Mariah Carey

Moderators: tdc2000, Benjamin, stevyy

What is Mariah's best original Christmas song?

All I Want For Christmas Is You | Merry Christmas
31%
Miss You Most (At Christmas Time) | Merry Christmas
13%
Jesus Born On This Day | Merry Christmas
4%
Oh Santa! |Merry Christmas II You
8%
When Christmas Comes | Merry Christmas II You
8%
Christmas Time Is In The Air Again | Merry Christmas II You
15%
One Child | Merry Christmas II You
9%
Christmas In New York | 2015 Beacon Theater
3%
The Star | "The Star" Soundtrack
2%
Lil Snowman |"All I Want For Christmas Is You" Soundtrack
2%
Where Are You Christmas | "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" Soundtrack
5%

Total votes : 233

Postby carloandrew » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:03 am

1. Management would not know that because they rely on a 12 year old on Social Media. I am very frustrated because Social Media has been influencing almost everything under the sun. People rely on Social Media for their daily lives - yet they rely on someone based on AGE - I mean can she do a deep analysis on FB or Instagram engagement and see what is hot and not?

2. The logic about Trump is right - also we may see a lot of haters out there but subconsciously the more people talk about her the more people will get interested. Good or bad news do not matter. That's the reason why trump won - because the media ALWAYS SHOW HIM - doesn't matter how he was shown.

3. Mariah should capitalize on her old inspirational songs - sing it on an auditorium with high school students or something very low key yet very nostalgic. The other day I saw Jojo performing her old song and that video went super viral.
Last edited by carloandrew on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oprah Winfrey whole segment, for real.
20/20 Barbara Walters, for real
60 Minutes, for real.
carloandrew
Manager

Postby Dandelion » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:05 am

Crackiswack wrote:I don't even have to read the usernames of some users, I already know who it is by their posts!
It's called having a personality, a brand. It becomes very obvious when someone generic tries to copy someone original. :lol:
Follow Moi På Twitter: Me. I Am...goatBuster©
Dandelion
Manager

Postby SpyVsSpy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:07 am

Sometimes I think she forgets that people started looking up to her because she was seen as someone who:

1. Is super talented
2. Has this one of a kind singing ability
3. Is humble and lacks pretensions
4. Overcame life's challenges to become successful

Consider the above and see what the gp get now in their faces which is champagne, yachts, darrlings, lounge interviews in bodysuits, being lifted around and so on. We're seldom reminded of how important music is to her anymore. She needs to step back and think how important all this is to her now.
SpyVsSpy
Superstar

Postby bonkroni » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:At the end of the day, its up to Mariah to turn her career around.

No manager, publicist, hardcore lamb is going to change her life.

If mariah wants to be back on top and respected, she needs to focus, stop partying, stop drinking and take her music seriously again.

The public perception is that mariah has lost her voice and can no longer sing like she used to. And mariah is partly to blame for that.
Half-asssed, lipsynched performances are not doing her any favors
I HATEU MIMI
bonkroni
Manager

Postby Dandelion » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:22 am

LambChild wrote:Here you go Dandelion:

Dandelion wrote:Nick Cannon is a male chauvinist pig.
Dandelion wrote:See, even all the shit Eminem spewed over the years pales in comparison to the level of misogyny that Nick Cannon heaps over Mariah DAILY by himself AND by proxy. The man is scum of the earth. I put a curse on whomever brought him knowingly to Mariah's door. I can't believe any girl would look at him twice with his abominable track record with women even AFTER Mariah! Like really, you didn't know he was a dick²?
Really? The one person to publicly come to Mariah's defense after Eminem said such volatile things about her is worse than Eminem?

Dandelion wrote:Are you kidding me? If anything, Nick is following Tommy's lead to a T! They're both narcissistic assholes who get off on making her life miserable.
Dandelion wrote:Nick Cannon is a liar and a fraud. He has been from day one. That's why his personality rubs people the wrong way, they can sense his insincerity but mistake it for OTT corniness.
Dandelion wrote:If Nick Cannon is such a great catch then why don't YOU marry him? I'm sure you'd get along REALLY well. Just get him to sign the final divorce papers on the divorce he set in motion (by cheating, being an absentee father/husband and famehungry, attention whoring, disrespectful blabbermouth) and ultimately filed for in December 2014. Then you can ride off into the sunset with the dream that is Nick Cannon and live happily ever after. :D
Why say things like "absentee father"? It's #SadYetPredictable that you would say this, especially since Mariah has only ever said good things about the co-parenting.

Dandelion wrote: Nick is on that JLo train playing dumb thinking we haven't already figured him out. He's not wrong tho, nobody cares about him outside of his connection to Mariah. James Packer really has him frail and shook 4real 4real!
This one is my favorite! #AsMariahsWorldTurned it was evident James was a fraud! You jumped on the Tanaka bandwagon the second news broke about the James/Mimi split. Packer had no one shook.

I'd really love to see you say all these things to Mariah's face since it's so concerning to you what others here say about Stella. In time you will see the light, I have faith in you. Just like you quickly jumped ship from Packer to Tanaka, the second Mariah dumps Stella you'll commend her bravery in taking down the Russian Dictatorship that was once Mariah Carey's management.

Besos!
This is some of my best work! But your highlighting game really doesn't do it justice. It should be read as I intended, as whole statements and in their full context. Why didn't you provide links to the original pages? You disappoint in that regard but I understand that not everybody is thorough...

And thank you for showing how consistently right I've been about Tommy and Nick. Besos! :wink:
Last edited by Dandelion on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dandelion
Manager

Postby Bulwieboo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:23 am

Bulwieboo
Roadie

Postby Dandelion » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:27 am

EAI wrote:
stevyy wrote:yawn, move this discussion along guys. no time for this stella ish.

I hereby disallow the name stella to be written for the next 24 HRS.

If you can't handle it, log off, or await a tempo ban.

xoxo
You should ban goat too.
:lol: The irony is delicious...
Dandelion
Manager

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:39 am

I will always apprecaite how well Mariah does treat her fans, and how she refers to them.

I was looking back at her make up release with Mac and the sleepover party she held, and so many youtuber snap chats, where just amazing with her. (I know they had these people there to help promote, and wether they are fans or not, who knows), but just the way she interacted with everyone, you could actually SEE how appreciative she was to these people to be there, and to be showing her stuff to their followers.

But even at events its always 100% evident. I hope this is something she never loses, cause its honestly it really what makes me fan alongside her legacy music wise.
Love, is love, is love. - Kylie M.
SummerPeur
Superstar

Postby MIMIxAyu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:02 am

Wow so I'm watching this video with Kpop artists, and what they do when they're music stops when they're singing live, and one of the top comments is about Mariah. https://youtu.be/orxFRHkoqFs
:roll: :roll: :roll: Like, why don't some of these people learn the type of predicament Mariah was in, and how different her situation was from other artists who experience technical difficulties. :roll:
We all know goodbyes will always lead to new hellos
MIMIxAyu
Manager

Postby feeklv » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:48 am

bonkroni wrote:
SmartIsNewSexy wrote:At the end of the day, its up to Mariah to turn her career around.

If mariah wants to be back on top and respected, she needs to focus, stop partying, stop drinking and take her music seriously again.

The public perception is that mariah has lost her voice and can no longer sing like she used to. And mariah is partly to blame for that.
feeklv
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:08 am

feeklv wrote:
bonkroni wrote:

W O R D!!!!!
Whatever. I'm getting cheese fries.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby EAI » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:18 am

#SadYetPredictable that these goats all gang up together and try to point fingers at Mariah. This was sabotage. The foilers couldn't stand to see Mariah give a great 100% live performance. Too bad she's gonna walk out winning this and owning DCP/ ABC. Mariah's still at the height of her career, so I have no clue what any of you are on about.. It's hard to take any of y'all seriously after you guys open praise the abusive sabotager Tommy Controlla. Y'all basically want Mariah dead, he nearly killed her ( not just her career ). Thank God she made it out alive to continue to keep these goats pressed.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby MusicAddict1995 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:34 am

EAI wrote:#SadYetPredictable that these goats all gang up together and try to point fingers at Mariah. This was sabotage. The foilers couldn't stand to see Mariah give a great 100% live performance. Too bad she's gonna walk out winning this and owning DCP/ ABC. Mariah's still at the height of her career, so I have no clue what any of you are on about.. It's hard to take any of y'all seriously after you guys open praise the abusive sabotager Tommy Controlla. Y'all basically want Mariah dead, he nearly killed her ( not just her career ). Thank God she made it out alive to continue to keep these goats pressed.
Lemme just take a moment to stan for the accuracy in this post :cry:

#EmpowerYourClique
Mariah|Brandy|Celine|Janet|Michael|Boyz II Men|Phil Collins
#EmpowerYourClique #Shaka #eternally12 #EAI #turbulent
MusicAddict1995
Personal Assistant

Postby feeklv » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:35 am

^^for a minute there I thought you were being serious. Lol
feeklv
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:36 am

EAI :lol: :)
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby turbulent » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:38 am

EAI wrote:#SadYetPredictable that these goats all gang up together and try to point fingers at Mariah. This was sabotage. The foilers couldn't stand to see Mariah give a great 100% live performance. Too bad she's gonna walk out winning this and owning DCP/ ABC. Mariah's still at the height of her career, so I have no clue what any of you are on about.. It's hard to take any of y'all seriously after you guys open praise the abusive sabotager Tommy Controlla. Y'all basically want Mariah dead, he nearly killed her ( not just her career ). Thank God she made it out alive to continue to keep these goats pressed.
This is so true :cry:
"You and me in a cloud of REVERIE..."
turbulent
Manager

Postby LambChild » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:43 am

I can't read the word foilers and not laugh...
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby sidewalktalk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:06 am

MCPH wrote:
sidewalktalk wrote:This show is a trainwreck, it reminds me of the Whitney docu series....I cannot believe her management allowed her to do this...its trashy tv
Thank you for your feedback.

Always nice hearing from Madonna stans.
Anytime. I just watched the new ep the storyline with the dancer is just so beneath an artist of her level and sorry but her manager won't be round much longer she should be behind the camera.
sidewalktalk
Personal Assistant

Postby darnellabc » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:12 am

sidewalktalk wrote:
MCPH wrote:
sidewalktalk wrote:This show is a trainwreck, it reminds me of the Whitney docu series....I cannot believe her management allowed her to do this...its trashy tv

Anytime. I just watched the new ep the storyline with the dancer is just so beneath an artist of her level and sorry but her manager won't be round much longer she should be behind the camera.
Madonna flashes her nasty ass titties any chance she gets! You're the last person that should be talkin bout somethin is beneath an artist of ANYBODY'S level!
I AM A GOD!
darnellabc
Personal Assistant

Postby Crackiswack » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:18 am

Well tbh that's what got Madonna famous, the whole controversy bit
Last edited by Crackiswack on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby Crackiswack » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:25 am

Dandelion wrote:
Crackiswack wrote:I don't even have to read the usernames of some users, I already know who it is by their posts!
It's called having a personality, a brand. It becomes very obvious when someone generic tries to copy someone original. :lol:
Mhm but wouldn't you say your posts are usually generic. Example:

(Fill in the blanks)

Sad yet _______, those fake lambs/______ are always out for Meemz, but soon will the end of these _______ will come!!!

"Post from 2004"
I wonder when we'll have a black president!
We already have one, you _______!

Btw _______ is too dreamy, I'd love to drink his ______! :wink: :P
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby SpyVsSpy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:28 am

sidewalktalk wrote:
MCPH wrote:

Most of us hope so!
SpyVsSpy
Superstar

Postby gunman6 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:35 am

100% agreed :cry: Mariah should know that she's been sabotaging herself. All the stupid decisions she made ruined herself and her career seriously. Not anyone's fault. Mariah is the one who should be blamed. Hopefully this is a good opportunity for Mariah to reflect on herself.
"Be safe, be honest, be careful" - Morgan Carey
gunman6
Manager

Postby Crackiswack » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:38 am

Well She thinks she's been sabatoged so I doubt there will be self reflection
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby Tigre » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:32 am

Crackiswack wrote:Well She thinks she's been sabatoged so I doubt there will be self reflection
Sad but true.

But Mariah hasn't publicly announced a break since 2001, so you never know.
Tigre
Roadie

Return to General Artists Discussion