Daydream
23%
Charmbracelet
8%
MIAMTEC
8%

Total votes : 119

Postby mariahcareyfan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:17 am

Well infinity instrumentally is rly good, come on u can't deny that the way L.A reid arranged it wasn't great, it was epic...
The problem tho was in mariah's lyrics...instead of making it about her legacy, she made it about corny nick :roll:
Like how can u choose such a subject to close it with your 18th top ones album?? It's just wrong...
Also the verses is plain ew...it reminds me of shake it off ...rly ugly and it's just that trolling :lol: ...and that fast style singing-talking rly killed the song...
finally... if she only sang the infinityyyyyyyy part in full powerful voice would have sounded much much better :wink:
mariahcareyfan
Roadie

Postby mariahcareyfan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:35 am

https://youtu.be/Rt-YBnqN3r8
Imagine it with a better style of singing and lyrics...it could fit the the theme of a legacy...but oh well...another wasted idea...
mariahcareyfan
Roadie

Postby chanteuse » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:41 am

I love this fan made version of Infinity :D , there are some really lovely parts to the song " close the door loose the key leave my heart on the mat for me " is such a great lyric and the violins are great.
chanteuse
Roadie

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:42 am

himc15 wrote:
HerSweetLullaby wrote:
Kaloki wrote:Infinity is one of the worst songs ever recorded. Beyond crap.

Lyrics are cringeworthy, production is amateurish and vocals are embarrassing
It's not bad but it's so beneath Mariah. It's all very childish.
Mariah is 12yo,what the F do u mean childish?? :o
It's a double negative.. the eternally twelve thing really grates on me too. How can you say it's childish tho, when the argument is that she's eternally 12. Lol

Well actually, no she's not. She's 48 in March. 8-)
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby MeGreat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:51 am

Kaloki wrote:I love Stevvy really, despite his questionable music taste
Sometimes he's just sarcastic (-;
MeGreat
Roadie

Postby MeGreat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:59 am

Shaka wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Omg she looked so good. Everything was on point!
The only thing I really do not like about Stella is that she has a big impact on her styling.
MeGreat
Roadie

Postby MCPH » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:26 pm

mariahcareyfan wrote:Well infinity instrumentally is rly good, come on u can't deny that the way L.A reid arranged it wasn't great, it was epic...
The problem tho was in mariah's lyrics...instead of making it about her legacy, she made it about corny nick :roll:
Like how can u choose such a subject to close it with your 18th top ones album?? It's just wrong...
Also the verses is plain ew...it reminds me of shake it off ...rly ugly and it's just that trolling :lol: ...and that fast style singing-talking rly killed the song...
finally... if she only sang the infinityyyyyyyy part in full powerful voice would have sounded much much better :wink:
Except that it isn't about Nick, they both confirmed that btw. I've always taken the main message from Infinity as a direct response to the backlash she received after that Rockefeller performance, with the lyrics slightly changed up to make it more general/relatable.

She's always said she would never retire and make music forever "I was yours eternally", until all the hate "why you mad?" started to come in (even from fans) after that messed up performance. Around that time she decided to quit "Could it be that you just lost the best you've ever had?" / "Show is over, you ain't gotta act". I don't think Mariah blamed herself for that performance, I think she was shocked at how hateful "Ain’t no compliments, etc" people could be to an artist with such a track record "name hold weight like kilo's", such a catalogue, and 1000s of amazing performances.

That's when her career became something completely different and more true fans focused, it resulted in a complete change of team, including Stella who we all love, and everything else that we're seeing today. Obviously there's a new album coming (is it really?) so ultimately it was just a long break but Infinity has a deeper meaning, and is therefore a suitable addition to 18 number ones, exception being that it flopped.

It's a good song really if you leave out the 2 or 3 relationship references and use my conspiracy theory instead :lol:
MCPH
Personal Assistant

Postby Michiel » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:39 pm

That thing shouldn't even be labelled as a 'song'. The chorus and ending are awful. If the verses are the best thing left... Well, next.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby banksy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:55 pm

I've had this on repeat lately:

For all the the uncertainty about LTW being recorded the Butterfly era (I don't think it was), it's obvious that this was an outtake from Butterfly that she saved for the right moment.
banksy
Manager

Postby justTrifling » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:04 pm

banksy wrote:I've had this on repeat lately:

For all the the uncertainty about LTW being recorded the Butterfly era (I don't think it was), it's obvious that this was an outtake from Butterfly that she saved for the right moment.
Adore this song but what?? It sounds just like Never Too Far vocals. Especially the glitter production and the way the vocals are recorded is very distinct to me, at points it almost sounds like she's a touch too close to the mic on many of the songs and I've only ever heard that on Glitter
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
justTrifling
Manager

Postby EAI » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:12 pm

It was actually a rainbow reject. We love that song.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby itsawrap » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:12 pm

biscuits wrote:
bm08 wrote:With some exception to Teairra Mari, these folks are friggin clueless. :roll: :roll:

But to each their own. Lord help us...
Why clueless? They said good things about her
Every black person 20-45 stans for breakdown.
Me. I am Itsawrap.
itsawrap
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:26 pm

EAI wrote:It was actually a rainbow reject. We love that song.
We also love that she leaked it herself, for free, for the fans <3 2017Riah would never.
I'm so glad bartending school is paying off! #cheers to the haters there's so much more coming !!
eternally12
Superstar

Postby LambChild » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:27 pm

I've been loving There For Me lately as well I've listened to it like every day for a month :lol: No one responded to my post last week about how she gives a Michael Jackson vocal in the first chorus
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby bm08 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Flashback to the BMI Icon Honor

A signature moment in her career
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby EAI » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:47 pm

eternally12 wrote:
We also love that she leaked it herself, for free, for the fans <3 2017Riah would never.
She would never leak Panic the City.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Ratchet1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:57 pm

eternally12 wrote:
Any music she makes now is at a financial loss to herself. So, it's crazy you think she should be giving anything for free on top of that. Think for a minute she had to pay the label back for I Don't and Infinity. I'm sure they didn't recoup on either project
Ratchet1
Manager

Postby bm08 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Ratchet1 wrote:
eternally12 wrote:
Any music she makes now is at a financial loss to herself. So, it's crazy you think she should be giving anything for free on top of that. Think for a minute she had to pay the label back for I Don't and Infinity. I'm sure they didn't recoup on either project
Who said that?

She put out Why You Mad for free.
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby Ratchet1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:21 pm

bm08 wrote:
Ratchet1 wrote:
eternally12 wrote:
Who said that?

She put out Why You Mad for free.
Because, it's true only a select few are making money off their music. And, the majority of lambs whined about how much they didn't like Why You Mad. So, what would be the motivation to do that again
Ratchet1
Manager

Postby banksy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Thanks for the correction. She really does sound like gold . I think she should have left it in place of Did I Do That? I know she's sophistiratchet and I love her for it, but that song is just...meh.
banksy
Manager

Postby banksy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:33 pm

eternally12 wrote:
She leaked There For Me? I remember it being a 9/11 charity single.
banksy
Manager

Postby EAI » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:35 pm

banksy wrote:
Thanks for the correction. She really does sound like gold . I think she should have left it in place of Did I Do That? I know she's sophistiratchet and I love her for it, but that song is just...meh.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have grown to really appreciate Did I do that. It might be ratchet but it's different for her and she didn't make a song like that again until Heat. :lol: Fans seem to really hate both, but shout out to her for being different. :lol:
EAI
Superstar

Postby LambChild » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Heat is my shit but I don't really play DIDT very often. I think How Much is the biggest waste of space on the Rainbow album tbh.
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby Crybaby » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:49 pm

When I think about how this song was a REJECT, it just kills me to even begin to fathom all the a+mazing other rejects we never got to hear and probably never will... :cry:
I'm not vain, I'm insecure.
Crybaby
Groupie

Postby WaitYourTurn » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:50 pm

banksy wrote:
eternally12 wrote:
She leaked There For Me? I remember it being a 9/11 charity single.
No, it was leaked on to her website
Mother Truckers!!
WaitYourTurn
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion