Adele

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

Postby Rolling » Thu May 10, 2018 5:56 pm

menime123 wrote:That’s what I mean - she’s a bit boring :lol:

But I love her music.
Nar! Not boring, just old style.

Rather that way than to be like Granny Madge showing her vadge at every opportunity that arrives.
Rolling
Superstar

Postby Johnson512 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:01 pm

Adele is ultra talented, and I respect her for keeping her personal life out of the tabloids and just doing music. She is a true musician. That being said, I just personally find even her music boring. All of her songs sound exactly the same to me. Like, I could never see her doing different types of music or being versatile the way Mariah has throughout her career (she's done pop, dance, R&B, hip-hop, etc.).
Johnson512
Roadie

Postby menime123 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Rolling wrote:

But I love her music.

Rather that way than to be like Granny Madge showing her vadge at every opportunity that arrives.
There’s no reason to insult anyone - it belittles you and no one else. Adele is a pretty boring pop star - she gives online forums like UKMix little to talk about and discuss. That doesn’t detract from the music, but there are only so many times you can say ‘yeah, I love that song’.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Rolling » Thu May 10, 2018 6:40 pm

menime123 wrote:
Rolling wrote:

But I love her music.

There’s no reason to insult anyone - it belittles you and no one else. Adele is a pretty boring pop star - she gives online forums like UKMix little to talk about and discuss. That doesn’t detract from the music, but there are only so many times you can say ‘yeah, I love that song’.
Wasn't aimed at you, was about artists like Madge. And I like some of her songs.
But everyone is different, Adele chooses to do it this way and why she won a court case about reporters taking pics of her son.
She wants the private life, and who can blame her!

After winning two Grammys, she goes and works in a record store for nothing.
Rolling
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:49 pm

Rolling wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Rolling wrote:

But I love her music.

Wasn't aimed at you, was about artists like Madge. And I like some of her songs.
But everyone is different, Adele chooses to do it this way and why she won a court case about reporters taking pics of her son.
She wants the private life, and who can blame her!

After winning two Grammys, she goes and works in a record store for nothing.
You tried insulting Madge but imo there’s nothing wrong with however she decided to sell her millions to make her millions. I don’t understand the need to insult her - or anyone - particularly when no one insulted Adele.

As a pop star, Adele is boring - she does limited interviews, records and releases a limited amount of music, doesn’t do many TV performances nor many music videos. That doesn’t give people a lot to discuss or debate, but it doesn’t detract from the quality of the music.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Rolling » Thu May 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Lol
Everyone insults Madge, can remember she was with Rosie O'Donnell quit a few years ago (can't remember what show it was) but Rosie even did it in front if her.

But you are also insulting Adele.

It's not just one sided.

Adele chooses to do that way, if you read the Billboard interview with her manager and the way they plan the promo you'll see that it's all planned planned planned and planned to get max publicity without costing a lot of money but also bringing in the sales.
Rolling
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Rolling wrote:Lol
Everyone insults Madge, can remember she was with Rosie O'Donnell quit a few years ago (can't remember what show it was) but Rosie even did it in front if her.

It's not just one sided.

Adele chooses to do that way, if you read the Billboard interview with her manager and the way they plan the promo you'll see that it's all planned planned planned and planned to get max publicity without costing a lot of money but also bringing in the sales.
If you think I’m insulting Adele, I’m really not. I’m a fan - I saw her tour twice (including her last Wembley date). Being a boring pop star isn’t an insult.

And Madonna and Rosie have been BFFs since 1992ish. Rosie is allowed.
menime123
Legend

Postby Rolling » Thu May 10, 2018 7:03 pm

menime123 wrote:
Rolling wrote:Lol

It's not just one sided.

If you think I’m insulting Adele, I’m really not. I’m a fan - I saw her tour twice (including her last Wembley date). Being a boring pop star isn’t an insult.

And Madonna and Rosie have been BFFs since 1992ish. Rosie is allowed.
I've seen Madge many many years ago. So.
But if you say Adele is boring, I don't think she is. Just like you worship Madge and support her.

And what did I say about here.....
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=67804&start=67400

Is that an insult?
Rolling
Superstar

Postby weaselwrench » Sat May 12, 2018 11:36 am

Johnson512 wrote:
TaylorSwiftStan wrote:It's interesting how a woman who sell 3.38 million first week has so few stans on forums like ukmix and ATRL while Mariah, Britney, Carly... have so many. The real world is so different from internet's music forums. :D :D
For me personally, I think it's a combination of many of her record sales coming from a slightly older crowd (who won't post in forums like this) and her songs all kinda sound the same and are boring lol. Yes she is mega talented, but I think she's a bit overrated. Just my personal opinion, of course.
Her record sales come from all generations, including "older" people, but they are by no means in a majority.

You're obviously perfectly entitled to find her music boring, but when you say all her songs sound the same I can only assume you either haven't heard much of her music or you're tone deaf.

I won't go off on one about the use of the word "overrated" in music forums, much as I'm tempted to. :)
weaselwrench
Groupie

Postby Rolling » Mon May 14, 2018 10:02 am

And there was a thread on here that was all most 200 pages long.
Rolling
Superstar

Postby weaselwrench » Tue May 15, 2018 11:04 am

Rolling wrote:
Rolling wrote:

Will soon hit 180 million views.
Now over the 180 million.
I've just watched this video again after a long gap, and it's brought home a few of the things about Adele that I hadn't forgotten, exactly, but that had diminished in my memory over time, namely how extraordinary her voice is, especially when she's relaxed; how funny she is and how much joy she spreads; and her warmth and generosity of spirit. Can't wait for the next album.
weaselwrench
Groupie

Postby weaselwrench » Tue May 15, 2018 11:10 am

Talking of Adele's extraordinary voice, especially when relaxed, this is one of my favourite offhand moments from her appearance on The Ellen Show.

weaselwrench
Groupie

Postby Rolling » Wed May 16, 2018 12:14 pm

Rolling
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Rolling wrote:More about the Oliver movie.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... movie.html
I don’t see it tbh. I mean I do, but I don’t see Adele wanting to do it.
menime123
Legend

Postby wave » Wed May 16, 2018 5:51 pm

I definitely can see her wanting to do this.
wave
Manager

Postby menime123 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 pm

wave wrote:I definitely can see her wanting to do this.
I just think it’s seems like more effort than Adele can be arsed with if I’m honest :lol:

She likes being the boss, not the employee.
menime123
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Sun May 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Why wasn't Adele invited to the Royal Wedding? There were tons of useless celebrities there.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby locoporti » Sun May 20, 2018 11:30 pm

spiritboy wrote:Why wasn't Adele invited to the Royal Wedding? There were tons of useless celebrities there.
Maybe she was and couldn't or didn't want to attend. Remember she is very private and she wouldn't be able to avoid the attention.
locoporti
Roadie

Postby Rolling » Mon May 21, 2018 4:35 am

spiritboy wrote:Why wasn't Adele invited to the Royal Wedding? There were tons of useless celebrities there.
She's still in the US, been there since February. She doesn't stay away from home unless she's working.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6 ... arlie-xcx/
Rolling
Superstar

Postby wave » Mon May 21, 2018 2:22 pm

menime123 wrote:
wave wrote:I definitely can see her wanting to do this.
I just think it’s seems like more effort than Adele can be arsed with if I’m honest :lol:

She likes being the boss, not the employee.
She did say she would like to do one, that was around the start of 25 promo.
wave
Manager

Postby Rolling » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:53 am

So she's back on the UK.
Rolling
Superstar

Postby dhenapie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:20 am

Does it mean it's a wrap for the self-titled ( :lol: ) new album? I need new music from her. I kind of miss her presence already.
"You cannot be good all the time, you have to be good - when it's time.”
-
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Rolling » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:34 am

dhenapie wrote:Does it mean it's a wrap for the self-titled ( :lol: ) new album? I need new music from her. I kind of miss her presence already.
Now idea, she doesn't spend 4 months or more in the US if not working, home bird.
Rolling
Superstar

Postby Rolling » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:14 pm

Rolling
Superstar

Postby GreekGeek » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:34 pm

Looking forward to this release! :) :P
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion