Miami Tech
No votes
Caution
20%
I can’t decide (explain in the thread).
No votes

Total votes : 30

Postby NorthernMonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:34 am

It’s sad for those fans to lose out on the live shows..
but from a “glass half full” perspective, I’m glad if the album is out around then, that she and her label can give it their fullest focus and dedication. This was a concern for me with all of those tours coming up.
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby EAI » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:49 am

Scared because cancelling twice isn't a good look and is very Lauryn Hill of her to do. Hope this doesn't affect her touring rep, cause it already isn't the best.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby EAI » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:55 am

Yikes... this is what I was fearing. Maybe this will really pressure her into completing the album this year.
EAI
Superstar

Postby NorthernMonkey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:56 am

EAI wrote:Scared because cancelling twice isn't a good look and is very Lauryn Hill of her to do. Hope this doesn't affect her touring rep, cause it already isn't the best.
I don’t imagine it will urge people to buy tickets.. might be a smaller venue tour :cry:
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby Itwaswritten » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:58 am

EAI wrote:Yikes... this is what I was fearing. Maybe this will really pressure her into completing the album this year.
Don’t take him seriously. He has been problematic lamb for years. He undercover hater.
Itwaswritten
Roadie

Postby Itwaswritten » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:59 am

EAI wrote:Yikes... this is what I was fearing. Maybe this will really pressure her into completing the album this year.
Don’t take him seriously. He has been problematic lamb for years. He undercover hater. He been blocked by Mariah for years.
Last edited by Itwaswritten on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Itwaswritten
Roadie

Postby hmm101 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:00 am

True, some fans are angry about the cancellation. :-?

She should release a snippet of her new single to appease the fans. As a peace offering? :oops:

She can still be in the fans' good graces if she launch a B-side/deep cuts concert. Probablywith fewer dates and smaller venues so it would feel more intimate to the fans. :lol:

I think she should release the album by November. Hype it to the people attending the concert, so that many will buy the album. And can she do an amazing music video with her amazing music? I was honestly amazed with recent videos or artists because the visual is really gorgeous.
Last edited by hmm101 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmm101
Roadie

Postby EAI » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:03 am

NorthernMonkey wrote:
EAI wrote:Scared because cancelling twice isn't a good look and is very Lauryn Hill of her to do. Hope this doesn't affect her touring rep, cause it already isn't the best.
I don’t imagine it will urge people to buy tickets.. might be a smaller venue tour :cry:
And a smaller venue tour would be ideal for her now. It'll be a more intimate show, and it would actually make sense. Why book a venue and fill it half way?
EAI
Superstar

Postby EAI » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:04 am

Maybe she should release the album after xmas and do a proper world tour to promote the album in 2019 right after its release. The timing of these random dates make no sense to me.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Itwaswritten » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:08 am

This was the last f u to Stella but I’m going to be quiet about it.
Itwaswritten
Roadie

Postby Wayne » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:11 am

am1 wrote:Kind of hoping she postpones all of them until next year and gives us a proper focused era. She can tour anytime!
She can release music anytime.

With music sales declining, the bulk of her income will come from live performance - she should be harnessing that and making up for lost years, not cancelling shows for a 2nd time.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Eamon » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:14 am

Album sales are dead and always were in Q1. So if this album is to have any semblance of a chance at gaining some sales, it needs to be out Q4 this year where Mariah is at the peak of her visibility. Otherwise it’s a guaranteed bomb.

So yes, sad for the fans that these shows were cancelled but they should have been scrapped the first time they were moved earlier in the year. I get they probably thought she might be able to fit everything in. But when Mariah starts recording, time goes out the window.

From a general fan perspective, it’s more important that she gets an album out. It’s been too long and she’s been touring constantly since 2014. I agree, any tour for 2019 should be used to support the album though.
Eamon
Legend

Postby delapuerta » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:19 am

Eamon wrote:Album sales are dead and always were in Q1. So if this album is to have any semblance of a chance at gaining some sales, it needs to be out Q4 this year where Mariah is at the peak of her visibility. Otherwise it’s a guaranteed bomb.

So yes, sad for the fans that these shows were cancelled but they should have been scrapped the first time they were moved earlier in the year. I get they probably thought she might be able to fit everything in. But when Mariah starts recording, time goes out the window.

From a general fan perspective, it’s more important that she gets an album out. It’s been too long and she’s been touring constantly since 2014. I agree, any tour for 2019 should be used to support the album though.
But people is wasting money in flights and hotels. That's the point.
delapuerta
Manager

Postby bm08 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 am

Tbh, the cancellation of those four shows only gives her an additional week. In all honesty, that shouldn't affect any sort of album roll out plans since she should be doing album promotion in Australia anyway. Unless, of course, there is some sort of award show or big performance that grounds her in the United States during those dates.

She'll need to make up her touring reputation in the country and I can just sense the unease of the Asiapac fans who may now feel their shows are under threat too.
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby skywalker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:22 am

gunman6 wrote:
skywalker wrote:I’ve just listened to The Mariah Report
They claim to have info from a reliable source
This is what they spilled:
- New song coming September
- the source also confirms that the Album is coming before the end of the year.
- Mariah is allegedly planning to sample one of her own songs. This is interesting. Do you remember those pics of a prduction where she is dressed just like DFAU and TMB videos? Mmmm

Anyway, these are just rumors, we’ll see
@skywalker
Thanks for sharing the infos :cry:
I still believe lead single in either Aug or Sept, new album in Nov
You’re welcome @gunman6 :wink:
I also believe that a new album could be released by Nobember too
We are so close!!
“MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:24 am

A DIVA from the very beginning!

You ain't gotta break down,
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby hmm101 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:25 am

At least the booking fee will also be refunded. She can throw a bonus track to places where she cancelled a concert as well as in Japan for being super loyal.

In other news:

hmm101
Roadie

Postby skywalker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:27 am

hmm101 wrote:She's free until October 14 now. Said it was due to scheduling conflict. And there will be new material!!! So a new single?

Oh my goodness, this is not good at all. What are they doing?
I feel sorry for the people that bought tickets
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby skywalker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:34 am

bm08 wrote:Tbh, the cancellation of those four shows only gives her an additional week. In all honesty, that shouldn't affect any sort of album roll out plans since she should be doing album promotion in Australia anyway. Unless, of course, there is some sort of award show or big performance that grounds her in the United States during those dates.

She'll need to make up her touring reputation in the country and I can just sense the unease of the Asiapac fans who may now feel their shows are under threat too.
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby DNK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:47 am

skywalker wrote:I’ve just listened to The Mariah Report
They claim to have info from a reliable source
This is what they spilled:
- New song coming September
- the source also confirms that the Album is coming before the end of the year.
- Mariah is allegedly planning to sample one of her own songs. This is interesting. Do you remember those pics of a prduction where she is dressed just like DFAU and TMB videos? Mmmm

Anyway, these are just rumors, we’ll see
Let's pray
i can't wait
Mariah Carey best singer of all time
DNK
Roadie

Postby carloandrew » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Were the shows cancelled because these were agreements tied to Stella or something else? They should have cancelled even before they announced the new dates. It makes her management looked very unorganized. Scheduling issues my ass this was a legend they were managing.
Oprah Winfrey whole segment, for real.
20/20 Barbara Walters, for real
60 Minutes, for real.
carloandrew
Manager

Postby RayRay » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Next tour should start in Australia.
RayRay
Legend

Postby TheRealest » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:42 pm

It’s sad for the fans but.... *shrugs*

Cancelling shows is not going to do her any damage.
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby mm2912 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:45 pm

At least they confirmed she’s really new music later this year
mm2912
Personal Assistant

Postby skywalker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Maybe she cancelled to start the new era and then go back to touring with new music. I wonder how they planned the rollout
Will Mariah announce new music coming weeks before? Or will she wait until last moment to do it?
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion