BTS

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby jpguy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:02 pm

South Korea's greatest musical export of 2016 and definitely the one to look up to in 2017!
* Highest charting album in the Billboard 200 ever - #26 - Wings
* Highest sales off an album in debut week in the USA
* First KPOP Album to chart in the UK
* Winners of ARTIST OF THE YEAR at the MAMA AWARDS (one of Asia's biggest music events)

In the photo (in order)
* V
* Jin
* J-Hope
* Suga
* Jimin
* Jung Kook
* Rap Monster

They came up from a very small entertainment company in Korea (not your typical JYP, SM, YG artist) and bit by bit escalated through the charts until this year when they finally settled for a very influential space in KPOP -
The song "Blood Sweat and Tears" has become the most succesful KPOP release of the year globally perhaps and is a huge KPOP Converter.
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:46 am

^I think "Dope" was even a bigger K-Pop converter. The dancing in the video is just such a spectacle.

I'm wishing all the best for them. Hoping their next album would enter Billboard top 10 whenever it is. Also, I do hope they bring back their old R&B and Hip-Hop sound as well for the next record.
abi
Legend

Postby Guru » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:00 am

I just streamed a few stuff off Wings off iTunes. Wow!!! :o
Seriously great production actually. Better than some or most of these American artists.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby abi » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:28 am

Guru wrote:I just streamed a few stuff off Wings off iTunes. Wow!!! :o
Seriously great production actually. Better than some or most of these American artists.
In term of production K-Pop has definitely grown a lot in the past couple of years. There was the time during like 2008-2010 when K-Pop sounded VERY dated (and basic) that you could easily tell the difference between K-Pop and American music (beside the language of course) but for the past couple of months/years I feel like the production has developed A LOT that you can't barely tell the difference between K-Pop and Western Pop if you take away the lyrics even though you can't deny the fact that K-Pop was inspired a lot by American Pop.

For me, "Blood Sweat & Tears" sounds like a classier, more sensual version of some Major Lazer/The Chainsmoker songs. And we have DEAN whose songs could easily pass off as Bryson Tiller/Miguel records and "Bae Bae" from BIGBANG, a trap/R&B song with Country-ish beat/melody in the chorus. Who would've thought? :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:48 pm

For me part of why I like K-Pop is because it sounded different from Western music. 2008-2011 were the golden years of K-Pop. Wonder Girls, KARA, T-Ara, SNSD of course... so many memories.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby jpguy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:36 pm

IMO - Both TMBTIL and Wings are the best album in Kpop of the year for sure. simply amazing
jpguy
Legend

Postby jpguy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:16 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:For me part of why I like K-Pop is because it sounded different from Western music. 2008-2011 were the golden years of K-Pop. Wonder Girls, KARA, T-Ara, SNSD of course... so many memories.
I think IOI still sound like 08-11 kpop. Also the sound of Twice is definitely Kpop. But in terms of production and overall image of Kpop acts I think 2016 has seen an obvious change in generational sounds. 2017 will see the year where these acts will do their thing as when GG. 2ne1. Super Junior. Kara did their thing back in the day. I'm actually excited for BTS cause they are massive these days.
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:05 am

Yeah there are still acts that still keep the classic K-Pop sound like TWICE, IOI, SNSD, GFriend, SISTAR, Seventeen, etc while acts like BTS, BIGBANG, Wonder Girls, BLACKPINK, Taeyeon, Hyuna, etc have definitely become more Westernized. Even EXO is starting to adopt more Urban sound to feel edgier.
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Kookie (Jung Kook) released a part of his own version of WE DON'T TALK ANYMORE guys and it's amazing.
Charlie Puth liked it on Twitter !

https://twitter.com/BTS_twt/status/817364407076294656
jpguy
Legend

Postby jpguy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Who is your BIAS ?? (favourite member) guys?
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:12 am

Urgh I hate the word 'bias' in K-Pop don't know why. :lol:

My favorite member I have to say Jungkook, followed by Jimin, then probably Suga. I feel like even though Jungkook might not be an outstanding singer or the best dancer, but he definitely has the complete package. Jimin is a great dancer but his singing is kinda awful.

You?
abi
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:22 am

I'm not sure that I have a bias. I think Jimin is very attractive and charismatic, so probably him.

I can't believe that Jungkook is only 19. In the past all my favorite (group) members were older than me - now I'm older than them. Scary.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby jpguy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:47 pm

Totally true!!! Or they were around your age now we're looking at SuJu / Shinee like veterans and BTS like the "new kids on the block" ... lol .
I personally don't have a bias just YET cause I'm moving towards either V or Jin but I feel like Jin's not given that much spotlight just yet - Kookie and Jimin are always in the center of the videos and doing the chorus! ... I think I love Jin cause he's the oldest and doesn't make me feel like pedophile :lol: :lol: :lol:

@ABI : Even funnier when Kpop fans call themselves "trash" as in ... I'M A BTS TRASH, I'M A GG TRASH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jpguy
Legend

Postby Ruthymon » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:13 pm

My favorite is Rap Monster; l love me some deep voices.... 8-)
Ruthymon
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:53 pm

Ruthymon wrote:My favorite is Rap Monster; l love me some deep voices.... 8-)
+ he's extremely talented! he produces his own music. Have you heard his solo track in WINGS ? "REFLECTION" - It's so good + lyrics are on point!!!
jpguy
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:18 pm

BTS Are Ready to Fight in Fierce ‘Not Today’ Video: Watch

BTS have unleashed another huge dance track.

On February 20, the superstar South Korean boy band dropped the video for “Not Today,” their stomping electro-rap banger off their WINGS: You Never Walk Alone album, released February 13.

“Not Today” is one of the four tracks on You Never Walk Alone, which also includes “Spring Day,” “Outro: Wings,” and “A Supplementary Story: You Never Walk Alone.”
Watch the hard-hitting video, below
http://popcrush.com/bts-not-today-music ... ngs-watch/
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:19 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby zedderond » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Choreo is always on point with them 8-)
zedderond
Groupie

Postby jpguy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:56 am

What do you guys think of the Jin neglecting behaviour ? it's a trending topic on Twitter and some outlets digged in with the fact that he only had 2 seconds of screening time for himself
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:16 am

jpguy wrote:What do you guys think of the Jin neglecting behaviour ? it's a trending topic on Twitter and some outlets digged in with the fact that he only had 2 seconds of screening time for himself
I think it's unbelievable. My SNSD bias is Hyoyeon so I know a little about certain people not getting enough lines/screen time, but she always got more than 2 seconds - and SNSD has more members. I read somewhere that BTS splits the lines among themselves - is that true? Anyway, he should have gotten more screen time. Isn't he the visual?
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:56 am

With Hyoyeon, I understand if the fans are mad because she's actually really talented and can easily outperform the other girls so yeah I agree that she should get more screentime/lines.

But with Jin, well, just watch this fancam first.

Okay we can conclude he actually dances REALLY good and and he sings well too. But he's still far behind the other members. Jungkook can sing really well, has a distinctive tone and he dances really well too and he knows how to work in front of the camera. Jimin - while his vocals could be underwhelming sometimes, he's arguably the best dancer of the group along with J. Hope and Jimin is very versatile and can match every concept BTS have tried to pull off. V too has a very distinctive vocal tone as well and boy knows to pull off expressions while performing and he dances really well too. Suga has the most distinctive raps compared to the other two's. Rapmon, while he might not be the best dancer, he writes, composes & produces and he's also the leader so he HAS to have a major screentime. In other words, each of the members other than Jin has their own personality to make them standout.

That leaves us to Jin. I'm not hating on him at all, in fact I really like his personality and I believe he's genuinely a good guy and he works really hard as well. If I had to compare him to Western acts, he's like Jordin Sparks, Jessica Shancez and the other white boys winners of American Idol. They look good, they're talented, they work really hard. But that's not enough. Especially in a group, you have to stand out!

He needs to find his own color. He needs to get out his comfort zone and find who he really is as a performer. I'm not saying I agree with bighit giving him only 3 seconds because that is sooo evil of them, but I kinda understand why they did that.
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:46 pm

I'm a Jin biased stan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops:
jpguy
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:24 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 pm