Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Christmas Battle Royale: MCIIY (Round 2 - Favorite Song)

Poll runs till Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Oh Santa!
24%
Christmas Time Is in the Air Again
23%
The First Noel /Born Is the King
9%
When Christmas Comes
18%
One Child
26%

Total votes : 91

Postby skywalker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:48 am

So, I know some of you do not care about it, but DJ Suss One was answering questions, so I made this one about Mariah and Busta
Don’t know what he meant with everything Busta does is a moooviiiiee
“MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby onesup » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:20 am

himc15 wrote:e@onesup,im not sure where u are going with 2 post of urs, i dont know, im getting something else from them and i hope im wrong, anyway
#WeLoveEverybody
Im sorry what? I was literally adding to the discussion that was already going on when i logged in. Youre getting something else because youre looking to get something else from them.
onesup
Manager

Postby onesup » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:22 am

skywalker wrote:So, I know some of you do not care about it, but DJ Suss One was answering questions, so I made this one about Mariah and Busta
Thats interesting! I wonder if it means his entire project is a big production he is taking his time with?
onesup
Manager

Postby skywalker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:32 am

onesup wrote:
skywalker wrote:So, I know some of you do not care about it, but DJ Suss One was answering questions, so I made this one about Mariah and Busta
Thats interesting! I wonder if it means his entire project is a big production he is taking his time with?
Yes! I thought the same thing since many others are doing visual albums too, so it’s kind of a trend since Lemonade
I hope Busta and Mariah’s single finally see the light of day
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby naughtynae » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:50 am

I thought busts released a track list already and the Mariah song wasn’t on it?
naughtynae
Legend

Postby skywalker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 am

naughtynae wrote:I thought busts released a track list already and the Mariah song wasn’t on it?
Really? When? Where?
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby skywalker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:51 am

She’s in the studio

-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby bm08 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:59 am

http://a64.tinypic.com/260g29k.jpg
Just means everything he does is big/good.
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby AlmondBreeze » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:27 am

Onesup - thanks for the link about Mariah and Whitney. Wow, I never knew that about them!
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby SoSoBleak » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:42 am

a moment of genius. She came in a little early but she turned it into an improvisation moment.
SoSoBleak
Roadie

Postby AlmondBreeze » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:56 am

SoSoBleak wrote:

a moment of genius. She came in a little early but she turned it into an improvisation moment.
Proof of her unimpreachable melodic writing skills. This is how she can scat and make every verse/chorus different in her songs. For me, she is #1 in creating the unique melodic climatic final chorus (eg Vision of Love, Almost Home, Someday, ATYNAF, Dreamlover and the list goes on and on). No-one else, songwriter or singer, can do it as well or as consistently as her.
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby bm08 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:00 am

The new It's Like That intro coming to every show now. :lol:

I like it though.
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby Shaka » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:10 am

That was the opening night. Loved the improvisation!
Shaka
Legend

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:12 am

SoSoBleak wrote:

Proof she is singing LIVE!! :cry:
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:13 am

skywalker wrote:
naughtynae wrote:I thought busts released a track list already and the Mariah song wasn’t on it?
Really? When? Where?
Nope, he only released two buzz singles or whatever, but they tanked.

The tracklist has not been revealed yet, and the album is scheduled to be released at some point in October this year.
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 am

AlmondBreeze wrote:Onesup - thanks for the link about Mariah and Whitney. Wow, I never knew that about them!
Same!

skywalker wrote:She’s in the studio

https://twitter.com/mariahcarey/status/ ... 0470218752
Looking so youthful!

I hope she's not recording hundred of takes with crazy vocals in the studio atm. Mama needs to take care of her voice 'cause she has a pretty busy agenda until December...
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:30 am

EAI wrote:
himc15 wrote:
allygdale wrote:Oh barnok, I did not like the period where Mariah shaded younger artists,
Mariah never shaded younger artist, she only REPLIES TO WHAT THOSE YOUNGER ARTISTS STARTED, i've never seen any prove that shows Mariah started shading anybody first,NEVER.
Thats y i love her so much

u come for her, she answers back the way she know how, u dont come for her then she dont come for u.
Imma call it how it is. Usually that’s true but she should’ve been more gracious to Ariana. She was a stan. Too bad Ariana has a big head now too.
We know Mimi doesn't like the "next-Mariahs".

Anyway, Ariana has drastically distanced herself from Mariah's name... she went for saying she was the best singer in the World to basically ignoring her as an influence... And I understand her tbh...

Funny, yesterday she twetted this:

I personally really like (and buy) Ari's music.
Shaka
Legend

Postby jochen » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:33 am

Madonna and whitney are the ultimates.
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby Hoodriah » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:45 am

Ariana is fake imo. First she used Mariah('s name) to become popular, then when she got what she wanted, she distanced herself.

If Ariana was really a fan of her, she wouldn't care about other peoples opinion and still talk about / list her. The Lambs had a reason to dislike her, her first Album was nothing but a failed copy of Mariahs 90s - 05 work
Somebody's doing the wrong note.
Hoodriah
Manager

Postby NorthernMonkey » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:08 am

Hoodriah wrote:Ariana is fake imo. First she used Mariah('s name) to become popular, then when she got what she wanted, she distanced herself.

If Ariana was really a fan of her, she wouldn't care about other peoples opinion and still talk about / list her. The Lambs had a reason to dislike her, her first Album was nothing but a failed copy of Mariahs 90s - 05 work
I don’t think this is the case..

She’s probably distanced herself because of comments like “I know I have been “accused” of influencing new artists” at the world music awards..

Imagine idolising someone so much and for them to say things like that.

I was disappointed with Mariah over that comment but maybe she was at a low point.

I’d also distance myself though. I think if Mariah had embraced Ariana and said kind things (or even nothing) about her, she’d be on that list. Not that it really matters though.
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby Shaka » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:54 am

I'm with u Northern.
Shaka
Legend

Postby wolfily » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:55 am

Mariah's probably 6th on that list. Chill out guys.

We should stop talking about Nippy and Ari here. Mariah's pon de studio. Why aren't we talking about that?
Did you like when I put my lips there? Cause I like when you're kissin' me everywhere
Do you mind if we go back in? One mo' gen

Stream Caution on Spotify
wolfily
Manager

Postby AlmondBreeze » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:55 am

Mariah is a very sensitive soul, with lots of insecurities (that is not a bad thing - it just is what it is). Also, she has a very guarded personality and holds on to grudges or perceived slights. Again, that is not a bad thing - it is just a personality trait. Hence when she is constantly poked and prodded by others as to what she thinks of her new "replacements" (especially during her difficult Nick divorce period and label difficulties), her reflex response might not be as gracious or welcoming as it could be. I understand Ariana blanking her for now, but hopefully they can make up in the future should they ever meet.
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby Shaka » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 am

Shaka
Legend

Postby Shadyboot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:05 am

Whatever... who cares about Ariana’s opinion anyway...

Y’all act like Mariah has to like everybody. I’d also feel some type of way if I was constantly compared to an «  artist »who copies my art, style and personality. And had millions of people calling her the new me as if I don’t exist anymore.
Shadyboot
Roadie

Return to General Artists Discussion