Mariah Carey

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

What is Mariah's best original Christmas song?

All I Want For Christmas Is You | Merry Christmas
30%
Miss You Most (At Christmas Time) | Merry Christmas
13%
Jesus Born On This Day | Merry Christmas
4%
Oh Santa! |Merry Christmas II You
9%
When Christmas Comes | Merry Christmas II You
7%
Christmas Time Is In The Air Again | Merry Christmas II You
15%
One Child | Merry Christmas II You
10%
Christmas In New York | 2015 Beacon Theater
2%
The Star | "The Star" Soundtrack
2%
Lil Snowman |"All I Want For Christmas Is You" Soundtrack
2%
Where Are You Christmas | "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" Soundtrack
4%

Total votes : 252

Postby EAI » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:56 am

turbulent wrote:Why does she sound different in My All from the Periscope to the youtube vid? Her tone sounded so much younger in the Periscope one :o
I agree, the only thing that remains amazing is the E5. I still prefer the smoothness of My All in Cardiff the best. If she hit the E5 in Cardiff, It would've been the best performance since 1998 for sure!
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Shadyboot » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:01 am

Yasss thank god for a new thread!
Shadyboot
Roadie

Postby UKLamb_1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:11 am

Not understanding the need for a locked thread, then a new one etc when bans could've been handed out in an hour....

Anyway, fresh start and what not.

Shaka wrote:Today she visited Aquilla Safari Game Lodge with her team:

https://scontent-gru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=57B5D274
This is literally what I said Mariah's social team should be doing a couple days ago!. Group pictures that are cute and give a BTS look. It's so much better than the boring posts for the SSFT.
“Mariah also dumped her longtime assistant Louise by shoving her out of a car in downtown Manhattan.”
UKLamb_1
Manager

Postby biscuits » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:17 am

EAI wrote:
gunman6 wrote:
EAI wrote:
gunman6 wrote:Wayne is the real evil witch 8-) :lol:
Watch it! I can't afford another locked thread.
It is just a joke :lol: but frankly I kinda dislike him/her. I feel he/she behaves like a dictator of UKMIX.
Give us back the old thread!!
I still don't understand what making a new thread is going to do when the same users are going to come on it anyways :-?
Hopefully those same users will get the message that rule breaking has consequences. The old thread needed a lot of tidying up so it was just easier to create a new and improved thread.

If this new thread turns into a mess, it'll be closed too. So just make sure y'all play nice and keep it clean :)
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Shaka » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:19 am

EAI wrote:
turbulent wrote:Why does she sound different in My All from the Periscope to the youtube vid? Her tone sounded so much younger in the Periscope one :o
I agree, the only thing that remains amazing is the E5. I still prefer the smoothness of My All in Cardiff the best. If she hit the E5 in Cardiff, It would've been the best performance since 1998 for sure!
The quality of the audio can make a huge difference, that's why everyone says that she sounds different (miles better) when they're listening her there in person. Periscope's audios are usually bad, don't know if it has something to do with the app per se.

Well technically Cardiff was the best (very polished), but I prefer her tone in Cologne and this one in Cape Town is special 'cause that E5, I know it's only an E5 belt and that she hit the same note multiple times in every concert in other songs, but keep in mind that this is her first attempt since '97 and she even struggled with that part back then... these little things are very important for me (like the E5/F5 in ABMB) 'cause after so many years she's actually trying and doing things that I thought she would never do again :D
Shaka
Legend

Postby turbulent » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:31 am

Shaka wrote:
EAI wrote:
The quality of the audio can make a huge difference, that's why everyone says that she sounds different (miles better) when they're listening her there in person. Periscope's audios are usually bad, don't know if it has something to do with the app per se.

Well technically Cardiff was the best (very polished), but I prefer her tone in Cologne and this one in Cape Town is special 'cause that E5, I know it's only an E5 belt and that she hit the same note multiple times in every concert in other songs, but keep in mind that this is her first attempt since '97 and she even struggled with that part back then... these little things are very important for me (like the E5/F5 in ABMB) 'cause after so many years she's actually trying and doing things that I thought she would never do again :D
Judging from the "exclusive" clips we've seen the audio quality is bad. I hope the quality is as good as the TAOM DVD but that's just a dream bc that DVD was tweaked for Blu Ray.
"You and me in a cloud of REVERIE..."
turbulent
Manager

Postby Shaka » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:32 am

UKLamb_1 wrote:

This is literally what I said Mariah's social team should be doing a couple days ago!. Group pictures that are cute and give a BTS look. It's so much better than the boring posts for the SSFT.
It's a shame that she didn't post these beautiful new pics in any of her social media.
I like them 'cause they show how close she is with her crew. Especially with Kris and Trey ❤ They've been together for so long! You can tell they really love her.
Shaka
Legend

Postby turbulent » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:33 am

UKLamb_1 wrote:Not understanding the need for a locked thread, then a new one etc when bans could've been handed out in an hour....

Anyway, fresh start and what not.

I should've sent Stella a beauty blender for her Birthday :lol: :lol:
turbulent
Manager

Postby unbridled » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:33 am

I hope the B collab is real, and that way we all unite and make
it #1 19th number one and another number one for b, it would be exciting and especially a video with MC looking amazing
unbridled
Roadie

Postby EAI » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:38 am

unbridled wrote:I hope the B collab is real, and that way we all unite and make
it #1 19th number one and another number one for b, it would be exciting and especially a video with MC looking amazing
TBH that's what I'm waiting for a beautiful video! :lol: Interestingly enough Beyoncé hasn't had a number one hit since 2009!
EAI
Superstar

Postby Shaka » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:40 am

turbulent wrote:Judging from the "exclusive" clips we've seen the audio quality is bad. I hope the quality is as good as the TAOM DVD but that's just a dream bc that DVD was tweaked for Blu Ray.
I would be more concerned about the content of the whole thing rather than the audio quality tbqh :lol: j/k j/k it will turn out great!
Shaka
Legend

Postby eternally12 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:48 am

Imma have to disagree. She sounds better here

I honestly prefer this performance over Cardiff because she sounds less shrill and her tone is richer. She was almost going to do the "coz I CAN'T (E5) go on" belt (not that it matters) 8-) Cardiff is my second fave though.
There is nothing like having #fun #fearless #strong #women in your #life
eternally12
Superstar

Postby allygdale » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:59 am

I still think she sounds good!

Sometimes it's confusing because the lambs change the pitch a step or half step up before uploading and these are the same ones chastising her for doing the same on an album track or two, and I just truly don't get it

She has always performed "My All" a step lower, even in 1997
★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ hotter than cable tv ~ like something out of your dreams ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫
allygdale
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:17 am

Damn that Eb5 from "THOUGH hope is FRAAAIIIIIL" sounds right out of SNL '91 :o
eternally12
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:17 am

eternally12
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:22 am

Btw just to add to the discussion from before, it's clear to me that her voice in Feb 2016 was actually in a much healthier place than the July leg last year. I'm talking about the actual physical condition of her cords. Her vocal cords were able to handle the physical pressure of chesty grunts and upper belts in comparison to July last year. But she did sound better more consistently from July 18th onwards, as she was extra careful.

I actually think she might've started recording some of the new vocals for the SSFT during the Feb 2016 leg.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby EAI » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:28 am

allygdale wrote:I still think she sounds good!

Sometimes it's confusing because the lambs change the pitch a step or half step up before uploading and these are the same ones chastising her for doing the same on an album track or two, and I just truly don't get it

She has always performed "My All" a step lower, even in 1997
I haven't really seen performances being pitched up by many people. I've only seen a few in compilation videos. The one posted above isn't pitched up at all.
EAI
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:50 am

eternally12
Superstar

Postby Shaka » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:04 am

Fantasy Intro, Cape Town.

Nice belts from 0:50 onward.
1:10 - 1:15 was so creative, loved the whole run, very musical.

Shaka
Legend

Postby eternally12 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:10 am

The opera singers F6 actually sounds like whistle. Most female opera singers eventually cross into the whistle register eventually the higher up they go anyway :D
eternally12
Superstar

Postby Shaka » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:15 am

SA Car Ride Medley, Cape Town.

Love that falsetto run at 5:09 - 5:14.

Shaka
Legend

Postby turbulent » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:27 am

South Africa
turbulent
Manager

Postby turbulent » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:32 am

Mariah should post photos of that quality after every show ^
turbulent
Manager

Postby LCRiah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:24 am

Hello lambs!! Here's to a new thread with new fun and hopefully less mess :lol:
Sh** happens.
LCRiah
Manager

Postby LCRiah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:30 am

I really hope that the Mariah/ Bey collab is true. That Instagram account posted a bunch of things, and now it seems kind of fake, but I'm hoping it's real. It got a lot of people buzzing, and Mariah did say "you'll be seeing another single at least very soon." Hopefully this is what she was referring to!
Sh** happens.
LCRiah
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion