Mariah Carey

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, Benjamin, stevyy

Have you seen Mariah live in concert?

Yes, I've seen her live - during the 90s.
7%
Yes, I've seen her live - during the Charmbracelet era.
15%
Yes, I've seen her live - during the TEOM era.
7%
Yes, I've seen her live - during the 2009-2015 years.
20%
Yes, I've seen her live - in the last 2 years.
38%
No, but I will be seeing her this December in one of her Christmas concerts!
4%
No, and I have no desire to see her live.
10%

Total votes : 153

Postby abc121209 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:03 am

himc15 wrote:^^^^oh God,Mariah is coming for that #1 on Xmas season
promo started wayyyyy early i must say,hahahaaa :lol:
yes Mimi,be friends with the Kardashians and Ariana,Eminem and even say she knows JLo and BOOM, she is relatable again
i cant,im jocking guys

but its good to see the tweet & retweet from the 2

or maybe her tweeter was hacked?? :o
Or maybe it was lil Mishka pretending to be Mariah :roll: :lol:
“It's in my genes. My mother was an opera singer. I'm clearly dramatic.” - Mariah Carey
abc121209
Groupie

Postby Pawlu84 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:39 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:
EAI wrote:Aww, Kim k stans.. Mariah, do you know her yet? :cry:
https://twitter.com/kimkardashian/statu ... 3306317824

Thats refreshing considering Mariah shaded her several years ago... :lol: :P
I don't think this was shade you can see she's confused when people start laughing.
Pawlu84
Manager

Postby himc15 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:54 am

even of she knew,that was not shade at all,that was the truth that people or i must say celebs dont have to pretend that tgey are happy in a relationships just to plaase their fans and other people,they have to be real,
thats what she was saying,even on Babra Walters after the birth of her kids,she said something about Nick and most celebs i know would never say that

Mariah is a real person,and she was telling Kim(even if no name were mentioned) that she needs tk be real and if something is wrong in a telationship,she dont have to pretend its alright just so people outside could be happy,

there are so many celebs that u can c that there is nothing about love/happiness in their relatioships,and you can c the fakeness on their faces
im done
himc15
Superstar

Postby Gravity » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:22 am

BlueScorpion wrote:"Last Kiss" is really good. I wish this was more recognized.
I was just listening to it yesterday and thinking the same thing. Last Kiss is so underrated.
We build bridges, not walls
Gravity
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:23 am

F**k off and lose my number. You are an idiot. Mariah is on fire.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby wolfily » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:44 am

Last Kiss, like the rest of her tracks on the Einstein album, is A++mazing. Mariah should call Johnta Austin, Manuel Seal & JD and work on that 19th No.1.

Gravity wrote:
I was just listening to it yesterday and thinking the same thing. Last Kiss is so underrated.
I don’t know where the motherf---er is.
wolfily
Personal Assistant

Postby SawyerHewitt » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:59 am

Last kiss is just trash.
One of the worst on that meh album.
Lyrics are great, but that's it.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:35 am

Last Kiss is definitely the weakest track on Einstein, an album I actually enjoy compared to a lot of lambs. Her vocals are great but the instrumental and hook are pretty weak imo
F**k off and lose my number. You are an idiot. Mariah is on fire.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby wolfily » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Happy belated 22nd anniversary Fantasy.
- First song by a female to debut at No.1
- Mariah's 9th No.1
- 8 weeks at No.1

Fantasy (Remix) - the biggest gamechanger in music.

In the mid-1990's Ms. Carey pioneered a subgenre that some people call the thug-love duet. Nowadays clean-cut pop stars are expected to collaborate with roughneck rappers, but when Ms. Carey teamed up with Ol' Dirty Bastard, of the Wu-Tang Clan, for the 1995 hit "Fantasy (Remix)," it was a surprise, and a smash.
Fantasy (Remix) became standard for R&B/hip-hop stars like Missy Elliott and Beyoncé, to combine melodies with rapped verses. And young white pop stars—including Britney Spears, 'N Sync, and Christina Aguilera—have spent much of the past ten years making pop music that is unmistakably R&B. Carey's idea of pairing a female songbird with the leading male MCs of hip-hop changed R&B and, eventually, all of pop. Although now anyone is free to use this idea, the success of "Mimi" suggests that it still belongs to Carey.
wolfily
Personal Assistant

Postby wolfily » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:55 pm

20 years ago today, Honey debuted at No.1 on Billboard Hot 100.
wolfily
Personal Assistant

Postby Ratchet1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:07 pm

:-? If her people aren't heeding the chart performance of the Unforgettable remix and I Don't they're idiots. I wonder when was the last time anybody did some market research on her behalf. They have some things working in their favor that they're too stupid to use. If she did collabs with other female singers that would generate a buzz all it's own. People think she's too highly of herself to ever do it. ATRL was practically gagging about who might get picked to perform at that holiday Diva's Live she did last year. People care about who she chooses to acknowledge for whatever reason. They should take advantage of it. I love her rap collabs. But nobody is here for them anymore. And, even Nick's new music sounds like it's better produced
Ratchet1
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:44 pm

I love Kim.
Mariah + Stella + JD = Flop af
gunman6
Manager

Postby bm08 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Really happy with her press lately, everything seems more coordinated. It's having some, though small, effects on Greatest Hits which sits at #615 at this moment.

AIWFCIY has also been streamed nearly 700K times this month already.
bm08
Superstar

Postby Shaka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:05 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:
Shaka wrote:
Nope.
I was going to attend the South America Leg of the SSF Tour (just on the day of my birthday :evil: ) and they cancelled the show at last minute due an issue with the promoters... That was late October from last year.
Same. I was going to attend my first Mariah concert in NZ - it was the Butterfly tour and she was coming Down Under for the first time. I woke up super early, took the morning off work and was second in line and waited hours in the cold...and got front row tix! Then she cancelled the NZ concert... (Which I now know was because she was told to get back to the US for a movie which didn't even proceed..sonshe cancelled for nothing and she was angry about that). Didn't get to see her until the Charmy tour in London, but by then the public thought she was a has-been and she didn't even fill the small Wembly arena... :cry:
Well, at least you witnessed her second vocal peak.

She sounded phenomenal that date 8-)

Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:06 pm

itsawrap wrote:Is there anyway to buy the sugar factory items and also all the hits merch online?
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:07 pm

LCRiah wrote:
Omg Mariah retweeted Kim djksnsksns I'm SHOOK :o
OMG, I love Kim!
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Gravity wrote:
"Last Kiss" is cute at best.

"Thanks 4 Nothing" in the other hand >>>
Shaka
Legend

Postby TheRealest » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Ratchet1 wrote::-? If her people aren't heeding the chart performance of the Unforgettable remix and I Don't they're idiots. I wonder when was the last time anybody did some market research on her behalf. They have some things working in their favor that they're too stupid to use. If she did collabs with other female singers that would generate a buzz all it's own. People think she's too highly of herself to ever do it. ATRL was practically gagging about who might get picked to perform at that holiday Diva's Live she did last year. People care about who she chooses to acknowledge for whatever reason. They should take advantage of it. I love her rap collabs. But nobody is here for them anymore. And, even Nick's new music sounds like it's better produced
She needs a SOLO bop I'm over her collaborations unless it's for someone else.

T4N >>>
Keeping you hoes in line since 09.
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby Shaka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:18 pm

It was so easy for her and it sounded so full, now tell me, why she can't do the freaking opening F#6 in VOL? :evil:

eternally12 wrote:
Shaka
Legend

Postby LambChild » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:26 pm

TheRealest wrote:She needs a SOLO bop I'm over her collaborations unless it's for someone else.
This tbh. I've gone back and forth in my head who I'd really like to see on Mariah's new album but I'm hoping the lead single is a solo effort. If there's a remix with a rapper than fine but Infinity was the last solo MC song we got.... it's been over 2 years.
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby Shaka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Best audio quality on YT.

Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Ugh, the video cuts in the best part. Seems like Mariah didn't go for the Eb5 belt in this alternative version during the harmonies.

Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:43 pm

'Glitter' soundtrack is finally available on streaming services (Spotify), but only in a few selected countries.

https://open.spotify.com/album/5fN9sJIh7mAXBsb3mvX7A1

The songs are unavailable in my country :x
Shaka
Legend

Postby ForeverYoung » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:45 pm

LambChild wrote:
TheRealest wrote:She needs a SOLO bop I'm over her collaborations unless it's for someone else.
This tbh. I've gone back and forth in my head who I'd really like to see on Mariah's new album but I'm hoping the lead single is a solo effort. If there's a remix with a rapper than fine but Infinity was the last solo MC song we got.... it's been over 2 years.
Wow, Infinity was her last solo song? No wonder I blocked that shit out.

We're getting The Star which sounds like it's gonna be really good. Plus, Lil Snowman.... which better not have anyone as a feature, be it a rapper or someone like Roc & Roe (you guys got me fretting now) so there's that for the time being. I know those are Christmas songs but.... welp!
ForeverYoung
Manager

Postby Kaloki » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Just in case anybody forgot about this

Kaloki
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion