Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

 

Christmas Battle Royale: Remixes!

All I Want For Christmas Is You (Dance Mix)
0
No votes
All I Want For Christmas Is You (So So Def Remix)
6
60%
All I Want For Christmas Is You (Anniversary Mix)
0
No votes
All I Want For Christmas Is You (SuperFestive!)
0
No votes
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (Anniversary Mix)
1
10%
Joy To The World (Flava Mix)
2
20%
Oh Santa! (Low Sunday Edit)
1
10%
 
Total votes : 10

Postby Hoodriah » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:21 am

She's the reason Stan Twitter exists. a true Role Model for all Lambs. Great to know that she's still a Lamb btw
Somebody's doing the wrong note.
User avatar
Hoodriah
Manager
 
Posts: 1165
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017
Location: Germany

Postby bm08 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:00 am

OMG! What a f--king Queen!

This made me :lol: :lol:

User avatar
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic
 
Posts: 10729
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013

Postby RayRay » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:58 am

Shaka wrote:
Cashiado wrote:
EAI wrote:Do we have details on this event?
What is this?!?! When did they perform together?!?! Was I stoned and can't remember this event?!?!
June 15, 1995.
50TH ANNIVERSARY GALA BENEFIT AT CARAMOOR'S VENETIAN THEATER IN WESTCHESTER COUNTY, NY.

There's no footage to be found and I don't know what they sang.
Most likely the duet they released.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 12567
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby RayRay » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:00 am

MsWeiss wrote:On the debut album, I LOVE Sent From Up Above
It makes me really happy that Mariah loves that song

She really wanted it to be a single, and even though she acknowledges that it probably wouldn’t have been a pop hit, it could’ve been an urban hit.
Pop radio here loved it. It was on heavy rotation despite being the b-side.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 12567
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby Gravity » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:10 am

Sent From Up Above is one of those hidden gems of Mimi's discography.

And I like You Need Me :oops:
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 11025
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby RayRay » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 am

Gravity wrote:Sent From Up Above is one of those hidden gems of Mimi's discography.

And I like You Need Me :oops:
No shame about that. Back in the day, I used to play the album for everyone to promote this new singer. You Need Me was one of the songs a lot of my friends loved.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 12567
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby alex4mc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:23 am

Gravity wrote:Sent From Up Above is one of those hidden gems of Mimi's discography.

And I like You Need Me :oops:
Why ashamed of You Need Me?

It's a freaking great song. I love it when Mariah goes crazy with the vocals on a guitar riff. It's so sexy. 8-)
Look at us going #TheDistance
User avatar
alex4mc
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014

Postby allygdale » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:32 am

I LOVE "Sent From Up Above" and "You Need Me," I am dying to hear the more R&B tracks and the rock tracks she told Courtney Love about :o
#CAUTION
User avatar
allygdale
Superstar
 
Posts: 6371
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013

Postby Pawlu84 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:09 am

Her Debut is one of her strongest albums only surpassed IMO by Butterfly TEOM and E=MC2.
Pawlu84
Manager
 
Posts: 3009
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011

Postby TwistedFantasy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am

Shaka wrote:
banksy wrote:One thing I hate about American culture is celebrity worship. I love Mariah to bits, but I wouldn't be losing my ish over simply seeing her. Now, if she walked up to me and offered a job or some money, then I'd freak out.
It's not only American culture. The same would happen if she stops like that in the Philippines or Japan (well, it has happened already). Even in Australia, Paris or Brazil.

And yeah, I would be losing my ish over simply seeing her. It's called STANNING.

Even celebrities get shook in her presence, e.g. Anne Hathaway loosing her cool in front of the Queen on live TV.
Coming for necks.
User avatar
TwistedFantasy
Manager
 
Posts: 3884
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015
Location: France

Postby TwistedFantasy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:19 am

Gravity wrote:Sent From Up Above is one of those hidden gems of Mimi's discography.
This this and this. The most overlooked song in her debut, and easily a top 3 in my book. That song makes me feel so good.
User avatar
TwistedFantasy
Manager
 
Posts: 3884
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015
Location: France

Postby NorthernMonkey » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 am

TwistedFantasy wrote:
Shaka wrote:
banksy wrote:One thing I hate about American culture is celebrity worship. I love Mariah to bits, but I wouldn't be losing my ish over simply seeing her. Now, if she walked up to me and offered a job or some money, then I'd freak out.
It's not only American culture. The same would happen if she stops like that in the Philippines or Japan (well, it has happened already). Even in Australia, Paris or Brazil.

And yeah, I would be losing my ish over simply seeing her. It's called STANNING.

Even celebrities get shook in her presence, e.g. Anne Hathaway loosing her cool in front of the Queen on live TV.
Coming for necks.
This hysteria Mariah’s London’s visit caused in 1995 was outrageous. It’s not just america.
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
User avatar
NorthernMonkey
Superstar
 
Posts: 8629
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010
Location: North England

Postby Lionheart » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:37 am

NorthernMonkey wrote:
TwistedFantasy wrote:
Shaka wrote:
banksy wrote:One thing I hate about American culture is celebrity worship. I love Mariah to bits, but I wouldn't be losing my ish over simply seeing her. Now, if she walked up to me and offered a job or some money, then I'd freak out.
It's not only American culture. The same would happen if she stops like that in the Philippines or Japan (well, it has happened already). Even in Australia, Paris or Brazil.

And yeah, I would be losing my ish over simply seeing her. It's called STANNING.

Even celebrities get shook in her presence, e.g. Anne Hathaway loosing her cool in front of the Queen on live TV.
Coming for necks.
This hysteria Mariah’s London’s visit caused in 1995 was outrageous. It’s not just america.
Yep, definitely not just America- and this is just a few years ago.
https://youtu.be/FO6KdlnDgQY
It's bleak dahhling
User avatar
Lionheart
Groupie
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016

Postby UKLamb_1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:42 am

Happy Valentine's day Lambs :wink:

“Mariah also dumped her longtime assistant Louise by shoving her out of a car in downtown Manhattan.”
User avatar
UKLamb_1
Manager
 
Posts: 2819
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012

Postby crybaby26 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Happy valentine's day lambs! I'm watching this popular music video channel and they doing a Valentine's day themed request countdown and guess who is the #1? Mariah Carey's We Belong Together :cry: an anthem. Its still so iconic and timeless. I'm so happy
ooooh shots of Remy playin' confessions and our bodies blendin'
User avatar
crybaby26
Manager
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Postby RayRay » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Woke my husband this morning while playing Always Be My Baby. Wished him a happy Valentine's and took him for a Valentine's lunch.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 12567
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby ReubenWalton » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:06 pm

RayRay wrote:
Shaka wrote:
Cashiado wrote:
EAI wrote:Do we have details on this event?
What is this?!?! When did they perform together?!?! Was I stoned and can't remember this event?!?!
June 15, 1995.
50TH ANNIVERSARY GALA BENEFIT AT CARAMOOR'S VENETIAN THEATER IN WESTCHESTER COUNTY, NY.

There's no footage to be found and I don't know what they sang.
Most likely the duet they released.
Is that guy in the white suit Tony Bennett?
User avatar
ReubenWalton
Groupie
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018
Location: Falmouth, MA

Postby ferrero » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:11 pm



Happy Valentine's day everyone
User avatar
ferrero
Manager
 
Posts: 3140
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005
Location: 新加坡

Postby RayRay » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 pm

^^ Yes, that is him.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 12567
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby Loveyoulike » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 pm

banksy wrote:Also, I've said this several times, but Mariah dodged a serious bullet by not marrying Australian Shrek. He's in the news for ratting out Israel's prime minister probably in the hopes that the Israeli authorities will get off his back.

It would have been a mess if she'd married him.
He is dodgy as hell.

I wonder if she will publicly associate with Brett Ratner again.
YOU'LLNEVERFINDTHEANSWERSIFYOUTHROWYOURLIFEAWAY
User avatar
Loveyoulike
Groupie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018

Postby MsWeiss » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:28 pm

MC or her team MUST read UKMIX
Vision of Love vs Can’t Let Go being the first poll on her IG stories? Is she secretly one of the users? :lol: love you MC! Record Lullaby of Birdland on your next album, pls!
User avatar
MsWeiss
Manager
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby musedeva » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Of Course Rye lurks in lurky moments........just sayin'

I luv the pic of her reverence for Tony!!! Tony is Tip Top

...now a moment of a Hug Out to alls Valentines

please pray for the americans...we're losing it.....seriously...children should not live in fear
User avatar
musedeva
Manager
 
Posts: 1766
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014

Postby delapuerta » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:58 pm

MsWeiss wrote:MC or her team MUST read UKMIX
Vision of Love vs Can’t Let Go being the first poll on her IG stories? Is she secretly one of the users? :lol: love you MC! Record Lullaby of Birdland on your next album, pls!
Also she's named don't forget about us as dfau lol or loverboy vs touch my body
delapuerta
Manager
 
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014

Postby bm08 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:09 pm

The Battle of the Love Songs is a brilliant idea by her team. Love that they're putting more obscure tracks in the mix.

Wish they brought some of it to twitter too.
User avatar
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic
 
Posts: 10729
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013

Postby Rascali » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:11 pm

RayRay wrote:
Shaka wrote:
Cashiado wrote:
EAI wrote:Do we have details on this event?
What is this?!?! When did they perform together?!?! Was I stoned and can't remember this event?!?!
June 15, 1995.
50TH ANNIVERSARY GALA BENEFIT AT CARAMOOR'S VENETIAN THEATER IN WESTCHESTER COUNTY, NY.

There's no footage to be found and I don't know what they sang.
Most likely the duet they released.
Could be but being 15/16 years apart and with no info on the setlist it's very hard to say what it is likely to be but definitely a possibility.

Looks like she's maybe singing a solo song as well... I fantasise it was Hero (photo seems plausible) and imagining what a a lost July '95 performance of Hero would be like definitely gives me a bit of a thrill :lol:

Have done a fair bit of digging on this in the past and very little info, no trace of footage... would def. put this in one of the 'holy grail of mariah rarity' category... guess the holy grail is usually singular but Mariah has a few and a few that have been revealed over the years!
User avatar
Rascali
Groupie
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006

Return to General Artists Discussion