Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Battle Of The Remixes: Round 3

Poll runs till Wed May 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Fantasy ft. ODB
53%
Honey (Classic Mix)
24%
Do You Know Where You're Going To (Mariah Bonita Club Edit)
No votes
Make It Happen (C + C Mix)
6%
It's Like That (Morales Club Mix)
18%

Total votes : 17

Postby allygdale » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:43 pm

UKLamb_1 wrote:
barnok wrote:You guys notice how Justin Timberlake is flopping hard worldwide? He disrespected Mariah during the Charmbracelet era by refusing to release a remix in which he is featured in her song called Yours. Mariah was a pariah back then and lost much star power because of Glitter and he doesn’t want to get identified with her flopping brand. I still can’t forgive him for that. Karma hits hard!
I'm SO glad his featuring on Yours was never released, I adore that song and I've never liked his voice. It was a blessing in disguise honestly.
A retro moment of nasal whatever. I would have preferred Ginuwine :D
I AM FREE.
allygdale
Superstar

Postby barnok » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:47 pm

UKLamb_1 wrote:
barnok wrote:You guys notice how Justin Timberlake is flopping hard worldwide? He disrespected Mariah during the Charmbracelet era by refusing to release a remix in which he is featured in her song called Yours. Mariah was a pariah back then and lost much star power because of Glitter and he doesn’t want to get identified with her flopping brand. I still can’t forgive him for that. Karma hits hard!
I'm SO glad his featuring on Yours was never released, I adore that song and I've never liked his voice. It was a blessing in disguise honestly.
It’s not the fact that we were not able to hear that version. What grates is that he has the audacity to disrespect a legend. He is not even fit to carry her bag. Lol!
barnok
Groupie

Postby Shaka » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:05 am

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby musiclover2174 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:16 am

I thought it was his label, Jive, that doesn't want it to be released? I don't think Justin would have recorded the remix at all if he doesn't want to get his name attached to her name at the time. read here
musiclover2174
Manager

Postby jr588 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:57 am

Yes, Jive Records refused to release the song. She said as much in the old “Ask Mariah” section of her website. She told the lambs to go on jiverecords.com and tell the label how they felt (that answer on ask Mariah was soon removed).

She had mentioned in interviews how she loved Justin’s version because his voice sounded like it did on Gone and she loved Gone (*NSYNC song) and that she felt it would be a nice complement to Cry Me A River.
jr588
Groupie

Postby HerSweetLullaby » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:59 am

He must've felt embarrassed after Mariah became emancipated (from her haters and people whom she does not know).
Got flavour like ice cream
HerSweetLullaby
Manager

Postby Shaka » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:26 am

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:28 am

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby woabritney » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:31 am

It's silly to blame Justin for Jive refusing to release the song. The truth is they could have added Justin, Britney, Whitney, Madonna, MJ, The Beatles, and Elvis to the track and it still wouldn't have made "Yours" a hit.
woabritney
Personal Assistant

Postby doodoodoot » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:31 am

Kyla >>>>>>>>>>mori

Tone tone tone....

For the filipina mariah singers who at each point in there carers were dubbed mc of the phils, each one had a mariah quality but it was never in one person.

1. Kyla - mcs riffs and runs, mariah's whispery tone, mariah's dead on pitch, Hands
2. Mori - whistle, vocal breaks
3. Regine - daydream belts and vocal scoops, feminine tone, fashion
4. Nina- tone, whisper, whistle
5. Jona - resonance, that bell like round belt, whistle/headtone (listen to her my saving race g5# belts.. so round.

Songwriting - effing nobody lol.. i think kyla wrote a song called beautiful days which was very... YOURs
doodoodoot
Manager

Postby allygdale » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:34 am

Quincy Jones, truth teller, also loves Last Kiss :D
I AM FREE.
allygdale
Superstar

Postby banksy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:05 am

HerSweetLullaby wrote:He must've felt embarrassed after Mariah became emancipated (from her haters and people whom she does not know).
Jive tried to get it released during the TEOM era.
banksy
Personal Assistant

Postby Undubbed » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:18 am

Wish the stems on 4Real4Real leaked or someone could extract the high notes. there are def some hidden gems in this songs like at around 3:00 minute mark, and during da brats rap there are some high noted hidden in the background. Anyone else notice this? I watch all of the Mariah videos on YouTube and dont think I ever heard of someone talking about 4r4r and the high notes. thought I would share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNnlXBrxQD0
Undubbed
Groupie

Postby justTrifling » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:18 am

allygdale wrote:Quincy Jones, truth teller, also loves Last Kiss :D
Take off Jermaine and he’s got a point there
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby divingmuffin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:32 am

justTrifling wrote:
It's a jam. Jermaine is talented. Mimi's vocals slay. So smooth. Her harmonizing arpeggios with herself in whistle register :o
You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!
divingmuffin
Personal Assistant

Postby justTrifling » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:54 am

divingmuffin wrote:
justTrifling wrote:
It's a jam. Jermaine is talented. Mimi's vocals slay. So smooth. Her harmonizing arpeggios with herself in whistle register :o
Of course, love him, but his spoken sh*t ruins the mainstream appeal of half of that album
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby divingmuffin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:09 am

@JT yes jermaine needs to hush
You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!
divingmuffin
Personal Assistant

Postby allygdale » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:27 am

divingmuffin wrote:
justTrifling wrote:
Uh yes the "Purple Rain" part!
https://youtu.be/TvnYmWpD_T8?t=6m13s

Her vocals are so clear and strong on E=MC2, especially the Jermaine songs :o
I AM FREE.
allygdale
Superstar

Postby allygdale » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 am

Undubbed wrote:Wish the stems on 4Real4Real leaked or someone could extract the high notes. there are def some hidden gems in this songs like at around 3:00 minute mark, and during da brats rap there are some high noted hidden in the background. Anyone else notice this? I watch all of the Mariah videos on YouTube and dont think I ever heard of someone talking about 4r4r and the high notes. thought I would share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNnlXBrxQD0
This is the catchiest song on E=MC2 after "Touch My Body"

It could have been a single!

I cannto believe I didn't like it when it came out

It's the best her whisper vocals have sounded on a song not on Butterfly and the adlids at the end, serving tone :o

It's like "The One" but with a better chorus + way better vocals!

Da Brat blend on chorus bgs "baby itsssssss for real for real" <3 Trey's whisper background vocals are hideous, I hate it when it he does whisper backgrounds like on "Secret Love," he ruined the motherfu#kin song :x
Last edited by allygdale on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
I AM FREE.
allygdale
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:47 am

woabritney wrote:It's silly to blame Justin for Jive refusing to release the song. The truth is they could have added Justin, Britney, Whitney, Madonna, MJ, The Beatles, and Elvis to the track and it still wouldn't have made "Yours" a hit.
It's not important if it would have been a hit. Although it would say a lot about Justin if he thinks this way.
Recording the duet, should mean he likes the song and should mean he appreciated getting the chance to work with Mariah.
If you stand by those values, it doesn't matter if it ends up being a hit or not.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby EAI » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:53 am

Last kiss is one of the most generic on Einstein. That’s how you know Messy Quincy is a damn lie.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby carloandrew » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:31 am

Shaka wrote:
carloandrew wrote:I like Morisette but I love kyla more
I agree. Out of all the Filipino female singers, Kyla has the prettiest and more pleasant tone, especially in the upper belts. Also her control is superior.
Your reference is so old! Lol. Let me update you:

Its funnt cause the hosts were asking the gilr what was her first fave MC song and she said TTR. Then the hosts asked Kyla to sing it but Kyla wasn't listening. It was funny cause they were all friends. That's a singing competition where Kyla is a judge.

Oprah Winfrey whole segment, for real.
20/20 Barbara Walters, for real
60 Minutes, for real.
carloandrew
Manager

Postby skywalker » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Omg
She looks a+mazing

“MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager