Mariah Carey

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Three Years of Mariah's Residency @ The Beacon Theater: Which Year Had The Best Performances?

Beacon 2014
67%
Beacon 2015
20%
Beacon 2016
13%

Total votes : 88

Postby MonaBlissa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Tanaka needs to be a full-time boyfriend, and let go from her staff.
MonaBlissa
Manager

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:44 pm

This needs to go viral.
NorthernMonkey wrote:
FNA wrote:Groom shares emotional dance with mother battling ALS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2S0xeyLr1I

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Omg I just bawled my eyes dry.
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby codehero » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:48 pm

I would love her to re-record Slipping Away and release it :D

What do you think? Would it do well in today's market?
codehero
Roadie

Postby himc15 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:55 pm

stevyy wrote:
LambChild wrote:
sYair wrote:
RayRay wrote:Still hoping for a new single within three weeks. :D
Me too, low key :oops:
Me too, but high key
let's have a key chain of anticipation then.
well,me too,but with all the keys :lol:
himc15
Superstar

Postby himc15 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:03 pm

on the "Fifty Shades of Darker" soundtrack,there is a song called "They Cant Take That Away From Me"
anyone head the song already??
is it the Mariah cover????
himc15
Superstar

Postby musedeva » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:05 pm

like i said a couple of days ago.......Acoustic Riah......feet on ground,,,video of recording/performing...simple piano/guitar/hand drums

and a refrain with the best ah Shade ah Riah!!!
musedeva
Manager

Postby NorthernMonkey » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:08 pm

himc15 wrote:on the "Fifty Shades of Darker" soundtrack,there is a song called "They Cant Take That Away From Me"
anyone head the song already??
is it the Mariah cover????
It's more likely to be the old "big band" song.
NorthernMonkey
Superstar

Postby stevyy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:09 pm

now babes, cry and remember. See, that a hero lies in you and youu and youuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
stevyy
Legend

Postby Gravity » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:10 pm

MonaBlissa wrote:Tanaka needs to be a full-time boyfriend, and let go from her staff.
+1 :D
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby SS95 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:14 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:This needs to go viral.
NorthernMonkey wrote:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
SS95
Roadie

Postby EAI » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:29 pm

musedeva wrote:Its Thyme! 4 Carl the Dawg!! 8-)

I enjoyed this!
:lol: :lol:

Your voice is very soothing!
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby musedeva » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 pm

thank you!!! its a bit too nasal when I try to be funny..hahah

we need to see Rye out with her doggies too! 8-)
musedeva
Manager

Postby Ratchet1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Stella is delusional!! I straight snorted with laughter at her response
Ratchet1
Manager

Postby allygdale » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:16 pm

EAI wrote:
allygdale wrote:
EAI wrote:I would love to hear a new song, but it is NOT the right time, at all.
But it is the right time, if she releases when no one is talking about her because too much time has passed from the NYE event and Mariah's World we will have another situation like Art of Letting Go, You're Mine and Infinity because most of the public will not know or care that she has new music
But not all publicity is good publicity. No matter how good the song is, people are saying that they are tired of her and they want her to go away. Her image isn't good enough for people to want to purchase her material. She'll get dragged even harder because people will claim she did this all as a publicity stunt (people already think this).
I hate the way she's getting dragged. I want her to go away for a while to soften her image.
Kanye was dragged to hell when released Yeezus and Pablo, and Mariah was dragged to hell during American Idol, but look how that exposure even if bad led to enough hype to get #B Top 15 right away

It wasn't until radio received call outs that it started to stop playing it as much

The numbers don't lie, look at what that NYE performance did for We Belong Together and Emotions on Spotify

That's all the evidence you need

She won't have another opportunity like this
★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ hotter than cable tv ~ like something out of your dreams ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫
allygdale
Manager

Postby Crackiswack » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:18 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:This needs to go viral.
NorthernMonkey wrote:

It has 15 million views , how much more viral could it get? :lol:
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby EAI » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:34 pm

Ally, I see what you are saying but Mariah is being dragged for her talent. That makes this situation very different. She is also in a much more damaged place than she was in the #B era and Kanye never fell off commercially to begin with.

What you are saying makes sense but it's slightly far fetched imo.

I also think that the window is basically closed now.
EAI
Superstar

Postby AlmostHeaven » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:14 pm

salvage your rep first b4 releasing anything.
AlmostHeaven
Personal Assistant

Postby EAI » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:21 pm

AlmostHeaven wrote:salvage your rep first b4 releasing anything.
AS A SINGER. A GREAT SINGER. WHO CAN STILL SING LIVE.
I agree.
EAI
Superstar

Postby SpyVsSpy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 pm

The problem is she hasn't released anything musically interesting since tec, and even that was mishandled like they just gave up. And she hasn't been building a public profile as an artiste since - she's only done unstrategic limited audience projects just keep busy.
SpyVsSpy
Superstar

Postby carloandrew » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:37 pm

LambChild wrote:
sYair wrote:
RayRay wrote:Still hoping for a new single within three weeks. :D
Me too, low key :oops:
Me too, but high key
Oprah Winfrey whole segment, for real.
20/20 Barbara Walters, for real
60 Minutes, for real.
carloandrew
Manager

Postby carloandrew » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:41 pm

Well I feel like the focus shifted from Mariah the musician to Mariah the BRAND. And brand is known to be uhmmmm.. inconsistent. Highlights are def the perfume and the mac thing. The water / soda whatever is interesting

I think in time she'll venture into selling mics where you can push a button and hear her singing :lol:
Last edited by carloandrew on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60 Minutes, for real.
carloandrew
Manager

Postby allygdale » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:43 pm

EAI wrote:Ally, I see what you are saying but Mariah is being dragged for her talent. That makes this situation very different. She is also in a much more damaged place than she was in the #B era and Kanye never fell off commercially to begin with.

What you are saying makes sense but it's slightly far fetched imo.

I also think that the window is basically closed now.
I see what you are saying too, and would have agreed with you if we were still in Memoirs times 100%! In fact I wish that music still sold music and artistry and accomplishments were important to people who listen to music but they aren't anymore

Look at TRUMP too

Stories that should have lasting impact just don't, so if you have people's attention, it's a great time to give them something good

Mariah cannot rely on the traditional methods that artists who are still in their 20s or artists that are new have the benefit of relying on

Part of Kanye's charm is that he is on and off again absolutely crazy, and everyone know that, just like part of Mariah's charm is that she has an eccentric personality and fux up sometimes and gets right back up and still has it

People made up their minds about Mariah a long time ago, so in the long line of mishaps in Mariah's career, this event is just filed under that for the people who will still listen to her music despite how she is perceived, but she has to have their attention like she does now

We Belong Together on Spotify shows that, #B shows that, and she was berated by millions on Facebook and Twitter during Idol

In fact I saw more openly defending her after New Years than during Idol

Backlash doesn't stop people from listening to her music or streaming it, and streaming is now the equivalent of going out and buying an album

If she is not being talked about, so many of the people who would go stream her song if they know about it will be distracted by something else and won't ever listen to it, the lambs will give it one good day on iTunes and that will be that
★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ hotter than cable tv ~ like something out of your dreams ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫
allygdale
Manager

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:57 pm

At the end of the day, its up to Mariah to turn her career around.

No manager, publicist, hardcore lamb is going to change her life.

If mariah wants to be back on top and respected, she needs to focus, stop partying, stop drinking and take her music seriously again.

The public perception is that mariah has lost her voice and can no longer sing like she used to. And mariah is partly to blame for that.
Half-asssed, lipsynched performances are not doing her any favors
Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby carloandrew » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:03 am

1. Management would not know that because they rely on a 12 year old on Social Media. I am very frustrated because Social Media has been influencing almost everything under the sun. People rely on Social Media for their daily lives - yet they rely on someone based on AGE - I mean can she do a deep analysis on FB or Instagram engagement and see what is hot and not?

2. The logic about Trump is right - also we may see a lot of haters out there but subconsciously the more people talk about her the more people will get interested. Good or bad news do not matter. That's the reason why trump won - because the media ALWAYS SHOW HIM - doesn't matter how he was shown.

3. Mariah should capitalize on her old inspirational songs - sing it on an auditorium with high school students or something very low key yet very nostalgic. The other day I saw Jojo performing her old song and that video went super viral.
Last edited by carloandrew on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
60 Minutes, for real.
carloandrew
Manager

Postby Dandelion » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:05 am

Crackiswack wrote:I don't even have to read the usernames of some users, I already know who it is by their posts!
It's called having a personality, a brand. It becomes very obvious when someone generic tries to copy someone original. :lol:
Follow Moi På Twitter: Me. I Am...goatBuster©
Dandelion
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion