Cardi B

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Belcalis Almanzar (born October 11, 1992), known professionally as Cardi B (often stylized as CΛRDI B), is an American hip hop recording artist, as well as a television and social media personality. Born and raised in the Bronx borough of New York City, she first embarked in a career as an exotic dancer and began to receive public attention as she built a large Internet following; coupled with her "no filter attitude", she became an Internet celebrity through Instagram. In 2015, she became a regular cast member of the VH1 reality television series Love & Hip Hop: New York. In February 2017, she signed her first major label record deal with Atlantic Records. Her debut single for Atlantic, titled "Bodak Yellow", reached number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, with the New York Times calling it "the rap anthem of the summer".
2017 really is Cardi's year. Not only she scored Billboard #1 hit with 'Bodak Yellow', she also collaborated with G-Eazy and A$AP Rocky on 'No Limit' and with Migos and Nicki Minaj on "Motor Sport'.

Cardi's debut album is expected to be released early 2018.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:28 pm

Cardi B and Offset Are Officially Engaged

He put a ring on it! Cardi B and Offset are officially engaged after the Migos rapper popped the question at the Power 99 radio’s Powerhouse concert at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia on Friday, October 27.

Celebrity Engagement Rings of 2017: See the Bling!
The musicians hit the stage together and as the “Bodak Yellow” rapper talked to the crowd, the “Bad and Boujee” rapper, 25, got down on one knee while holding the 8-carat ring in his hands. After the Love & Hip Hop alum said “yes,” the couple hugged as fans in the audience cheered them on.
source.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:28 pm

CARDI B for ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE, November 2017.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby TheRealest » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:40 pm

Slay Belcalis
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby BlueScorpion » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:58 pm

She's having a huge moment, I hope she keeps riding the wave!
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:59 pm

TheRealest wrote:Slay Belcalis
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:07 am

JSparksFan wrote:
TheRealest wrote:Slay Belcalis
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:34 pm

Cardi is featured on Ozuna's new single 'La Modela'.
These pics are from the video shoot.

I hope she raps in Spanish again. 8-)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Benjamin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:43 am

Cardi B shares a preview of unreleased new material

Cardi B is having a monumental year, with many reasons to celebrate both in her personal life and her music career. With 2017 nearing its end, it is especially fitting for the Bronx native to end the year strong with some new music.

Most recently, the "Bodak Yellow" rapper decided to tease what she has cooking in the oven, taking to Instagram to share a preview of her currently unreleased music.
In the video clip, Cardi can be seen casually posing in front of a massive mirror while letting the track play freely. And judging from the brief snippet alone, she's likely got another smash on her hands.

"I'm just trying to chill and make bangers / Tell all these old b—s they in danger / The thing on my hip whip b—s into shape / That's what I call a f—king waist trainer," she spits. "You gon' run up on who and do what? / I think y'all got your stories screwed up / I came here to ball is you nuts / I don't want your punk ass man I'm too tough / I'm with this killer s—t hands down/If you got a problem with me say it now / 'Cause I don't want to hear no sneak dissing / Especially from you weak b—s."

The caption on her post also fit the mood of the track, with the rapper writing, "Knock me down nine times but I get up TEN!"

Cardi's forthcoming debut album is currently without a release date, but hopefully, this clip means we're getting closer to being able to hear the project in full.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Return to General Artists Discussion