Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Christmas Battle Royale: Merry Christmas (Round 2 - Favorite Song)

Poll ended at Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:21 pm

AIWFCIY
44%
O Holy Night
23%
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6%
Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)
15%
Joy to the World
11%

Total votes : 97

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Speaking of Lambs, what is Mariah's relationship with Tamar ?
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby BreathlesslyFervid » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:59 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:Speaking of Lambs, what is Mariah's relationship with Tamar ?
I seem to recall Mariah being appreciative, just dont remember the context.
Ambiguous, without a sense of belonging to touch..
BreathlesslyFervid
Roadie

Postby Hoodriah » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:12 pm

The Performance was visually pure art. Like a moving & singing Picasso painting.
Somebody's doing the wrong note.
Hoodriah
Manager

Postby H0neyBF1y » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:13 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:Speaking of Lambs, what is Mariah's relationship with Tamar ?
Tamar did attend (and meet) Mariah's 1st residency in Vegas and MC mentioned she like "Love & War". :wink:

Interesting Mariah has NEVER mentioned Toni Braxton at ALL. :lol:
Last edited by H0neyBF1y on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
twitter.com/H0neyBF1y
H0neyBF1y
Personal Assistant

Postby delapuerta » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:15 pm

Mariah was very sweet with Toni in this gala

https://youtu.be/703SQI8B0YU
delapuerta
Manager

Postby daudshn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:15 pm

I think it's nice of us to imagine if Ariana gives a way for her fans to listen to Mariah by promoting her, but the truth is, Ariana has never been a true Lamb to begin with. You did not refer to Mariah as the queen vocalist at one point and completely erased her from your 'taste' of 'favorite singers' until recently, just because the Lambily attacked you less nowadays. We, Lambily, have always been too forgiving to those who aren't truly nice toward Mariah. We often lowered the bar that Mariah had set for her own standard just to make Mariah 'more relatable' or 'more liked' by the ever-growing population & new generation that blossomed each decade.

I think not all of us realize how high Mariah is in term of artistry and integrity. The fact that Mariah even released songs like GTFO and With You and few other songs before 2018 that all stayed in one genre: R&B, actually put Mariah in the place where not that many people can touch. Mariah, unlike many other stars we're witnessing today, has proved herself to be an authentic and original figure in music and recording history. She never hopped on one trend that's currently popular just because she wanted an easy hit, instead she took her time to make hits by her own (and with the help of the talented people around her too).
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby H0neyBF1y » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:16 pm

delapuerta wrote:Mariah was very sweet with Toni in this gala

https://youtu.be/703SQI8B0YU
This is true! I haven't heard MC mentioned any comments about her though...
twitter.com/H0neyBF1y
H0neyBF1y
Personal Assistant

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:20 pm

My friend and I loved Mariah in the 1990s but she hasn’t paid attention since really... I just told her Mariah had a new song, sent her it and thought she was gonna say “not a fan” but she “loved it!” Described it as “very 90s Mariah but modern too”
She also said “bloody ell, she hasn’t aged a day!”

She also said “I didn’t know she was releasing new stuff anymore”

Mariah needs to promote here! This is why she doesn’t chart. Nobody knows about it.
Last edited by NorthernMonkey on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby Instinct » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:22 pm

daudshn wrote:Ariana has never been a true Lamb to begin with. You did not refer to Mariah as the queen vocalist at one point and completely erased her from your 'taste' of 'favorite singers' until recently, just because the Lambily attacked you less nowadays.
It's not that serious. :roll: While I don't think Mariah was "rude" to her, I think it's completely understable that she was hurt and/or put off by the whole "Mariah shades Ariana" thing. Even if Mariah did not necessarily shade her, I know I'd be hurt if my idol refused to adknowledge me.

I think it was all a big misunderstanding on both parts, though. And I don't think there's any real bad blood between them.
Instinct
Manager

Postby BreathlesslyFervid » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:26 pm

daudshn wrote:I think it's nice of us to imagine if Ariana gives a way for her fans to listen to Mariah by promoting her, but the truth is, Ariana has never been a true Lamb to begin with. You did not refer to Mariah as the queen vocalist at one point and completely erased her from your 'taste' of 'favorite singers' until recently, just because the Lambily attacked you less nowadays. We, Lambily, have always been too forgiving to those who aren't truly nice toward Mariah. We often lowered the bar that Mariah had set for her own standard just to make Mariah 'more relatable' or 'more liked' by the ever-growing population & new generation that blossomed each decade.

I think not all of us realize how high Mariah is in term of artistry and integrity. The fact that Mariah even released songs like GTFO and With You and few other songs before 2018 that all stayed in one genre: R&B, actually put Mariah in the place where not that many people can touch. Mariah, unlike many other stars we're witnessing today, has proved herself to be an authentic and original figure in music and recording history. She never hopped on one trend that's currently popular just because she wanted an easy hit, instead she took her time to make hits by her own (and with the help of the talented people around her too).
I agree, Ariana let her own ego get in front of the truth. And it is sad indeed. I wont support her until she truly repents.
Ambiguous, without a sense of belonging to touch..
BreathlesslyFervid
Roadie

Postby WEBofDESIRE » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:32 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:My friend and I loved Mariah in the 1990s but she hasn’t paid attention since really... I just told her Mariah had a new song, sent her it and thought she was gonna say “not a fan” but she “loved it!” Described it as “very 90s Mariah but modern too”
She also said “bloody ell, she hasn’t aged a day!”

She also said “I didn’t know she was releasing new stuff anymore”

Mariah needs to promote here! This is why she doesn’t chart. Nobody knows about it.
I think this is a situation that plagues most artists that have been around a couple decades or more. There is so much ageism in radio now, and MTV/VH1 have no real pull with the GP at this point. There aren't a lot of effective methods for artists to reach beyond their base (at least directly with the music). Good to see Mariah trending on YT, that can be a way of getting it out there.
WEBofDESIRE
Roadie

Postby allygdale » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 pm

BreathlesslyFervid wrote:
daudshn wrote:I think it's nice of us to imagine if Ariana gives a way for her fans to listen to Mariah by promoting her, but the truth is, Ariana has never been a true Lamb to begin with. You did not refer to Mariah as the queen vocalist at one point and completely erased her from your 'taste' of 'favorite singers' until recently, just because the Lambily attacked you less nowadays. We, Lambily, have always been too forgiving to those who aren't truly nice toward Mariah. We often lowered the bar that Mariah had set for her own standard just to make Mariah 'more relatable' or 'more liked' by the ever-growing population & new generation that blossomed each decade.

I agree, Ariana let her own ego get in front of the truth. And it is sad indeed. I wont support her until she truly repents.
This is insanity. Y’all saw her as a threat and she never was one.

Mariah sacrificed her art early on not by choice too
She was very vocal about it like Ariana is being now about all of the Max Martin singles she doesn’t like

Of course she will never be the legend Mariah is, or possess the same talent and sheer star power, so get over it!

I love seeing women support women, and Ariana never said a mean thing about Mariah in her life
Last edited by allygdale on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#CAUTION
allygdale
Superstar

Postby Bulwieboo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 pm

She's in Japan.

Bulwieboo
Personal Assistant

Postby Dahling » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 pm

I'm a bit late but I have been catching up, had to go through a gazillion new pages (meltdowns included).

I love the video so much, I mean... How beautiful does she look? Love the fact it's black and white, amazing cinematography, different looks (wet hair look is everythiiiing) and super classy. Just exactly what I have been wishing from her.

Her smile after she sings into the hair brush <3
Dahling
Manager

Postby daudshn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 pm

....I think your statement is a bit scary... but go off... I guess? :cry:
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:38 pm

I don't think Mariah has ever been intentionally mean to any artists (let alone person).

She has always reacted to people disrespecting her which has been uncalled for, or for tabloid fodder.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby daudshn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:41 pm

allygdale wrote:

This is insanity.
I feel bad now because I was just explaining my opinion about the whole "oooh Ariana stans Mariah again let them meet" thing that has been here for like, last few pages back. But BreathlesslyFervid's statement is truly concerning for me.

Mariah doesn't need to be celebrated like God. Let us just celebrate her as a human being that actually makes good music and have different sets of standard that is really different with the young stars we have post-2010.
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby Yerac » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:41 pm

She liked a Rita Ora pics now. Yay queen of interaction ... finally!
Yerac
Personal Assistant

Postby daudshn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:44 pm

SummerPeur wrote:I don't think Mariah has ever been intentionally mean to any artists (let alone person).

She has always reacted to people disrespecting her which has been uncalled for, or for tabloid fodder.
Because she's not a mean/rude person naturally. The only time she treated people a bit differently was when motherfucking Stella managed her. I'm happy we don't see that woman again near Mariah.
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:44 pm

Wait. Is Mariah going to Japan to promote the best of? Why isn't she staying in the US and promoting the hell out of With You??!!!
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby daudshn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:46 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:Wait. Is Mariah going to Japan to promote the best of? Why isn't she staying in the US and promoting the hell out of With You??!!!
Because she has a concert.
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby delapuerta » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:47 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:Wait. Is Mariah going to Japan to promote the best of? Why isn't she staying in the US and promoting the hell out of With You??!!!
She's offering a concert the 13th and she's back at the end of the month with the tour. I feel she wants her Japanese fanbase back
delapuerta
Manager

Postby claywire » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:49 pm

To get the Rich Asians Back! Kidding :P But I think it was already booked before the plan of releasing the single and album.
"I really hope when you hear this song. That you know it was meant for you."
claywire
Groupie

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Empress of Japan!
:cry: :cry: :cry:

"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby daudshn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:57 pm

allygdale wrote:

This is insanity. Y’all saw her as a threat and she never was one.

Mariah sacrificed her art early on not by choice too
She was very vocal about it like Ariana is being now about all of the Max Martin singles she doesn’t like

Of course she will never be the legend Mariah is, or possess the same talent and sheer star power, so get over it!

I love seeing women support women, and Ariana never said a mean thing about Mariah in her life
Ariana is not a threat. Who sees her as a threat? Nobody except those who feel inclined to commercial success. I do not.
We never know whether Ariana will be considered as a music legend by the future generation, so I'm not going to say something like you said. Ariana never said any mean words about Mariah? Yup. Because she didn't talk, she often liked people who talked negatively about Mariah prior to 2018. The most famous one was when she liked Demi's 'shady' comments against Mariah in late 2015 (or was it early 2016?).
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Return to General Artists Discussion