Mariah Carey

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, Benjamin, stevyy

Which THREE singles released in October are your favourites?

Can't Let Go (October 23rd 1991)
23%
Hero (October 19th 1993)
15%
Sweetheart (October 06th 1998)
10%
Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) (October 03rd 2000)
7%
Never Too Far (October 23rd 2001)
8%
Through The Rain (October 17th 2002)
12%
Get Your Number (October 03rd 2005)
6%
I Stay In Love (October 28th 2008)
9%
Oh Santa! (October 01st 2010)
9%

Total votes : 380

Postby Shaka » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:32 am

tiagolambily31 wrote:Hey Guys. My name is Tiago, and i am a huge lamb from Portugal. Love Mariah and this forum. I laugh all the time :lol:

I´ve seen Mariah in Milan at The sweet Fantasy Tour, and i will see her in Paris this December. I am beyond excited :D
Welcome aboard tiago! Have fun!
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:37 am

skywalker wrote:
wolfily wrote:
Just a year and a half after her epic third solo LP, This Is What the Truth Feels Like, Gwen Stefani is back with brand new music. The singer, 48, dropped her Christmas album, You Make It Feel Like Christmas, which features six new tracks along with standards like “Jingle Bells” and “Silent Night,” earlier this month. “I love the idea of being a part of the joy of Christmas,” Stefani tells EW. “And I love the idea of having a record that will be an annual thing. I really hope we hit on something that people want to hear every year. That would be the fantasy: to be Mariah Carey.”
I love Gwen! But I guess she already knows that’s not gonna happen :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We love you Gwen, but you know: https://media.tenor.com/images/2c974cf4 ... /tenor.gif
Shaka
Legend

Postby taustin13 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:42 am

^ Mariahs vocabulary is always on fleek.

@Skywalker...I want you. I love your H-O-T AVI.
Last edited by taustin13 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont throw rocks when you live in a glass house. It's that f****** simple.
taustin13
Manager

Postby skywalker » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:43 am

Shaka wrote:
skywalker wrote:
wolfily wrote:
Just a year and a half after her epic third solo LP, This Is What the Truth Feels Like, Gwen Stefani is back with brand new music. The singer, 48, dropped her Christmas album, You Make It Feel Like Christmas, which features six new tracks along with standards like “Jingle Bells” and “Silent Night,” earlier this month. “I love the idea of being a part of the joy of Christmas,” Stefani tells EW. “And I love the idea of having a record that will be an annual thing. I really hope we hit on something that people want to hear every year. That would be the fantasy: to be Mariah Carey.”
I love Gwen! But I guess she already knows that’s not gonna happen :lol:

We love you Gwen, but you know: https://media.tenor.com/images/2c974cf4 ... /tenor.gif
Love that gif :lol:
“MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby Shaka » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:47 am

justTrifling wrote:
allygdale wrote:Sigh Bryan is a step up from James but she can do so much better, he looks like a rat

Derek Jeter >>> Mark >> Luis Miguel > Camron > Nick > Tommy >>> Bryan >> James
Derek Jeter would've been ideal but Bryan a rat??? And tommy above Bryan hun tommy is gross af and always has been.
Brian's hot but in a short term way, Jeter is more like wife me up
Tommy is like let me go vomit instead, Mark is generic
Luis Miguel is a total mess, and Tommy and James were the worst. Nick is childish and a cheater, so nope. I liked Mark, he was very reserved. But they're old news.

Bryan seems like a nice dude, and I like the relationship he has with dem babies, especially with Roe, in the pics or vids they're always playing and laughing. Plus he's hot haha. They make a great couple IMO. And they've been dating for a while now, we know all started during the SSF Tour when they were flirting all the time 8-)
Shaka
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:48 am

If you don't know her by now, she's Tommy Mottola wife. Is it me or she TRIED to shade Mariah at 2:30-2:40? :roll: :evil:

EDIT: At 3:43 she's singing with sunflowers at her back! OMG. :lol: :lol:

Bitches emulating me, dailyyyyyyyyyyy...
Last edited by BlueScorpion on Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby Shaka » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:49 am

skywalker wrote:
Shaka wrote:We love you Gwen, but you know: https://media.tenor.com/images/2c974cf4 ... /tenor.gif
Love that gif :lol:
It's a fave of mine :lol:
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:52 am

Thalia attempted to shade Mariah a few times, but you can't beat the Queen Of Shade, sorry Tha <3

Shaka
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:55 am

So Mariah's been serving I don't know teas from as early as 2001! This is the exact same shade she used towards Nicki! God bless. :lol:
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:58 am

Bish has some kind of obsession with Mariah. Trying to break the American market using R&B, sunflowers and even the Rainbow image on her tank top. :lol:

BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby skywalker » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:05 am

BlueScorpion wrote:Bish has some kind of obsession with Mariah. Trying to break the American market using R&B, sunflowers and even the Rainbow image on her tank top. :lol:

“Thaly” :lol:
Thalía used to be the real deal in Latín America
I enjoyed her music a lot. And her telenovelas :lol:
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby Shaka » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:09 am

Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:09 am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-13/m ... nd/9043098

Mariah Carey #1s Tour: Coastal hotel north of Brisbane confident it can host megastar

As Sydney, Melbourne and Perth prepare for the arrival of Mariah Carey's big Australian tour, a suburban hotel an hour outside of Brisbane is confident it can handle the logistics of hosting the megastar — and is spending big bucks to make it happen.

The best-selling female artist of the 1990s is bringing her #1s Tour to Australia in February, performing at the Melbourne Showgrounds, Parramatta Park and Perth Arena.

But the choice of Queensland venue, the Sandstone Point Hotel north of Brisbane near Bribie Island, has surprised many given it is relatively unknown and an hour outside the CBD.

Previously a rural property, the $30 million pub and restaurant development opened about two years ago, and has been hosting concert crowds of 3,000–6,500 people on a stage on a grassy knoll.

It's hoping to put its name on the map as a premier venue as it hosts its first act on a larger stage, for potentially 10,000 people.

Sandstone Point Hotel owner Robert Comiskey is confident the hotel can pull it off.

"This will be the first time we use our large stage," he said.

"I don't think there will be a problem. The infrastructure is there.

"We will bring in external site managers who are used to dealing with this every day.

Mr Comiskey is no stranger to ambitious projects, having also turned the Eatons Hill Hotel into a popular live music venue in Brisbane's outer suburbs.

"When we built Eatons Hill people said 'that won't work, it is not in the city'. It wasn't easy, and it was a hard road, but we've proven it works," he said.

"We will make sure everything is nailed off, 100 per cent, and get it right the first time."

Mr Comiskey said a promoter approached the Sandstone Point Hotel about hosting Carey.

"It was designed to have big stars like this," he said.

"It was always going happen. It's just what star was going to happen.

"We hope it sells as much as possible. Last time she was in Brisbane she sold around 10,000 [tickets] so probably something around there."

He said he did not know how much Carey was paid per gig, but guessed the tour would bring in millions.

But an event of this scale is not without logistical challenges, and the hotel is spending upwards of $250,000 on infrastructure to host the concert.

For example, the main road leading into the venue for the last kilometre is currently single-lane — something which will need to change.

"We will have a staggered start, good traffic management, planning and signage and making sure we have adequate parking on site which we do," he said.
The stage and sounds system alone can cost up to $120,000.

"And it is not just the stage; it is the toilets, tents, fencing, paramedics, police, traffic management. You are talking hundreds of thousands to set up for one day," he said.

"If you don't do it well, everyone knows about it straight away. Not many people are forgiving if they have to wait or if car parking is an issue."

Mr Comiskey said despite the high costs of hosting Carey, the numbers did stack up.

"We do the numbers and make sure the risk is satisfactory, and if we think the risk if too high we pass. We've passed on many deals because we think the risk is just too high for that artist," he said.
Shaka
Legend

Postby wolfily » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:41 am

Is that Maria Mercedes? Oh, hey gurlll.

Thunder and rain surrounds you but His love's just a breath away if you follow your heart, follow the light, follow that star
wolfily
Personal Assistant

Postby Shaka » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:49 am

That pic is fookin' ICONIC.
Shaka
Legend

Postby skywalker » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:08 am

wolfily wrote:Is that Maria Mercedes? Oh, hey gurlll.

That’s “la marginal” :lol:
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby Hoodriah » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:16 am

You know the best thing about this pic is that it was taken just a few days before the release of TEOM. Mariah knew that she had a Hurricane under her sleeves
Last edited by Hoodriah on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoodriah
Groupie

Postby himc15 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:39 am

^^Hhhahahaha, so true

+ welcome to the family @tiago
himc15
Superstar

Postby Mckenry » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:44 am

Mariah looked so classy that night (I guess that was the time she said she's not gonna show lots of skin but things turned around quickly when Shake It Off came out. :lol:) But I guess they've all moved on, so..

The next photo that I'd like to see is Mariah shaking hands with JLo. That would end famine, world war 3 and postpones end of the world in another 3000 years. :lol: :lol: :lol:
M A R I A H
Mckenry
Manager

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:44 am

I don't know she sings! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) That shade.
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby justTrifling » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:49 am

So soon!!!
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby himc15 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:50 am

"I Dont Know Her" is the biggest shade of them allllllllll
#Facts
himc15
Superstar

Postby himc15 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 am

so in 14 days i will here "The Star" ??yees,im so ready,
:lol:
himc15
Superstar

Postby mm2912 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:01 am

I don't know if it was posted here but on this week episode of "This is us" on a flashback scene one brother asked to the other "who do you think is hotter: Brandy or Mariah Carey?" and he answered "they both are pretty hot" :D
mm2912
Roadie

Postby Shaka » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:10 am

Yasss, just for my birthday!
Oct 27 can't come soon enough <3
Shaka
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion