Stay Long Love You
6%
Portrait
7%

Total votes : 244

Postby syfyboy13 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:31 am

WEBofDESIRE wrote:
daudshn wrote:
sputnikjedi wrote:I think Babydoll is Mariah's sexiest song: "zoning out thinking about you and me between the sheets; I wanna get intimate but you're not within my reach....my subconscious seems to weave itself around you" superb lyrics + her vocals on that track is perfection
Wow this is actually such an unpopular opinion, and I'm agreeing. I think Fourth of July, Breakdown, and Babydoll are the one, two, and three punch of the album (I'm not sure if I used the term right). Babydoll is so underrated among many Lambs, often neglected because a lot of Lambs pay attention more to The Roof or Honey, which is... kind of a smh moment to me. Babydoll and Lullaby from Charmbracelet are for sure Mariah's sexiest songs.
Blasphemy!

Babydoll is my one general skip on Butterfly, but glad you are enjoying it. Honey is literally a sex song, so I'm not surprised when people think sexual and the butterfly album they drift that way. 'The Roof' and 'Fourth of July' set the scene and capture the emotion much better than Babydoll.
Babydoll is perfect just the way she is - love me some Babydoll.
syfyboy13
Groupie

Postby daudshn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:33 am

WEBofDESIRE wrote:Babydoll is my one general skip on Butterfly, but glad you are enjoying it. Honey is literally a sex song, so I'm not surprised when people think sexual and the butterfly album they drift that way. 'The Roof' and 'Fourth of July' set the scene and capture the emotion much better than Babydoll.
The gif I-
Perhaps because The Roof is... somber? The lyrics are tantalizing, but the sound of it is gloomier than songs like Looking In to me.
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby Ashank » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:34 am

WEBofDESIRE wrote:
daudshn wrote:
sputnikjedi wrote:I think Babydoll is Mariah's sexiest song: "zoning out thinking about you and me between the sheets; I wanna get intimate but you're not within my reach....my subconscious seems to weave itself around you" superb lyrics + her vocals on that track is perfection
Wow this is actually such an unpopular opinion, and I'm agreeing. I think Fourth of July, Breakdown, and Babydoll are the one, two, and three punch of the album (I'm not sure if I used the term right). Babydoll is so underrated among many Lambs, often neglected because a lot of Lambs pay attention more to The Roof or Honey, which is... kind of a smh moment to me. Babydoll and Lullaby from Charmbracelet are for sure Mariah's sexiest songs.
Blasphemy!

https://media.giphy.com/media/oUVZQaOyjWJ6U/giphy.gif

Babydoll is my one general skip on Butterfly, but glad you are enjoying it. Honey is literally a sex song, so I'm not surprised when people think sexual and the butterfly album they drift that way. 'The Roof' and 'Fourth of July' set the scene and capture the emotion much better than Babydoll.
Gif images are not allowed here, just a reminder
Baby too much is never enough. More and more 'til we both overflow...
Ashank
Personal Assistant

Postby OrangeClouds5 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:35 am

I love Babydoll, but I think I love the acapella even more than the original. You can hear every vocal layer, harmony and ad lib so clearly. Just like oozing sexiness in your ears. :lol:
OrangeClouds5
Roadie

Postby daudshn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:36 am

Btw is there no one else here who want the previous proved-to-be-wrong rumor about Mariah x Britney collaboration to become true someday? I could envision the sound already. :o
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby WEBofDESIRE » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:36 am

lamb014 wrote:(babe direct gifs are not allowed, only links) ... :wink:
Did not know this. Perhaps if someone had read the rules (me), this wouldn't have happened.
WEBofDESIRE
Roadie

Postby daudshn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:40 am

OrangeClouds5 wrote:I love Babydoll, but I think I love the acapella even more than the original. You can hear every vocal layer, harmony and ad lib so clearly. Just like oozing sexiness in your ears. :lol:
Is there any real orange clouds in reality or is it merely metaphor? I'm reminded by your username to that line of Close My Eyes out of the blue. Anyway, that is why Babydoll is so good to me. Because even if we got the version with all the proper hip hop production, take that all away and Babydoll is literally a masterpiece that only surpassed by Fourth of July and Breakdown. We have to take away songs like My All, Close My Eyes, Butterfly, and Outside from here because they're not in the same category as those three sensual songs. Babydoll channeled an adorable picture of a sexually frustrated MC, which is very rare at the time and that picture still transcends till now to me.
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby Ashank » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:42 am

I like Joy Ride. Isn't it about sex, riding your mans disco sthick?
Baby too much is never enough. More and more 'til we both overflow...
Ashank
Personal Assistant

Postby lamb014 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:45 am

WEBofDESIRE wrote:
lamb014 wrote:(babe direct gifs are not allowed, only links) ... :wink:
Did not know this. Perhaps if someone had read the rules (me), this wouldn't have happened.
I guess many of us did that at first, I most certainly :P
lamb014
Personal Assistant

Postby daudshn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:45 am

Ashank wrote:I like Joy Ride. Isn't it about sex, riding your mans disco sthick?
I think so, but I'm not sure. Can someone clarify?
The euphoria that can be felt throughout the song is... heavenly. For some reasons she tend to make those sexy songs in a angelic, happy, joyful manner post-Charmbracelet. Not to mention her first experimentation on Honey's lyrics.
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby GetBack » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:46 am

daudshn wrote:
OrangeClouds5 wrote:I love Babydoll, but I think I love the acapella even more than the original. You can hear every vocal layer, harmony and ad lib so clearly. Just like oozing sexiness in your ears. :lol:
Is there any real orange clouds in reality or is it merely metaphor?
GetBack
Legend

Postby daudshn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:51 am

^This artwork... it's so mesmerizing but her face OH WHY
Anyway, orange clouds actually looked orange because of the sunlight behind or in front of the clouds (I just searched about it). Also, I think Chanteuse album cover is gorgeous, together with her The Art of Letting Go single cover. A concept tbh. She was really ready to takeover the whole world. Then #Beautiful remix video accident happened. :(
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby mm2912 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 am

was this already posted?
mm2912
Personal Assistant

Postby Marchum » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:56 am

I can’t believe we’re SO close to a new album!!! It still feels unreal.
I wonder if we’ll get any live performance next week.
Marchum
Manager

Postby daudshn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:59 am

mm2912 wrote:was this already posted?
Not here. But it's already all over Twitter.
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby lamb014 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:01 am

mm2912 the news yes the tweet no :D
lamb014
Personal Assistant

Postby taustin13 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:10 am

It's been posted. I am excited. I love her with Kelly.
I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!
taustin13
Manager

Postby Colombia71345 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:10 am

Marchum wrote:I can’t believe we’re SO close to a new album!!! It still feels unreal.
I wonder if we’ll get any live performance next week.
There is one booked next Wednesday from 14:30 to 16:30, but I don't know if we will get some footage the same week thou
Colombia71345
Personal Assistant

Postby mm2912 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:12 am

sadly she's scheduled to interview only. girl, you need to SING to promote your album!
mm2912
Personal Assistant

Postby daudshn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:21 am

I think this is trivial, but out of all major female recording artists releases, Mariah's new album Caution is the only album with a title that refers to both noun and verb. While albums like Reputation, Expectations, Liberation, etc. put themselves as an object of desire for all others to admire, Caution is a breathing and living art as much as Mariah herself is a person. The title shows that whatever concept MC went to make on this album, it will be like listening to a person. Again, this is very trivial, but I just love the whole idea. Although I'm sure my explanation is not good enough and some people (who may notice this post) will get confused on what am I saying. :o :-?
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby OrangeClouds5 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:41 am

daudshn wrote:
Is there any real orange clouds in reality or is it merely metaphor? I'm reminded by your username to that line of Close My Eyes out of the blue. Anyway, that is why Babydoll is so good to me. Because even if we got the version with all the proper hip hop production, take that all away and Babydoll is literally a masterpiece that only surpassed by Fourth of July and Breakdown. We have to take away songs like My All, Close My Eyes, Butterfly, and Outside from here because they're not in the same category as those three sensual songs. Babydoll channeled an adorable picture of a sexually frustrated MC, which is very rare at the time and that picture still transcends till now to me.
I'm sure there's a metaphor in there (lol), but there are also orange clouds irl. Makes me think of sunset. And Close My Eyes is one of my favorite Mariah songs ever. I love the imagery, with the orange clouds line for example, and just the whole introspective aspect of the song. #Deepriah
OrangeClouds5
Roadie

Postby biscuits » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:51 am

biscuits
The Diva

Postby jr588 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:54 am

Marchum wrote:I can’t believe we’re SO close to a new album!!! It still feels unreal.
I know! Can’t believe we are only a week away! Ahhhhh

Feels like forever ago when we were listening to MIAM on iTunes first listen and waiting for Money to show up!

Can’t wait to get more info for Runway and I hope I’m able to find the CD in stores on release day. I love examining the booklet and reading the album credits and thank you’s.

I hope the album doesn’t leak.
jr588
Roadie

Postby woabritney » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 am

Some of her sexiest songs are TGIFY (MIL Remix), I Still Believe (Pure Imagination Remix), The Impossible, and The Roof.
woabritney
Manager

Postby sputnikjedi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:30 am

daudshn wrote:
sputnikjedi wrote:glad to agree on something with you lol ;)
:)
Btw I apologize for having such a heated discussion with you sometime ago. I'm toning myself down to a, what I hope, radiant calmness for I just don't want to be thought as somewhat a pretend-to-be Lamb, fake, troll, nor do I want to have false accusations made against me.
No offense taken. I apologize too.
That cigarette, put it out, put it out
sputnikjedi
Groupie

Return to General Artists Discussion