Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Battle Of The Remixes: Round 3

Poll runs till Wed May 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Fantasy ft. ODB
44%
Honey (Classic Mix)
28%
Do You Know Where You're Going To (Mariah Bonita Club Edit)
3%
Make It Happen (C + C Mix)
13%
It's Like That (Morales Club Mix)
13%

Total votes : 39

Postby banksy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:30 pm

allygdale wrote:When the Brazilian leaves you hairless for FOUR MONTHS

Can we talk about her background vocals that start at 2 20? They are my favorite, nobody does them like she did them in the 90s

Its cute when Trey and the hefty irrelevant ladies joined her, but when it's just Mariahs singing so many parts, listening with headphones and my eyes closed feels like a religious experience
This is so rude. Maybe Kelly deserves to be dragged for being so nasty toward Mariah in recent years, but Melonie Daniels was and still is one of the nicest people in the world. She was there for Mariah after the breakdown, and at different points since she officially stopped working for her. Also, she's a force within the gospel community.

Come on, now.
banksy
Personal Assistant

Postby Shaka » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:32 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:
Shaka wrote:Look at this Queen 8-)

She achieved this feat in 2017, 27 years into her career. And people still discussing her legendary status #RearView,Bye

https://twitter.com/mariahsfacts/status ... 8481878017
This makes me so happy!
Mariah Carey and then 3 extremely popular current artists that she’s beaten
And the good thing is that these numbers will increase the next years as the song is getting bigger and bigger.

It's amazing how All I Want is becoming a monster and out-peaking its chart performance every single year, no matter how messy her current career can be.
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:34 pm

Hoodriah wrote:^ Happy Aniversary Kelly. a true Lamb and talented artist.
We love her.
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Shaka
Legend

Postby musedeva » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:50 pm

its very sad that Kelly....likely because of her weight/appearance.....was defeated commercially and her probable inborn anger got turned to Mariah, instead, with the white privilege.....commercially...I hope she can work thru that someday

the worst part is that they aren't , to my understanding, working with Mariah anymore.....because forever they will be known as a vocal force that was awesome and gave many many people pleasure and inspired others.....including me

banksy wrote:

Can we talk about her background vocals that start at 2 20? They are my favorite, nobody does them like she did them in the 90s

Its cute when Trey and the hefty irrelevant ladies joined her, but when it's just Mariahs singing so many parts, listening with headphones and my eyes closed feels like a religious experience
This is so rude. Maybe Kelly deserves to be dragged for being so nasty toward Mariah in recent years, but Melonie Daniels was and still is one of the nicest people in the world. She was there for Mariah after the breakdown, and at different points since she officially stopped working for her. Also, she's a force within the gospel community.

Come on, now.
musedeva
Manager

Postby mc4tw » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:54 pm

musedeva wrote:its very sad that Kelly....likely because of her weight/appearance.....was defeated commercially and her probable inborn anger got turned to Mariah, instead, with the white privilege.....commercially...I hope she can work thru that someday

the worst part is that they aren't , to my understanding, working with Mariah anymore.....because forever they will be known as a vocal force that was awesome and gave many many people pleasure and inspired others.....including me

banksy wrote:

Come on, now.
I’m confused...it’s because of white people that kelly price wasn’t successful?
Meteorite-ite-ite!
mc4tw
Groupie

Postby lillovaboy2013 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:47 pm

I check the ascap site and i saw 4 songs that i never noticed before FLOW,One Breath,Rush Hour,Dont.Leave (What You Need)
lillovaboy2013
Groupie

Postby musedeva » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:55 pm

not necessarily......she..and I...and many others .....were not the "package" that a corporate vehicle wants.....and needs...and that includes shelling out monies that they think they can recoup.....with a profit

...so that includes marketing big dollar pop songs to primarily a middle america white audience....not the R n B audience

and for the R n B ers.....outside of gospel......attractiveness of body and face are close to the Pop Princess Formulae

..but what do i know....this is just my Opine 8-) :lol:

mc4tw wrote:
musedeva wrote:its very sad that Kelly....likely because of her weight/appearance.....was defeated commercially and her probable inborn anger got turned to Mariah, instead, with the white privilege.....commercially...I hope she can work thru that someday

banksy wrote:

Come on, now.
I’m confused...it’s because of white people that kelly price wasn’t successful?
musedeva
Manager

Postby MsWeiss » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 pm

lillovaboy2013 wrote:I check the ascap site and i saw 4 songs that i never noticed before FLOW,One Breath,Rush Hour,Dont.Leave (What You Need)
Hmm
Assuming these are new songs is too risky, but I’m certainly intrigued. It’s how The Art of Letting Go, You Don’t Know What & Make It Look Good titles were leaked.
MsWeiss
Manager

Postby skywalker » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:05 pm

lillovaboy2013 wrote:I check the ascap site and i saw 4 songs that i never noticed before FLOW,One Breath,Rush Hour,Dont.Leave (What You Need)
Do the site show dates when these songs were registered?
“MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby lillovaboy2013 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:40 pm

skywalker wrote:
I dont think so i didnt pay attention to that but just found another one called HEADLINES
lillovaboy2013
Groupie

Postby skywalker » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:48 pm

lillovaboy2013 wrote:
skywalker wrote:
I dont think so i didnt pay attention to that but just found another one called HEADLINES
Thanks for the info! :wink:
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby banksy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:56 pm

lillovaboy2013 wrote:
skywalker wrote:
I think the US Copyright Office lists the dates the copyrights were filed. I'm on my phone and can't access the site, can someone else check? She definitely filed them.
banksy
Personal Assistant

Postby skywalker » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:58 pm

banksy wrote:
lillovaboy2013 wrote:
skywalker wrote:
I think the US Copyright Office lists the dates the copyrights were filed. I'm on my phone and can't access the site, can someone else check? She definitely filed them.
I tried. But I couldn’t find where in the site should I look
-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby jeremimi » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:58 pm

My brand new rendition JOY RIDE for the lambily to enjoy while we wait for new music from our queen.
jeremimi
Roadie

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:00 am

Seriously, this video is very underrated. Mariah looked BOMB. Queen was serving us some Spanglish tunes before the trend took over in the following years. She's always ahead. 8-)

"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby taustin13 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:24 am

No stress, no fights
I'm leavin' it all behind
No tears, no time to cry
Just makin' the most of life
taustin13
Manager

Postby taustin13 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:32 am

Also this website is awesome. It has songs I never heard of before.
https://www.sesac.com/Repertory/RepertorySearch.aspx
No stress, no fights
No tears, no time to cry
taustin13
Manager

Postby Kaloki » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:43 am

jeremimi wrote:

My brand new rendition JOY RIDE for the lambily to enjoy while we wait for new music from our queen.
Jemimi! As always, this cover is just sublime! :cry: :cry:

The “ever known” run at 28 secs might possibly be my favourite little run you’ve EVER DONE! Sooooo smooth

The extra run you added in at 1:18 is pretty special as well

I also found your diction in the second verse superior to Mariah’s - Joyride is one of my all time favourites but took me years to realise what the correct lyrics were :lol:

Finally, the climax at the end is just out of this world. Love how you change your whistles for each song to convey the appropriate emotion. Here it was almost a bit painful to convey the overwhelming sense of love the song’s protagonist feels

You nailed the final long note as well - even got that little upward flick at the end that Mariah done

Your AIWFCIY (remix) cover remains my favourite, but this for me is one of your best! Mariah should take notes!!!
Kaloki
Manager

Postby jeremimi » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:46 am

Kaloki ur comment made my day! I’m so happy you took the time to do all that, ur a TRUE fan. A jereminion! Would u mind copying that comment onto my YouTube comments?
jeremimi
Roadie

Postby skywalker » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:00 am

-Jermaine Dupri
skywalker
Manager

Postby himc15 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:20 am

Leave ( What You Need) & one Breathe sounds like Killer ballards

but im here for Headlines, :)

now the question is,is she gonna call it #Headlines coz Drake had a popular song with that tittle just like she did with #Beautiful coz Xtina had Beautiful, hahahahah

Cant wait for #MC15 tbh
I want the era like nowww
himc15
Superstar

Postby taustin13 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:59 am

No problem :wink:
No stress, no fights
No tears, no time to cry
taustin13
Manager

Postby taustin13 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:00 am

himc15 wrote:Leave ( What You Need) & one Breathe sounds like Killer ballards

but im here for Headlines, :)

now the question is,is she gonna call it #Headlines coz Drake had a popular song with that tittle just like she did with #Beautiful coz Xtina had Beautiful, hahahahah

Cant wait for #MC15 tbh
I want the era like nowww
Tell me about it. These names are giving chills.
No stress, no fights
No tears, no time to cry
taustin13
Manager

Postby wolfily » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:20 am

Thank you Nick. Such wonderful words.

"I have never seen one person have to deal with so much and have the weight of the world on their shoulders and cameras constantly in their face -- every angle you turn, there is someone snapping a picture, wanting you to be on, and she does it with so much grace and so much poise," Cannon tells ET. "The things that, you know, so many people have to deal with, so many different families -- so many people have internal things that they are dealing with -- and she continues to hold it together in a way where it just looks seamless. Even when we were together I was in awe, but even on the outside looking in, it's like, she does it with so much strength and so much beauty, you can't argue with it, and she is going to help so many people." The actor says that during their marriage, the two never treated her bipolar disorder as a debilitating setback, similar to how they dealt with his health issue due to Lupus.
Cannon says he's talked to the GRAMMY-winning singer since she bravely revealed her bipolar diagnosis to the world. "We talk every day," he notes. "And this is the thing... I got a way bigger mouth than she does. She's super private. But one thing we talked about [is] she said, 'I just don't want people to start thinking or treating me differently. I just want to go and make music and I want the kids to continue to love Mommy. I want the fans to continue to love Mariah.' That's all she cares about."
The father of three says he and Carey will always be family, though acknowledges their current relationship is unorthodox. "There wil always be unconditional love and a great relationship," he says. "That is one of my best friends in life, so it is always going to be that, so the fact that there is no bad blood and we can still co-exist, I think that is the best place for it. Ultimately, you make it about the children and they're the number one priority, and everything else falls in line," he also tells ET about their seemingly effortless co-parenting. "And when you can come from a place of understanding and unconditional love for so many things, you can't really go wrong. ... I don't think we make it about us -- it would be very easy to throw our egos in what we believe we want to do with our time and effort."
Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. I mean, I have five Grammys. That’s cute.
wolfily
Personal Assistant

Return to General Artists Discussion