Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Three Years of Mariah's Residency @ The Beacon Theater: Which Year Had The Best Performances?

Beacon 2014
66%
Beacon 2015
21%
Beacon 2016
12%

Total votes : 89

Postby SawyerHewitt » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:56 pm

eternally12 wrote:
ajam wrote:#Beautiful, YDKWTD and especially DEDICATED are the golden trifecta from MIAM and some of her best work ever, period. (Make it look good and Camouflage - honorable mentions).
Faded, Dedicated and #Beautiful are her best trinity on an album since Butterfly.
YAAAAAAS!!!
100% AGREED.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Instinct wrote:
gunman6 wrote:Image

Her smile was everything :cry:
Isnt this a few months old? Why 'was'?

Because every day she is like a different person :(
"Be safe, be honest, be careful" - Morgan Carey
gunman6
Manager

Postby 05musicbox » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:13 pm

allygdale wrote:
eternally12 wrote:
allygdale wrote:Wow it is crazy how much her nodules improved between "Butterfly" and "Through The Rain" raw acapellas! :o

https://app.box.com/s/qkp186sm3jw6n2ci7xjn0xl75klrjzlz
Come thru with the gold, ally! :o

Her belts on this song sound the best on CB, I just hate some of the whispers and cut and paste :evil: I love hearing her pull the mic away/move her head away from the mic on some belts
Reup! :D
Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!
AsaPUKE ing bola
king lalam ning TETE
05musicbox
Roadie

Postby AlmondBreeze » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:26 pm

I now realise I actually prefer Glitter to Charmy. Yes, I dislike Always-Whisper-riah that much. It's like straining to listen to someone whispering at you all the time - you just want to shake them and shriek "speak up goddammit!"
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby MIMIxAyu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:51 pm

We all know goodbyes will always lead to new hellos
MIMIxAyu
Manager

Postby intosoul » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:00 pm

intosoul
Superstar

Postby dhenapie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:12 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:I now realise I actually prefer Glitter to Charmy. Yes, I dislike Always-Whisper-riah that much. It's like straining to listen to someone whispering at you all the time - you just want to shake them and shriek "speak up goddammit!"
+1

However, I do believe if the whole CB was sung in full voice, it could've easily been among her best records. I mean, it's a lyrical masterpiece. I don't know what she was thinking as she was in great shape, vocally, around that time. But CB was a poor representation of what she's capable of.
dhenapie
Manager

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:18 pm

dhenapie wrote:I do believe if the whole CB was sung in full voice, it could've easily been among her best records. I mean, it's a lyrical masterpiece. I don't know what she was thinking as she was in great shape, vocally, around that time.
Agreed. Glitter is better in that regard, but if CB was full voice then it would be one of her greatest records.

Another reason might be that whispery vocals in RnB music was very popular at the time. However she overdid it with CB imo
There is nothing like having #fun #fearless #strong #women in your #life
eternally12
Superstar

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Would love for her to do more intimate sets like this despite the lipping. Her lipping facials were quite good in the CB era and realistic.

Lmao I can't at Melonie's face at 2:58 when she forgets what she's meant to be lipping to. And her side eyeing Mariah during the whole thing :lol: Trey is also really bad at lipping.
Last edited by eternally12 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eternally12
Superstar

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:32 pm

darnellabc wrote:The only reason I would want another season of Mariah's World is if it focused on her creating a new album or something music related and not so much about everything else.
I'll watch ANY documentary Mariah produces under any umbrella, be it music or TV and film. Maybe she'll finally write her autobiography soon? I'd love to see anything like that. I'll even watch her go to court if that's what it is!
Follow Moi På Twitter: Me. I Am...goatBuster©
Dandelion
Manager

Postby dancamz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:34 pm

eternally12 wrote:Would love for her to do more intimate sets like this despite the lipping. Her lipping facials were quite good in the CB era and realistic.

Lmao I can't at Melonie's face at 2:58 when she forgets what she's meant to be lipping to. And her side eyeing Mariah during the whole thing :lol: Trey is also really bad at lipping.
It's crazy how much the combination of the backing singers voices sounds exactly like Mariah's voice :roll: lol jk but it is funny that they seriously thought it was cool to try pass off blatant Mariah backing vocals from the album track as the backing singers haha
dancamz
Personal Assistant

Postby eternally12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:39 pm

^It's a shame because they sounded really good harmonising with her in TTR! I guess Mariah doesn't trust anyone to be able to remember all of her background parts perfectly in songs like Yours
eternally12
Superstar

Postby tifetqueen » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:42 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:I now realise I actually prefer Glitter to Charmy. Yes, I dislike Always-Whisper-riah that much. It's like straining to listen to someone whispering at you all the time - you just want to shake them and shriek "speak up goddammit!"
THIS!!!!! CB sh*ts on MOAIA, E=MC2 and even on MIAM lyrically and melody-wise. Had it been sung in full voice AND with a better production...honey, we'd have a true masterpiece at all levels.

Note: I'm a huge fan of the Glitter album. She should acknowledge it more often.
tifetqueen
Manager

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:42 pm

SpyVsSpy wrote:This is the mariah and stella thread. Please keep other artistes out of it.
La la la la la la la... I sing too! :lol:
Dandelion
Manager

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:50 pm

LambChild wrote:
Dandelion wrote:
MCPH wrote:
ajam wrote:was just casually checking replies to Mariah's tweets and was pleasantly surprised how anti-Stella/management they were. For some reason I thought majority would be pro-stella but i guess everyone has already seen the light. This is GOOD!
Yay, so GOOD - just what we want, Mariah to fire another manager, getting dragged by the media again, find someone else, and realise in 10 months that there's still no new music and nothing has changed...

All to please Twitter trolls and UK mixers with absolutely zero sense of what it's like to run a brand/business.
Let's be real. Probably ALL of those social media accounts @tting Mariah with the 'fire Stella now' demands are connected to the various exes in her life. How many of UKMix's own Stella haters would dare tell Mariah to her face to fire Stella? I'd pay good money to see how that would play out :D
I would dare you to tell Mariah to her face the awful things you've said about both her ex husbands especially the father of her children.... and see how that one plays out :D
What awful things have I EVER said about St Nick 1 and St Nick 2 that Mariah or anyone sane would disagree with? I'd be more concerned for the people constantly campaigning for her to reunite with Tommy (professionally) or Nick (romantically). Both of them have abused Mariah, emotionally and mentally. Receipts are on video and witnesses are plenty. Quote me.
Dandelion
Manager

Postby heartlocked » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Crackiswack wrote:
SmartIsNewSexy wrote:LA reid has a a Horrible track record of choosing singles the last few years

I dont trust him choosing the next single.....
Well it's better than Mishka doing the honor
Well, she's the most qualified for the job because she's 12, she knows what the kids what to hear /s :roll:
M A R I A H
heartlocked
Manager

Postby EAI » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Ally, where did you find the AIWFCIY acapella without the background singers? The closest thing I have to that is the acoustic version.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:07 pm

careybling wrote:
MIMIxAyu wrote:Aww Carrie Underwood said if she could swap lives with anyone in the world it would be Mariah. She said cause she's faboulous regardless of the NYE performance. :lol:
https://instagram.com/p/BPGYAhpAKCm/
Yas, Carrie! Stan and shut that shady reporter down!

gunman6 wrote:Image

Was? But this was literally last year, she still looks like this. :lol: And yes she looks gorgeous.
Instinct wrote:
gunman6 wrote:
Isnt this a few months old? Why 'was'?
It's called a Backhanded Compliment and the Mariah Carey thread is full of similar paper-cut disses about her looks and vocals. It's ALWAYS being told how useless or worthless Mariah has supposedly become and they use her own music or pictures to talk mess about how much better she was, sometimes as late as 5 minutes ago! :lol: They NEVER like anything she does in the moment it's always Idol this, or charmbracelet that or debut this or Music box that. :roll:

Sad yet predictable...

But we love Carrie Underwood for having integrity and compassion. She's a really nice person aside from being an amazing singing and songwriting talent!
Dandelion
Manager

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm

andy001 wrote:2017 could have started off amazingly with lots of positive energy. Instead we have Mariah who is humiliated and wants time out.

Great! Thanks whoever it is who's fault it was. I hope she comes back feeling better and takes time to absorb herself in more new music.
Mariah will always get through it a better person, artist and businesswoman. I'd be more worried about anyone who isn't on Team Mariah. They are NOT playing!
Dandelion
Manager

Postby MCPH » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:30 pm

MIMIxAyu wrote:https://youtu.be/HBmSPq-DyeA
Omfg lmao
OMG :lol: :lol: :lol:

6:13 - 7:55 = MIC DROP!!!
MCPH
Personal Assistant

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm

MCPH wrote:
Lewisus wrote:
MCPH wrote:
Lewisus wrote:Maybe her team are gone. Stella, Mishka etc, why else would state she's done with events & social media, all of which Stella & co are in charge of. I hope so & I'm glad she's taking a break. She sounds sad.
Sounds more like she's preparing herself to sue DCP. The core message was about NYE and how much she's affected by their negligence.
Don't think she'll sue. She's had no loss of earnings or anything. I said what I said because she didn't need to state about taking a break because she rarely goes to events anyway & social media isn't something that takes time or even her time. I just hope she sees that it's not actually DCP fault entirely & it was Stella's responsibility to not let her go on if she thought the technology wasn't working. Stella is just to blame as much as DCP. & if Mariah doesn't see that then there's no hope.

She didn't mention Dubai in Feb?
She did mention "professional obligations".

After listening to it again I'm more convinced that this week the headline will be "Mariah Carey files lawsuit against dick clark productions" rather than "Mariah fires team", other than "I'm going to focus on myself" she didn't mention her team at all.

DCP were aware of the issues and they did nothing to solve it - they easily could've changed the broadcast for the West Coast.

She's had no loss of earnings, but she has been scrutinised by the media affecting her brand.
At some point DCP will have to explain both their actions AND their inactions. That much is clear. Mariah has abundant receipts and common sense to back up her story and foiling claims.

I'd love the explanation DCP and ABCD come up with for why EVERY OTHER PERFORMANCE went off without a hitch but then they suddenly dropped the ball for their HEADLINER?

How come they didn't just take the working in-ear packs of some of the other artists, like Gloria Estefan, and temporarily hook Mariah up? Every question just begs an additional question and that's not a good look...
Dandelion
Manager

Postby Dandelion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:43 pm

EAI wrote:
Dandelion wrote:
EAI wrote:Don't worry about that user, she'll self destruct on her own.
Hi Melania! :lol:
The irony of it all is that when you said it to me, you're the one who got banned for 72 hours. At the rate that you are going, you are fixing to get banned again. It makes more sense when I say it, because it's true.
Dandelion
Manager

Postby Crackiswack » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:49 pm

I don't even have to read the usernames of some users, I already know who it is by their posts!
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby lush » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm

MARIAH CAREY'S MANAGER
RESPONDS TO TOMMY
MOTTOLA'S OPEN LETTER
(EXCLUSIVE)

In the latest issue of In Touch, Mariah Carey’s manager defends herself following the New Year’s Eve fiasco, and slams the star’s ex-husband, Tommy Mottola, for his open letter.

A few days after Mariah’s disastrous performance on Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin' Eve, Tommy Mottola, former Sony Music chief who launched her career in the ’90s, penned an open letter to his ex-wife advising her to “hire more seasoned and respected professionals to help her with her career.”

Mariah’s current manager Stella Bulochnikov defends herself, saying, “How dare he! Whose career has he managed in 15 years? He couldn’t walk a day in our shoes. We work our asses off. I wear bigger heels than his b---s.”

“Since I started working with her, Mariah has had nothing but unbridled success,” she continues.

“Her career has not taken a hit. Everything that she has touched since I started managing her has been a huge success.”

For more on this, pick up the latest issue of In Touch

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/mari ... ter-122866
lush
Superstar

Postby EAI » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Stella is obviously threatened and insecure. She is trying so hard to validate herself and prove herself to be worthy. One statement was enough.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion