Mariah Carey

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

What is Mariah's best original Christmas song?

All I Want For Christmas Is You | Merry Christmas
30%
Miss You Most (At Christmas Time) | Merry Christmas
13%
Jesus Born On This Day | Merry Christmas
5%
Oh Santa! |Merry Christmas II You
9%
When Christmas Comes | Merry Christmas II You
7%
Christmas Time Is In The Air Again | Merry Christmas II You
15%
One Child | Merry Christmas II You
10%
Christmas In New York | 2015 Beacon Theater
3%
The Star | "The Star" Soundtrack
2%
Lil Snowman |"All I Want For Christmas Is You" Soundtrack
2%
Where Are You Christmas | "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" Soundtrack
4%

Total votes : 267

Postby lush » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:13 am

EAI wrote:
Kaloki wrote:Wooooo congrats on the appointment lush!

Can't believe UTS was a banned member, he used to send me millions of private messages and seemed normal :o
Who was he before?? He began to tone things down towards the end :o
Thanks Kaloki!

I think a more apt question would be "who wasn't he?!". Over the last
several he has had about 6, possibly more, alias. Pretty sure Dayum, Qween, Poop123, Dahhling, the one who kept going on about "belly button" and "looks like MJ" etc was all him.
lush
Superstar

Postby bm08 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:16 am

Nickynick326 wrote:
turbulent wrote:
Shaka wrote:
bm08 wrote: I pray the docu-series footage is better.
Same.
The Vegas one's look good. I hope some of the July 2015 performances were filmed. The TGIFY and VOL performances in that month were GOLD.
I don't think they started filming until the end of January, media picked up on it in Feb.
I think Caesars film all their shows. There was professional footage available for new Vegas ads so they must have had something. Lets also not forget that news of Mariah doing an unscripted series came out over a year ago in summer 2015.
bm08
Superstar

Postby lush » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:17 am

turbulent wrote:
bm08 wrote:
turbulent wrote:The Diane Martel account is real. Miley Cyrus and Brett Ratner tagged her in a few pictures.
Let's hope so! :D
Here is where Brett tags her:
Weird, maybe it's her troll account :) . Well see.
lush
Superstar

Postby lush » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:19 am

EAI wrote:Lush's impact! :lol: Got a whole store in Mall of Georgia dedicated to him :o
Ha we have that over her too, it's part of my empire 8-) .

Mr Lush.
lush
Superstar

Postby Nickynick326 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:24 am

I don't think they started filming until the end of January, media picked up on it in Feb.[/quote]

I think Caesars film all their shows. There was professional footage available for new Vegas ads so they must have had something. Lets also not forget that news of Mariah doing an unscripted series came out over a year ago in summer 2015.[/quote]

Okay? E! Started following her with their cameras right before the February leg kicked off. It has nothing to do with Caesars or Sony even, it's about E!, Bunim/Murray and Mariah as she's an EP.
Nickynick326
Roadie

Postby bm08 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:32 am

Not saying all footage is for the docuseries but rather there is footage available for earlier, if necessary. Certainly all parties will be privvy to some understanding about the filming.

I am providing the context that Bunim Murray signed the deal with Stella's company WikkedCat Productions in summer 2015 for unscripted series for several people under Stella/Brian's purview, including Mariah.
bm08
Superstar

Postby turbulent » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:33 am

Imagine all of Mariah's performances in 1080p HD and amazing audio quality. They would be as precious as Jesus' tears :cry:
"You and me in a cloud of REVERIE..."
turbulent
Manager

Postby turbulent » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:37 am

Mariah's team should upload the whole Homecoming Special to her VEVO. They have it in much better quality than what we have now.
turbulent
Manager

Postby Shaka » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:39 am

Nickynick326 wrote:
turbulent wrote:
Shaka wrote:
bm08 wrote: I pray the docu-series footage is better.
Same.
The Vegas one's look good. I hope some of the July 2015 performances were filmed. The TGIFY and VOL performances in that month were GOLD.
I don't think they started filming until the end of January, media picked up on it in Feb.
I'm pretty sure they started filming since the start. Also there were professional cameras in random gigs she did in '15 like the Israel concert, and that was in August.

The July leg has the best performances in terms of vocals, although the ensembles (and wigs) from the February leg were so much better, and she also looked better/slimmer. Hopefully they will do a balanced mix.
Shaka
Legend

Postby Nickynick326 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:44 am

bm08 wrote:Not saying all footage is for the docuseries but rather there is footage available for earlier, if necessary. Certainly all parties will be privvy to some understanding about the filming.

I am providing the context that Bunim Murray signed the deal with Stella's company WikkedCat Productions in summer 2015 for unscripted series for several people under Stella/Brian's purview, including Mariah.
Yes, and you could be right or really off, Mariah has been difficult in these situations before. Even with the RH, smaller scale individually, they sometimes film them and then something happens and they drop out or w/e and we never see them again. I'm personally just happy for a show and whatever music is licensed, so be it! :D
Nickynick326
Roadie

Postby Nickynick326 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:48 am

The Vegas one's look good. I hope some of the July 2015 performances were filmed. The TGIFY and VOL performances in that month were GOLD.[/quote]

I don't think they started filming until the end of January, media picked up on it in Feb.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they started filming since the start. Also there were professional cameras in random gigs she did in '15 like the Israel concert, and that was in August.

The July leg has the best performances in terms of vocals, although the ensembles (and wigs) from the February leg were so much better, and she also looked better/slimmer. Hopefully they will do a balanced mix.[/quote]

Just BC there are cameras there doesn't mean anything.... But do you think E! of all places would sit a year on good footage?! :lol:
Nickynick326
Roadie

Postby turbulent » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:52 am

Shaka wrote:I'm pretty sure they started filming since the start. Also there were professional cameras in random gigs she did in '15 like the Israel concert, and that was in August.

The July leg has the best performances in terms of vocals, although the ensembles (and wigs) from the February leg were so much better, and she also looked better/slimmer. Hopefully they will do a balanced mix.
The one's with the prerecorded climaxes should be from the February leg and the fully live one's along with the one's with minimal prerecorded one's should be from the July leg.

When she delivers very nice vocally people usually just praise her (look at Jimmy Kimmel) and even if she does get criticism for her looks it won't be much since she served them vocals.
turbulent
Manager

Postby Shaka » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:06 am

I wonder when the 'story' will start for the docu-series. Vegas was kinda boring for me (aside a couple of great vocal moments).
I'm guessing it will be mostly about SSFT tho, and I'm fine with that.
This new tour has everything, better vocals, she looks smokin' hot, and - above all - she looks very alive and happy ON STAGE.
Plus, lot of parties that we know will be included, as well as backstage moments.

I hope they will manage to find the perfect mix between 'Mariah the musician' and 'Mariah the diva' (with her crew and her funny/flamboyant side), with a prevalence of the former.
Shaka
Legend

Postby Shaka » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:15 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:Mariah looks A+mazing!
So slim :cry:
Shaka wrote:New ET Interview
She's getting ready to outshine her '13 Vow Renewal look dahling 8-) :P
Shaka
Legend

Postby turbulent » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:25 am

Shaka wrote:
SmartIsNewSexy wrote:Mariah looks A+mazing!
So slim :cry:
Shaka wrote:New ET Interview
She's getting ready to outshine her '13 Vow Renewal look dahling 8-) :P
Ya'll be shook when Mariah's face slims down.
turbulent
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:30 am

Sorry - Beyonce feat. Mariah Carey
"Be safe, be honest, be careful" - Morgan Carey
gunman6
Manager

Postby ferrero » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:31 am

BIG Concerts ‏@BigConcerts · 13 hours ago

.@MariahCarey Durban fans, due to demand we've released more tickets for the #SweetSweetFantasyTour. Get yours now!
ferrero
Manager

Postby gunman6 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:34 am

Wayne is the real evil witch 8-) :lol:
gunman6
Manager

Postby jerellio » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:36 am

I'm just gonna hop in to leave my mark before page 5 comes lmao.
@_Jerell_ follow me on IG okay thanks
jerellio
Groupie

Postby EAI » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:37 am

gunman6 wrote:Wayne is the real evil witch 8-) :lol:
Watch it! I can't afford another locked thread.
F*ck off and lose my number.
EAI
Superstar

Postby gunman6 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:44 am

EAI wrote:
It is just a joke :lol: but frankly I kinda dislike him/her. I feel he/she behaves like a dictator of UKMIX.
Give us back the old thread!!
gunman6
Manager

Postby EAI » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:46 am

gunman6 wrote:
EAI wrote:
It is just a joke :lol: but frankly I kinda dislike him/her. I feel he/she behaves like a dictator of UKMIX.
I still don't understand what making a new thread is going to do when the same users are going to come on it anyways :-?
EAI
Superstar

Postby turbulent » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:53 am

Why does she sound different in My All from the Periscope to the youtube vid? Her tone sounded so much younger in the Periscope one :o
turbulent
Manager

Postby EAI » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:53 am

After listening to Lemonade a couple of more times I concluded that it's some of her best work. It's a completely new sound and it is quite frankly good music. However, Beyoncé isn't serving us with crazy vocals. There is not a single song on Bey's new album that Mariah isn't capable of singing in 2016. I hope that Mariah comes out of her comfort zone and stops trying to give us over the top vocals. She should showcase her beautiful tone and voice that she is giving us on this tour, plus add a new creative and original sound without loosing her identity. It would be so amazing to here Mariah have another creative peak like she did in 1997 and serve us with a Butterfly (album) part two instead of a We belong together part 279. What do you guys think?
EAI
Superstar

Postby Lambcrusty126 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:55 am

gunman6 wrote:
EAI wrote:
+1
Lambcrusty126
Groupie

Return to General Artists Discussion