GTFO
18%
With You
23%
The Distance
59%

Total votes : 152

Postby WaitYourTurn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:12 pm

With You video is #4 on YouTube trending. Is this old news?
Mother Truckers!!
WaitYourTurn
Manager

Postby Eamon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:13 pm

There’s no radio deal or whatever they had agreed with iheart radio in terms of them premiering the song has already happened. Next week is just the adds date. But if any stations want to play it, they can already.
Eamon
Legend

Postby sm3 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:14 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:It’s actually growing on people. It’s working!!!

Then with the radio deal next week.... :cry:
When is the deal, if any, supposed to kick in? Didn't it happen the day after release.

Also wondering why this is not being sent to Rhythmic and Urban.
sm3
Groupie

Postby promiscuousloverboy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:14 pm

WaitYourTurn wrote:With You video is #4 on YouTube trending. Is this old news?
Omg that's amazing!! Not trending on Canadian youtube at all, I wish she got more recognition here
Last edited by promiscuousloverboy on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop singing my part now baby
promiscuousloverboy
Roadie

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:17 pm

The final “middle through” she reminds me of this
:cry: :cry:
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby leoavalon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:28 pm

That's why I only talk shit about Mariah on this forum. Publicly on my social media even Lil Snowman is the ultimate masterpirce! :lol:

SpyVsSpy wrote:
Ratchet1 wrote:
BreathlesslyFervid wrote:
There was a Fox News article saying Mariah was being accused of lipping at the AMAs. Really shoddy journalism too that I keep seeing more and more of. Basically selecting a few tweets and writing a story around them, regardless of their merit.
I'm glad she did. It's what I keep saying those were lambs tweeting that ish. They get so mad that she's ruining her chances to win over the GP. They don't understand that they're supplying the media with these stories. We have so many trolls like ATRL's taustin and retromaury that troll this thread for info than post it on ATRL. A lot of times we were the ones that kicked off her negative viral videos.
You’re right. Only lambs have the energy to do this. Then they get angry when the media makes fun of her.
leoavalon
Manager

Postby leoavalon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bm08 wrote:MC liked a response about Ariana’s IG Story:

leoavalon
Manager

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:37 pm

So with the official audio, the video and the AMA version, she’s almost at 1m
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Mariah has always one for layering and back in the day it was perfectly executed.. in recent songs, I’ve felt it’s not been done as cleverly.. gtfo and WY are perfectly layered. I’m so excited about the musicality in her voice on this album.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:39 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:The final “middle through” she reminds me of this
:cry: :cry:
Can someone get those together? It’s unbelievable
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Video views from my end of the world.

300,312 - WY AMAs
279,823 - WY MV

I swear WY would grow faster without the AMAs video... lol. But since both count towards video streaming, all is good. I wonder whether AMAs performance will continue to be the more viewed / popular video for the GP or if the music video will dominate it once the initial hype wears down.

It is so amazing seeing a live TV performance so popular again. I remember that I don't needed a couple of days to reach 400k (Fallon performance).
stevyy
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:45 pm

So a Music TV show here played With You video today and the host said, "This song takes me back to the time we all used to love her" then goes ahead to ask the DJ who premiered the song "Are you sure this is a new song? Why isn't she aging?" :cry:
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby stevyy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:48 pm

DOSSOME wrote:So a Music TV show here played With You video today and the host said, "This song takes me back to the time we all used to love her" then goes ahead to ask the DJ who premiered the song "Are you sure this is a new song? Why isn't she aging?" :cry:
I swear that if she comes to Europe and does some TV promo people will have the same reaction. She looks straight out of the 1990s, early 2000s. She is ageless and timeless.
stevyy
Legend

Postby WaitYourTurn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:50 pm

stevyy wrote:Video views from my end of the world.

300,312 - WY AMAs
279,823 - WY MV

I swear WY would grow faster without the AMAs video... lol. But since both count towards video streaming, all is good. I wonder whether AMAs performance will continue to be the more viewed / popular video for the GP or if the music video will dominate it once the initial hype wears down.

It is so amazing seeing a live TV performance so popular again. I remember that I don't needed a couple of days to reach 400k (Fallon performance).
I think now that the main video is in trending it should overtake pretty soon :)
Mother Truckers!!
WaitYourTurn
Manager

Postby Colombia71345 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:58 pm

So she has 278K views and 32K likes...maybe she has more views but have not been counted yet?

I mean Fantasy video has 44million views (160 times WY) and it has 188k likes ( just 6 times WY)

Thoughts?
Colombia71345
Personal Assistant

Postby stevyy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Colombia71345 wrote:So she has 278K views and 32K likes...maybe she has more views but have not been counted yet?

I mean Fantasy video has 44million views (160 times WY) and it has 188k likes ( just 6 times WY)

Thoughts?
both videos views froze again, ie too many plays in too little time. Youtube needs time to catch up.
stevyy
Legend

Postby sm3 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:05 pm

Colombia71345 wrote:So she has 278K views and 32K likes...maybe she has more views but have not been counted yet?

Thoughts?
Agree those likes are too high for the number of views.... Maybe some have not been counted.

Remember when it premiered, it was averaging around 1k per minute.. so don't think it has slowed down that much
sm3
Groupie

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Thoughts?
I think it’s probably that old songs are only listened to by people who like them and want to hear it. they’re not going to rate it.

New songs people are listening to hear it for the first time and giving it a like.. hence a larger % of likes
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby claywire » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:09 pm

DOSSOME wrote:So a Music TV show here played With You video today and the host said, "This song takes me back to the time we all used to love her" then goes ahead to ask the DJ who premiered the song "Are you sure this is a new song? Why isn't she aging?" :cry:
That’s awesome!!! She got pretty derailed these past years but glad she’s back on track. I fully believe they pushed through WY to reintroduce the Mariah that we all adored and idolized, no matter what the chart position is. Cause once the GP warms at her again, it will be easy for her to clinch every amount of success she deserves.
"I really hope when you hear this song. That you know it was meant for you."
claywire
Groupie

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:10 pm

I now wish Mariah’s European Tour was centred around the new album :cry: wasted promo.

Hopefully she’ll do some TV shows.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:15 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:I now wish Mariah’s European Tour was centred around the new album :cry: wasted promo.

Hopefully she’ll do some TV shows.
she will sell her album as merch.... unfortunately, these sales won't count towards the chart. So if 3,000 people from the O2 show in London buy that CD, none of those will count as sales. :cry:
stevyy
Legend

Postby bm08 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:17 pm

stevyy wrote:Video views from my end of the world.

300,312 - WY AMAs
279,823 - WY MV

Are we sure about this stevyy?

I remember the drama of the AIWFCIY Carpool Karaoke not counting in the end...
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:18 pm

So ready for the Album title now.

Imagine if it is Mariah Carey - Portrait

This recent ish has been pretty arty! :lol:
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby BreathlesslyFervid » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:34 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:So ready for the Album title now.

Imagine if it is Mariah Carey - Portrait

This recent ish has been pretty arty! :lol:
I'm here for that! I hope she has a really stunning album cover in the same vein as With You video. And not photoshopped to hell, she doesnt need that.
Ambiguous, without a sense of belonging to touch..
BreathlesslyFervid
Roadie

Postby woabritney » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:38 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:Mariah has always one for layering and back in the day it was perfectly executed.. in recent songs, I’ve felt it’s not been done as cleverly.. gtfo and WY are perfectly layered. I’m so excited about the musicality in her voice on this album.
YES the layering and harmonies have been stunning so far -- my favorites being the 2nd verse of GTFO and the chorus of WY. Glorious, unique, only Mariah-type stuff.
woabritney
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion