Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

 

Battle Of The Personal Songs

Poll runs till Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Close My Eyes
31
35%
Petals
12
14%
Vanishing
17
19%
Looking In
17
19%
Sunflowers For Alfred Roy
3
3%
I Wish You Well
8
9%
 
Total votes : 88

Postby justTrifling » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:03 am

Are we up to 5 accounts from the same person now? Wow Mariah must be so relevant for that to be worth it xx
It was twilight
On the Fourth of July
Sparkling
colors were
Strewn across the sky
User avatar
justTrifling
Manager
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017
Location: NY

Postby Lamhe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:30 am

So what's next for Mariah? Tour?
User avatar
Lamhe
Manager
 
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013

Postby banksy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:03 am

EAI wrote:We’re not doing this again
Why not? It's important to know that long before What's the 411? graced our radios and CD players, Kurtis Blow had singers on the chorus for If I Ruled The World. Let us bask in the genius of this song. That intro, though:



Also, it's important to note that Paula Abdul had a rapping cat on "Opposites Attract". Heck, even Michael Jackson got in on the action with Run-DMC, although that song never came out.

All of these were released in the eighties, and served as the basis for what Mary and Mariah and others did in the 90s.

Lastly, it's worth a mention that these two ladies are friends, and Mary has always spoken highly of Mariah, citing her as an influence. She had this to say about Mariah:

"I love Mariah Carey. Mariah Carey's music saved little ghetto children's lives. Songs like "Vision of Love" gave us hope and we would sing those songs and try to hit every note like Mariah -- which we can't. I don't think she knows what a big part she plays in Mary J. Blige's life. And then to meet her….she's such a beautiful person that you can't do anything but defend her when [the media] starts acting stupid on her. She doesn't deserve that."
User avatar
banksy
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016

Postby banksy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:04 am

Lamhe wrote:So what's next for Mariah? Tour?
Tour, and hopefully the album she's been working on for the past two years.
User avatar
banksy
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016

Postby banksy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:08 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:Mariah and Mary have a mutual respect for each other :cry:
Mariah was in the video for "No More Drama", and Mary was on the re-release of It's A Wrap. They're friends.
User avatar
banksy
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016

Postby Shaka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:22 am

bm08 wrote:Professional HD footage of Mariah rehearsing Hero for NYRE. "We'll be wearing the ski ensemble" :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdgGflylG2F/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdgHOpcl6YL/

Unfortunately, not sure the actual source
:lol:

Queen Of Rehearsing!

Her tone is so damn rich atm <3
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 22317
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby Shaka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:24 am

justTrifling wrote:Are we up to 5 accounts from the same person now? Wow Mariah must be so relevant for that to be worth it xx
He's such a dedicated lamb and we love him for that :wink:
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 22317
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby Shaka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:29 am

LMAO, the nerve!

No one talked about your 8 pm show, bye sis!

EAI wrote:She’s so f*cking annoying
Image
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 22317
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby himc15 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:31 am

i dont get what with all this
like for real???Mariah girl,keep doing wonders and make these peole even more furious
Go Mariah 8-) :roll:
User avatar
himc15
Superstar
 
Posts: 9934
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014

Postby Shaka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:35 am

ferrero wrote:
Shaka wrote:Image
Wow all albums got an increase over the last month :D

Soon MIAM will cross 100m and Mimi will have 100m albums across 3 decades.
That's amazing, isn't it?!

I can't at the basics no streaming the f#ck outta Godbracelet :evil:

Why that low? It's one of her best works :cry:
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 22317
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby himc15 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:35 am

i hope the Lambs will not give that Jenny thing attention,thats what she is seeking,
let her starve
F**k her stupid ugly a**
User avatar
himc15
Superstar
 
Posts: 9934
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014

Postby Shaka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:38 am

I see no lies here.

I Don't is a BOP.

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 22317
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby SCHoli » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:41 am

How ironic to see my favourite album of hers come in last! :cry:
User avatar
SCHoli
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 933
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007

Postby Shaka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:46 am

A blasphemy! :x
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 22317
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby eternally12 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:00 am

LOL my sister used to be a pretty big lamb and had never heard anything from CB except TTR before 2009 when I played the album for her :lol:
I'm so glad bartending school is paying off! #cheers to the haters there's so much more coming !!
User avatar
eternally12
Superstar
 
Posts: 8906
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013

Postby EAI » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:17 am

banksy wrote:
EAI wrote:We’re not doing this again
Why not? It's important to know that long before What's the 411? graced our radios and CD players, Kurtis Blow had singers on the chorus for If I Ruled The World. Let us bask in the genius of this song. That intro, though:

Also, it's important to note that Paula Abdul had a rapping cat on "Opposites Attract". Heck, even Michael Jackson got in on the action with Run-DMC, although that song never came out.

All of these were released in the eighties, and served as the basis for what Mary and Mariah and others did in the 90s.

Lastly, it's worth a mention that these two ladies are friends, and Mary has always spoken highly of Mariah, citing her as an influence. She had this to say about Mariah:

"I love Mariah Carey. Mariah Carey's music saved little ghetto children's lives. Songs like "Vision of Love" gave us hope and we would sing those songs and try to hit every note like Mariah -- which we can't. I don't think she knows what a big part she plays in Mary J. Blige's life. And then to meet her….she's such a beautiful person that you can't do anything but defend her when [the media] starts acting stupid on her. She doesn't deserve that."
Oh I wasn’t taking a Jab at Mary at all. She’s a legend, and one of my favorite R&B artists. I was responding to the user that comes in and argues about MJB all the time. I also know Fantasy ft ODB wasn’t the first song of its kind either, it was just one of the pioneers that helped popularize that sound.
F*ck off and lose my number.
User avatar
EAI
Superstar
 
Posts: 8949
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Postby allygdale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:18 am

Shaka wrote:LMAO, the nerve!

No one talked about your 8 pm show, bye sis!

EAI wrote:She’s so f*cking annoying
Image
She is so delusional :lol:

It’s okay, no one is talking about her
I AM FREE.
User avatar
allygdale
Superstar
 
Posts: 5394
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013

Postby SummerPeur » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:19 am

Shaka wrote:I see no lies here.

I see none either 8-)
Yeah, I Bloom
I, Bloom Just For You
I Bloom, Just For Youuuuu
User avatar
SummerPeur
Superstar
 
Posts: 9364
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby Muzikritik » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:25 am

eternally12 wrote:LOL my sister used to be a pretty big lamb and had never heard anything from CB except TTR before 2009 when I played the album for her :lol:
It didn't do big numbers but if you were a lamb at the turn of the century, Charmbracelet was hard to ignore! It was the album that was going to return her to glory, and then, Well, didn't. :lol:
User avatar
Muzikritik
Legend
 
Posts: 10198
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2001
Location: Kiwi livin' (it up) in London

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:29 am

I love how mariah can go from that gold ski suit and sun glasses look to how she looked at new year. Hilarious! :lol:
User avatar
NorthernMonkey
Superstar
 
Posts: 7417
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010
Location: North England

Postby Shaka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:14 am

Muzikritik wrote:
eternally12 wrote:LOL my sister used to be a pretty big lamb and had never heard anything from CB except TTR before 2009 when I played the album for her :lol:
It didn't do big numbers but if you were a lamb at the turn of the century, Charmbracelet was hard to ignore! It was the album that was going to return her to glory, and then, Well, didn't. :lol:
That whole Era was very important and paved the way for her final and glorious comeback AKA Emancipation (especially the tour).
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 22317
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby Shaka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:17 am

NorthernMonkey wrote:I love how mariah can go from that gold ski suit and sun glasses look to how she looked at new year. Hilarious! :lol:
:lol:

It's her transformation from human form to an actual Goddess 8-)
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 22317
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby Shaka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:23 am

She sounded amazing in the Hero rehearsal but there's some noticeable squeaks during the climax :oops: :lol: (there's a longer version on YouTube). I'm so happy she decided to do it live. I wonder if it was a last minute decision.
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
User avatar
Shaka
Legend
 
Posts: 22317
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014
Location: Argentina

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:42 am

Shaka wrote:
NorthernMonkey wrote:I love how mariah can go from that gold ski suit and sun glasses look to how she looked at new year. Hilarious! :lol:
:lol:

It's her transformation from human form to an actual Goddess 8-)
Haha :lol:
User avatar
NorthernMonkey
Superstar
 
Posts: 7417
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010
Location: North England

Postby BlueScorpion » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:43 am

It's a travesty "Glitter" is not on Spotify. About time it should be added.
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
User avatar
BlueScorpion
Superstar
 
Posts: 6402
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011
Location: Europe

Return to General Artists Discussion