Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Have you read the MariahMix announcement < click for link?

Yes, I've read it.
78%
No, but will read it soon.
22%

Total votes : 85

Postby Ashank » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:13 am

stevyy wrote:
mariahmatherspacker wrote:
stevyy wrote:If Riri wouldn't be a direct threat for Mariah's #1's record, I could appreciate her more. But the way she expresses her inner lamb is always a pleasure to see. She likes Mariah, Mariah likes her. That's lovely.
She won’t touch Mariah’s record. The last few eras she’s only managed one #1 per album, she’s maybe got 1-2 more #1s left in her at most before hitting her mid/late thirties.
In this day and age... she will get MASSIVE streams especially teaming up with the hottest males, I smell another Drake collaboration which will probably stay at #1 for 10-14 weeks. Another #1 with cardi 5-6 weeks, another #1 with Kendrick 3-4 weeks, another #1 solo, another #1 with someone else, and another #1 with someone else.

I think the limit for her is 25-30 #1 singles in the United States.

Mariah will be lucky to reach 19 with AIWFCIY.

But that's all fine. I look at #1's as if they were Tennis Grand Slam Titles. And Mariah has been the Steffi Graf of music. Madonna being the Navratilova and maybe Rihanna will become the Serena.
I see what you did there :D
25-30 #1
I do think Riri can surpass MC record by 1.
But Mimi still has some other records to break.
Baby too much is never enough. More and more 'til we both overflow...
Ashank
Personal Assistant

Postby gunman6 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:36 am

Lamhe wrote:"Caution" must be the next single. Should be sent to radio and have a video. It has potential to be a hit.
and Caution remix feat Drake should happen too...
"Be safe, be honest, be careful" - Morgan Carey
gunman6
Manager

Postby bm08 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 am

I find it funny how Mariah goes completely undetected for days or weeks at a time every year. It usually happens around January too. Lol
bm08
Moderator - Mariah Carey Topic

Postby ForeverYoung » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:42 am

Who else is here for a Caution EP? I want more songs, Queen really delivered with this album.

Make Open Me (Like A Bottle) a reality, sis!
ForeverYoung
Manager

Postby rashmimimi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:47 am

bm08 wrote:I find it funny how Mariah goes completely undetected for days or weeks at a time every year. It usually happens around January too. Lol
I hope she's busy with something Caution related!
rashmimimi
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:47 am

ForeverYoung wrote:Who else is here for a Caution EP? I want more songs, Queen really delivered with this album.

Make Open Me (Like A Bottle) a reality, sis!
gunman6
Manager

Postby mariahmatherspacker » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:55 am

No doubt shit went down with Tommy and he clearly scarred Mariah for life, but what I always wondered is if it was really that bad then why write about missing & loving him on Petals several years after the divorce?

And no, Rihanna won’t break Mariah’s record. She’s now in her thirties and will soon find herself in Katy Perry territory. Streaming didn’t save Anti. She probably will have many more top 5-10’s tho.
mariahmatherspacker
Groupie

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:29 am

bm08 wrote:I find it funny Foolish how Mariah goes completely undetected for days or weeks at a time every year. It usually happens around January too.
Mariah just had the MOST SUCCESSFUL Christmas season in her entire career.
And suddenly she is elusive...... :roll: :roll:

If Mariah/Sony were smart, they would capitalize on the positivity, hype and momentum of Christmas
"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby Eamon » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:45 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:
bm08 wrote:I find it funny Foolish how Mariah goes completely undetected for days or weeks at a time every year. It usually happens around January too.

If Mariah/Sony were smart, they would capitalize on the positivity, hype and momentum of Christmas
Christmas is done dahhling. Regardless of how successful her Christmas music has been, pushing a non Christmas single off the back of a 25 year old Christmas classic isn’t going to have any effect. They are two very separate aspects of her career now.

The only “momentum” Sony has at their disposable with Mariah is to throw cash at a single and that is not likely to happen.
Last edited by Eamon on Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eamon
Legend

Postby eloyc » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:15 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:

I think that's precisely the reason why she's enjoying a well deserved rest. 8-)
They'll never find a way, tomatoes fade away
eloyc
Groupie

Postby Wayne » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:08 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT

At the end of this month, the way UKMIX discusses Mariah is going to change.

As you might've seen, there are going to be some changes to UKMIX - to enable these changes to occur, the site will be taken offline for a few days. I would encourage you all to familiarise yourselves with the aforementioned, linked topic.

As part of those changes, I will also be trialling something new - with our Mariah Carey community at the heart of it all. It's no secret that you - our Mariah Carey community - are a large part of what drives UKMIX forward. Just look at the stats for the last three months: hundreds of posters have contributed almost 40,000 posts and the Mariah topic alone has had a million page views in that time frame. This is clearly an area we can grow further and improve. And that's where the concept of MariahMix comes into play.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've consulted with 20 different Mariah fans and sought their feedback, and over the 3 months prior to that, I've consulted with around 50 other posters to help provide a balanced view: is MariahMix a good or bad concept? What we've decided is to give the concept of MariahMix a go. Essentially, Mariah will have her own forum within the new UKMIX called MariahMix. It will be accessed like this:

We will move away from a single discussion topic, towards a similar operating model to FOMM - individual topics to discuss individual issues. We're yet to fully determine the guidelines but the general principle will be: if there's a Mariah news story, it gets its own topic. We might have a topic opened to discuss her Twitter updates, we might have a topic opened that pits Mariah songs against each other (a Mariah only version of our historic UKMIX favourite game Soundclash), we might have a topic opened to discuss the most recent events in the Stella/Mariah legal battle etc. To help keep discussions in check, the forum will have an archiving system to ensure only the most up to date discussions are visible (we're yet to decide what this looks like but it might be that topics that haven't had a reply in 2 weeks get archived). Longer term, I will also be looking to add a Mariah-meets-UKMIX style to UKMIX (so that those that want to have a Mariah custom style instead of the traditional UKMIX style will be able to select it).

Now, one caveat that I want to be open about upfront - as part of launching the new UKMIX, we will be introducing a new Premium User facility to help fund the site. This will help support with keeping the site online. With MariahMix, only Premium Users will be able to open new topics and only Premium Users will be able to select the Mariah themed style once it's designed and live (Standard Users will still be able to participate in all of the discussions though). The cost of premium membership will be in the region of $12 per year (US $ if international or £12 if you're UK based) and it will give you access to between 30-40 enhanced functionalities (some of which are documented below):

In a nutshell, our Premium Users will drive discussion in MariahMix.

In terms of moderation, bm08 will continue and will be the sole moderator of MariahMix - we've agreed that should the need arise, we will appoint another moderator at a later date. We will hopefully be able to share the guidelines for MariahMix prior to the forum going offline on 25th January - if you have any suggestions or would like to feed into those guidelines with ideas, please message bm08 or myself. We will be reviewing the progress of MariahMix 3 months post introduction to see how things are going and at that point, we'll seek your feedback on how we can improve things further.

Whilst I appreciate this may not be to everyone's liking, the general view among the Mariah fans surveyed was overwhelmingly positive and I would ask that any negative views are constructive. I'll post further details on the Premium User functionality in due course (including details on how you can purchase this option, should you wish). Any queries, let us know!

I want everyone to see this announcement, so I will be creating a poll to draw people's attention to it for a few days.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby stevyy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Mariah Carey's biggest songs on Spotify: 01/03/2019 - 01/11/2019

01 - 487,985,809 - +1,504,912 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
02 - 150,115,684 - +1,394,398 - 2005 - We Belong Together
03 - 108,079,170 - +767,788 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
04 - 72,196,299 - +700,009 - 2003 - I Know what you Want
05 - 67,752,990 - +189,726 - 2013 - #Beautiful
06 - 66,771,530 - +740,739 - 1993 - Hero
07 - 63,817,202 - +464,692 - 1995 - Fantasy
08 - 60,404,156 - +512,461 - 1994 - Without You
09 - 51,684,229 - +142,243 - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
10 - 49,591,804 - +470,759 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
stevyy
Legend

Postby DOSSOME » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Yas @ MariahMix
Last edited by DOSSOME on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOSSOME
Legend

Postby DNK » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:21 pm

MariahMix :)
Great idea!

your faves could NEVER!
© SINS :D
Mariah Carey best singer of all time
DNK
Personal Assistant

Postby mariahcareygreece » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:24 pm

This is a great idea honestly, it's gonna be amazing
Caution ;)
mariahcareygreece
Groupie

Postby lambforever » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Great idea guys ! #MariahMix
How bout you..GTFO
lambforever
Manager

Postby MCPH » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:41 pm

"Similar operating model to FOMM"
"Standard users won't be able to open new topics"

If people were so excited about the FOMM model they would sign up to FOMM. Most of us aren't fans of FOMM - it isn't without reason they have like 10 users left who seem bored most of the time.

It's clear now that UKMIX is looking to monetise the platform instead of just covering the costs of running it, otherwise opening new topics would be for everyone. With this segregation you're forming 1 big clique, who will then decide the talking points, empowering them to shut down standard users they don't agree with and within a year you'll find that you have 10 users left, see FOMM. MariahMix will drive out fans of other artists, when the opposite should be focussed on.

All you had to do was adding a donation option, update the functionality and start attracting other fan bases, but at the core of it all is money, simply covered up by a bunch of excuses, trying to make the Mariah fans feel special but it's all just fishing bait.
MCPH
Personal Assistant

Postby bm08 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:53 pm

MCPH wrote:"
All you had to do was adding a donation option
How much will you be donating?
bm08

Postby delapuerta » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Yasss MariahMix!! I think I'll be a premium user, I need the block button lol
delapuerta
Manager

Postby delapuerta » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:56 pm

MCPH wrote:"Similar operating model to FOMM"
"Standard users won't be able to open new topics"

If people were so excited about the FOMM model they would sign up to FOMM. Most of us aren't fans of FOMM - it isn't without reason they have like 10 users left who seem bored most of the time.

It's clear now that UKMIX is looking to monetise the platform instead of just covering the costs of running it, otherwise opening new topics would be for everyone. With this segregation you're forming 1 big clique, who will then decide the talking points, empowering them to shut down standard users they don't agree with and within a year you'll find that you have 10 users left, see FOMM. MariahMix will drive out fans of other artists, when the opposite should be focussed on.

All you had to do was adding a donation option, update the functionality and start attracting other fan bases, but at the core of it all is money, simply covered up by a bunch of excuses, trying to make the Mariah fans feel special but it's all just fishing bait.
We're talking $12 per year
delapuerta
Manager

Postby bm08 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:57 pm

The Songwriter's Hall of Fame has once again snubbed Mariah. Oh dear!

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/missy ... 203106102/
bm08

Postby stevyy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Mariah will never ever get inducted.
stevyy
Legend

Postby gunman6 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:06 pm

delapuerta wrote:Yasss MariahMix!! I think I'll be a premium user, I need the block button lol
OMG this is unfair... please don't block me :lol:
gunman6
Manager

Postby Hoodriah » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:08 pm

bm08 wrote:The Songwriter's Hall of Fame has once again snubbed Mariah. Oh dear!

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/missy ... 203106102/
are they **** serious?! i like Missy bur they have to be kidding me if they're inducting her before Mariah. the industry really hates Mariah
Somebody's doing the wrong note.
Hoodriah
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:08 pm

OMG I think i have to be a premium user too to protect myself :lol:
gunman6
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion