Poll runs till Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:56 pm

We Belong Together
45%
Always Be My Baby
55%

Total votes : 84

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:22 pm

I don't care if Mariahs wins the Oscar.

I just want her to be nominated so she can SANG on that Oscar stage again.
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby MsWeiss » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:24 pm

^^ LOVE that article!!! Go Mariah!
MsWeiss
Manager

Postby allygdale » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 pm

She will win the Golden Globe, they are notorious for awarding people who will get them publicity and attend :lol:

Oscars, I don’t know if she will be nominated but I am crossing me fingers

Shaka, wasn’t “Hero” a little bit wet? I think they just did the “delay” but no reverb, that is how the rehearsal sounds too, I don’t get it but maybe they were trying to avoid any feedback if her ear monitors were to fail
★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ HYPNOTIZE, LIKE BIGGIE
allygdale
Superstar

Postby iNewYorker » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:44 pm

Mary J. Blige inspired Mariah Carey though. No need to shade Mary. Mariah's favorite album is Mary J. Blige's "What's the 411?"

iNewYorker
Personal Assistant

Postby allygdale » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:59 pm

OMG I had no idea Marc scored Bigger Longer Uncut, Blame Canada is a legend :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA

I have less faith in Oscar voters, they are fickle snobs like Grammy voters, they probably look at Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes before they vote. Mark Harris has covered their shadiness today on Twitter

I just can't wait for her tweet with a pic from the studio :D
Last edited by allygdale on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ HYPNOTIZE, LIKE BIGGIE
allygdale
Superstar

Postby iNewYorker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:03 am

And let's be CLEAR. Mariah CAREY did NOT start to sing over hip-hop beats and working with rappers until she hired Mary's "what's the 411?" producers for "Butterfly." Why? Because she wanted to be as respected as Mary.
iNewYorker
Personal Assistant

Postby EAI » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:08 am

We’re not doing this again
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby feeklv » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:10 am

I pop back in and all this good shit is happening since Stella left (she didn't come back did she?). Just sayin.
feeklv
Manager

Postby stevyy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:15 am

iNewYorker wrote:And let's be CLEAR. Mariah CAREY did NOT start to sing over hip-hop beats and working with rappers until she hired Mary's "what's the 411?" producers for "Butterfly." Why? Because she wanted to be as respected as Mary.
Mariah invented Christmas and Hip Hop... stop with the fake news.
stevyy
Legend

Postby chilled » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:17 am

When are the Oscar nominations announced?
Underneath The Stars
chilled
Manager

Postby MsWeiss » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:32 am

allygdale wrote:OMG I had no idea Marc scored Bigger Longer Uncut, Blame Canada is a legend :lol:

I have less faith in Oscar voters, they are fickle snobs like Grammy voters, they probably look at Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes before they vote. Mark Harris has covered their shadiness today on Twitter

LMAOOOOO omg he just got even cooler in my book.
Did he compose Uncle F**ker too? :lol:
MsWeiss
Manager

Postby ferrero » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:45 am

Shaka wrote:Image
Wow all albums got an increase over the last month :D

Soon MIAM will cross 100m and Mimi will have 100m albums across 3 decades.
ferrero
Manager

Postby WaitYourTurn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:02 am

How did we skip past VOGUE, featuring Mariah in the Top 10 looks of the week... what is actually going on?!?!

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/best-celebrity-beauty-hair-makeup-kim-kardashian-west-bella-hadid-mariah-carey#9
Mother Truckers!!
WaitYourTurn
Manager

Postby heartlocked » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:11 am

Shaka wrote::lol:

LMAO :lol: :lol:
With ratings like these, she sure will be invited again in 2018. Maybe do the Rockefeller tree lighting again.
M A R I A H
heartlocked
Manager

Postby MCtheMC » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:20 am

mm2912 wrote:
MCtheMC wrote:Today is the last day for HFPA voters to turn in their ballots. While it's obviously not a guarantee, Mariah and Marc could feasibly win. Actually, there's a case that can be made for all of the nominees. None of the songs are big hits that would sway the voters to vote on that merit. What a great way it would be for Mariah to start off the year winning the globe for songwriting! :D
if lady gaga can win a best actress anyone can win
You've got that right! :lol:
MCtheMC
Groupie

Postby EAI » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:44 am

She’s so f*cking annoying
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby MCtheMC » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:45 am

allygdale wrote:OMG I had no idea Marc scored Bigger Longer Uncut, Blame Canada is a legend :lol:

Agreed, completely allygdale. The Oscar voters and Grammy voters are on equal playing field as far as the snob thing is concerned. Hopefully the Academy voters will prove us wrong.

WOW I guess i'm out of touch with the winners in that category. I didn't know Madonna won a few years ago! :o Also, it might not mean anything in the end. But very interesting Kelly Clarkson is presenting. I hate getting my hopes up for things like this. But I will be ecstatic if she wins. This is exactly the type of thing she needs to further her success and positivity.

I too can't wait for the first pic from the studio!

bm08, that is a very interesting article from Goldderby. Awards & predictions are their specialty, and at least she & Marc are being considered as top contenders.
MCtheMC
Groupie

Postby bm08 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:00 am

‘The Star’ director Timothy Reckart spoke to Deadline about how Mariah/Marc's song came about:
http://deadline.com/2018/01/the-star-ti ... 202230037/

D: How did Mariah Carey’s original song for the film, “The Star,” come together?

TR: We knew that we wanted the movie to be in large part musically driven. It’s not a musical, but we wanted to include Christmas music in the movie, and ideally to help tell the story. From the very beginning in our screenings, we were using temp music—slotting, “Well, here’s where we want to use ‘What Child Is This’, and here’s where we want to use ‘Children Go Where I Send You.’”

We found out Mariah was interested and it was like, which area is going to be the most fruitful for an original title song? The place where her song fits, originally there was some other pre-existing Christmas carol, but what we were able to do with the temp music was set a toe for the kind of epic scope of that part of the thing. I think that was a good jumping-off point for Mariah and Marc Shaiman to write their song. It helped evoke the mood we wanted for that part of the movie, but obviously it was a completely originally melody, and the great thing about what they put together is that it’s continually responding to what’s in the picture, lyrically speaking.
bm08
Superstar

Postby CDC » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:41 am

MCtheMC wrote:

Agreed, completely allygdale. The Oscar voters and Grammy voters are on equal playing field as far as the snob thing is concerned. Hopefully the Academy voters will prove us wrong.

WOW I guess i'm out of touch with the winners in that category. I didn't know Madonna won a few years ago! :o Also, it might not mean anything in the end. But very interesting Kelly Clarkson is presenting. I hate getting my hopes up for things like this. But I will be ecstatic if she wins. This is exactly the type of thing she needs to further her success and positivity.

bm08, that is a very interesting article from Goldderby. Awards & predictions are their specialty, and at least she & Marc are being considered as top contenders.
Awards predictions are my specialty, everyone! And I LOVE theorizing outcomes and am thrilled Mariah has a chance to be a player this year. I have a few connections in the entertainment reporting business, albeit all the way up here in Canada, but I have heard stories about how politicking plays out during awards season, nonetheless.
A huge chunk of the reason why Madonna won Best Original Song a few years ago for a tepid song in an inconsequential movie was a conflation of two things: (1) The HFPA's (Golden Globe voters) starry eyed attraction to huge names in entertainment, who are typically the more generous campaigners with under the table giveaways (ie. the hot as hell Aaron Taylor-Johnson winning best supporting actor last year after HFPA members received items from the film's director Tom Ford's perfume line; and then missing out entirely at an Oscar nomination) (2) the omnipresent influence of Harvey Weinstein (who is out of the picture this year and also forever), whose company Miramax distributed her film. This, and also Lady GaGa winning BEST ACTRESS is the closest precedent to a potential win for Mariah. Clearly they love the larger than life pop divas.
Sony Pictures Entertainment (which also distributes Colombia Pictures films) has ZERO contenders this year. And I mean none. So they either hand in the towel, ignore Mariah's Star momentum and return to their superhero franchises, or they can give The Star the push that it needs with projecting the right narrative to score an Oscar nomination. And the secret weapon is really Marc Shaiman. If they put out that all he needs is an Oscar to complete the EGOT, I think their chances would skyrocket. It worked in Meryl Streep's favour when she won for that mundane Margaret Thatcher film, after people (including her director and Weinstein) made the appeal that it has been 30+ years since she last won an Oscar. Best Original Song is a less polarizing category.
The only issue is the voting system in place. Even with Marc Shaiman's myriad of personal connections in the Oscar voting block (including very famously, Whoopi, who is a board member), the nominations are determined only by the branch in which the nomination is eligible. So basically the music people will be voting for the nominations whereas the Academy as a whole will be voting for the winners. And the individual branches are where the snobs are. But then again, stranger things outside of 'Oscar-nominated mega pop diva Mariah Carey' have certainly happened - like It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp being performed and winning in 2006 with Dame Judi Dench sitting in the audience.
CDC
Groupie

Postby TheRealest » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:09 am

Girl stfu and exit
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby atletico » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:32 am

CDC wrote:
MCtheMC wrote:

Awards predictions are my specialty, everyone! And I LOVE theorizing outcomes and am thrilled Mariah has a chance to be a player this year. I have a few connections in the entertainment reporting business, albeit all the way up here in Canada, but I have heard stories about how politicking plays out during awards season, nonetheless.
A huge chunk of the reason why Madonna won Best Original Song a few years ago for a tepid song in an inconsequential movie was a conflation of two things: (1) The HFPA's (Golden Globe voters) starry eyed attraction to huge names in entertainment, who are typically the more generous campaigners with under the table giveaways (ie. the hot as hell Aaron Taylor-Johnson winning best supporting actor last year after HFPA members received items from the film's director Tom Ford's perfume line; and then missing out entirely at an Oscar nomination) (2) the omnipresent influence of Harvey Weinstein (who is out of the picture this year and also forever), whose company Miramax distributed her film. This, and also Lady GaGa winning BEST ACTRESS is the closest precedent to a potential win for Mariah. Clearly they love the larger than life pop divas.
Sony Pictures Entertainment (which also distributes Colombia Pictures films) has ZERO contenders this year. And I mean none. So they either hand in the towel, ignore Mariah's Star momentum and return to their superhero franchises, or they can give The Star the push that it needs with projecting the right narrative to score an Oscar nomination. And the secret weapon is really Marc Shaiman. If they put out that all he needs is an Oscar to complete the EGOT, I think their chances would skyrocket. It worked in Meryl Streep's favour when she won for that mundane Margaret Thatcher film, after people (including her director and Weinstein) made the appeal that it has been 30+ years since she last won an Oscar. Best Original Song is a less polarizing category.
The only issue is the voting system in place. Even with Marc Shaiman's myriad of personal connections in the Oscar voting block (including very famously, Whoopi, who is a board member), the nominations are determined only by the branch in which the nomination is eligible. So basically the music people will be voting for the nominations whereas the Academy as a whole will be voting for the winners. And the individual branches are where the snobs are. But then again, stranger things outside of 'Oscar-nominated mega pop diva Mariah Carey' have certainly happened - like It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp being performed and winning in 2006 with Dame Judi Dench sitting in the audience.
So you are basically saying that these awards mean nothing and are all staged or down to politics ?
Hell maybe Mariah threw someone a brown envelope just to get nominated ;-)
atletico
Groupie

Postby atletico » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:36 am

Did you think the Grammy voters were fickle snobs when they awarded Mariah Best new artist ? Didnt she get three awards for TEOM also ?
atletico
Groupie

Postby atletico » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:45 am

Shaka wrote:
Hoodriah wrote:I swear the Audience audio always sounds better than the TV one
Definitely.
Her voice sounded so isolated-ish on TV. Don't know why she chose to sing with that dry mic. There was zero reverb!
Dick Clarks Rockin Eve airs on TV in Argentina ? Thats amazing !!
atletico
Groupie

Postby justTrifling » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:03 am

Are we up to 5 accounts from the same person now? Wow Mariah must be so relevant for that to be worth it xx
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby Lamhe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:30 am

So what's next for Mariah? Tour?
Lamhe
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion