8th Grade
9%
Stay Long Love You
6%
Portrait
7%

Total votes : 244

Postby Itwaswritten » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:24 am

wolfily wrote:MTV has announced that there will be an Aretha tribute at the VMAs next week. Hope that tweet means Mariah will be invited to perform at the tribute.

RIP Aretha :cry: :cry:
No! Plus she still on vacation. The show is Monday.
Itwaswritten
Roadie

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:27 am

Getting goosebumps watching this epiconic world-class performance.
And to even think she has performed on stage w/some of her idols like Aretha and Patti, and Whitney damn...

Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Superstar

Postby NorthernMonkey » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:17 pm

OT: If it hadn’t been for Aretha songs, Janet would have made #1 on iTunes US. Congratulations Janet.
To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby cinderellaboy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:46 pm

NorthernMonkey wrote:OT: If it hadn’t been for Aretha songs, Janet would have made #1 on iTunes US. Congratulations Janet.
Yep! The song is amazing! The 11th No.1?
I love music!
cinderellaboy
Personal Assistant

Postby WaitYourTurn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:49 pm

Itwaswritten wrote:
wolfily wrote:MTV has announced that there will be an Aretha tribute at the VMAs next week. Hope that tweet means Mariah will be invited to perform at the tribute.

It will probably be the likes of Tulisa, Tinie Tempah, Brooke Hogan etc knowing MTV
I’ll just sit right here and sing that good old school sh@* to you!
WaitYourTurn
Manager

Postby taustin13 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:10 pm

WaitYourTurn wrote:
Itwaswritten wrote:

It will probably be the likes of Tulisa, Tinie Tempah, Brooke Hogan etc knowing MTV
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!
taustin13
Manager

Postby ForeverYoung » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:16 pm

As glad as I am for Janet an iTunes high peak position hardly means anything these days. I mean, even Céline's Deadpool single (lmao) peaked inside the iTunes top 10 if I'm not mistaken. How is Janet doing on streaming? That's what counts. FTR, I find her new song too generic sounding, and am waiting for something else, perhaps more urban, from her, but I'm glad she's back with new music either way.

WaitYourTurn wrote:
Itwaswritten wrote:

Who are these people???

I hope Mariah is involved in the tribute in some way.
ForeverYoung
Manager

Postby jr588 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Anything is possible, but considering Mariah has only attended 1 VMAs since the 90s and has never even won an award herself, I highly doubt she would be part of a tribute. They will probably stick to artists that are part of the newer generation (I.e. Ariana, Beyoncé
- dare I say maybe even Christina).
jr588
Roadie

Postby wolfily » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Aretha definitely bonded with Mariah at VH1 Divas Live. Look how she picked Mariah from the back to sing with her, and Mariah was ever so gracious (as Aretha described her in one of her interviews) to return to the back after that, knowing who was rightfully the queen that night.

I really do hope Mariah gets a chance to perform for her idol at any one of her tributes. I hear that a big one is being planned by Clive Davis in November.

Did you like when I put my lips there? Cause I like when you're kissin' me everywhere
Do you mind if we go back in? One mo' gen

Stream Caution on Spotify
wolfily
Manager

Postby wolfily » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:57 pm

cinderellaboy wrote:
NorthernMonkey wrote:OT: If it hadn’t been for Aretha songs, Janet would have made #1 on iTunes US. Congratulations Janet.
Love it! Love her! It's time for the legends and makers of real music to shine once more. Mariah's next.
Did you like when I put my lips there? Cause I like when you're kissin' me everywhere
Do you mind if we go back in? One mo' gen

Stream Caution on Spotify
wolfily
Manager

Postby mm2912 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:14 pm

jr588 wrote:Anything is possible, but considering Mariah has only attended 1 VMAs since the 90s and has never even won an award herself, I highly doubt she would be part of a tribute. They will probably stick to artists that are part of the newer generation (I.e. Ariana, Beyoncé
plus JLO is getting the vanguard awards :lol:
mm2912
Personal Assistant

Postby himc15 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:40 pm

wolfily wrote:
cinderellaboy wrote:
Love it! Love her! It's time for the legends and makers of real music to shine once more. Mariah's next.
yes, well said man,congrats miss Janet
himc15
Legend

Postby Hoodriah » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Somebody's doing the wrong note.
Hoodriah
Manager

