Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

 

Song vs. Song: The Distance vs. Skinny Legends (Round 2)

Poll runs till Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:36 pm

The Distance
13
28%
Touch My Body
33
72%
 
Total votes : 46

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:16 pm

UKLamb_1 wrote:
am1 wrote:Did a quick lil mock up of what the CD could look like...

Image
Damn!!!! Well done, this is fire!
Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

Love it
Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20651
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby SpyVsSpy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:16 pm

Hmm im not feeling the cover. It looks like its from the 80s, and of some one hit wonder... cant put my finger on it.
User avatar
SpyVsSpy
Superstar
 
Posts: 6845
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008

Postby Ashank » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:18 pm

SpyVsSpy wrote:Hmm im not feeling the cover. It looks like its from the 80s, and of some one hit wonder... cant put my finger on it.
It serves 80s porn film cover so classic.

Anyway, I voted the classic album cover Mariah. Her curly is everything.
Baby too much is never enough. More and more 'til we both overflow...
User avatar
Ashank
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015
Location: At KWEEN

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:20 pm

SpyVsSpy wrote:Hmm im not feeling the cover. It looks like its from the 80s, and of some one hit wonder... cant put my finger on it.
It's the pink

The fluoro is reminiscent of the 80s
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20651
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:21 pm

I'm curious to see what the ORIGINAL photo looked like, before the blue filter was applied
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20651
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby 4realmusic » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:38 pm

TwistedFantasy wrote:Oh wow. It looks AMAZING. I really need the sticker to be on the cover.
I like the sticker as well, I just hope that it's not an actual sticker on the exterior of the case, I'd rather have it just be printed as part of the image.

You're one broken jewel case away from missing part of the artwork with a real sticker.
User avatar
4realmusic
Roadie
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:51 pm

Mariahs face is flawless!
Just a perfect face. Her features. Her skin. Everthing!
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20651
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby mm2912 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:54 pm

Screaming

User avatar
mm2912
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016

Postby lamb014 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:01 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
#dead
User avatar
lamb014
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014
Location: Brazil

Postby SpyVsSpy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:12 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:
SpyVsSpy wrote:Hmm im not feeling the cover. It looks like its from the 80s, and of some one hit wonder... cant put my finger on it.
It's the pink

The fluoro is reminiscent of the 80s
The look is also something I’d expect from sinitta or grace jones
User avatar
SpyVsSpy
Superstar
 
Posts: 6845
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008

Postby Mckenry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:33 am

I think there will be swearing all over that is why they call it Caution.

Love the cover. She's finally/slowly departing from her comfort zone.
User avatar
Mckenry
Manager
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014
Location: 7641 Island Paradise

Postby hmm101 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:33 am

hmm101
Roadie
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018

Postby Mckenry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:37 am

HerSweetLullaby wrote:Image
Gorg!!!!

This looks like a modern MC cover art married Butterfly cover art.
User avatar
Mckenry
Manager
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014
Location: 7641 Island Paradise

Postby Mckenry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:42 am

Wayne wrote:Moderation Notice

For the good of the topic, and because I believe he's central to many of the issues I see here, I've opted to apply a 1 month ban to gunman6 - this isn't due to him having a conflicting opinion or due to him having a negative opinion. But because his comments are overly abrasive and I would argue he chooses to be overly negative excessively and arguably baits other users as a result, it can often create a toxic environment in the topic - hence the 1 month ban.

The 1 month ban is purposeful - he should be back just in time for the new album release! - and upon his return, he'll be given a final chance to adapt to UKMIX. But if he doesn't, he's done here for good.

If you have any queries, please raise them with bm08 or myself (preferably bm08 as he's the boss when it comes to Mariah :lol: And he is of course doing a brilliant job).

PS - love the album cover.
The best thing a moderator did in a while. Thanks Wayne.
User avatar
Mckenry
Manager
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014
Location: 7641 Island Paradise

Postby Marchum » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:43 am

am1 wrote:Did a quick lil mock up of what the CD could look like...

Image
Holy cow.
Goddess.
Marchum
Manager
 
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018
Location: Cali

Postby Yerac » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:48 am

Mckenry wrote:
Wayne wrote:Moderation Notice

For the good of the topic, and because I believe he's central to many of the issues I see here, I've opted to apply a 1 month ban to gunman6 - this isn't due to him having a conflicting opinion or due to him having a negative opinion. But because his comments are overly abrasive and I would argue he chooses to be overly negative excessively and arguably baits other users as a result, it can often create a toxic environment in the topic - hence the 1 month ban.

The 1 month ban is purposeful - he should be back just in time for the new album release! - and upon his return, he'll be given a final chance to adapt to UKMIX. But if he doesn't, he's done here for good.

If you have any queries, please raise them with bm08 or myself (preferably bm08 as he's the boss when it comes to Mariah :lol: And he is of course doing a brilliant job).

PS - love the album cover.
The best thing a moderator did in a while. Thanks Wayne.
User avatar
Yerac
Roadie
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018

Postby hmm101 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:49 am

hmm101 wrote:If someone wants to try Mariah's Marinara sauce:

Mariah Carey Vs. Kourtney Kardashian: Whose Tomato Sauce Is Better?


https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/ ... VJ?ocid=st
Last edited by hmm101 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmm101
Roadie
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018

Postby lambie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:50 am

Shaka wrote:
Z0rzi wrote:I'm LIVING for the color palette this era. 8-)
+1

The new Queen Of Visuals.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
this era has been managed so professionally, its refreshing
something Mariah has lacked since 09-10

I also love how the photos are subtly photoshoped, nothing extra or unrealistic
lambie
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014

Postby lambie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:51 am

I also watched someone of the Malaysian performances and I must say- mariahs voice sounds SO healthy and full
honestly the best since 2005
I hear minimal straining and little to no nasal tone (as in many parts of 2014-2017)
she really sounds well rested
lambie
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014

Postby Mckenry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:53 am

BreathlesslyFervid wrote:
am1 wrote:Did a quick lil mock up of what the CD could look like...

Image
THAT looks amazing!
Wow. It looks premium!
User avatar
Mckenry
Manager
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014
Location: 7641 Island Paradise

Postby Gutter » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:53 am

WOW looks amazing! So good it brought me back to UKmix :lol:
Laissez Faire
User avatar
Gutter
Manager
 
Posts: 1446
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016
Location: Louisiana Tech University

Postby jr588 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:54 am

Not sure if this has been posted, but Bublé has confirmed he is NOT retiring, so maybe a little more hope for the lambs in 11/16 lol

https://usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/n ... money/amp/
jr588
Roadie
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015

Postby Mckenry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:55 am

Gutter wrote:WOW looks amazing! So good it brought me back to UKmix :lol:
Hahaha those eyes.
User avatar
Mckenry
Manager
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014
Location: 7641 Island Paradise

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:01 am

jr588 wrote:Not sure if this has been posted, but Bublé has confirmed he is NOT retiring, so maybe a little more hope for the lambs in 11/16 lol

https://usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/n ... money/amp/
He is still a force.

And his core demographic are loyal soccer moms that will buy his CD when they see it on the shelves

Mariah has the streaming edge (if she releases a club banger)
Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
User avatar
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend
 
Posts: 20651
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010

Postby skywalker » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:02 am

This tweet by popcrave got more than 1.800 likes! Nice!
“MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
-Jermaine Dupri
User avatar
skywalker
Manager
 
Posts: 3386
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015

Return to General Artists Discussion