Shania Twain

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby volver » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:20 am

A report published by UMG Spain, highlighting major releases for the 2008 season, lists superstar Shania Twain as releasing her highly-anticipated album in May.

The report states, "After five years without a studio album release, the world-best seller is back with an all-new album." The album is slated for a May 13 release date.

No title or further information has been given. Due to the Christmas and New Year holidays, representatives at UMG Nashville were immediately unavailable for comment.
Found this on Country On-Demand. Dont know if its true but Im keeping my fingers crossed
Last edited by volver on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
volver
Legend

Postby MJH » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:37 pm

YES! :D Shania, Anastacia, Mariah, Whitney... 2008 is the return of the divas :lol:
MJH
Manager

Postby CSCfan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:34 am

Unfortunately, the May date isn't true..:( She's still writing as we speak and Universal hasn't got a date.

New Album Update

**Twain is currently working on a new studio album. Both her label and management responded to a recent rumor posted by On-Demand, stating that a May release for Twain was "false." A spokesperson from Q-Prime Management said "she is still writing and has not recorded. At this time, we have no time-line for any release."**

Twain's last studio release was in 2002. She is the only artist in music history to have back-to-back-to-back albums be certified diamond for shipments of 10 million copies.
Last edited by CSCfan on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Mathias

For the latest Céline Dion news:
LIKE this FB page and FOLLOW this Twitter!
Shania Twain - NOW | Sep 29
The Corrs - JUPITER CALLING | Nov 10
CSCfan
Personal Assistant

Postby Squeeze » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:42 am

Really curious to hear this.
Hope she will deliver :)
Squeeze
Manager

Postby Hype » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:22 pm

Squeeze wrote:Really curious to hear this.
Hope she will deliver :)
Oh please! It's Shania! Her albums are always perfect!
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby volver » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:15 pm

Great American Country (GAC) recently had a Q&A session and one of the questions were about Shania.

Q: I miss Shania Twain so much. When — or will — she return? (Jackie, Salem, VA)

A: Jackie, that’s been a popular question for the last couple of years. And, even though we still don’t exactly when Shania Twain will offer up new music and surface again as a performer, there seems to be a strong indication that there could be new music from her this year. Don’t hold me to that, because nobody at her label is ready to go on record to say it will happen this year.
volver
Legend

Postby Tiger » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:33 pm

I think not before the end of 2008, but I think 2009 would be more realistic if she's only "writing".
These foolish games are tearing me apart

My CHART
Tiger
Lover Of (Mostly) Everything Pop

Postby Gringo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:55 am

Shania herself said last year that her first single was suppose to be a track called First Class Ladies featuring Rihanna and Amerie(who helped write the song ) :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

(don't know what became of it)
Whats the reason,that I'm here again thats crazy
Gringo
Manager

Postby t_dot » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:58 am

^^^
can you find a link, cause that sounds so fake.lol

.................ohwait your prob. kidding.
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby volver » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:04 am

omg I actually believed that.
volver
Legend

Postby Gringo » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:06 am

t_dot wrote:^^^
can you find a link, cause that sounds so fake.lol

.................ohwait your prob. kidding.
IT SOUNDS FAKE !! I KNOW !!

but apparently she said that on CMT
I posted it like way back last year

I can only give you a link to where i found it
http://www.amerieweb.com/board/showthre ... ania+Twain
Whats the reason,that I'm here again thats crazy
Gringo
Manager

Postby snwbrder757 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:03 am

Reporter: "Is there a musical comeback in the cards?"

Shania: "I'm on a permanent sabbatical."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4438454a10.html
snwbrder757
Manager

Postby t_dot » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:28 am

snwbrder757 wrote:Reporter: "Is there a musical comeback in the cards?"

Shania: "I'm on a permanent sabbatical."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4438454a10.html
what is that supposed to mean,I thought we where gonna get New Shania soooon....
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby volver » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:06 am

Dont tell me she retired!?! :cry:
volver
Legend

Postby Colin » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:13 pm

Sabbatical, who uses that kind of word? :roll: :lol:
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby CSCfan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:01 pm

The same people that use "collaborate"..
-Mathias

For the latest Céline Dion news:
LIKE this FB page and FOLLOW this Twitter!
Shania Twain - NOW | Sep 29
The Corrs - JUPITER CALLING | Nov 10
CSCfan
Personal Assistant

Postby volver » Fri May 09, 2008 2:11 pm

Shania Twain's "Greatest Hits" has been certified 4x platinum by the RIAA this week. She has now sold 48 million records, which means she is still the best selling country female artist of all time, and is #5 all-time behind Barbara Streisand, Mariah Carey, Madonna and Celine Dion.

I think that we could be getting something this winter. All her past three releases have been released in November. She sure is taking her time, aint she
volver
Legend

Postby Wayne » Fri May 09, 2008 2:21 pm

Shania should really release earlier than November. The Sun has revealed today that in November/December, two of the biggest divas of all time are releasing albums at the same time. Its

Britney vs Whitney

And according to Brit's record label, her material is amazing :o

So I think that Shania should either wait until next year or release earlier than Nov time. I hope she sticks to her country roots though and doesn't go commercial, i.e. Madonna and Mariah :-?
Wayne
Administrator

Postby carlos06 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:23 pm

MJH wrote:YES! :D Shania, Anastacia, Mariah, Whitney... 2008 is the return of the divas :lol:
Uff... The Divas were always here since like forever... :roll: My question is, where are all the men? Music business today is too girly IMO. I want men dominating the charts, I need Usher right now, someone... :lol:

Am I the only one who thinks like that? :-?
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & BARBRA STREISAND celebrating their 9th #1 albums this year. Still making history...
carlos06
Manager

Postby Wayne » Fri May 09, 2008 2:24 pm

carlos06 wrote:
MJH wrote:YES! :D Shania, Anastacia, Mariah, Whitney... 2008 is the return of the divas :lol:
Uff... The Divas were always here since like forever... :roll: My question is, where are all the men? Music business today is too girly IMO. I want men dominating the charts, I need Usher right now, someone... :lol:
Nooooooo!! It's all about the divas!! At least the women that dominate the charts can sing :wink: Usher is acceptable because he can sing too but most men that dominate the charts, i.e. Timbaland, R Kelly, 50 Cent, Kanye CANNOT sing IMHO. So I want Shania, Anastacia etc back
Wayne
Administrator

Postby irishguy28 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:40 pm

col89 wrote:Sabbatical, who uses that kind of word? :roll: :lol:
bl***y hell, Col, you should try one, theyäre great! I'm already considering a 2nd!
irishguy28

Postby kreyzas » Fri May 09, 2008 3:34 pm

04wayne wrote:Shania should really release earlier than November. The Sun has revealed today that in November/December, two of the biggest divas of all time are releasing albums at the same time. Its

Britney vs Whitney

So I think that Shania should either wait until next year or release earlier than Nov time. I hope she sticks to her country roots though and doesn't go commercial, i.e. Madonna and Mariah :-?
Shania was a super-mega-seller.

I remember when back in 2004 Britney's Greatest Hits and Shania's Greatest Hits were released the same week :) Guess who won :) SHANIA!!!!!
kreyzas
Manager

Postby Wayne » Fri May 09, 2008 3:35 pm

kreyzas wrote:
04wayne wrote:Shania should really release earlier than November. The Sun has revealed today that in November/December, two of the biggest divas of all time are releasing albums at the same time. Its

Britney vs Whitney

I remember when back in 2003 Britney's In the zone and Shania's Greatest Hits were released the same week :) Guess who won :) SHANIA!!!!!
Shania WAS a super-mega seller. She has been away for years!! lol. Don't get me wrong, I think she will do well. But I also feel more people are anticipating Whitney's comeback and Brit's return to greatness than Shania's :wink:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby kreyzas » Fri May 09, 2008 3:39 pm

04wayne wrote:
kreyzas wrote:

Britney vs Whitney

I remember when back in 2003 Britney's In the zone and Shania's Greatest Hits were released the same week :) Guess who won :) SHANIA!!!!!
Shania WAS a super-mega seller. She has been away for years!! lol. Don't get me wrong, I think she will do well. But I also feel more people are anticipating Whitney's comeback and Brit's return to greatness than Shania's :wink:
Tell that to all those country fans in USA :) I am totally sure for a 500.000+ debut week sales for Shania's new album! She has never been on tabloids, etc, but sold tones of albums :)

as the oposite to your beloved Britney :)

I hope those two albums could be released the same week :) and i see how Shania;s first week sales are 2x more than Britney's :)
kreyzas
Manager

Postby Wayne » Fri May 09, 2008 3:45 pm

My beloved Britney :o LOL

Anyways! Like I said Shania is a majorly big seller in the USA! Like huge. And don't get me wrong, she may beat Britney but I just think that it would be interesting :wink:
Wayne
Administrator

Return to General Artists Discussion