Postby bm08 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:28 pm

Pretty

ICONIC

smh...
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby Marchum » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:38 pm

I love how she acts like she gives a f*** about what the fans want to hear at the shows lol
Marchum
Manager

Postby Kaloki » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:44 pm

They'll just wheel out Jennifer Hudson for the tribute and she'll shout a lot and people will wonder why she isn't a massive star, then she'll release some Adele rehash but with zero emotion and 4 minutes of belting and screaming and everybody will forget about her until somebody else dies and she does a tribute performance
Kaloki
Manager

Postby KEY9481 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Kaloki wrote:They'll just wheel out Jennifer Hudson for the tribute and she'll shout a lot and people will wonder why she isn't a massive star, then she'll release some Adele rehash but with zero emotion and 4 minutes of belting and screaming and everybody will forget about her until somebody else dies and she does a tribute performance
That sums it up perfectly.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018
KEY9481
Manager

Postby hmm101 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:50 pm

There are people who still say that she can't sing anymore so she's not in their suggested list of worthy singers to give a tribute to Aretha or they are against Mariah to do so, but at least now there are many who are defending her.

She's got the most exposure tho with Aretha's death. So I think that's enough for the general public because their performance is being highlighted. She can do her tribute to Aretha in her Vegas show. She's more comfortable there as she's with the fans, less pressure too. She'll be able to pay respect to Aretha in her own way with less scrutiny.
hmm101
Personal Assistant

Postby woabritney » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Great to see how much love and recognition Mariah’s performance with aretha has been getting. It’s obvious that Mariah is already considered one of the greatest living legends — imagine how important she’ll be when she reaches Aretha’s age.

I’d love for Mariah to show up at the VMAs just bc she is so snatched right now she’s steal all the headlines just for showing up and looking so good. If a new single really is on the way, nows a good time to get people taking!
woabritney
Manager

Postby WaitYourTurn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:00 pm

hmm101 wrote:There are people who still say that she can't sing anymore so she's not in their suggested list of worthy singers to give a tribute to Aretha or they are against Mariah to do so, but at least now there are many who are defending her.

She's got the most exposure tho with Aretha's death. So I think that's enough for the general public because their performance is being highlighted. She can do her tribute to Aretha in her Vegas show. She's more comfortable there as she's with the fans, less pressure too. She'll be able to pay respect to Aretha in her own way with less scrutiny.
I find all of these conversations a little morbid and in poor taste. Let Aretha have her moment and let’s not worry about how Mariah’s image is benefitting from her death.
I’ll just sit right here and sing that good old school sh@* to you!
WaitYourTurn
Manager

Postby hmm101 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 pm

^ Oh I just mentioned it because it is what it is. The mention of Mariah's name in every Aretha article, altho unintentional, benefitted Mariah. I'm not going to pretend that she didn't, because she totally did. I'm just stating facts and I'm not saying that Mariah's team pushed it, it just happened.

My point is its okay if she's not part of the tribute that will be televised on TV because with all the mention of her name, its enough. She can pay her respect on her show instead because you're correct, its Aretha's tribute so the moment belongs to her. I find it more personal and more sincere if she'll do it on her show in Vegas because she's not obligated to do it, but if she did, its to pay her respect to Aretha, who was her mentor and friend.
hmm101
Personal Assistant

Postby leoavalon » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Anyone else here user Reddit?

Mariah is being underappreciated on a post about Aretha's passing. Could you help me defending her?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nottheonion/co ... e/e4bqo9m/
leoavalon
Manager

Postby banksy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:52 pm

mm2912 wrote:
jr588 wrote:Anything is possible, but considering Mariah has only attended 1 VMAs since the 90s and has never even won an award herself, I highly doubt she would be part of a tribute. They will probably stick to artists that are part of the newer generation (I.e. Ariana, Beyoncé
plus JLO is getting the vanguard awards :lol:
It's quite fitting that J. Lo is being overshadowed, having been insane enough to think she could cover an Aretha song and having used and abused black artists for years. Enjoy that award you paid for, girlfriend. Everyone else will be paying their respects to the queen.
banksy
Manager

Postby Mckenry » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:17 pm

Mckenry
Manager

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:26 pm

MikeTheDopeToast
Roadie

Return to General Artists Discussion