Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Christmas Battle Royale: Merry Christmas (Round 2 - Favorite Song)

Poll runs till Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:21 pm

AIWFCIY
50%
O Holy Night
21%
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
8%
Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)
13%
Joy to the World
8%

Total votes : 52

Postby delapuerta » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:31 pm

bm08 wrote:
AlmondBreeze wrote:As far as I'm concerned, she can cancel all tours til 2025 if it means she releases a new album. Anyone pressed about her cancelled shows can just watch Youtube and her gazillion concerts over the past few years.
Having been cancelled on by her before, I can tell you it is a pain not to mention a monetary loss (processing fees + travel (and for some accommodation)). That's money not returned. Not to mention the local businesses that benefit from the larger economic standpoint.

It is not the right way to treat fans. If I wasn't a hardcore hardcore lamb, I wouldn't have bothered seeing her again (which she was amazing that night I saw her)! There is no reason why a new album and a tour can't happen at the same time. Plan better!

Just nagging here but I hope the law changes in some ways to give fans the ability to sue artists/companies to be reimbursed for expenses related to attending a cancelled concert, particularly given its marked importance to artist finances these days.
This. I love Mariah and want some new music, but how selfish talking like that. Some sympathy please!
delapuerta
Manager

Postby AlmondBreeze » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Meemz's backing vocals were always my favourite part of their song anyway...
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby banksy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:09 pm

bm08 wrote:
AlmondBreeze wrote:As far as I'm concerned, she can cancel all tours til 2025 if it means she releases a new album. Anyone pressed about her cancelled shows can just watch Youtube and her gazillion concerts over the past few years.
Having been cancelled on by her before, I can tell you it is a pain not to mention a monetary loss (processing fees + travel (and for some accommodation)). That's money not returned. Not to mention the local businesses that benefit from the larger economic standpoint.

It is not the right way to treat fans. If I wasn't a hardcore hardcore lamb, I wouldn't have bothered seeing her again (which she was amazing that night I saw her)! There is no reason why a new album and a tour can't happen at the same time. Plan better!

Just nagging here but I hope the law changes in some ways to give fans the ability to sue artists/companies to be reimbursed for expenses related to attending a cancelled concert, particularly given its marked importance to artist finances these days.
You’re being a tad melodramatic, especially considering that you haven’t been affected by the cancellations. Come on, now.

Life isn’t perfect, and it comes with some disappointments. People really need to up their emotional intelligence if they can’t accept that.

Also, it’s a free market. They don’t have to buy tickets to her shows in the future. They don’t have to continue supporting her at all.

Also, if anyone made extra purchases on travel or lodging, they can get refunds, credits, or can even dispute the purchases with their financial institutions based on quality or the refusal to issue a refund.

She’s not Lauryn Hill, cancelling shows left and right, showing up late to the ones that don’t get cancelled, and arguing with fans over her lack of professionalism. It’s not that serious.

Also, it’s very obvious that she’s doing this to keep Jigsaw from making any money from the shows. Give her a break.
banksy
Manager

Postby banksy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:14 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:I get why Allure are so unhappy with Mariah but they also need to face reality - they were never gonna be anything except background singers who had their 15 minutes of fame due to being linked to Mariah. Let's check the facts:

1. None of them were amazing singers or had a unique voices like En Vogue
2. None had unique star power like Beyonce or Diana Ross
3. Charisma score of the group was zilch, as compared to Spice Girls
4. Edginess score was zilch, unlike TLC
5. Songwriting or production skills - nada
6. None were outstanding beauties - pretty yes, but noone had a truly unique look or was drop dead gorgeous
7. Dance or performance skills - nothing out of the ordinary. Can see the same level of talent in any high school

The only thing interesting about them was the Mariah connection. Otherwise, the moment I heard them during the 90s, I knew they were a disposable group that was simply there to cash in on the current craze.

As for Mariah not doing everything for them, yes, it sucks but let's be real - Mariah was getting divorced and fighting for her career against one of the most powerful men in music and fighting to keep her own team (Walter etc). Also, she was only 26-27 years old. She had other things on her mind.
This is pure nonsense.

Very few people outside of the industry knew they were connected to Mariah, despite them crediting her in their interviews, and her being in one of their videos.

It was their cover of All Cried Out w/112 that put them on
the map.
banksy
Manager

Postby AlmondBreeze » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:30 pm

banksy wrote:This is pure nonsense.

Very few people outside of the industry knew they were connected to Mariah, despite them crediting her in their interviews, and her being in one of their videos.

the map.
No - the first time I heard them on the radio was when Rick Dees introduced them as havibg connections with Mariah. That was what made me listen to them. Maybe it was different where you were.
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby bm08 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Everyone is writing a book these days. Justin Timberlake’s book will be out in October. Will Smith is also writing one due next year.
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby abc121209 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:57 pm

carloandrew wrote:
DNK wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BmTTaiOHRl9/?taken-by=mariahcarey
Seems like something is wrong with one side of her face or is it just me
It's cos the video was taken using the front facing camera which mirrors everything.
“It's in my genes. My mother was an opera singer. I'm clearly dramatic.” - Mariah Carey
abc121209
Groupie

Postby banksy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 pm

ABMB started playing as soon as I got into my Lyft. It’s going to be a good ride.
banksy
Manager

Postby EAI » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:07 pm

Apparently Madonna is releasing Q4 this year. It would be wise for Mariah not to release when she does.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby musedeva » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:11 pm

WHO is "Lil Ho"???

the other price sister?

very sad what happened with them...and Yeah....Melonie IS above all of the that and very productive!!

banksy wrote:
hmm101 wrote:Allure was interviewed in a podcast. Starting at 49 minutes something, the mentions were scattered 'til the end of the interview. The members pretty much admitted that they have a grudge against Mariah because they felt that she just threw them after her divorce with Tommy. Mariah was close to them and yet didn't say sh*t when they were on tour and even when they came back from Japan. Said she just told them that if anyone asked about her divorce, to not say anything.

I can't understand some of the story when they met again in 2004 when Mariah ran away from them at a party. But they're mad because Mariah doesn't want to talk about Crave, didn't talk to them about what happened and treating it as if nothing happened. The reason for their grudge is personal because they didn't say anything bad to their other labels, just Mariah. Somebody tried to explain to them what happened, said Mariah's hands were tied, so I think they just expected for her to show that she cared and not just left them like that. Pretty understandable that they were in pain about it because she ghosted them, I just don't like the female host saying that must be karma what happened to Mariah about the divorces, etc. The female host even said that she believed what happened to them because she knows Melonie Daniels and Kelly Price.

They've been b*tching about Mariah for twenty years now. They really need to stop, especially since one of the current members wasn't even a part of Allure at the time that Mariah was involved, so why she is talking mess?

They tried to sue her, saying that she owed them money. When the breakdown happened, they went on the radio and said that she deserved it and everything else that was happening to her. Mariah is not the reason their careers failed. They are, and they refuse to admit it.

And just ignore 'Lil Ho. No one takes her seriously, or Kelly Price for that matter. These women are haters, and the best they can do for their "careers" is appear on ratchet reality shows and make total asses of themselves. Mariah is a legend, and it eats them up that they can't bring her down or have her career.

Melonie is still on good terms with Mariah, and too nice and too Christian to mess with 'Lil Ho, so I highly doubt that she said anything. You also have to keep in mind that this woman will do and say anything for attention (she and her husband recently released a video of them mocking a homeless woman w/mental illness), so you shouldn't worry about ha.
musedeva
Manager

Postby banksy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:13 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:
banksy wrote:This is pure nonsense.

the map.
No - the first time I heard them on the radio was when Rick Dees introduced them as havibg connections with Mariah. That was what made me listen to them. Maybe it was different where you were.
You missed my point. That interview didn’t make them. The duet with 112 did.
banksy
Manager

Postby banksy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:16 pm

EAI wrote:Apparently Madonna is releasing Q4 this year. It would be wise for Mariah not to release when she does.
I agree, although Madonna doesn’t sell that well these days, and her album doesn't have the same anticipation as Mariah’s.

Mariah could take her. :lol:
banksy
Manager

Postby TheRealest » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:56 pm

They don’t have the same fanbase so it shouldn’t matter.
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby Marchum » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:01 am

TheRealest wrote:They don’t have the same fanbase so it shouldn’t matter.
Marchum
Manager

Postby hmm101 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:16 am

musedeva wrote:WHO is "Lil Ho"???

the other price sister?

very sad what happened with them...and Yeah....Melonie IS above all of the that and very productive!!
The female host. The other Price sister, if I'm not mistaken, has released a gospel album and also doesn't say sh*t about Mariah.
-----

She also referred to Mariah as her idol in another tweet.
hmm101
Personal Assistant

Postby naughtynae » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:28 am

Allure do have a right to be mad, but making jokes about jumping Mariah etc isn't cool at all.

Lil' Mo was really rude and disrespectful towards Mariah in the end of that Interview which isn't a surprise.
Last edited by naughtynae on Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
naughtynae
Legend

Postby hmm101 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:31 am

If its due to low ticket sales then, will the Australian fans understand? I think she should not schedule a concert in Australia for a while tho. Maybe she can slip a dm to mad Australian fans? Like she used to?
hmm101
Personal Assistant

Postby banksy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:41 am

hmm101 wrote:
musedeva wrote:WHO is "Lil Ho"???

the other price sister?

The female host. The other Price sister, if I'm not mistaken, has released a gospel album and also doesn't say sh*t about Mariah.
-----

She also referred to Mariah as her idol in another tweet.
Shanrae is the other Price sister, but she says nothing but good things. Why she can’t get Kelly to quit being so evil is a mystery.

Melonie Daniels is the other original backup singer, and the one ‘Lil Ho was lying about.

EDIT: i see that I quoted the wrong person, but whatevs.
banksy
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:47 am

EAI wrote:Apparently Madonna is releasing Q4 this year. It would be wise for Mariah not to release when she does.
Mariah is queen of winter. It would be wise for Madonna not to release anything when AIWFCIY rules the world :wink:
"Be safe, be honest, be careful" - Morgan Carey
gunman6
Manager

Postby banksy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:48 am

naughtynae wrote:Allure do have a right to be mad, but making jokes about jumping Mariah etc isn't cool at all.

Lil' Mo was really rude and disrespectful towards Mariah in the end of that Interview which isn't a surprise.
They need to direct their frustration to the right people, if they’re going to be pissed about something that happened two decades ago.

Crave was taken away from Mariah, and there was little that she could do about it. Other artists got screwed over when it closed, but they have moved on. One of the rappers she’d signed even played her love interest in the Sweetheart video.

They are extremely jealous and bitter because they couldn’t get what they wanted. Maybe if they had focused on what mattered, they wouldn’t be in the exact same position they were when the label closed.
banksy
Manager

Postby marcomarao » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:24 am

All these cancellations are due to lack of planning. This ain’t good for Mariah’s reputation. First South America, now Australia for the 2nd time. That’s a mess. :/
marcomarao
Manager

Postby Marchum » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:26 am

She’s a mess very often tho, nothing new lol
Marchum
Manager

Postby naughtynae » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:30 am

When she get's to Janet's level of cancelling shows we can talk. It's disappointing but it's fine.
naughtynae
Legend

Postby Marchum » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:32 am

naughtynae wrote:When she get's to Janet's level of cancelling shows we can talk. It's disappointing but it's fine.
She had a **** baby.
Marchum
Manager

Postby leomedar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:39 am

maybe she is clearing up her calendar to plan a proper release of new music in US?
leomedar
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion