Shania Twain

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby TIfan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:57 am

Cant lie, not feeling this blond.

The Brown and red hair gave me life...
TIfan
Legend

Postby heartlocked » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:08 am

TIfan wrote:Cant lie, not feeling this blond.

The Brown and red hair gave me life...
I don't like it either. My favorite look ever was the dark curls from You're Still the One. Dark hair in general looks much better on her, this blond and the reddish brunette she had in Vegas ages her.
M A R I A H
heartlocked
Manager

Postby Mikerocha » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:45 am

I hope she gives the album a simple name like "Shania."

This is a comeback after 15 years. it has to be amazing.
I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby dhenapie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:39 am

^ I agree. Her first name would make a great title to her comeback album. But I doubt she'll use it. Her first album was self-titled already.
We are never just good or just bad. We are mosaics of our worst selves and our best selves.
- Taylor Swift (reputation)
dhenapie
Manager

Postby AlmondBreeze » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:19 am

She can just do the same as everyone else and call it "Me, I am Shania" (...the Country Chanteuse...) :D
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby heartlocked » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:22 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:She can just do the same as everyone else and call it "Me, I am Shania" (...the Country Chanteuse...) :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
M A R I A H
heartlocked
Manager

Postby theArmy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:45 pm

O-M-G SO DAMN EXCITED!! :D :D

I hope she'll release it around the Billboard Music Awards, would be perfect promo if she performs and gets an honoury award
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby heartlocked » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:15 pm

I was at Barnes and Noble today when this caught my eye ❤
Sorry if the pics are huge, I'm on my phone.

M A R I A H
heartlocked
Manager

Postby dhenapie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:44 pm

^ Great find! Was so happy that all her studio albums were given vinyl treatment last year. I hope they release the international/pop version of COO, too. I would def buy it- even just for the sake of that gorgeous cover. ♥
We are never just good or just bad. We are mosaics of our worst selves and our best selves.
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:46 pm

^ It looks great and the pictures are not huge, the size is perfect.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby heartlocked » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:36 am

dhenapie wrote:^ Great find! Was so happy that all her studio albums were given vinyl treatment last year. I hope they release the international/pop version of COO, too. I would def buy it- even just for the sake of that gorgeous cover. ♥
Yes! I was living in Costa Rica when COO came out so I bought the cassette tape with the international cover and it's always been my favorite. I also like From This Moment On solo version so much better.

I'm so excited about new music. Shania has been pretty active on social media lately, I hope she does lots of promo and breaks her promise of not touring again :D
M A R I A H
heartlocked
Manager

Postby Gravity » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 am

She is just so freaking beautiful :cry:
Gravity
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:30 am

So she has four days to release her new single. She said it would come out in March.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby theArmy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:05 am

Yeah it's March, where is it? :(

But I guess it'll come around the BBMAs
theArmy
Legend

Postby dhenapie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:36 pm

This is why I already stopped trusting her. I can't trust her words these days. :roll: :lol:

But still looking forward to some new music from her. It's been 1 1/2 decades already. :evil:
dhenapie
Manager

Postby theArmy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:29 pm

New album called TRIUMPHANT, out late Spring

She's apparently premiering its lead single on Sunday's CMT Awards

:D :D the wait is OVER
theArmy
Legend

Postby dhenapie » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Will Shania Twain be surprise performer at ACM Awards at T-Mobile Arena?

The biggest unconfirmed rumor in advance of Sunday’s 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards — and likely to remain that way until the CBS broadcast from our T-Mobile Arena — is that former Caesars Palace headliner Shania Twain will be a surprise guest to premiere her debut single from her new album “Triumphant” to be released in late spring.

It’s not only her first studio LP in 14 years but also the first without her ex-husband and producer, Robert “Mutt” Lange, who created tabloid headlines for leaving Shania to run off with her best girlfriend.

It will be the follow-up to her 2002 album “Up!” that was certified diamond (10 million units sold). New album tracks include “Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl,” “We Got Something They Don’t,” “Swinging With My Eyes Closed” and “Hard to Love.”

Before going into the studio with producers Ron Aniello (Bruce Springsteen), Jake Gosling (Ed Sheeran), Jacquire King (Kings of Leon) and Matthew Koma (Zedd), Shania laid down tracks at home using the Garage Band and Pro Tools apps on her computer.

There’s no word from ACM Awards producers or Shania about Sunday in Las Vegas, although she has cryptically tweeted, “Here’s to the weekend — there’s no way but up from here.”

Shania does say, “Expect some change and something different from my new material. Writing is my therapy, and writing this new album helped me come to terms with a lot of things emotionally. The divorce was very painful. The new music needed to be really pure and my own story and my own emotional journey.

“It has been a real tug-of-war trying to come to terms with very extreme emotions and explain it to people in the format of a song. It was a big leap of courage for me. I didn’t know where to begin. I’d write every type of song, every type of lyric, every type of melody.”

Shania has confirmed that she will headline with Dierks Bentley and Kenny Chesney at Stagecoach on April 29 in Indio, California, at the Empire Polo Club site of Coachella, then attend the June 26 opening of her exhibit at The Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. Her immediate plan is to begin work on another album now that she’s completed this one.

It is definite that returning ACM Awards hosts Luke Bryan and Dierks will appear Wednesday on “CBS This Morning” and “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” before winding their way to Las Vegas to begin Thursday rehearsals.

Then Friday morning, the two country hunks will “roll the dice” in a ceremony outside T-Mobile Arena to mark “The Week Vegas Goes Country” and the three days of ACM Party for a Cause as country singers fan out all over the city for shows to raise awareness and funds.

Keith Urban, Justin Moore and Michael Ray will have a mad dash here from Phoenix where they are all appearing at the NCAA March Madness Music Festival the night before the ACM Awards.

For Michael, he’s like a “Wanted Man” with a round-trip double dash as he appears here at Stoney’s Rockin Country on Thursday before racing down to Phoenix and back again. Fans of The Backstreet Boys celebrating their new Axis at Planet Hollywood residency will be overjoyed to know that they’re performing at the ACMs with Florida Georgia Line.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/robin-leac ... bile-arena
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:25 pm

Gwen Stefani Couldn’t Stop Googling Shania Twain During Her ‘Voice’ Guest Stint

Shania Twain joined The Voice judges on Monday, April 24, where the country-pop superstar delighted starstruck contestants and became the first guest ever to sit in a fifth chair on the panel.

Following Twain’s appearance, Gwen Stefani could barely contain her excitement for having the music legend on the show.

“I had an amazing time,” she gushed to Entertainment Tonight, as the country star stood next to her. “When I found out you were coming I had an amazing time going back and listening all the songs and Googling you… And then Googling you again afterwards. It’s been Shania week!”

As for the No Doubt front woman’s favorite Shania Twain song?
“‘[You’re] Still the One,'” she revealed, adding, “It’s like, the perfect song.”

Meanwhile, Twain had nothing but nice things to say about Stefani’s beau, fellow country musician Blake Shelton, calling him “a true gentleman.”

“He is just really sweet and kind and he was very nurturing and caring and welcoming to me,” the singer gushed. “He’s so witty! He’s so funny… and he knows all my songs!”

http://popcrush.com/gwen-stefani-shania ... the-voice/
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:40 pm

UMG confirmed it. It'll be performed this weeked, released in June with the album out September.

PACRadioShow @PACRadioShow
OFFICIAL: New @ShaniaTwain single (Life’s About To Get Good) in June + NEW ALBUM in September and will debut new single this weekend!
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby dhenapie » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:42 pm

The title sounds so Shania. I love it already :lol:

Can't wait!
dhenapie
Manager

Postby dhenapie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:40 am

Not sure if I like this Faith Hill hair on her. It kinda ages her. Black hair suits her best IMO.

But so excited to finally hear new music! 8-)
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:44 am

I do not like it at all.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby TIfan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:52 am

She stood out with dark hair. There were too many blonds in the 90s.
TIfan
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:20 am

I don't like the new hair to be honest ^^
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:32 pm

She better not have that hideous hair on the album cover.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion