35%
Once In A Lifetime
24%
Weakness Of The Body
18%

Total votes : 104

Postby iHypeMusic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:25 pm

RayRay wrote:
NorthernMonkey wrote:Let’s be brutally honest. Her last hit-worthy single was released almost 5 years ago... the singles since have been sub-par to crap.
Let's be brutally honest. If you haven't liked a song in five years, I think you are in the wrong thread.
Well he said her singles, not all songs in general she's released the past 5 years. And even if he has disliked all her songs the past 5 years, she has such a huge discography it's understable he'd still listen to her often.

And he didn't lie. Her singles after #Beautiful have been bad decisions. Infinity, I Don't, You're Mine, are nothing specials -- they're no highlights in her music, and she did them better 10 years ago. They all get so old after a week.

If she wants to get a hit (which I believe she does since she still does remixes with artists, performs everywhere on TV when she has new music, and etc) then she needs to make some true highlights or sounds that are huge in 2018.

Whether you're a fan or not, you can't seriously think Infinity and I Don't sounded like true hits or highlights in her discography lol....
Last edited by iHypeMusic on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iHypeMusic
Personal Assistant

Postby bm08 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 pm

I hope she doesnt release any studio pics or talk about the album until it's all done, wrapped up, packed up, ribbon with a bow on it. It's so old and tired to tease "im in the studio" pics now and given her track record it only leads to disappointment. Her fans don't trust her and for good reason.

Come to us when you're done with a release date and everything finished (including the first MV). The rumour mill will obviously swirl but that's the fun in it all.

I recall Epic published something asking for reference tracks for MC and others long long ago so there's that.
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:28 pm

@DOSSOME, gurl, go sit in the corner and listen to MIH on repeat!
#Beautiful is an effing CLASSIC <3.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Superstar

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:31 pm

SawyerHewitt wrote:@DOSSOME, gurl, go sit in the corner and listen to MIH on repeat!
#Beautiful is an effing CLASSIC <3.
Come join me in the corner boo 8-)
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:34 pm

My fave "orphan" song by Mariah remains Triumphant. Such a classic. I remember how everyone on UKMIX turned in their lambs-passes and how I remained the only person among 7 billion humans on planet earth to stan the song beyond believe.

To me, Triumphant is one of the best songs Mariah Carey - the singer - has ever released.
stevyy
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:37 pm

iHypeMusic wrote:
RayRay wrote:
NorthernMonkey wrote:Let’s be brutally honest. Her last hit-worthy single was released almost 5 years ago... the singles since have been sub-par to crap.
Let's be brutally honest. If you haven't liked a song in five years, I think you are in the wrong thread.
Well he said her singles, not all songs in general she's released the past 5 years. And even if he has disliked all her songs the past 5 years, she has such a huge discography it's understable he'd still listen to her often.

And he didn't lie. Her singles after #Beautiful have been bad decisions. Infinity, I Don't, You're Mine, are nothing specials -- they're no highlights in her music, and she did them better 10 years ago. They all get so old after a week.

If she wants to get a hit (which I believe she does since she still does remixes with artists, performs everywhere on TV when she has new music, and etc) then she needs to make some true highlights or sounds that are huge in 2018.

Whether you're a fan or not, you can't seriously think Infinity and I Don't sounded like true hits or highlights in her discography lol....
Bit strange you're making fun of my opinion, because it's different than yours.

As I've been a fan since 1990 and still prefer those early pre-Butterfly years, I got told a lot about having to accept her (then) new songs. I did and still enjoy songs of every album. But it doesn't mean I don't understand how other lambs may prefer other songs/singles/albums.
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:38 pm

stevyy wrote:My fave "orphan" song by Mariah remains Triumphant. Such a classic. I remember how everyone on UKMIX turned in their lambs-passes and how I remained the only person among 7 billion humans on planet earth to stan the song beyond believe.

To me, Triumphant is one of the best songs Mariah Carey - the singer - has ever released.
+1
RayRay
Legend

Postby Bulwieboo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:39 pm

stevyy wrote:My fave "orphan" song by Mariah remains Triumphant. Such a classic. I remember how everyone on UKMIX turned in their lambs-passes and how I remained the only person among 7 billion humans on planet earth to stan the song beyond believe.

Triumphan music video is pure gold, one of the her best. My only problem with that song is lack of Mariah. But is bop and the remixes are beyond amaizing :)
Bulwieboo
Personal Assistant

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:45 pm

This is the BIGGEST criticism amongst lambs.
I have to agree.
Mariah has so much potential.
Thank God the last 2months have been on point. Its how it should be
Shaka wrote:Mariah Carey

"She's my favorite diva. I have a complicated relationship with the Christmas queen. She is one of the greatest singer-songwriters of all time, but for the past 10 years has decided to make questionable choices."
[/quote]
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby skywalker » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:55 pm

You’re not alone! I’ve stated many times here my love for Triumphant. It still is the song I listen to the most. A true gem.
“MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby iceblueeyes » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:22 pm

Funny how one can learn
To grow numb to the madness
And block it away
I left the worst unsaid
Let it all dissipate
And I try to forget
iceblueeyes
Groupie

Postby UKLamb_1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:56 pm

I want Mariah to write a song with Troye Sivan....don't @ me.

I love Triumphant, it got me through tough times.

I remember the hype of it all, I think that's when I signed up to the site :lol:
“Mariah also dumped her longtime assistant Louise by shoving her out of a car in downtown Manhattan.”
UKLamb_1
Manager

Postby Michiel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:19 pm

RayRay wrote:
iHypeMusic wrote:
RayRay wrote:

Bit strange you're making fun of my opinion, because it's different than yours.

And saying someone is in the wrong thread, when he/she is clearly not, is respecting somebody else's opinion? Ok.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 pm

^ I said it to point out that it is not always a good idea to be "brutally honest".
RayRay
Legend

Postby allygdale » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:02 am

My fav orphan was #B, who was eventually placed with an extraordinary family of equals that preserved through a supernatural event and a space storm :)
I AM FREE.
allygdale
Superstar

Postby allygdale » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am

SawyerHewitt wrote:
RayRay wrote:#Beautiful: A classic already.

Make It Look Good: Could easily have been a single. Very strong and great attribution by Stevie Wonder.

Faded: Should have been a single. A grower, but what a stunning emotion she shows here.

Thirsty: Easily as strong as Obsessed and Migrate.

The last five years have had so many great songs. :D
Now we're talking.
Wow this was looking so good but I rebuke any list without #DEDICATED
I AM FREE.
allygdale
Superstar

Postby bm08 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:59 am

:lol: :lol:

bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby lamb014 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:07 am

UKLamb_1 wrote:I want Mariah to write a song with Troye Sivan....don't @ me.
highly doubt it but my mind would blow ... s2

her migrating it's really everywhere ... :cry:
lamb014
Personal Assistant

Postby allygdale » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:39 am

bm08 wrote:I hope she doesnt release any studio pics or talk about the album until it's all done, wrapped up, packed up, ribbon with a bow on it. It's so old and tired to tease "im in the studio" pics now and given her track record it only leads to disappointment. Her fans don't trust her and for good reason.

Come to us when you're done with a release date and everything finished (including the first MV). The rumour mill will obviously swirl but that's the fun in it all.

I recall Epic published something asking for reference tracks for MC and others long long ago so there's that.
Yes dahling but Memoirs spent less time in the womb than Roc & Roe

I think she gave herself a limit this time too

She goes down under October 7th

She will block off a week or two for rehearsal and rehearse for three or four days at most so she has until early October to cook up something good :lol:
I AM FREE.
allygdale
Superstar

Postby himc15 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:06 am

@Michiel,with all the great and super beautiful pic of MC especially the latest ones,thats what u chose to put on ur AVI?? :) :o :lol:
himc15
Legend

Postby EAI » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:41 am

Mariah at the Dentist today!
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Shaka » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:05 am

justTrifling wrote:
RayRay wrote:Is there anyone close to Mariah that knows how many songs are done for the new album? Liron?
Zero.
:lol:

True that.

And I hope so, 'cause I don't want songs with January '17/July '17 vocals.
"What Juan says about Pedro says more about Juan than about Pedro"
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:07 am

EAI wrote:Mariah at the Dentist today
https://s14.postimg.org/5zqjoc0ld/Scree ... .55_PM.png
Snatched.

Them clavicles dahling! :lol:
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:15 am

justTrifling wrote:Lil Snowman is some of the worst vocals I’ve ever heard anyone record in my life, let alone Mariah f***ing Carey. If she did more in those studio sessions she can keep it, she couldn’t pay me to listen to that.
+1 tbh

I want a new album with her current vocals.

Btw, I hope this time she doesn't record songs in different years and with drastic differences in vocal shapes (like it happened with MIAM) 'cause it kinda ruins the whole experience for me. Except if she can maintain her current vocal shape - which is amazing, especially tone-wise) for a long period of time, like 2 years :lol:

Also, with the "International Tour" announced, I don't think we are getting an album this year. Probably around March '19.
Shaka
Legend

Postby EAI » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:16 am

I'd say "Late May" 2020
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion