Postby Shaka » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:41 am

6:37 LMAO

Shaka
Legend

Postby gunman6 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 am

gunman6 wrote:
gunman6 wrote:Vision of love>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Can't let go

Don't dare come for VOL.
VOL is Mariah's most influential song of all time.
CLG never even reached #1.

VOL vs. CLG is like Mariah vs. Ariana
+1
+2
"Be safe, be honest, be careful" - Morgan Carey
gunman6
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:02 am

marcomarao wrote:I think VOL is losing just because people are tired to see it every round but CLG is miles far from VOL.
+1
gunman6
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 am

jochen wrote:VOL is a classic an Evergreen. I like CLG but its nothing compared to such a huuuge huuge megahit
+1
gunman6
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 am

RayRay wrote:I've done the Mariah Fan Top 100 and although Can't Let Go usually ended up in the top 10, it was Vision Of Love that was the #1 fan favorite most years. Never beaten by Can't Let Go.
+1
gunman6
Manager

Postby Shaka » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:38 am

Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 am

Happy 10th Anniversary to Ari's favorite song!

:lol:
Shaka
Legend

Postby musedeva » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:58 pm

I seriously can't get over how this gal actively seems to "channel" MC!!! she sings too.....the vibe/mannerisms are down pat!!

the thing of it is....like who or what would hire impersonators of MC? I jsut cant see alot of people wanting to hire an impersonator...but hey....right here their lovin her!! I'm still warbling her stuff just to try to keep my ear and vocal tract in line....as far as impersonation that 's the holy grail none of us would ever achieve

but what a H*ll of a practice goal that is, eh!!! All Hail the Queen and kisses for Those who Impersonate Her!!hahahah
musedeva
Manager

Postby ferrero » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:05 pm

^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ferrero
Manager

Postby musedeva » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:28 pm

W O R D!!!

Absolue' WORD!!

...the Aural Arts Are Dying...

..think of the pics of the "Aliens"....which some say are us....coming back in time

they HAVE NO EARS!!! Then! they say they "communicate" telepathically instead of verbally

the future will have us all consuming nutrition by pills and straws....killing off the vocal tract and no voice/sound

we have digitized away our future by the power of our Eyes..that supposedly see reality...

.sad

HerSweetLullaby wrote:
himc15 wrote:okay just wanna ask,dd social media killed the Music Industry??
coz they seem dead to so many artists man,i dont know whats going on anymore
something must be done and ASAP, coz,,,no,it doesnt look good at allllllll
I wouldn't say it killed the industry, but it's muddied the talent pool.

People often forget that music is a AURAL experience, not a visual one. Music is about vocals, production and songwriting. It's not about performance, image or choreography. Sure, they enhance the experience, but a good song is good with or without performance. Music doesn't NEED a video.

And while I do love music videos and while I enjoy Social Media, they've both taken focus away from the aural and given it to the visual. And what ends up happening is the music gets lost and people start to think that a flashy music video and a pretty Instagram account is what makes musical talent.
Apart from Adele and Lady Gaga, I really can't think of anyone from the current generation who I can truly call "musically talented".

Taylor Swift DOES write and produce her work but it's mostly rubbish.
Katy Perry writes and produces SOME of her work but is mostly manufactured from what I understand.
Rihanna is probably 98% manufactured.
Beyonce has half an army to do all the writing/production for her and 90% of her career relies heavily on performance.
Madonna...well see above.
Ariana Grande has a brilliant voice, but her writing/production are mostly precooked.
Demi Lovato...see Ariana.
Selena Gomez is a musical paraplegic.

Do note that I love most of the singers above, especially Rihanna and Ariana. I just don't like to confuse fandom with talent.
musedeva
Manager

Postby Hoodriah » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Somebody's doing the wrong note.
Hoodriah
Manager

Postby SpyVsSpy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:06 pm

musedeva wrote:I seriously can't get over how this gal actively seems to "channel" MC!!! she sings too.....the vibe/mannerisms are down pat!!

the thing of it is....like who or what would hire impersonators of MC? I jsut cant see alot of people wanting to hire an impersonator...but hey....right here their lovin her!! I'm still warbling her stuff just to try to keep my ear and vocal tract in line....as far as impersonation that 's the holy grail none of us would ever achieve

but what a H*ll of a practice goal that is, eh!!! All Hail the Queen and kisses for Those who Impersonate Her!!hahahah
Omg i feel so bad for those people - i think some of them were weeping in joy and disbelief
SpyVsSpy
Superstar

Postby banksy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:15 pm

SpyVsSpy wrote:
musedeva wrote:I seriously can't get over how this gal actively seems to "channel" MC!!! she sings too.....the vibe/mannerisms are down pat!!

Omg i feel so bad for those people - i think some of them were weeping in joy and disbelief
One thing I hate about American culture is celebrity worship. I love Mariah to bits, but I wouldn't be losing my ish over simply seeing her. Now, if she walked up to me and offered a job or some money, then I'd freak out.
banksy
Manager

Postby banksy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:17 pm

EAI wrote:Wow, 10 years ago today I remember rushing home from school to listen to the premier of Touch My Body after false snippets of "secret love" were passed as Touch my Body! I was only in the 5th grade and I also remember fake lyrics surfacing weeks before with VERY graphic lyrics and I was afraid that the song was going to be something I was not allowed to listen to. The song was nothing like I expected when I first heard it. Her 18th number one! Wow, time flies.
It introduced me to B.Scott. I think he's since taken the video down, but he made one of himself dancing to it when the song came out.
banksy
Manager

Postby bm08 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Could this be an avenue of getting more Mariah records on vinyl? Could MC show up to one of the tour dates?

So So Def 25 Coming This Summer Through SONY/Legacy/Certified Classics

Essential Compilation--Available Digitally or 12" Vinyl--Celebrates 25 Years of Music from Groundbreaking Atlanta Label

Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, will commemorate the 25th anniversary of Atlanta's hottest hip-hop label with the release of So So Def 25 as a digital album coming this summer through Certified Classics, home of the undisputed classics of hip-hop and R&B from the 80s, 90s and 00s. A 12" vinyl collector's edition of So So Def 25 will also be available.

So So Def 25 includes essential smash hits, iconic remixes, and deep cuts from the label's quarter-century catalog and more.

The celebration of So So Def will continue throughout 2018 with Legacy Recordings set to press 12" vinyl reissues of select catalog titles and release additional digital content.

Plans for an all-star So So Def Tour are currently in the works with full details TBA.
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby bm08 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:19 pm

mariahcarey: Cha Cha is looking for a Valentine!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJQHgxneI0/
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby itsawrap » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Let me create other accounts so i can vote for the almighty vol. :lol:
Me. I am Itsawrap.
itsawrap
Manager

Postby SawyerHewitt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Touch my body was the first Mariah single premiere I ever experienced.
I remember being on B96's main page, just waiting for them to play it.
Felt a little underwhelmed at first because i found it "safe," vocally speaking, but after the 5th spin I was hooked af.
Still think it's one of her catchiest songs ever.

The cheeky lyrics, them harmonies... It's just addictive af!
Happy 10th anniversary!

Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Superstar

Postby itsawrap » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:28 pm

HerSweetLullaby wrote:

Taylor Swift DOES write and produce her work but it's mostly rubbish.
Katy Perry writes and produces SOME of her work but is mostly manufactured from what I understand.
Rihanna is probably 98% manufactured.
Beyonce has half an army to do all the writing/production for her and 90% of her career relies heavily on performance.
Madonna...well see above.
Ariana Grande has a brilliant voice, but her writing/production are mostly precooked.
Demi Lovato...see Ariana.
Selena Gomez is a musical paraplegic.

Do note that I love most of the singers above, especially Rihanna and Ariana. I just don't like to confuse fandom with talent.
Bishhhhhh! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me. I am Itsawrap.
itsawrap
Manager

Postby Loveyoulike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:19 pm

HerSweetLullaby wrote:

People often forget that music is a AURAL experience, not a visual one. Music is about vocals, production and songwriting. It's not about performance, image or choreography. Sure, they enhance the experience, but a good song is good with or without performance. Music doesn't NEED a video.

And while I do love music videos and while I enjoy Social Media, they've both taken focus away from the aural and given it to the visual. And what ends up happening is the music gets lost and people start to think that a flashy music video and a pretty Instagram account is what makes musical talent.
Totally agree. The talent pool is muddied and the music does get lost but its life in general I suppose. Image, aesthetics and the surface layer is all that matters thesedays unfortunately :roll:
YOU'LLNEVERFINDTHEANSWERSIFYOUTHROWYOURLIFEAWAY
Loveyoulike
Groupie

Postby allygdale » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:29 pm

"There you are, HOLDING HER HAND" gives me secondhand heartbreak

The best her whispers ever sounded

Shame on y'all voting for the other hit
#CAUTION
allygdale
Superstar

Postby allygdale » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 pm

bm08 wrote:Image
mariahcarey: Cha Cha is looking for a Valentine!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJQHgxneI0/
God she looks so good!
#CAUTION
allygdale
Superstar

Postby EAI » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Do we have details on this event?
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Gravity » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 pm

allygdale wrote:"There you are, HOLDING HER HAND" gives me secondhand heartbreak

PREACH
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Gravity wrote:
allygdale wrote:"There you are, HOLDING HER HAND" gives me secondhand heartbreak

PREACH
Gotta agree with this :cry: .
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion