Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Battle Of The Remixes: Round 3

Poll runs till Wed May 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Fantasy ft. ODB
45%
Honey (Classic Mix)
24%
Do You Know Where You're Going To (Mariah Bonita Club Edit)
3%
Make It Happen (C + C Mix)
12%
It's Like That (Morales Club Mix)
15%

Total votes : 33

Postby Shaka » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:54 pm

SawyerHewitt wrote:Black does not suit her at all :lol:
Brown/caramel, yeaaaaah.
Exactly, like during Memoirs/Precious Era. I love her hair color during '09/'10 the most <3

Also, bring back the curls <3
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Cashiado wrote:Image

Tampa Bound this morning to see Mariah. She's staying at the Westin! Went to the bar there. No luck! Boo! I'm gonna guess she's sleeping after going to the after party in FYI and having to travel to Tampa for tonight. I tried though!
Have fun! :D
I hope you get to see her <3
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby Diamondedition » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:19 pm

chanteuse wrote:
stevyy wrote:
jochen wrote:Did you know that sony signed mariah in 1989 for 550.000$ ??
Mariah was paid with air-kisses during her first 3 albums. After Music Box she demanded more money per album.

Mariah was closed to being dropped when her 2nd album flopped with 4x Platinum. She really needed Music Box and her international break in order to become Tommy's alltime #1.
I would love to know more about Mariah's music contracts, How many album's did Sony sign her for? and i remember Mariah talking about having to give A LOT of HER profits to Ben Margulies because of a dodgy contract :(
Where did u get this dropped info Stevyy?

From what I heard, they renegotiated the Margulies deal after the first album to 10% for the remaining albums.
Diamondedition
Manager

Postby UKLamb_1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:23 pm

This performance is a hot mess and I love it. Can't believe it's been 10? years since this.

K I T!
“Mariah also dumped her longtime assistant Louise by shoving her out of a car in downtown Manhattan.”
UKLamb_1
Manager

Postby itsawrap » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:40 pm

My sister walked in on me once lip syncing and dancing naked to sent from up above once.
Me. I am Itsawrap.
itsawrap
Manager

Postby chilled » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:43 pm

UKLamb_1 wrote:This performance is a hot mess and I love it. Can't believe it's been 10? years since this.

K I T!
I remember seeing this a long time ago and being excited she was performing this remix. But indeed is a messy. :lol: Love it though
Underneath The Stars
chilled
Manager

Postby chilled » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 pm

itsawrap wrote:My sister walked in on me once lip syncing and dancing naked to sent from up above once.
aaaawwwww. How did she react though?
Underneath The Stars
chilled
Manager

Postby musedeva » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 pm

Try Again!!! Try Again!!

Re Ceipts ReCeipts!!!

BUT! most of all ....have FUN for all of Us!!!...happy for ya :)

Cashiado wrote:Image

Tampa Bound this morning to see Mariah. She's staying at the Westin! Went to the bar there. No luck! Boo! I'm gonna guess she's sleeping after going to the after party in FYI and having to travel to Tampa for tonight. I tried though!
musedeva
Manager

Postby musedeva » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:46 pm

T M I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...whacked request lamb

chilled wrote:
itsawrap wrote:My sister walked in on me once lip syncing and dancing naked to sent from up above once.
aaaawwwww. How did she react though?
musedeva
Manager

Postby chilled » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Shaka wrote:
LambChild wrote:My All IMO bridges the gap between Mariah the belting balladeer and Mariah the sultry R&B diva. It's sexy in ways Forever, Without You could NEVER be but it's powerful in ways some of her slow jams like Bliss and The Impossible could never be.
Exactly, THIS!!!
I think "I Only Wanted" outsold tho, but that song is very special for me so maybe I'm not being objective enough.
I Only Wanted is one of my favorites. i remember hearing for the first time . Wow, at the control of her voice in that particular song :o
Underneath The Stars
chilled
Manager

Postby chilled » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Caramel is my favorite color for Mariah's hair as well, and a normal length, around the brest . It moves more
Underneath The Stars
chilled
Manager

Postby musedeva » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:50 pm

Never saw this B4!! Thanks for posting this--I like the re make--Is Bryan in there???

Luvin' the mirror fetish!

chilled wrote:
UKLamb_1 wrote:This performance is a hot mess and I love it. Can't believe it's been 10? years since this.

K I T!
I remember seeing this a long time ago and being excited she was performing this remix. But indeed is a messy. :lol: Love it though
musedeva
Manager

Postby musedeva » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:54 pm

I understood that Warners was on the table for 300K...then Sony took it over at 350K

that marguilies got 50% off the first and then 10% cut on cuts he was on after that?

so, maybe he still gets 50% off MC still? MAYBE THAT IS why we don't hear that stuff?

Diamondedition wrote:
chanteuse wrote:
stevyy wrote:
jochen wrote:Did you know that sony signed mariah in 1989 for 550.000$ ??
Mariah was paid with air-kisses during her first 3 albums. After Music Box she demanded more money per album.

Mariah was closed to being dropped when her 2nd album flopped with 4x Platinum. She really needed Music Box and her international break in order to become Tommy's alltime #1.
I would love to know more about Mariah's music contracts, How many album's did Sony sign her for? and i remember Mariah talking about having to give A LOT of HER profits to Ben Margulies because of a dodgy contract :(
Where did u get this dropped info Stevyy?

From what I heard, they renegotiated the Margulies deal after the first album to 10% for the remaining albums.
musedeva
Manager

Postby himc15 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:01 pm

^^ that performance,never seen that b4,i love it, so cool

where is that?
himc15
Superstar

Postby chilled » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:04 pm

himc15 wrote:^^ that performance,never seen that b4,i love it, so cool

where is that?
Disneyland
Underneath The Stars
chilled
Manager

Postby Shaka » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:05 pm

Disneyland Paris '07

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby banksy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:24 pm

chanteuse wrote:

I read somewhere that Mariah was still paying a percentage of her sales to Ben ( i think ) during Rainbow era ??? she talked about not being as rich as she should be because of signing a bad contract when she was young.
found it.. this is from an interview in July 2001.
When 17-year-old Mariah Carey put pen to paper on her first record deal she had no idea she was signing away half her earnings for the next 13 years. Incredibly Mariah, now 31, found herself on the brink of ruin - despite selling 120million albums in ten years, more than any other female artist.
She says: "I was in financial trouble. I made some serious mistakes. Of course I am wealthy in most people's reality and the reality of what I grew up with. But for the amount of records I've sold it's nowhere near what people think, because of the deal I signed at 17 and because of things I did in my personal life. It effectively meant that I was giving away half of my artist's royalties. Basically until my last album, Rainbow, I was giving my money to someone else.
I think the label got her out of the bad deal, but she still had to give him ten percent of what she made while she was with Columbia. Way better than half.

"Carey's relationship with Margulies deteriorated over a personal contract Carey had signed with him before signing the record deal with Columbia, agreeing to split not only the songwriting royalties from the songs, but half of her earnings as well. However, when the time came to write music for Emotions, Sony officials made it clear he would only be paid the fair amount given to co-writers on an album. Margulies later filed a lawsuit against Sony which ultimately led to their parting of ways.

In the following year, however, Carey’s and Margulies’ collaboration ended over a financial dispute. Before recording their demo, Carey had signed a contract that entitled Margulies to half the proceeds she made from any recordings involving his material, in addition to songwriting royalties. According to one of Carey's biographers,

Sony’s lawyers stepped in, and after a long and often bitter court battle that dragged on for over a year, both sides reportedly agreed that Ben would receive ten percent of Mariah’s earnings over the next ten years. Mariah would look back on the falling out with Ben as a painful learning experience. “Be careful what you sign,” she said in a Q magazine interview. “I heard that a thousand times. But when you’re struggling, you still do it. I blindly signed.” In the aftermath of the court battle, Ben would discuss the situation diplomatically, putting the lion’s share of the blame on the record label and saying that he hoped Mariah and he could work together again in the future. The reality is that a five-year friendship and creative partnership that had produced some wonderful music had been destroyed. The two never worked together again, and, in fact, had no contact whatsoever."

Considering that he's talked crap about her ever since, I'd say that Mariah came out on top in the end.
banksy
Personal Assistant

Postby himc15 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:29 pm

thanks @ Shaka & @ Chilled,,i gotta go on youtube and have Mariah marathon again,she got so much
i thought ive seen all,lil do i know :)
himc15
Superstar

Postby Shaka » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:33 pm

You're welcome himc :wink:

That's the only public performance from '07 (she did some private events that year as well).
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby chilled » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:14 pm

You're welcome himc15 :wink: :D
Underneath The Stars
chilled
Manager

Postby delapuerta » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:19 pm

I had never watched this great interview in a Irish show

https://youtu.be/onjPkeECqyA
delapuerta
Manager

Postby jr588 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:20 pm

New Lionel interview - he says several nice things about our girl -> http://music.blog.ajc.com/2017/08/11/li ... a-concert/
jr588
Groupie

Postby Shaka » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:25 pm

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby musedeva » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:39 am

poor Marguilies...he never did anything again......to my knowledge

he was trying to work Lisa LV into another Mariah Dog N Pony show...and poor LL seems to have a pretty fried vocal as well....CORRECTION!!! Not fried!! but very different now..very STRONG!!

the locals told me he's pretty nasty...but I've never met the guy...so can't say

...its really sad that he would do that to Mariah at the beginning...if he would of been reasonable and adjusted the "contract" he "acquired" from a "minor",,,they probably could of gone forward to this day....very sad what greed does to so many
Last edited by musedeva on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
musedeva
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:57 am

What about us is decreasing :(
"Be safe, be honest, be careful" - Morgan Carey
gunman6
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion