Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Christmas Battle Royale: MCIIY (Round 2 - Favorite Song)

Poll runs till Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Oh Santa!
24%
Christmas Time Is in the Air Again
22%
The First Noel /Born Is the King
8%
When Christmas Comes
12%
One Child
33%

Total votes : 49

Postby HerSweetLullaby » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:25 am

Those shots from the V magazine are kinda boring, but Mariah is looking SKINTY
Got flavour like ice cream
HerSweetLullaby
Manager

Postby andy001 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:31 am

Disgraceful article bringing up the gastric band rumour again. And insane nasty comments, it really is unhealthy and unhinged to have so much hate for another human based on rumours and lies. People are sick. They need help from the doctor.
So negative, it’s frightening how nasty people are mainly those who know nothing. It’s also facinating how upset random people get with another person who is famous, if you’re not interested in them why waste your energy hating them to such a degree, I’ll never understand it.

I’m excited with the recent magazine interview
Listen to me and the amazing Lucy! Radioactive
https://www.smule.com/p/980109103_1450043904
andy001
Superstar

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:35 am

andy001 wrote:Disgraceful article bringing up the gastric band rumour again. And insane nasty comments, it really is unhealthy and unhinged to have so much hate for another human based on rumours and lies. People are sick. They need help from the doctor.
So negative, it’s frightening how nasty people are mainly those who know nothing. It’s also facinating how upset random people get with another person who is famous, if you’re not interested in them why waste your energy hating them to such a degree, I’ll never understand it.

I’m excited with the recent magazine interview
Same.. there’s one troll on the DM who posts the same thing on every Mariah article.. it’s so sad it’s borderline funny.. but you can’t help but feel grateful for your own life when there are people as pathetic as that. They’re a Christina fan too.. just to add insult to injury.
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby EAI » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:38 am

Their poor ears ^
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby firefly_86 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:00 am

I have everything crossed that the 'new approach' means "no more JD and BM Cox"
firefly_86
Manager

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:09 pm

firefly_86 wrote:I have everything crossed that the 'new approach' means "no more JD and BM Cox"
I’d love her to be staying true to her R&B but with a modern, current uptempo feel.. this mixed with a few beautiful piano ballads. I absolutely love the piano riff on CTTA... something like that would be amazing.
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby mm2912 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:34 pm

I just want so clear straight-forward simple vocals like ILT, WBT, SIO, TMB..
mm2912
Personal Assistant

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:10 pm

I’d love an album cover that’s just her face too.. and black and white.. homage to her biggest albums but with more attitude.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby mm2912 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:44 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:I’d love an album cover that’s just her face too.. and black and white.. homage to her biggest albums but with more attitude.
this one would've been the perfect album cover for MIAM
mm2912
Personal Assistant

Postby NorthernMonkey » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:16 pm

mm2912 wrote:
NorthernMonkey wrote:I’d love an album cover that’s just her face too.. and black and white.. homage to her biggest albums but with more attitude.
this one would've been the perfect album cover for MIAM
I will never get over that.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby bm08 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Curious to know who the international rap artists she referred to are and if that could mean collaborations with more international artists. Im happy shes keeping “an open mind” in terms of that.

Since she was in France during the interview, makes me wonder if the rapper was French.

Also good to note that the interview was done 3 months ago so shes been sitting with the album concept for a while.
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby skywalker » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 pm

bm08 wrote:Curious to know who the international rap artists she referred to are and if that could mean collaborations with more international artists. Im happy shes keeping “an open mind” in terms of that.

Since she was in France during the interview, makes me wonder if the rapper was French.

Also good to note that the interview was done 3 months ago so shes been sitting with the album concept for a while.
Probably Stormzy! I hope she works with him. He’s popular in the UK and recently worked with Little Mix in the remix version of Power. He also won a Brit award this year
“MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby UKLamb_1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:12 pm

bm08 wrote:Curious to know who the international rap artists she referred to are and if that could mean collaborations with more international artists. Im happy shes keeping “an open mind” in terms of that.

I'd love for her to work with CL, if anyone knows of her - though I'm unsure if they would mesh well.
“Mariah also dumped her longtime assistant Louise by shoving her out of a car in downtown Manhattan.”
UKLamb_1
Manager

Postby MCtheMC » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:32 pm

WOW, that was without question, one of the most profound interviews of Mariah's entire career! Loveeee the talk about a fresh approach, the meetings of the mind for ideas, and lovvviiinnggg the Childish Gambino name drop!! :o
MCtheMC
Groupie

Postby tyguy723 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:50 pm

UKLamb_1 wrote:

I'd love for her to work with CL, if anyone knows of her - though I'm unsure if they would mesh well.
OMG yes please, Asia would stan even harder for her :o :oops: :cry:
tyguy723
Manager

Postby rashmimimi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:52 pm

A collaboration with stormzy would be fresh...
rashmimimi
Manager

Postby codehero » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:58 pm

rashmimimi wrote:A collaboration with stormzy would be fresh...
Yes. Love his work with Cherrie.
codehero
Roadie

Postby Gravity » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Mariah x CL collab would be heavenly! :D

I'm hoping for some new producers. Illangelo pleaseeee
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby mm2912 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:31 pm

I think with roc nation guiding her this new project looks promising. I'm hopeful we won't have the same mess we dealt with MIAM era
mm2912
Personal Assistant

Postby Cashiado » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:46 pm

I'm hoping we get a fresh sounding first single with a new sound. Very much like when I first heard Say Something or #B. When I first heard both of those songs for the first time, it was like a breath of fresh air! So different for MC!
Cashiado
Personal Assistant

Postby Shaka » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:40 pm

andy001 wrote:
Shaka wrote:
andy001 wrote:Is anyone able to translate the spoken parts in #Hermosa please?
She's just saying incoherent things :lol:

I'm for you, and you for me
Ay papi, what you make me feel
I can not anymore, let's get out of here
Things are going to go crazy
Now yes
Excuse me, I'm so sorry
What? I'm bilingual, you didn't know?
Ah thanks for that.
You're welcome. Lots of lambs have asked me that same question :lol:
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Cashiado wrote:I'm hoping we get a fresh sounding first single with a new sound. Very much like when I first heard Say Something or #B. When I first heard both of those songs for the first time, it was like a breath of fresh air! So different for MC!
Oh, yeah. Give me something fresh like #B and I'll be more than happy. I will never forget those guitar riffs in the #B teaser vid. Got me shook since first time.
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:48 pm

firefly_86 wrote:I have everything crossed that the 'new approach' means "no more JD and BM Cox"
Excited about that.

I don’t want to give away too many people that I’m working with, but there’s a different approach that I’m taking as an artist. I think it’s like a fresh start.

I wonder what's she has under the sleeve. Has she ever said something like this? I don't recall tbh. Fresh start... love that.
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:53 pm

I'd love a b&w color scheme. But I hope there's a concept or an aesthetic/thematic approach along with Mariah looking gorgeous.

Have u seen Toni's album cover? AMAZING.

Shaka
Legend

Postby Hoodriah » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:33 pm

I'm so excited for this new Album and the Era in general. I've a very good feeling now, other than last year at this time - thank god she hadn't released it under Stellrats "management", bc we all know why. I'm hoping for E=MC2 success.
Somebody's doing the wrong note.
Hoodriah
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion