Aaliyah

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby Controlfreak » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Controlfreak
Manager

Postby TIfan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:12 pm

I think the perfect Compilation track listing should be like...

The Best of... Aaliyah
1. Are You That Somebody
2. We Need A Resolution
3. If Your Girl Only Knew
4. At Your Best (Remix)
5. I Don't Wanna
6. More Than A Woman
7. Back In One Piece (feat. DMX)
8. Age Ain't Nothing But A Number
9. Rock The Boat
10. One In A Million
11. Hot Like Fire
12. At Your Best
13. I Care 4 U
14. Back and Forth
15. 4 Page Letter
16. Come Over
17. The One I Gave My Heart To (Music Video Version)
18. Don't Know What To Tell You
19. Journey To The Past
20. Miss You
Last edited by TIfan on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TIfan
Legend

Postby jochen » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Very good list
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby Controlfreak » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:13 pm

She was mentioned a lot on that Surviving R. Kelly docu.
Controlfreak
Manager

Postby Gravity » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:02 pm

I side-eyed that statement from her mother. If she was around her all the time, how the hell R. Kelly found the time to put his dirty paws on her? :-?
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby Guru » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:24 pm

Gravity wrote:I side-eyed that statement from her mother. If she was around her all the time, how the hell R. Kelly found the time to put his dirty paws on her? :-?
I would rather take the mothers word, direct from the horses mouth, than entertain a money-making channel and documentary.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Gravity » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:51 pm

Guru wrote:
Gravity wrote:I side-eyed that statement from her mother. If she was around her all the time, how the hell R. Kelly found the time to put his dirty paws on her? :-?
I would rather take the mothers word, direct from the horses mouth, than entertain a money-making channel and documentary.
The marriage certificate was real, though. No one can deny her and R. Kelly were married.
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby Guru » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:28 am

I’ll remain neutral like the Luke and Kesha trial. Innocent until proven guilty.
Media propaganda will have us loving the ones we should hate and hating the ones we should love.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Gravity » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:34 am

There is plenty of evidence that R. Kelly is guilty, though. Saying otherwise is deciding to stay willfully ignorant.

It's just sad to me that her family is more concerned with protecting her image, as opposed to bringing justice to his many victims (and that incudes Aaliyah - she was his victim).
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby Guru » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:52 am

It’s “public court” evidence. I will surely change my mind once a real court of law proves it.
If I did the same with MJ, the courts decided otherwise even after having a formal court case. This is why it is important to stay vigilant when it comes to media propaganda. I listen to media, CNN, Fox etc but we should not fall victim to their agenda.

I would rather say I’m more wary than ignorant. It is so quick to believe what the media feeds us, but all of them have been known to have their own agenda too.

The media is more powerful than we think and believe. They don’t need more power.
Guru
Guru

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:00 am

Gravity wrote:There is plenty of evidence that R. Kelly is guilty, though. Saying otherwise is deciding to stay willfully ignorant.

It's just sad to me that her family is more concerned with protecting her image, as opposed to bringing justice to his many victims (and that incudes Aaliyah - she was his victim).
!!!!!

It's sick and kinda sad tbh. I've been watching the Rkelly special. I personally feel like her mom is deflecting because they feel guilty to have allowed this to happen (I.e Rkelly "mentoring" her).
Serby wrote:Cuz you ugly and can't relate
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Gravity » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:38 am

^^ most likely. They felt she was in good hands because her uncle was in charge of everything.
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby jochen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 pm

Aaliyah loved robert

He didnt rape her.
I am sure he wss nice to her
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby TheRealest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 am

You would think since they care so much about her image they would properly release her songs and videos so people can actually remember her for her talent and work. They’re idiots. :roll:
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby GetBack » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 am

I wonder what really happened between them because R. Kelly and Aaliyah never talked about each other after she moved to a different label.

Since the public had a soft spot for Aaliyah even before her death, her statement (if she told the truth) on this issue could have helped in knowing the truth (had she lived). :o :o
GetBack
Legend

Postby TIfan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:14 am

People actually did not want to work with Aaliyah due to the controversy. That's why she went with Tim and Missy for her 2nd album. Then the public fell in love with her.
TIfan
Legend

Postby GetBack » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:18 am

As much as I loved Age Ain't Nothing but a Number, she wasn't really that in demand as a new artist as much as her family claims. Brandy and Monica (who both came after her) immediately eclipsed Aaliyah's career somehow. Aaliyah's brand was a bit different since she was considered a privileged artist (having so many connections and being related to superstar Gladys Knight).
GetBack
Legend

Postby TIfan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 am

GetBack wrote:As much as I loved Age Ain't Nothing but a Number, she wasn't really that in demand as a new artist as much as her family claims. Brandy and Monica (who both came after her) immediately eclipsed Aaliyah's career somehow. Aaliyah's brand was a bit different since she was considered a privileged artist (having so many connections and being related to superstar Gladys Knight).
In the 00s, she was becoming bigger then them.
TIfan
Legend

Postby Guru » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:01 pm

TIfan wrote:
GetBack wrote:As much as I loved Age Ain't Nothing but a Number, she wasn't really that in demand as a new artist as much as her family claims. Brandy and Monica (who both came after her) immediately eclipsed Aaliyah's career somehow. Aaliyah's brand was a bit different since she was considered a privileged artist (having so many connections and being related to superstar Gladys Knight).
Are you kidding? They all served different needs and purposes and were all in demand:

Brandy = America’s sweetheart
Monica = new age Whitney for a younger generation aka the new younger Diva (Voice)
Aaliyah = street/hood flair with smooth sultry urban vocals

Aaliyah was probably the first chick to have that street hood look, but with sassy vocals! Off course she was in demand equally to the others.
Guru
Guru

Postby Controlfreak » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:34 pm

TIfan wrote:
I agree with this. She was becoming a fixture in Hollywood with the pending movies she had lined up.
Controlfreak
Manager

Postby Guru » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Guru
Guru

Postby biscuits » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:22 pm

On her 40th birthday, she doesn't realise just how much she is in the news currently.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Goldmoney » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:25 pm

She would’ve been the best-looking 40 y.o. there ever was. :cry:
SawyerHewitt wrote:The raw emotion Kween conveys when belting out WBT's climax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY.
Goldmoney
Legend

Postby lovedeluxe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:30 pm

TIfan wrote:
That's kind of hard to say. If "One in a Million" and "Are You That Somebody" were released as physical singles they had a HUGE chance at being #1 on the Hot 100 and easily on the R&B charts. Both singles were massive in the US. I don't know why they didn't just ship 100k just to get the songs to #1. A limited release would have still pushed the singles to the top.

"Try Again" is still the ONLY single ever released to go #1 without a physical single. And spent an impressive 9 weeks at #1 on Hot 100 Airplay. https://www.billboard.com/charts/radio-songs/2000-08-12

OIAM had 6 weeks at #1 on R&B airplay. https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-r- ... 1997-02-08

AYTS had 8 weeks at #1 on R&B airplay. https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-r- ... 1998-09-19

She also missed out on possible top tens with "Rock the Boat" and "More Than a Woman" since there were no physical singles for those either.
lovedeluxe
Roadie

Postby TIfan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Guru wrote:
TIfan wrote:
Are you kidding? They all served different needs and purposes and were all in demand:

Brandy = America’s sweetheart
Monica = new age Whitney for a younger generation aka the new younger Diva (Voice)
Aaliyah = street/hood flair with smooth sultry urban vocals

Aaliyah was probably the first chick to have that street hood look, but with sassy vocals! Off course she was in demand equally to the others.
Um, I was not referring to their entire careers. I was speaking on how Aaliyah was becoming a bigger star during the 00s. Of course they "served their purposes."
TIfan
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion