Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Christmas Battle Royale: Merry Christmas (Round 2 - Favorite Song)

Poll runs till Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:21 pm

AIWFCIY
45%
O Holy Night
24%
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
7%
Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)
15%
Joy to the World
10%

Total votes : 89

Postby taustin13 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:24 pm

If Mariah decides to promote this new album overseas, it will do well WW. She gave up on MIAM too quickly. That album was delayed at least 2 times in 2013 along with her injury into 2014. By the time the album was released, #beautiful already received platinum certification and radio was no longer playing the song in mainstream. It was still on radio but it was few and far between. That era like the E=MC2 era were badly mishandled by her label. MOIA and MC2Y went gold and did well WW because she was promoting the albums like crazy. She was pregnant with twins and gave more effort than 2014. 2014 was just a mess from label, Mariah, and management. I look forward to see how Sony Music, Mariah Carey, and Roc Nation handles this new era back at Sony. This is her 1st studio album she is working on back at Sony Music and they treat their artists well. Especially their older established acts.
Last edited by taustin13 on Fri May 25, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!
taustin13
Manager

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri May 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Did Incredible by Celine x Ne-Yo get into the top 20 as well and did it go platinum?
'Cause you got the same formula there but different results.

Anyway, #Beautiful was quality and really was a smash.
Platinum in the USA, Silver in the UK,
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Superstar

Postby hotMCfan » Fri May 25, 2018 7:40 pm

There are rumors that Nicki and Eminem are dating. :lol:
hotMCfan
Superstar

Postby Shadyboot » Fri May 25, 2018 7:51 pm

And Wayne is supposed to be a moderator... He causes trouble and then he will threaten to close this thread, just wait... :lol:
:lol:

Anyways. I love the video of her reacting to covers. She looks so beautiful, Mariah should always wear bright colors they suit her so well.
Last edited by Shadyboot on Fri May 25, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadyboot
Roadie

Postby stevyy » Fri May 25, 2018 7:52 pm

SawyerHewitt wrote:Anyway, #Beautiful was quality and really was a smash.
Platinum in the USA, Silver in the UK,
2xP - USA
1xP - Australia
1xG - New Zealand
1xG - Denmark*
1xG - Venezuela
1xS - United Kingdom
certified units: 2,282,500**

**excludes Denmark as the single was certified on streaming alone.

Chartsmasters has the song at 2,000,000 traditional digital downloads sold worldwide (1,3m coming from the USA).

With that being said, #B received certifications in 4 continents: North America, Europe, South America and Oceania.
stevyy
Legend

Postby chilled » Fri May 25, 2018 7:54 pm

Two things: The Ping Pong video was so cute!! And the reaction to covers of her songs as well!
Actually , #Beautiful deserved higher peak, but still, it was very very successful and if we really think about it, she's had #B peak at #15 on 2014 and AIWFC peak at #11, then #16, finally peaking at #9 on 2017. Let's be positive, things are looking better that we think.
The reason I said what i said before about MIAM is because, knowing that she came back from an injury and was gowing through a divorce( anyone who has experienced that, knows how devastating it is), I understand her thinking" I'm going to take my time with this". Was it the best of all strategies , specially since her last successful single was old already(#B) ? No, it wasn't! But still deliver a quality album(as always in my eyes) and in the past she's gave us plenty of exciting Eras. Now, she seems to be back to being herself and seems to be Re-focusing on what's important for her(music). Don't we all need some time to re-focus? Why Mariah should be any different?
But I agree with the fact that , If she wants this album to do well commercially, then she needs to play all her cards right.
Last edited by chilled on Fri May 25, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Underneath The Stars
chilled
Manager

Postby Wayne » Fri May 25, 2018 7:55 pm

Shadyboot wrote:And Wayne is supposed to be a moderator...
Administrator*

And it doesn’t stop me having a view thank you very much - I haven’t said anything terrible. I’ve put my view in, others have responded.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Eamon » Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 pm

Wayne wrote:
bm08 wrote:Of course not. I’ve already called it a failure.

But it also says a lot that she is still able to match her peers in the streaming era despite failing in album sales. They’ll too have to do better singles wise and in streaming.
Amazing what having a hot young R&B star on your record can do!
A hot young R&B who was never played on pop radio until #Beautiful. As others said, his highest peaking single. So let’s not pretend that Miguel gave Mariah a hit. Creatively he certainly played his part. But the commercial success of the song was largely down to Mariah, her label and using Mariah’s prominence on TV at that time to launch the song.

MIAM failed for a whole load of reasons but it’s not like she was hustling promoting it for months after it came out either. So yes it was a massive flop but if anyone had any idea of what was going on in Mariah’s professional and personal life at that time, the album flopping was the only eventuality.
Eamon
Legend

Postby Eamon » Fri May 25, 2018 7:59 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:MIAM came out a year after #B.. people probably didn’t associate that album with the single. Missed the boat there.. MIAM could have sold so much much.
Her body was exactly that size in reality. The issue was the choice of effects they used. And they most definitely should have used a head shot for the standard edition.
Eamon
Legend

Postby stevyy » Fri May 25, 2018 8:03 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:
Wayne wrote:
bm08 wrote:Of course not. I’ve already called it a failure.

But it also says a lot that she is still able to match her peers in the streaming era despite failing in album sales. They’ll too have to do better singles wise and in streaming.
Amazing what having a hot young R&B star on your record can do!
A current hot R&B star, a great song and a legend, I believe are the 3 reasons. Didn’t this song give Miguel his highest peaking single? I rest my case.
Indeed, #Beautiful is still Miguel's biggest hit in North America and best selling single outside of the United States.

In terms of records sold the MIAM era was quite something: chartsmasters

2014 - 2,850,000 - Me. I am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse
2013 - 2,100,000 - Loved Me Back to Life

In terms of revenue Loved made 50 times as much money due to 90% of its total being albums sales.

But The whole era wasn't that huge of a trainwreck than many say it was. It was seriously bad and dull and the lambs were actually robbed of a real era bc the album only stayed on the charts for 1 week in most places and no single had any life in it after the album release... but it is what it is.
stevyy
Legend

Postby NorthernMonkey » Fri May 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Eamon wrote:
NorthernMonkey wrote:MIAM came out a year after #B.. people probably didn’t associate that album with the single. Missed the boat there.. MIAM could have sold so much much.
Her body was exactly that size in reality. The issue was the choice of effects they used. And they most definitely should have used a head shot for the standard edition.
She was in great shape in 2013 but she was definitely thinner in the cover of MIAM.. but yeah the effects used made her look like CGI. I really hope for a head shot for he next album. I’ve missed that.
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Fri May 25, 2018 8:09 pm

I'm hoping for real artistic artwork on the cover... i don't need HER being on the cover... it would certainly fool people.

and then the booklet is a folded poster of her in dessous. <3 #MimiComesThru/Always
stevyy
Legend

Postby NorthernMonkey » Fri May 25, 2018 8:28 pm

stevyy wrote:I'm hoping for real artistic artwork on the cover... i don't need HER being on the cover... it would certainly fool people.

and then the booklet is a folded poster of her in dessous. <3 #MimiComesThru/Always
Haha! Yeah I’d like arty but still with her on it.. a side profile maybe, or eyes closed, or half her face... I dunno but just something nice and classy.
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Fri May 25, 2018 8:30 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:
stevyy wrote:I'm hoping for real artistic artwork on the cover... i don't need HER being on the cover... it would certainly fool people.

Haha! Yeah I’d like arty but still with her on it.. a side profile maybe, or eyes closed, or half her face... I dunno but just something nice and classy.
Miss Weiss from Precious would be perfect for MC15... Mariah needs to get back those overworked football moms. So I wouldn't mind her mugshot on the cover AFTER Lee Daniels had his previous make-up team do her over. :lol: 8-)
stevyy
Legend

Postby taustin13 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:35 pm

Eamon wrote:
We are not talking about the body or the cover art. We are talking about the song being released 1 year before the album. You love talking about her body though. Lol :lol:
I still agree with this entire post. The artwork was a mess.
I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!
taustin13
Manager

Postby chilled » Fri May 25, 2018 8:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYM2cjUJyLE

Confirmed by Nicki. Apparently
Underneath The Stars
chilled
Manager

Postby stevyy » Fri May 25, 2018 9:05 pm

chilled wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYM2cjUJyLE

Confirmed by Nicki. Apparently
there's only 1 thing they have in common and that is being rejected by Mariah, Miss Carey if you're Nasty.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Eamon » Fri May 25, 2018 9:12 pm

taustin13 wrote:
Eamon wrote:
We are not talking about the body or the cover art. We are talking about the song being released 1 year before the album. You love talking about her body though. Lol :lol:
I still agree with this entire post. The artwork was a mess.
I quoted the wrong post when I replied!! :lol: o
Eamon
Legend

Postby Gravity » Fri May 25, 2018 9:17 pm

#Beautiful was literally the only thing they did right during the whole era.
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby Shaka » Fri May 25, 2018 9:38 pm

Gravity wrote:#Beautiful was literally the only thing they did right during the whole era.
And yet they failed with the promo, messy performances and they released the remixes quite late when the song was already dropping from Hot100.
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri May 25, 2018 9:51 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:
Eamon wrote:Her body was exactly that size in reality. The issue was the choice of effects they used. And they most definitely should have used a head shot for the standard edition.
She was in great shape in 2013 but she was definitely thinner in the cover of MIAM.. but yeah the effects used made her look like CGI. I really hope for a head shot for he next album. I’ve missed that.
Her body at some point from '13 (April, June) was exactly like in the cover of MIAM (someone made a comparison with this pic but I can't find it atm)

They messed up the other single cover-arts with the damn photoshopped head, LMAO.
Shaka
Legend

Postby Kaloki » Fri May 25, 2018 9:51 pm

Bar in London just played AIWFCIY :lol: Everybody literally went crazy hahahahahaha
Kaloki
Manager

Postby Shaka » Fri May 25, 2018 9:52 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:

E=MC² cover art was sexy yet very classy.
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri May 25, 2018 9:56 pm

Shadyboot wrote:I love the video of her reacting to covers. She looks so beautiful, Mariah should always wear bright colors they suit her so well.
I love Mariah in yellow, orange and turquoise <3
Shaka
Legend

Postby NorthernMonkey » Fri May 25, 2018 9:59 pm

I won’t be convinced that the cover for MIAM is exactly how she would have looked in that body suit. She would have looked amazing but that was most definitely edited around the edges far too much.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion