Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, Benjamin, stevyy

Postby shanghaichica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:This performance is EPIC! :cry:

One of my favorite performances ever!
The production is on point.
Mariah looks flawless.
The crowd is feeling it.

This needs to be uploaded on VEVO

This is the Mariah i miss.....just stand there SANG and deliver like no one else can.
People moaned that it was lipped but I don't care she slayef this performance.
For the Nostalgia if nothing else
shanghaichica
Manager

Postby careybling » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 am

MIMIxAyu wrote:Aww Carrie Underwood said if she could swap lives with anyone in the world it would be Mariah. She said cause she's faboulous regardless of the NYE performance. :lol:
https://instagram.com/p/BPGYAhpAKCm/
Yas, Carrie! Stan and shut that shady reporter down!

gunman6 wrote:Image

Her smile was everything :cry:
Was? But this was literally last year, she still looks like this. :lol: And yes she looks gorgeous.
"So starry eyed
On the flowery hillside
Breathless and fervid
Amid the dandelions"
careybling
Manager

Postby Instinct » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 am

gunman6 wrote:Image

Her smile was everything :cry:
Isnt this a few months old? Why 'was'?
Instinct
Manager

Postby allygdale » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:05 am

Wow it is crazy how much her nodules improved between "Butterfly" and "Through The Rain" raw acapellas! :o

https://app.box.com/s/qkp186sm3jw6n2ci7xjn0xl75klrjzlz
★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ hotter than cable tv ~ like something out of your dreams ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫
allygdale
Manager

Postby careybling » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:12 am

allygdale wrote:Wow it is crazy how much her nodules improved between "Butterfly" and "Through The Rain" raw acapellas! :o

Omg, beautiful. :cry:
"So starry eyed
On the flowery hillside
Breathless and fervid
Amid the dandelions"
careybling
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:22 am

allygdale wrote:Wow it is crazy how much her nodules improved between "Butterfly" and "Through The Rain" raw acapellas! :o

Come thru with the gold, ally! :o

Her belts on this song sound the best on CB, I just hate some of the whispers and cut and paste :evil: I love hearing her pull the mic away/move her head away from the mic on some belts
F**k off and lose my number. You are an idiot. Mariah is on fire.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby careybling » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:26 am

eternally12 wrote:

Come thru with the gold, ally! :o

Her belts on this song sound the best on CB, I just hate some of the whispers and cut and paste :evil: I love hearing her pull the mic away/move her head away from the mic on some belts
The cut and paste is so obvious on this acapella lmao, while the Butterfly one sounds like it was done in one take for the most part. But both are flawless. :cry:

I wish Mariah would release actual footage of her recording some of those belts in the studio. :cry:
"So starry eyed
On the flowery hillside
Breathless and fervid
Amid the dandelions"
careybling
Manager

Postby allygdale » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:27 am

careybling wrote:

I never knew the extent of the Butterfly vocal damage until I compared the whisper vocals in that one to Through The Rain! :(

I wish Through The Rain was more full voice but the clarity does not come through in the studio version like the acapella

Some damage must have happened in 96 and her voice did not repair fullly until Charmbracelet tour but for sure it was getting better gradually with Glitter and Charmbracelet, Charmbracelet was just too much whisper
★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ hotter than cable tv ~ like something out of your dreams ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫
allygdale
Manager

Postby Gravity » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:29 am

eternally12 wrote:Getting my life from Camouflage at the moment. Lyrical masterpiece and an emotional roller coaster. A live performance of this at the Grammys with BJW and her three backup singers would eradicate poverty.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I love Camouflage! It's a huge grower.
"Every song, of course, sounds a little like another song, except possibly for Wuthering Heights."
-Marcus Berkmann, Spectator
Gravity
Manager

Postby careybling » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 am

allygdale wrote:
careybling wrote:

I never knew the extent of the Butterfly vocal damage until I compared the whisper vocals in that one to Through The Rain! :(

I wish Through The Rain was more full voice but the clarity does not come through in the studio version like the acapella

Some damage must have happened in 96 and her voice did not repair fullly until Charmbracelet tour but for sure it was getting better gradually with Glitter and Charmbracelet, Charmbracelet was just too much whisper
1997-2000 she was getting used to her new raspy vocals and re-learning how to use her instrument. Starting from 2001 I think she came to terms with her new sound and her voice matured beautifully and then she had her second peak in 2003. :cry:
"So starry eyed
On the flowery hillside
Breathless and fervid
Amid the dandelions"
careybling
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:31 am

Yeah there was definitely damage done each year to her voice, especially during the recording of virtually every studio album in the 90s. The damage is definitely most prevalent in Butterfly and Rainbow vocals. It's good that she took a bit of time off in the Glitter era and regained virtually everything consistently on the CB tour. It's just a shame her voice was overused again on TEOM.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby allygdale » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:44 am

eternally12 wrote:Yeah there was definitely damage done each year to her voice, especially during the recording of virtually every studio album in the 90s. The damage is definitely most prevalent in Butterfly and Rainbow vocals. It's good that she took a bit of time off in the Glitter era and regained virtually everything consistently on the CB tour. It's just a shame her voice was overused again on TEOM.
Omg so did you know that she was off pitch on butterfly too? Maybe not but when you run Butterfly through auto tune on low settings it sounds like an Oh Santa whisper and Heavenly mess! I prefer it without!!

I wonder if the vibrato in her whisper is just too much for auto tune to handle and she's not really as off pitch as it thinks?
allygdale
Manager

Postby tifetqueen » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:46 am

I wish Mariah could do something like John Legend's Love Me Now or Ed Sheeran's Shape Of You.
tifetqueen
Manager

Postby allygdale » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:49 am

Oh my god I am listening to Heavenly and I love it but my lord that auto tune is a hot mess! Her voice was in the same condition on One More Try but it is so much better because there is less auto tune
allygdale
Manager

Postby allygdale » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:50 am

tifetqueen wrote:I wish Mariah could do something like John Legend's Love Me Now or Ed Sheeran's Shape Of You.
Oh hell no Mariah ain't touching that tropical shit :lol:
allygdale
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:50 am

Mariah Carey’s manager was always hungry for fame

Long before she managed Mariah Carey, Stella Bulochnikov was a standup comedian. :o

Going by her married name, Stella Stolper, the tough-talking Russian native competed on Season 4 of “Last Comic Standing” while pregnant with her second child.

In a clip from an episode that aired June 20, 2006, she jokes about her pregnancy, telling the crowd, “I love the babies! I want to have more kids, really, I do! I just can’t take the pain, and the nausea and all that weight. And I’m not talking about the nine months of being pregnant, I’m talking about the two minutes the old man’s on top of me.”

Unfortunately for Bulochnikov, the audience couldn’t take her jokes: She was voted off in the same episode. :lol:

Her efforts at comedy stardom may lend credence to rumors that Bulochnikov, an experienced TV producer and the mastermind behind “Mariah’s World,” is eager for her own fame.

“Stella is the one who really wants to be the reality star. She even filmed a pilot for herself last year,” an insider who used to work with the self-proclaimed “Russian dictator” previously told Page Six. “This will likely be more of a TV launching vehicle for her. It’s going to be like the Stella show, which is what she’s always wanted. She is definitely very much out for herself, and this is a golden opportunity for her because she wants to be famous. She wants to be the one in the magazines.” :lol:

The source added, “Stella is the furthest thing from a manager. She’s a TV producer. She’s practically moved in with Mariah and now she has so much stuff on her that she can get her to do anything. She’s pulling the strings, and Mariah does whatever she says.”

http://pagesix.com/2017/01/05/mariah-careys-manager-was-always-hungry-for-fame/

:lol:
Last edited by gunman6 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The greedy and incompetent Stella and her pack of idiots, #FireTheGoats
gunman6
Manager

Postby tifetqueen » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:52 am

allygdale wrote:
tifetqueen wrote:I wish Mariah could do something like John Legend's Love Me Now or Ed Sheeran's Shape Of You.
Oh hell no Mariah ain't touching that tropical shit :lol:
:lol:
I know this is a repeat, but honestly I'm not here for another Infinity dreeeeyyyyaaaammmmmm, nor Triumphant and Co. Nope. :wink:
tifetqueen
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:53 am

allygdale wrote:Oh my god I am listening to Heavenly and I love it but my lord that auto tune is a hot mess! Her voice was in the same condition on One More Try but it is so much better because there is less auto tune
Her voice is especially grating on those last three tracks on MIAMTEC. Such a shame! And the melodyne and pitch shifting is ridiculous and she sounds so dry :oops: I used to love heavenly and did warm up to OMT for a while but now I just skip them again :oops:
eternally12
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:56 am

allygdale wrote:
eternally12 wrote:Yeah there was definitely damage done each year to her voice, especially during the recording of virtually every studio album in the 90s. The damage is definitely most prevalent in Butterfly and Rainbow vocals. It's good that she took a bit of time off in the Glitter era and regained virtually everything consistently on the CB tour. It's just a shame her voice was overused again on TEOM.
Omg so did you know that she was off pitch on butterfly too? Maybe not but when you run Butterfly through auto tune on low settings it sounds like an Oh Santa whisper and Heavenly mess! I prefer it without!!

I wonder if the vibrato in her whisper is just too much for auto tune to handle and she's not really as off pitch as it thinks?
I always prefer her voice raw like on Butterfly! Which part are you referencing specifically?

Also wasn't Mariah one of the first people to trial melodyne software back in 1999 before it was released to a wider audience? I read that somewhere. It's particularly prevalent in the CTTA Morales remix which sounds more like auto tune than subtle melodyne though it's probably an old version
eternally12
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:07 am

eternally12
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:09 am

Lmao this performance, and the glasses are too much :lol:

Literally the #QueenOfJapan

And that mic drop at 3:17 >>>
eternally12
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:14 am

The reaction to Jamaica though
eternally12
Superstar

Postby tifetqueen » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:26 am

tifetqueen
Manager

Postby allygdale » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:28 am

eternally12 wrote:
allygdale wrote:

I always prefer her voice raw like on Butterfly! Which part are you referencing specifically?

Also wasn't Mariah one of the first people to trial melodyne software back in 1999 before it was released to a wider audience? I read that somewhere. It's particularly prevalent in the CTTA Morales remix which sounds more like auto tune than subtle melodyne though it's probably an old version
She used auto tune on the last couple of albums, maybe she switched over? I will see if I can do some again
allygdale
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:39 am

Pretty sure Mariah loves Aerosmith based on the amount of pictures she's had with Steven Tyler! I'd love for her to tap into other genres more often
eternally12
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion