Shania Twain

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby AlmondBreeze » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:12 am

I was so scared it would be horrible but I am really happy that I like it. Has a 70's/80's tv themesong feelgood vibe to it. I wonder if there will be a less country/more pop version for the AC market...?

AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby dhenapie » Mon May 01, 2017 10:14 pm

The new song sounds great. I doubt it's live, though. But she was serving classic Shania right there. Proof that she doesn't need Mutt to produce real country/pop gems. She clearly still has IT. ♥
We are never just good or just bad. We are mosaics of our worst selves and our best selves.
- Taylor Swift (reputation)
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Pop Crave‏ @PopCrave 9h9 hours ago
Shania Twain was announced as a performer at BBC Radio 2's "Festival In A Day". It's her first UK concert in over 14 years!
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby dhenapie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:42 pm

The start of the new era. At last! 8-)

Shania: NOW out September 29

Not feeling the cover tbh. She looks like LeAnn Rimes on it. :lol:
We are never just good or just bad. We are mosaics of our worst selves and our best selves.
- Taylor Swift (reputation)
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:28 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby jochen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:29 pm

The new song sucks.
Hope the rest is better

And she looks like 60 on that pic
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby jochen » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Nippian93 wrote:
Thanks nippy
jochen
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:31 pm

jochen wrote:The new song sucks.
Hope the rest is better

And she looks like 60 on that pic
I also dislike both the song and the cover.

jochen wrote:
Nippian93 wrote:
Thanks nippy
Enjoy.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:33 pm

Today show performance.

The legendary country singer performed some of her hits like "That Don't Impress Me Much" and "Man I Feel like a Woman," as well as new songs like "Life's About to Get Good" and "Swinging With My Eyes Closed."
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby theArmy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:03 pm

She looked absolutely STUNNING on the Today Show :o :o
LITTLE CHIX - a new pop sensation on the horizon!
theArmy
Legend

Postby KokoCollino » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:30 pm

Loved her so much back then. With no new album I didn't really follow her since 2005.

When I see photos of 2004 and 2011 - I'm surprised. No offense, but either they photoshopped her so much back then or she somehow aged much in that time.

She is very beautiful know, please don't get me wrong.

Apart from her voice struggles, do we know why she never released an album in such a long time?
I'll find my way home
KokoCollino
Manager

Postby theArmy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:52 pm

^ I don't get it :lol: Ur surprised how much she aged in these 7 years or....? She was 39 in 2004 and she was 46 in 2011. People usually change very much especially in that period as much as I'm aware.

She looks absolutely amazing rn and in top shape.
theArmy
Legend

Postby AlmondBreeze » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:32 pm

Nippian93 wrote:
Thanks Nippian!!! What a fantastic interview. Bobby Bones does what most hosts don't - he lets the artist talk without interruption. So inspiring to hear Shania's struggle and determination to overcome the effect of Lyme's disease on her vocals. What a queen.
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby AlmondBreeze » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Nippian93 wrote:Today show performance.

The legendary country singer performed some of her hits like "That Don't Impress Me Much" and "Man I Feel like a Woman," as well as new songs like "Life's About to Get Good" and "Swinging With My Eyes Closed."
She looked and performed like a champion. Yes, the tone of her voice is now super nasally and kinda unpleasant, but after that interview, we now know the reason and the fact thaat she can even sing at all is a tribute to her determination. She looks stunning and even with her vocal condition, she still sings live in the early morning. Respect.
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby NoAngel » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:37 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:

She looked and performed like a champion. Yes, the tone of her voice is now super nasally and kinda unpleasant, but after that interview, we now know the reason and the fact thaat she can even sing at all is a tribute to her determination. She looks stunning and even with her vocal condition, she still sings live in the early morning. Respect.
With her determination and efforts she put the shame all those who lazily choose to lipsync.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby MusicLover88 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:40 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:

!!!
Unlike other things that wither, she preserves. She’s a constant in a world of relentless flux. She’s a beacon of immortality. Bitch, she’s Madonna.
MusicLover88
Manager

Postby jochen » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:59 am

AlmondBreeze wrote:

Her speaking voice is weird. Always was very nasal.
I wss shocked when i First heard ger speak
jochen
Manager

Postby nekoocz » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:40 am

She look stunning, loved the performances.
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby SawyerHewitt » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:05 am

All this promo is gonna be kinda pointless due to the simple fact that her album's gonna be released in two months.
But hey, nice to see her out and about!

Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Manager

Postby jochen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:01 pm

SawyerHewitt wrote:All this promo is gonna be kinda pointless due to the simple fact that her album's gonna be released in two months.
But hey, nice to see her out and about!

I agree

Same with tlc
:-(
jochen
Manager

Postby Controlfreak » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:55 pm

Shania Twain’s New Album Was Almost Produced by Prince

Shania Twain’s first new album in 15 years almost had a very special producer. “The very first person that called me, who reached out to me before I’d even written the album…[was] Prince,” Twain recently told reporters.

Unfortunately, at the time Prince contacted Twain, she just didn’t know when to do the album. The pair exchanged calls and emails, along with different notes and ideas on a potential project.

“When he was calling me and mailing me, I wasn’t ready to do the album,” Twain says. “He said, ‘Come to my studio, let’s get started,’ and I just said, ‘I can’t sing right now, I just don’t have my voice yet.'”

Prince eventually went back on tour, so he wasn’t available to produce when Twain felt comfortable in the studio again. And sadly, the rock and roll legend passed away in April 2016.

Without doubt, a Prince-produced record would get the whole world’s attention. Then again, Shania doesn’t have much trouble with that. The new record, Now, comes out on Sept. 29 and easily tops the most-anticipated albums list for all of 2017.

Her first project since 2002’s record-shattering Up!, Now features a host of different producers. Part of the reason the record took so long? She split from her husband and longtime producer Mutt Lange after he cheated on her with her best friend.

Compounded with stress-related vocal issues, the whole ordeal just about convinced Twain to retire. But her comeback tour a few years ago showed the whole world is hungry for a career rejuvenation. That shouldn’t be too hard for country music’s top-selling female artist.

Her first single off the new album, “Life’s About To Get Good,” references some of her recent struggles. And it certainly doesn’t skip a beat when it comes to pushing the boundaries of country. Known not just as a fantastic voice but also a prolific writer, Shania Twain wrote constantly despite not recording any new music.

It’s just too bad she wasn’t quite ready when Prince wanted to produce her project. “If I ever had professional regret,” Twain says, “That’s one of them.
http://www.wideopencountry.com/shania-t ... ed-prince/
Controlfreak
Manager

Postby heartlocked » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:56 pm

theArmy wrote:She looked absolutely STUNNING on the Today Show :o :o
yes!! this darker blonde hair looks amazing on her. Thank god the blonde is gone :D
M A R I A H
heartlocked
Manager

Postby theArmy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:36 pm

heartlocked wrote:
theArmy wrote:She looked absolutely STUNNING on the Today Show :o :o
yes!! this darker blonde hair looks amazing on her. Thank god the blonde is gone :D
Yeah the blonde made her look a bit trashy

She has a good team behind her.
theArmy
Legend

Postby t_dot » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:04 pm

i wonder if she's shot a video yet?
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:53 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion