BTS

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby abi » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:38 am

EWWW I hate Jimmy Kimmel. :lol:

I'd prefer Ellen or even Jimmy Fallon. But I'm here for them getting exposure though. As long as it's not on Wendy Williams. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby Colbie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:25 am

I like Fallon or Ellen better too! Great exposure though!
And they already got a invitation for Ellen, so they probably will be there when they are going to be in America anyways for Ama and try to schedule that in
Starry eyes sparking up my darkest night
Colbie
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Lol @ Wendy Williams hahaha
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:49 am

ELLEN CONFIRMED!
abi
Legend

Postby Colbie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:20 am

abi wrote:ELLEN CONFIRMED!
Yeass! 8-)
Colbie
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Yassss!!!!!!!! :)
jpguy
Legend

Postby abi » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:35 am

Filmed by: Jungkook
Directed by: Jungkook
Edited by: Jungkook

What the heck how in the world is Jungkook so talented? I've been in the design industry for years and I just started learning Adobe After Effects this year. :oops: :lol:

Anyway, are they popular in Japan? Because from this video it seems like they can safely wander around the city and no one notices. Happy for them though, I'm sure they wouldn't be able to do things like that in Korea.
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:38 am

I think they are popular amongst music fans , specifically kpop or pop fans but they're not extremely popular or legends. They just started hitting it big this year in Japan. Their single BLOOD SWEAT TEARS was #1 and their tour was massive but I doubt they're popular as Utada Hikaru or Arashi (another Jpop boy group)
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:15 am

jpguy wrote:I think they are popular amongst music fans , specifically kpop or pop fans but they're not extremely popular or legends. They just started hitting it big this year in Japan. Their single BLOOD SWEAT TEARS was #1 and their tour was massive but I doubt they're popular as Utada Hikaru or Arashi (another Jpop boy group)
Utada has her fan base and most of them are old. She‘s not popular with teens.

BTS is definitely the most successful Korean boy band in Japan right now, though they should release a new album there as soon as they can.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Nackar » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:50 am

They are selling very well, which means they have a dedicated fanbase, probably largely within a group of people that is already inclined towards K-Pop groups.

The vast majority of people will probably not know who they are - even young people with no interest in K-Pop, since they haven't scored a mainstream hit yet.

Not trying to sound dismissive, but that's where they probably are in Japan. Besides, who needs mainstream popularity when you can get several tens of thousands of rabid fans to buy all your stuff and visit your concerts?
Nackar
Legend

Postby Colbie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:49 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:
BTS is definitely the most successful Korean boy band in Japan right now, though they should release a new album there as soon as they can.
Actualy there will be Japanese versions of DNA and Mic Drop released next month! Plus a new song called Crystal Snow, but not sure if thats in Japanese.
Colbie
Superstar

Postby abi » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 am

I really enjoyed it when they're singing live. Jungkook's voice is always extremely stable I'm impressed.
abi
Legend

Postby Colbie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:00 am

Mic Drop remix pushed back a week to 24 nov.
Wish we could hear it already, but i understand the decision, since then they will have done their promo in the US so more exposure for the release i hope!
Colbie
Superstar

Postby abi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:28 am

The Late Late Show with James Cordon confirmed.

I think they need to slow down. :lol: I don't think a James Cordon performance is necessary. It airs like around 1AM in the middle of the night and nobody really watches it. CL performed "Lifted" there last year and it almost had no impact.
abi
Legend

Postby abi » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:11 am

Damn those people! :o
abi
Legend

Postby abi » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:20 am

BTS' favorite songs atm

Yesss Suga stanning for Camila's "Havana". He knows what's good.

RM & J-Hope though. Somebody better give them some q-tips. :lol:
abi
Legend

Postby jpguy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:23 am

abi wrote:

Damn those people! :o
I would die literally. Lol
I'm so pumped for this weekend
jpguy
Legend

Postby jpguy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:34 am

Nackar wrote:They are selling very well, which means they have a dedicated fanbase, probably largely within a group of people that is already inclined towards K-Pop groups.

The vast majority of people will probably not know who they are - even young people with no interest in K-Pop, since they haven't scored a mainstream hit yet.

Not trying to sound dismissive, but that's where they probably are in Japan. Besides, who needs mainstream popularity when you can get several tens of thousands of rabid fans to buy all your stuff and visit your concerts?
I highly doubt Japanese as a whole have absolutely no idea who they are outside the Kpop fandom.
Like I sad they must be popular enough to fill in a 15 dates tour in Japan, all dome or arena , performing 3 times at the Saitama Super Arena, almost 225,000 tickets sold.
Their single BLOOD SWEAR AND TEARS was #1 on both Billboard Japan's SINGLE DIGITAL SALES & JAPANESE HOT 100 as well as hitting #1 on the Oricon Charts for a song that was already 7 months old.
They're popular just not EXTEEEEEEMELY huge. I'm sure BigHit will eventually release a full album with original Material but focusing on Western land is also good.
jpguy
Legend

Postby Colbie » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:09 pm

I personally didnt like the Kimmel segment imho, Army was downgraded to crazy teen fans when they are more than that. Especialy when Kimmel talked about smelling them.
Plus the daughters better got to meet them too!
Colbie
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:21 am

J-Hope said .“When we don’t have a boyfriend or girlfriend"
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby jpguy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:59 am

It's them lost in translation. They're referring to a general question asked to anyone. Regardless , if they were gay or whatever I would not care. Same happened to Jin. RM said favorite actress in Korean but the Korean word itself means "actor/actress" (person who acts) so he said Brad Pitt but the interviewer said CELEBRITY CRUSH. The fact that RM isn't exactly a interpreter can cause a bit of confusion but overall Jin has been trying his best to speak English and I appreciate that .
jpguy
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:06 am

jpguy wrote:It's them lost in translation. They're referring to a general question asked to anyone. Regardless , if they were gay or whatever I would not care. Same happened to Jin. RM said favorite actress in Korean but the Korean word itself means "actor/actress" (person who acts) so he said Brad Pitt but the interviewer said CELEBRITY CRUSH. The fact that RM isn't exactly a interpreter can cause a bit of confusion but overall Jin has been trying his best to speak English and I appreciate that .
Still they are one of the most LGBTQ-friendly K-pop groups ever. Didn't Jungkook once say reply to a male fan who asked to marry him?
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Colbie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Just discovered Otsukare by sope and im not ok right now :lol:
Realy laughing so hard!! :lol: :lol:
Colbie
Superstar

Postby abi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:00 am

abi
Legend

Postby murt94 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:16 am

Anyone got a live stream link for the AMA's?
My SENTFROMUPABOVE YouTube channel is back: https://www.youtube.com/user/sentfromupabove/videos SUBSCRIBE!
Follow me: https://twitter.com/Murtaza_Murad
murt94
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion