Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

Song vs. Song: The Distance vs. Skinny Legends (Round 2)

Poll runs till Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:36 pm

The Distance
31%
Touch My Body
69%

Total votes : 59

Postby andy001 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:02 pm

DNK wrote:
I want two of the Tshirts and the socks
Listen to me and the amazing Lucy! Radioactive
https://www.smule.com/p/980109103_1450043904
andy001
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:12 pm

andy001 wrote:New UK Christmas advert

Love it. :D

Now join by choosing Mariah's best Christmas song by clicking on my signature. :D
RayRay
Legend

Postby lamb014 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:20 pm

LCRiah wrote:
Spoiler:
Okay now this, I’m so excited for!!! Looks like there’s reallt a push to remind everyone of Mariah’s brilliance and unparalleled success as a songwriter. Show the GP who the Queen is Meemz!!!

An in-depth conversation with one of pop music's biggest names.
The next installment of Genius Level is set to honor iconic musician and songwriter Mariah Carey, in conversation with veteran music journalist and Genius' Head of Artist Relations, Rob Markman. The event will take place in Brooklyn on Wednesday, November 14 in front of a live studio audience featuring some of Carey’s biggest fans. The latest Genius Level comes just days before the release of Carey’s 15th studio album, Caution, which is set to drop on Friday, November 16.

“People know Mariah Carey is a voice for the ages, but not as many people realize she’s also one of our greatest songwriters. Her work behind the scenes and on stage set a new bar for solo artists, and her collaborations with everyone from Walter Afanasieff to Jermaine Dupri broke new ground in music,” said Elizabeth Milch, Genius’s Director of Content. “Mariah is responsible for lyrics, melodies, and arrangements that we love to sing… albeit not always in five octaves. She’s the pinnacle of a genius-level artist and we couldn’t be more excited to celebrate her artistic impact.”

Genius Level is our live conversation series with icons of the music business, including influential artists, songwriters, producers, and executives. Each career-spanning interview dissects the icon’s key career milestones and creative decisions. Previous iterations of Genius Level have featured foundational producer DJ Premier, Grammy award-winning songwriter The-Dream, and multi-Platinum artist Nicki Minaj.

Genius will run a social media contest on Monday, November 12 at 12 pm ET, where fans will have the opportunity to win tickets to the event. Stay tuned to Genius for the latest information on Genius Level: Mariah Carey.
OMG this genius stuff looks so gooooood, can't wait :cry:
lamb014
Personal Assistant

Postby allygdale » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 pm

DNK wrote:
Looks like the original plan was “Caution” as the next single all along and the pre-releases were never planned singles, but dem plans might be foiled when the Spotify listeners catch wind of a Gunna track :lol:
#THEMOTHERFCKINGDISTANCE
allygdale
Superstar

Postby WEBofDESIRE » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 pm

jochen wrote:Her most sexiest line:
I was twisted in the web of my desire for you

so hot how she sings this
Agreed. The lyricism on 'The Roof' is unparalleled.
WEBofDESIRE
Roadie

Postby WEBofDESIRE » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:43 pm

DNK wrote:
Interesting that she posted this and tagged Lil Kim in the process. Let's complete that retro smash ladies.
WEBofDESIRE
Roadie

Postby WEBofDESIRE » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Just noticed that I've moved from Groupie to Roadie, how tragic. I feel like I'm no longer going to be used by the band in a fulfilling manner.
WEBofDESIRE
Roadie

Postby EJBitslikethat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:50 pm

allygdale wrote:The new mix of With You from Epic is better

no Mustard

no fux

the lead vocal sounds more clear

you can hear all of the reverbs, not just on the whoaaaaaa part but on all of verses 1 & 2

the high whisper layer on the chorus is quieter and the midrange layer is louder

https://www.allaccess.com/hot-modern-ac/cool-new-music

Divingmuffin, it sounds more like the GTFO mix and less like a Memoirs mix :)
how can we hear this? don't have a login. thanks!
"i can't even know what to say. for the record, i'm truly honored" - https://twitter.com/MariahCarey/status/841413286109290496
EJBitslikethat
Groupie

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:54 pm

MUCH better!

Less is more

no Mustard

no fux

you can hear all of the reverbs, not just on the whoaaaaaa part but on all of verses 1 & 2

the high whisper layer on the chorus is quieter and the midrange layer is louder

"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Round 3 (click on the link below):

The Mariah Carey Christmas Songs | Round 3
RayRay
Legend

Postby MeIAmXino » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:01 pm

i love the new mix of With You .
no Mustard !!!!
MeIAmXino
Personal Assistant

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:06 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:MUCH better!

Less is more

no Mustard

no fux

I can’t play it :cry:
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby EJBitslikethat » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:08 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:MUCH better!

Less is more

no Mustard

no fux

just listened - YES - much more emphatic and clear, more radio friendly.
Also can we just discuss these vocals at the end of WY again - chilling!!!

u can make an account to listen- just go to their "register" page.
"i can't even know what to say. for the record, i'm truly honored" - https://twitter.com/MariahCarey/status/841413286109290496
EJBitslikethat
Groupie

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:09 pm

andy001 wrote:New UK Christmas advert

Impact is unparalleled :cry:

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby HBYGTFO » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:12 pm

EJBitslikethat wrote:

no Mustard

no fux

how can we hear this? don't have a login. thanks!
you should probably create an account.... then login lamb
HBYGTFO
Groupie

Postby heartlocked » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 pm

lamb014 wrote:
LCRiah wrote:
Spoiler:
Okay now this, I’m so excited for!!! Looks like there’s reallt a push to remind everyone of Mariah’s brilliance and unparalleled success as a songwriter. Show the GP who the Queen is Meemz!!!

The next installment of Genius Level is set to honor iconic musician and songwriter Mariah Carey, in conversation with veteran music journalist and Genius' Head of Artist Relations, Rob Markman. The event will take place in Brooklyn on Wednesday, November 14 in front of a live studio audience featuring some of Carey’s biggest fans. The latest Genius Level comes just days before the release of Carey’s 15th studio album, Caution, which is set to drop on Friday, November 16.

“People know Mariah Carey is a voice for the ages, but not as many people realize she’s also one of our greatest songwriters. Her work behind the scenes and on stage set a new bar for solo artists, and her collaborations with everyone from Walter Afanasieff to Jermaine Dupri broke new ground in music,” said Elizabeth Milch, Genius’s Director of Content. “Mariah is responsible for lyrics, melodies, and arrangements that we love to sing… albeit not always in five octaves. She’s the pinnacle of a genius-level artist and we couldn’t be more excited to celebrate her artistic impact.”

Genius Level is our live conversation series with icons of the music business, including influential artists, songwriters, producers, and executives. Each career-spanning interview dissects the icon’s key career milestones and creative decisions. Previous iterations of Genius Level have featured foundational producer DJ Premier, Grammy award-winning songwriter The-Dream, and multi-Platinum artist Nicki Minaj.

Genius will run a social media contest on Monday, November 12 at 12 pm ET, where fans will have the opportunity to win tickets to the event. Stay tuned to Genius for the latest information on Genius Level: Mariah Carey.
Did anybody else get an email with an invitation for this? It says the invitation admits one and it is non-transferable.
Is Mariah going to be there?
M A R I A H
heartlocked
Manager

Postby BreathlesslyFervid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Banksy

Am i the "racist" person you talked about?
Ambiguous, without a sense of belonging to touch..
BreathlesslyFervid
Roadie

Postby CareyLikeMariah » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:29 pm

I loved the socks and the hoodie + vinil :P
CareyLikeMariah
Groupie

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:35 pm

We need high profile promo!

SNL
Fallon
Carpool karaoke of GTFO !

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby tinitaylor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:39 pm

heartlocked wrote:
lamb014 wrote:
LCRiah wrote:
Spoiler:

Did anybody else get an email with an invitation for this? It says the invitation admits one and it is non-transferable.
*GASP* Did you get an email? Was it from Mariah’s newsletter?
tinitaylor
Groupie

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:39 pm

While I like the caution album art cover, (Though I enjoy the Vinyl cover more). Now after watching With You a few times, I would have loved Mariah to have done a cover art like the picture below for the cover. Include more of her body, and have Caution in some cursive writing down the bottom.

Last edited by SummerPeur on Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby CareyLikeMariah » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:39 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:We need high profile promo!

SNL
Fallon
Carpool karaoke of GTFO !
I wish she do a carpool karaoke singing her ars off
CareyLikeMariah
Groupie

Postby lamb014 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:39 pm

heartlocked wrote:
lamb014 wrote:
LCRiah wrote:
Spoiler:

50+ minutes :o
lamb014
Personal Assistant

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:49 pm

lamb014 wrote:
heartlocked wrote:

50+ minutes :o
So it's a series Vlog.

It's great to hear Mariah speak about her songwriting. But only hardcore fans will be interested in this

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby allygdale » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:53 pm

WEBofDESIRE wrote:
DNK wrote:
Interesting that she posted this and tagged Lil Kim in the process. Let's complete that retro smash ladies.
I hope she NOs a Lil Kim remix ain’t gon do shiz for the song :lol:

I knew she would want a Kim version though, she always respects the original artist

If they do a feature on No No, it should be another female singer cuz we know she won’t put Cardi on Kim’s song
#THEMOTHERFCKINGDISTANCE
allygdale
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion