Manager

Postby Westen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Bojan wrote:You're so pressed to prove Madonna's nonexistent artistry. :lol:
She's just an entertainer.
Your posts are clearly proving my point tho :lol:
Westen
Legend

Postby Bojan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:59 pm

How? It's not me who is trolling topic about Madonna. It's otherwise and it's always you. You're definitely pressed and insecure. But popping up over here with that bullshit won't change anything. It's enough to play their music. It's incomparable. Two worlds. I would like Madonna much more if she was similar to Janet. This is not a football game, I don't have to choose a side. I can like both artists equally, but I don't because they're different.
JanetMade for Now
Kelela • King Krule • Solange • Abul Mogard • SZA • The xx • Tame Impala
Bojan
Manager

Postby Westen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Bojan wrote:How? It's not me who is trolling topic about Madonna. It's otherwise and it's always you. You're definitely pressed and insecure. But popping up over here with that bullshit won't change anything. It's enough to play their music. It's incomparable. Two worlds.
Well it's you always trying to put one down while bringing other up, both chart wise and artistically, which you did both on the last page. :lol:
You're also insulting me now for pointing ot your obvious bias that was known to everyone here. And it's so obvious it hurts, you can't even pretend to hide it :lol:
Your insults only speak about you tho :-?
Westen
Legend

Postby Bojan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Charts are charts, sales are sales. It's irrelevant if your music is the biggest crap in the world, you're commercially the most successful artist if you've sold more records then others. And that's it. Even a though average global sales of Janet's and Madonna's albums was almost the same, between 5 and 6 million, according to that guy that is often mentioned here, from Chart Masters or however. I can't tell anything about it nor erase it nor I'm trying to, all I said was that R&B music wasn't and still isn't very popular in Europe and in that sense Janet's success in Europe was unexpected and exceptional. What that has to do with Madonna or any other artist? Do you want to convince me now that pop music wasn't popular in Europe? Do you want to convince me that Control and True Blue were the same records? Nasty sounds like Papa Don't Preach and What Have You Done For Me Lately sounds like La Isla Bonita? The same genre, style... Give me a break. There was a radio show with music experts on Swedish Radio a few years ago celebrating Control anniversary, and they all agreed that Control sounded very weird, like some alien music compared to current chart hits at the time. They were even playing other top hits from 1986 to prove that. It's your problem if you don't want to accept that and that has nothing to do with Madonna.
JanetMade for Now
Bojan
Manager

Postby Westen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:29 pm

I won't even bother reading the rest of that post after that first sentence, but let's get something straight here: it's you who pointed out how Janet had more top 40s in UK than Mariah and other divas (meaning you're the one bringing chart success), and it's you who called Madonna's artistry NON-EXISTING, which says a lot about what you have to say in general and about your objectivity :lol:
So it'you who's bringing others down here, not someone else :lol:
Westen
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Lol,I imagine if it was a Madonna fan that had written this about Janet,Mariah or any other 'diva'... How hell would break loose calling us insecure,immature,etc.
Also how the now cliches "why can't a person appreciate an artist without bringing another one down" argument would pop up in no time.
But since it was the other way round it's all fine ,I guess :roll:
BodyShop
Manager

Postby Bojan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 pm

:lol:

JanetMade for Now
Bojan
Manager

Postby Gravity » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 pm

^^ that was so adorable :lol: :lol:
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Bojan wrote:The other difference is that Madonna was always following trends in music, doing what's popular and she's still doing that, whilst Janet was starting trends and risking.
I am a big fan of both: Janet and Madonna. But you are talking rubish here, Bojan. Everybody who knows a little about 80s/90s music, knows Madonna is applauded because of her trend setting. Not only by fans, but also by the media. She was already trend setting with Like A Virgin. She either sang lyrics no one before her dared sing, she dressed like no one before her dared, she made videos no female singer did before, she started doing tours that were a blue print for many artist to follow, she worked with writers and producers hardly anyone had heard of. You can say a lot about Madonna, but not that she was following trends.
RayRay
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 pm

RayRay wrote:
Bojan wrote:The other difference is that Madonna was always following trends in music, doing what's popular and she's still doing that, whilst Janet was starting trends and risking.
I am a big fan of both: Janet and Madonna. But you are talking rubish here, Bojan. Everybody who knows a little about 80s/90s music, knows Madonna is applauded because of her trend setting. Not only by fans, but also by the media. She was already trend setting with Like A Virgin. She either sang lyrics no one before her dared sing, she dressed like no one before her dared, she made videos no female singer did before, she started doing tours that were a blue print for many artist to follow, she worked with writers and producers hardly anyone had heard of. You can say a lot about Madonna, but not that she was following trends.
Albeit every single word you wrote is true,RayRay, it's useless !
The minute you see someone (especially someone who's familiar with pop music a.k.a. a Janet Jackson fan) saying Madonna has no artistry whatsoever,you know they're hands down trolling :wink:
Plain & Simple !
BodyShop
Manager

Postby Bojan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:45 pm

RayRay wrote:
Lyrically and visually trend-setting, but not musically. She was very brave and she's an important figure in pop culture, no one is denying that. But she was following trends in music, she never built her own musical style or invented a sub-genre like New Jack Swing or industrial sound or something like that. That's what I was talking about, not about nudity or about controversial subjects in her songs and music videos. I respect that, I am rebellious myself, but I was talking about something else.
JanetMade for Now
Bojan
Manager

Postby RayRay » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Haha! Typical of you, Bojan, to pick just a little of what I wrote. You just proved BodyShop is right about you.
Janet didn't invent New Jack Swing. Neither did Madonna invent Vogueing, but she did set a trend by bringing it to the masses.
No one did music like True Blue (or other songs from that album like La Isla Bonita).
Nobody did music like Like A Prayer.
Nobody did music like Erotica.
Nobody did music like Ray of Light.
Nobody did music like Music.
Most of her albums were praised as giving us a new sound.
RayRay
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Bojan wrote:
Lyrically and visually trend-setting, but not musically. She was very brave and she's an important figure in pop culture, no one is denying that. But she was following trends in music, she never built her own musical style or invented a sub-genre like New Jack Swing or industrial sound or something like that. That's what I was talking about, not about nudity or about controversial subjects in her songs and music videos. I respect that, I am rebellious myself, but I was talking about something else.
Big lol to you,Bojan !
I'll live you with this :

:wink:
BodyShop
Manager

Postby Bojan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 pm

That's not artistry, that's a shock value and good marketing. She didn't direct those videos, she's not a choreographer, musician. She never wrote a song without someone's help, and she's not writing music. That's why she's just an entertainer. We've been discussing this already and I won't be repeating myself. You can always find our old discussion, since that nothing has changed since then, or continue the conversation about this in Madonna or some other thread. Just an advice because we're off topic.
JanetMade for Now
Bojan
Manager

Postby RayRay » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Bojan wrote:That's not artistry, that's a shock value and good marketing. She didn't direct those videos, she's not a choreographer, musician. She never wrote a song without someone's help, and she's not writing music. That's why she's just an entertainer. We've been discussing this already and I won't be repeating myself. You can always find our old discussion, since that nothing has changed since then, or continue the conversation about this in Madonna or some other thread. Just an advice because we're off topic.
You start to sound like someone who doesn't know a thing about Madonna. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Her first Billboard Top 5 hit (Lucky Star) was written by Madonna without a co-writer.
Another one is her European Top 10 hit Gambler.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Bojan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:05 pm

IMPRESSIVE! Let's move on now. :lol:
JanetMade for Now
Bojan
Manager

Postby RayRay » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Bojan wrote:IMPRESSIVE! Let's move on now. :lol:
Good.

Just a little advice: get yourself informed next time before talking a legend down.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Westen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:10 pm

RayRay wrote:
Bojan wrote:IMPRESSIVE! Let's move on now. :lol:
Good.

Just a little advice: get yourself informed next time before talking a legend down.
He's informed very well, that's why he's filled with hatred :lol:
Westen
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Bojan wrote:That's not artistry, that's a shock value and good marketing. She didn't direct those videos, she's not a choreographer, musician. She never wrote a song without someone's help, and she's not writing music. That's why she's just an entertainer. We've been discussing this already and I won't be repeating myself. You can always find our old discussion, since that nothing has changed since then, or continue the conversation about this in Madonna or some other thread. Just an advice because we're off topic.
Thanks for the advice,I appreciate it !
But I think you're not more qualified to talk about artistry than all of the producers who have worked with Madonna all these years.
From Stephen Bray,to Pat Leonard,Mirways,Orbit,Pettibone,Price... You name it.
Absolutely all of them were adamant ,while talking to interviewers in different time spams (i.e. not during album releases) ,about how hands down she is and how,without her guidance ,the album they were working for,would not become what they did.
Madonna always brought ideas and developed them together with whomever she was working with . That's artistry. Artistry =Creativity :wink:
Plus ,choosing and creating visuals,designing stages,creating music videos along with a director ,changing her sound and image constantly , etc ... All that is 'artistry'.
And what's with this 'she's not writing music' ?? :lol:
You have got to be kidding ,right ?

Here's the meaning of 'artistry' ,in case you don't know (and I assume you don't) :
art·ist·ry
ˈärdəstrē/
noun
creative skill or ability.
Even if she hadn't done any of those things you mentioned above and was mostly known for being a singer only (like Whitney or Celine),she'd still be known for her artistry. Or do you think they aren't either ? :-?

You should simply apologize and admit you said bollocks but I guess that would be way too much for you to do :wink:
BodyShop
Manager

Postby Bojan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 pm

New jack swing

The genre's run-time spanned from 1986 ("Nasty" by Janet Jackson) to 1995 ("Scream" by Michael and Janet Jackson). A collaboration between former members of Minneapolis music group The Time, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, and Janet Jackson originated the style that came to be known as new jack swing with Jackson's third studio album, Control (1986). The success of Control bridged the gap between R&B and rap music.

Musicologist Richard J. Ripani PhD, author of The New Blue Music: Changes in Rhythm & Blues, 1950–1999 (2006)
Last edited by Bojan on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JanetMade for Now
Bojan
Manager

Postby YouMakeMeFeel » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 pm

I have been listening to Feedback a lot lately. Such a banger!

The only thing I don't like is the lyric: "cause my swag is serious, something heavy like a first day period"

I have been singing: "cause my swag is serious, once you get a taste, you gon' wanna hit on this"

:lol:
Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack
YouMakeMeFeel
Manager

Postby biscuits » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Let me go through this. What I’ll say for now is, this is a JANET JACKSON thread, not a Madonna appreciation thread.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Westen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:39 pm

biscuits wrote:Let me go through this. What I’ll say for now is, this is a JANET JACKSON thread, not a Madonna appreciation thread.
I said 'They are comparable' and then it turned into "Madonna is not an artist thread". Be objective for a change.
Westen
Legend

Postby RayRay » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 pm

biscuits wrote:Let me go through this. What I’ll say for now is, this is a JANET JACKSON thread, not a Madonna appreciation thread.
You disappoint me here, biscuits. No one here would feel it is a Madonna appreciation thread if Bojan hadn't put her down. It would have been better if you'd said: this is a Janet Jackson thread, not a talk Madonna down thread.
RayRay
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion