Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Have you read the MariahMix announcement < click for link?

Yes, I've read it.
78%
No, but will read it soon.
22%

Total votes : 85

Postby RayRay » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:03 am

WaitYourTurn wrote:The Roof may not have had an official release but the cd single was definitely available in music stores just before My All was released.
I own a copy, which I bought from Our Price!
It was officially released in the Netherlands. Even charted, low though.
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:10 am

MCPH wrote:
biscuits wrote:There hasn’t been a poll for days. As soon as I added one, you immediately jumped on it to make it your own. I explained that I added the poll because it’s a question I’ve always been interested in but now I don’t even know what the results were because without explanation, you edited it. You could have at least made a note on what the results were. But you have this incessant need to make the poll belong to you, even though everybody was fine with the previous poll and it was generating a lot of fun and healthy discussion.
Breakdown vs The Roof was way more interesting indeed.

Banksy doesn't have a clue about polls (sorry Banksy). But who comes up with Underneath The Stars vs Slipping Away vs The Roof vs Breakdown? Seriously? Do we need to explain that UTS and SA are entirely unrelated from TR and B? And UTS unrelated to SA in many ways?
The funny thing is, I was praising banksy for the first time for coming up with a great poll for once, pitting The Roof and Breakdown against each other. And now she ruins it. I should have known it was too good to be true.
RayRay
Legend

Postby EAI » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:41 am

TheRealest wrote:Yeah, I wish her team would capitalize on her hip hop & urban AC fanbase more as well. She could seriously do well but they (and lambs) are always so concerned about her pop audience and that’s one of her biggest downfalls from the E=MC2 era to now. :roll: She needs to be marketed as a full blown urban artist.
YOU’RE BACK!!! We need a caution review from you now!
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby EAI » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:42 am

Also, Rihanna was listening to A No No on her insta story 2 hrs ago.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby musedeva » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:47 am

Banksy! you don't have to "choose" ...anything...just BE

I appreciate your flavah and valuable contributions...always....

Condolences to you and yours for your loss...take care
musedeva
Manager

Postby Marchum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:50 am

Marchum
Manager

Postby musedeva » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:51 am

Has anyone watched the George Michael Documentary on Showtime???

he had just finished it a few days before his death....given that Rye said on her first initial recording contract that she wanted his "sound" for her first releases i.e. that she adored his album, it was fascinating to watch the backlash he suffered for being "blue eyed" white "soul"

and GOD BLESS Stevie Wonder for calling out the color mongering!

GetBack wrote:It's not her fans that hold her back from being a hardcore urban/R&B artist. Mariah was always in the middle, for almost 30 years now. I've said this in the Caution thread but Beyoncé and Rihanna have already went out of the box (and somewhat abandoned the mainstream pop sound) with their latest albums and they are not even in their twentieth year at the time they released those albums (Lemonade and ANTI, respectively). Apart from "Giving Me Life", Caution is still in between the lines of plastic mainstream R&B/pop just like E=MC², Memoirs and Chanteuse (which isn't wrong by the way).

I can never forget how she corrected that one interviewer when she released Merry Christmas II You in 2010. Mariah said "I wouldn't go that far" when that interviewer said that her Christmas music had an R&B feel to it. It was clear that Mariah identifies herself as a cross-breed of pop and R&B and releasing something Stargate-sounding like "With You" as the actual main single in 2018 proves that she will remain that way.
musedeva
Manager

Postby jochen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:01 am

Colombia71345 wrote:

This is what we need for the A No NO video. Mariah doesnt have to dance, she just needs to walk fiercely, this could even get her back some asian fans :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Love the idea

Lol at this weird dancing
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby mariahcareygreece » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:07 am

Could you all stop with the bullying up in here?
Caution ;)
mariahcareygreece
Groupie

Postby Marchum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:09 am

XanderIsMe05 wrote:I kinda dig this more uptempo mix of "With You".

Oh dang this is kuite kayute.
Marchum
Manager

Postby daudshn » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:54 am

GetBack wrote:It's not her fans that hold her back from being a hardcore urban/R&B artist. Mariah was always in the middle, for almost 30 years now. I've said this in the Caution thread but Beyoncé and Rihanna have already went out of the box (and somewhat abandoned the mainstream pop sound) with their latest albums and they are not even in their twentieth year at the time they released those albums (Lemonade and ANTI, respectively). Apart from "Giving Me Life", Caution is still in between the lines of plastic mainstream R&B/pop just like E=MC², Memoirs and Chanteuse (which isn't wrong by the way).

I can never forget how she corrected that one interviewer when she released Merry Christmas II You in 2010. Mariah said "I wouldn't go that far" when that interviewer said that her Christmas music had an R&B feel to it. It was clear that Mariah identifies herself as a cross-breed of pop and R&B and releasing something Stargate-sounding like "With You" as the actual main single in 2018 proves that she will remain that way.
The only time she truly challenged herself musically was when she made Butterfly and The Emancipation of Mimi. On Butterfly, the music was pretty experimental and leaning toward hip-hop and modern soul a.k.a urban sound then. On Mimi, she almost went to complete soul music if not for cuts like It's Like That, Shake It Off, Get Your Number, One and Only, and To the Floor which are more contemporary pop/R&B than anything else within the album. She's one of the least experimenting mainstream artist but, on the other hand, her sound has defined an entire generation of popular music. She's such a trailblazer.
Hi
daudshn
Roadie

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:12 am

Colombia71345 wrote:

This is what we need for the A No NO video. Mariah doesnt have to dance, she just needs to walk fiercely, this could even get her back some asian fans :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
that's really cool
someone send it to Mariah
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 am

EAI wrote:Also, Rihanna was listening to A No No on her insta story 2 hrs ago.

we love riri

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 am

:cry: :cry: :cry:

when will your faves ?

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby biscuits » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:18 am

Most divas (not mine) already have 200M views on a video
biscuits
The Diva

Postby beredy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:23 am

biscuits wrote:Most divas (not mine) already have 200M views on a video
What a self shade :lol:
beredy
Manager

Postby eloyc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am

mariahmatherspacker wrote:
eloyc wrote:
am1 wrote:When I first heard Giving Me Life I thought she was saying ‘feeling myself like an aubergine’. And now I can’t I unhear it. :D
Lol!!! :lol: :lol:

In The Distance, I hear 'they'll never find a way, tomatoes fade away'.

Caution with vegetables, I guess.
Nothing beats ‘I fart like a whale’ in I Stay in Love tho
OMG! :o

ByStarlight wrote:
eloyc wrote:
am1 wrote:When I first heard Giving Me Life I thought she was saying ‘feeling myself like an aubergine’. And now I can’t I unhear it. :D

Same and that’s how I sing along to it!
It's so comforting to know that I'm not alone! :lol:

stever4577 wrote:
mariahmatherspacker wrote:
eloyc wrote:

Nothing beats ‘I fart like a whale’ in I Stay in Love tho
Haha yes. Although in Everytime I Close My Eyes it REALLY sounds like Babyface says “I p*ss myself” rather than pinch. I wish they’d have changed that lyric!
:lol:

ANH wrote:oh great! now I won’t be able to unhear thos :o :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the club! 8-)
They'll never find a way, tomatoes fade away
eloyc
Groupie

Postby Mckenry » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:16 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:
EAI wrote:Also, Rihanna was listening to A No No on her insta story 2 hrs ago.

we love riri
I'd love a Mimi x Riri collab for A No No Remix better than Cardi and Kim tho.
Mckenry
Manager

Postby emancipationofmeme » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:04 am

Mckenry wrote:I'd love a Mimi x Riri collab for A No No Remix better than Cardi and Kim tho.
And then a hero comes along :D

GetBack wrote: It was clear that Mariah identifies herself as a cross-breed of pop and R&B and releasing something Stargate-sounding like "With You" as the actual main single in 2018 proves that she will remain that way.
I agree that she’s a hybrid but since her pop stardom has faded (happens to everyone), I think it would be better to market her focusing on her R&B cred. She gets all of these great collabs with rappers like Gunna but then it seems like there’s no extra boost from their listeners. :-? I’m glad that WY has found a radio niche and a couple of songs got on the “Are and Be” Spotify playlist though. Idc about charts or numbers, I just hope this era she’s gaining new fans/regaining lost ones.
emancipationofmeme
Roadie

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:49 am

Underneath the stars <3
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Superstar

Postby DNK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Mariah Carey best singer of all time
DNK
Personal Assistant

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:23 pm

W/a nice push and the single choice it could make it to 200k ww, hopefully.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Superstar

Postby DNK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:26 pm

DNK
Personal Assistant

Postby DNK » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:30 pm

DNK
Personal Assistant

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:58 pm

SawyerHewitt wrote:W/a nice push and the single choice it could make it to 200k ww, hopefully.
It doesn't need a push to hit 200k tho... :lol:
DOSSOME
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion