Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

 

Battle Of The Personal Songs

Poll ended at Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:49 pm

Close My Eyes
26
34%
Petals
12
16%
Vanishing
16
21%
Looking In
14
18%
Sunflowers For Alfred Roy
1
1%
I Wish You Well
8
10%
 
Total votes : 77

Postby shanghaichica » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:25 pm

One child is epic.

Honourable mentions:

Jesus born on this day
When Christmas comes
For the Nostalgia if nothing else
User avatar
shanghaichica
Manager
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012
Location: UK

Postby BlueScorpion » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:28 pm

The interview with the puppies was so cute. Proof she can lay and still come across as likable.
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
User avatar
BlueScorpion
Superstar
 
Posts: 6401
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011
Location: Europe

Postby itsawrap » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Aiwfciy remix should have been included. The orginal is too upbeat and overplayed for my liking.
Me. I am Itsawrap.
User avatar
itsawrap
Manager
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013

Postby TheRealest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:07 pm

AIWFCIY >
User avatar
TheRealest
The Queen
 
Posts: 14188
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009
Location: USA

Postby andy001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Pretty cool site for iPhone case and other quirky MC items.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheArtOfMimi

Even blankets!

fridge magnets (NYE disaster fridge magnet)

mugs

Think I'll buy fridge magnet and mug, such cool ideas.
Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by andy001 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Listen to me and the amazing Lucy! Radioactive
https://www.smule.com/p/980109103_1450043904
User avatar
andy001
Superstar
 
Posts: 5158
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008
Location: Manchester UK

Postby NorthernMonkey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:16 pm

itsawrap wrote:Aiwfciy remix should have been included. The orginal is too upbeat and overplayed for my liking.
It wouldn’t have won so don’t worry too much :lol:
User avatar
NorthernMonkey
Superstar
 
Posts: 7416
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010
Location: North England

Postby justTrifling » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:31 pm

I can't decide if the puppies or Mariah are cuter in the buzzfeed video, that's so adorable!!!
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
User avatar
justTrifling
Manager
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017
Location: NY

Postby himc15 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 pm

AIWFCIY is everything

2nd is Miss You Most

but its a hard poll
User avatar
himc15
Superstar
 
Posts: 9934
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014

Postby andy001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:42 pm

It's AIWFC by a looooooooooooong shot
Listen to me and the amazing Lucy! Radioactive
https://www.smule.com/p/980109103_1450043904
User avatar
andy001
Superstar
 
Posts: 5158
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008
Location: Manchester UK

Postby delapuerta » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Mariah's Christmas catalogue is perfect
delapuerta
Manager
 
Posts: 1925
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014

Postby bm08 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:51 pm

They should really package all her products into one, similar to what Universal UK sent to influencers. Make the first couple vinyls signed and you're working with something

Image
User avatar
bm08
Superstar
 
Posts: 9309
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013

Postby banksy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:57 pm

onesup wrote:that was a cute interview!

uggggh my friend sent me a meme of Mariah and Busta doing IKWYW for that busta friends concert where they both sound a mess. I cant believe that messy ass performance is still floating around and turned into a meme! IKWYW already has two big, laughable moments, Honey has several... : S
Is it the one about your drunk aunt and uncle embarrassing you at your wedding?
User avatar
banksy
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 938
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016

Postby RayRay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:58 pm

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! Only ONE choice for favorite Christmas song?!!!
That's so hard and unfair.

Jesus Born On This Day is my favorite from the first album. Sounds like a classic traditional gospel song. How does she write songs like they have excisted forever? The choirs make it even more sound like an epic anthem.

Where Are You Christmas shows how great a songwriter Mariah is. Even when she is not singing the song herself, you can hear the brilliance of the song.

One Child is the song I would have chosen a few years ago as I fell in love with it instantly.

Christmas In New York screams to be released. Such a beautiful song.

Lil Snowman is still so fresh and new to me, although it's already my most played song of the last 7 days according to my.last.fm.

The Star is the song I chose as I could only pick one. It's everything Mariah stands for: stunning vocals and inspirational lyrics.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 10269
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby banksy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:05 pm

RayRay wrote:WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! Only ONE choice for favorite Christmas song?!!!
That's so hard and unfair.
This was your poll idea, Ray. :lol:

Every song can't be the best, hence why there is only one option. Be more specific next time?
User avatar
banksy
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 938
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016

Postby RayRay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:12 pm

banksy wrote:
RayRay wrote:WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! Only ONE choice for favorite Christmas song?!!!
That's so hard and unfair.
This was your poll idea, Ray. :lol:

Every song can't be the best, hence why there is only one option. Be more specific next time?
I know it was my idea and your a sweetheart for making it happen. :D

But how I wish I could have chosen a few more songs. :lol:
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 10269
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby banksy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:44 pm

RayRay wrote:
banksy wrote:
RayRay wrote:WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! Only ONE choice for favorite Christmas song?!!!
That's so hard and unfair.
This was your poll idea, Ray. :lol:

Every song can't be the best, hence why there is only one option. Be more specific next time?
I know it was my idea and your a sweetheart for making it happen. :D

But how I wish I could have chosen a few more songs. :lol:
Check your PMs.
User avatar
banksy
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 938
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016

Postby jeremimi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:49 pm

The Chicago theater website says the Mariah show is cancelled. Can anyone confirm?
jeremimi
Roadie
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012

Postby EAI » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:53 pm

jeremimi wrote:The Chicago theater website says the Mariah show is cancelled. Can anyone confirm?
I just checked and it doesn’t say that. Maybe it was a glitch?
F*ck off and lose my number.
User avatar
EAI
Superstar
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Postby Cashiado » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Has anyone ever seen this? Just came across it.
Emotions/Lil L.O.V.E. Remix

User avatar
Cashiado
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012
Location: Florida

Postby bm08 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:03 pm

EAI wrote:
jeremimi wrote:The Chicago theater website says the Mariah show is cancelled. Can anyone confirm?
I just checked and it doesn’t say that. Maybe it was a glitch?
It's here EAI:
https://www.msg.com/calendar/the-chicag ... mas-is-you

Hmm...curious to see how this plays out, if true. She will open on Friday, cancel Saturday and then carry on with the rest of the tour? Peculiar. I suppose we'll see what happens if this is true.
User avatar
bm08
Superstar
 
Posts: 9309
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013

Postby andy001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:06 pm

I like that remix, I didn't mind the pitch alterations apart from one of the whistles it spoils it, but otherwise that's a cool remix
Listen to me and the amazing Lucy! Radioactive
https://www.smule.com/p/980109103_1450043904
User avatar
andy001
Superstar
 
Posts: 5158
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008
Location: Manchester UK

Postby Bulwieboo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:08 pm

AIWFCIY is the best, but i voted for CTIITAA tho, casue i knew All i want will win, and just wanted to show some love for this masterpiece.
User avatar
Bulwieboo
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016
Location: Poland

Postby justTrifling » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:17 pm

bm08 wrote:
EAI wrote:
jeremimi wrote:The Chicago theater website says the Mariah show is cancelled. Can anyone confirm?
I just checked and it doesn’t say that. Maybe it was a glitch?
It's here EAI:
https://www.msg.com/calendar/the-chicag ... mas-is-you

Hmm...curious to see how this plays out, if true. She will open on Friday, cancel Saturday and then carry on with the rest of the tour? Peculiar. I suppose we'll see what happens if this is true.
This woman needs to stop cancelling half her concerts right before.
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
User avatar
justTrifling
Manager
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017
Location: NY

Postby NorthernMonkey » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Oh gosh I hope she’s ok..

All of the interviews we’ve seen today/yesterday will have been recorded before that whole stupid lie of a story.
User avatar
NorthernMonkey
Superstar
 
Posts: 7416
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010
Location: North England

Postby EAI » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 pm

I swear to God if more dates get cancelled.. I spent my life savings.
F*ck off and lose my number.
User avatar
EAI
Superstar
 
Posts: 8948
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Return to General Artists Discussion