Janet Jackson

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

 

Random Song Poll - which do you prefer?

Throb
7
33%
Let's Wait Awhile
14
67%
 
Total votes : 21

Postby BodyShop » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:45 pm

biscuits wrote:Let me go through this. What I’ll say for now is, this is a JANET JACKSON thread, not a Madonna appreciation thread.
Sure,because the all-evil Madonna fans invaded poor Janet's thread to appreciate Madonna . Surely cause we had nothing better to do,I assume.
Not that the said poster(Bojan) should be warned or anything but to twist things just like you did is so wrong,Biscuits,even though Janet is your fave,you should've known why all this happened before saying 'this is not a Madonna appreciation thread' as if it all happened out of nothing of our part.
Well,you're the moderator here,do as you please !
User avatar
BodyShop
Manager
 
Posts: 4416
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015

Postby Bojan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Westen wrote:
Bojan wrote:Top 75s
Madonna 75
I can't ignore this stat because 60 out of those 75 went top 10 :lol:
NothingFails wrote:^ ugh.. this s**t is why Janet fans give me shit because they really believe its impossible to be a fan of both artists because Madonna fans always love to belittle Janet's accomplishments next to hers or Michael's.
That's how it started. And then I said their music is incomparable and it is. It's not even the same genre. Every "fight" started when Western get something wrong.
Last edited by Bojan on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JanetShe is literally, every artist's favorite artist. She is forever trending. We are living in a Janet Nation. Every day we feel her impact.
User avatar
Bojan
Manager
 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016

Postby biscuits » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 pm

From what I’ve read briefly, everyone was coming down real hard on Bojan for having different views on Madonna. So what? He’s entitled to and he shouldn’t be condemned for doing so, whether it’s this thread, Unpooular Opinions, etc. Most replies have been civil, but some have definitely not been civil.

And to try and expose him as biased is ridiculous. Of course he is biased towards Janet, just like Westen is biased towards Maddy. If a comment was made in the Madonna thread saying ‘I think Janet is less creative than Maddy’, that’s fine. Fans will obviously prop up these faves in their threads.

However, let me read through it all properly.
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 45888
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby NothingFails » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Let's be real.. Madonna and Janet have both been very creative and artistic, have taken risks with mainstream music that chart peers would've been afraid to take.... and they also have sung songs about their p***y :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . Neither of them are exactly Bjork or Kate Bush, nor do they ever need to be.
NothingFails
Legend
 
Posts: 44321
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004

Postby Westen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:53 pm

biscuits wrote:From what I’ve read briefly, everyone was coming down real hard on Bojan for having different views on Madonna. So what? He’s entitled to and he shouldn’t be condemned for doing so, whether it’s this thread, Unpooular Opinions, etc. Most replies have been civil, but some have definitely not been civil.

And to try and expose him as biased is ridiculous. Of course he is biased towards Janet, just like Westen is biased towards Maddy. If a comment was made in the Madonna thread saying ‘I think Janet is less creative than Maddy’, that’s fine. Fans will obviously prop up these faves in their threads.

However, let me read through it all properly.
This is a joke right??

It's not different view, he literally said 'Madonna is not an artist and that's fact you have to deal with'

Ofc this is allowed when mods are just as biased.
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 10856
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby Erotica » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Maybe we need a rule that nobody mentions a name of a different artist in such a topic. No matter who it is, so we all can avoid drama, comparisons and whatever. I like both
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
User avatar
Erotica
Legend
 
Posts: 15337
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014
Location: Germany

Postby Westen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Erotica wrote:Maybe we need a rule that nobody mentions a name of a different artist in such a topic. No matter who it is, so we all can avoid drama, comparisons and whatever. I like both
Except no one else is trolling like bojan, drama always starts when he is the one coming after other artists.
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 10856
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby BodyShop » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 pm

biscuits wrote:If a comment was made in the Madonna thread saying ‘I think Janet is less creative than Maddy’, that’s fine Fans will obviously prop up these faves in their threads.

.
Yep,that's exactly what he did :

Bojan wrote:You're so pressed to prove Madonna's nonexistent artistry. :lol:
She's just an entertainer.
I rest my case .
User avatar
BodyShop
Manager
 
Posts: 4416
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015

Postby NothingFails » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:58 pm

This really does show the difference between older fans who were there in the 80s and 90s and those who got into their respective faves post-internet. Most of us in our 30s love both, we may prefer one to the other but never felt compelled to play the football team BS.
NothingFails
Legend
 
Posts: 44321
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004

Postby BodyShop » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Erotica wrote:Maybe we need a rule that nobody mentions a name of a different artist in such a topic. No matter who it is, so we all can avoid drama, comparisons and whatever. I like both
Or maybe someone should simply stand by what they said till the end instead of trying to twist words in order to look like a poor victm that's been attacked out of nothing.
User avatar
BodyShop
Manager
 
Posts: 4416
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015

Postby AlphaMale » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Bojan wrote:That's not artistry, that's a shock value and good marketing. She didn't direct those videos, she's not a choreographer, musician. She never wrote a song without someone's help, and she's not writing music. That's why she's just an entertainer. We've been discussing this already and I won't be repeating myself. You can always find our old discussion, since that nothing has changed since then, or continue the conversation about this in Madonna or some other thread. Just an advice because we're off topic.
Title Writer(s) Producer(s)
"Control" James Harris III Terry Lewis Janet Jackson James Harris III Terry Lewis Janet Jackson

"Live to Tell" Madonna Leonard Madonna Leonard

Spot the diference?
Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
Him or her I shall follow
User avatar
AlphaMale
Legend
 
Posts: 14749
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012
Location: La Isla Bonita

Postby biscuits » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Westen wrote:
Bojan wrote:Top 75s
Madonna 75
I can't ignore this stat because 60 out of those 75 went top 10 :lol:
It all started with this post. Why did you feel the need to post this, when you are not even talking about Janet, just boasting about Madonna? This is Janet's thread.

After that, Bojan said Madonna and Janet are different musically and Janet is less mainstream for Europe. It's true, New Jack Swing and R&B are less mainstream in the UK compared to pop/dance music. I'm not sure why people would take offence to this comment?

Bojan wrote:The other difference is that Madonna was always following trends in music, doing what's popular and she's still doing that, whilst Janet was starting trends and risking.
Now this is a controversial opinion, but that's all it is, an opinion. We all have them - and opinions are for agreeing and disagreeing. It's how you do that which is important.

Westen wrote:You're full of sh*t.
This is how you DON'T respond.

Then this happened, which I think caused the most drama:

Bojan wrote:You're so pressed to prove Madonna's nonexistent artistry. :lol:
She's just an entertainer.
It's quite a bold comment to make, however, he's free to share that opinion. Remember, this is the Janet Jackson thread - this discussion shouldn't even be happening here. But it's not like Bojan went into the Madonna thread and said this. If that happened, I could easily understand Maddy fans coming for him and understandably so. It's the Janet thread though, where of course, Janet fans will think she is the best, and they will have differing opinions on other artists. For what it's worth, I disagree with Bojan. I think Maddy was particularly risky and creative in the 90s.

Westen wrote:Well it's you always trying to put one down while bringing other up, both chart wise and artistically, which you did both on the last page. :lol:
You're also insulting me now for pointing ot your obvious bias that was known to everyone here. And it's so obvious it hurts, you can't even pretend to hide it :lol:
Your insults only speak about you tho :-?
This whole post was unnecessary. Bojan does indeed put other artists down sometimes, and I've told him about this. However, on the previous page, he was not doing that. He posted Janet's UK chart stats and us actual Janet fans were happy for her success. That's all - nobody was put down. And the big 5 divas get compared all the time. Nobody said anything derogatory about another diva, not once. We were just happy for Jan. But then Westen came in and made it about Madonna. I already posted on the bias comments - everyone on UKMIX is biased towards their favourite diva, this is not news.

Westen wrote:I won't even bother reading the rest of that post after that first sentence, but let's get something straight here: it's you who pointed out how Janet had more top 40s in UK than Mariah and other divas (meaning you're the one bringing chart success), and it's you who called Madonna's artistry NON-EXISTING, which says a lot about what you have to say in general and about your objectivity :lol:
So it'you who's bringing others down here, not someone else :lol:
Maybe you should have read the full post. It had nothing to do with this stupid argument but instead you ignored the post and repeated the same points from your previous post, continuing this even further.

BodyShop wrote:Lol,I imagine if it was a Madonna fan that had written this about Janet,Mariah or any other 'diva'... How hell would break loose calling us insecure,immature,etc.
If Bojan posted his 'non artistic' comment in the Maddy thread, I'd expect him to be annihilated by Maddy stans. And I'm sure there are plenty of comments about Janet and Mariah in the Madonna thread already. And even if there aren't, I'm sure some fans have negative opinions on the other divas - it's not new or shocking. Once again, this is the Janet Jackson thread.

Bojan posted his reasons for thinking Madonna is not artistic musically, albeit with some inaccuracies. However, there's no need to call people names because they got their facts wrong. Try helping them learn instead of arguing with them. If you need an example, look at the posts of NothingFails.

biscuits wrote:Let me go through this. What I’ll say for now is, this is a JANET JACKSON thread, not a Madonna appreciation thread.
Well, this comment didn't go down well. Maybe I could have removed the 'appreciation' part of the post, but regardless, it stands. The reason I said 'appreciation' is because some of Bojan's posts were reported, just because he said unfavourable things about Madonna. This is a place to discuss Janet. If you notice, none of the regular Janet fans even got involved in this argument, because it ruined their thread. The only people involved were Maddy stans. And that's my point - just because a Jan stan made some unfavourable comments about Madonna, we had 3 stans come in to defend her. You don't need to do that, and if you want to, it can be done in a less hostile way. I read crap about Janet all the time on this forum, but it's just opinions of other people. If Bojan made his comment in the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread, then fair enough, discuss it until it gets locked. But this is a thread to talk about Janet. Comparing Janet and Madonna is ok although quite sensitive, but to have two pages about whether Madonna is an artist or not, NO! That does not belong here and I apologise to the regular Janet fans who post in this thread and had to read through this.

Westen wrote:It's not different view, he literally said 'Madonna is not an artist and that's fact you have to deal with'

Ofc this is allowed when mods are just as biased.
So? This isn't a Madonna thread, so a) she shouldn't be discussed here b) don't be emotional when you see a negative thing posted about her. I'm not going to reprimand somebody for having an unfavourable opinion about a diva, especially when it's not in said diva's thread. I read stuff on UKMIX like 'Janet can't sing', 'Janet is only famous cos of MJ', 'Janet is a flop', etc. I might retaliate to these comments as a Janet fan, but as a moderator, I don't need to do anything because they haven't broken any rules. Just like Bojan is free to say what he feels about Madonna. Of course, people are free to reply, but do it in a civilised way instead of making it a drama.

BodyShop wrote:Or maybe someone should simply stand by what they said till the end instead of trying to twist words in order to look like a poor victm that's been attacked out of nothing.
I'm confused. You want him to stand by what he said, but on the previous page, you want him to admit everything he said was bollocks? IMO, Bojan didn't try to play a victim (a phrase which a lot of people love to use I've noticed). He did very well to explain his opinion, which he didn't have to do. This isn't a courtroom.

The reason I had to get so involved was because reports were made. I appreciate that some of you were trying to have a nice debate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on, none of this discussion continues. Let's make this thread about Janet again. The moderating team will decide if any further action needs to be taken.
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 45888
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby RayRay » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Hope Bojan will write his future comments down as opinions, not as facts.

Why is it so hard for some people to love all of the big 5?

Janet has achieved so much, no need to compare.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 10291
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby Gravity » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:20 pm

RayRay wrote:Hope Bojan will write his future comments down as opinions, not as facts.

Why is it so hard for some people to love all of the big 5?

Janet has achieved so much, no need to compare.
All of this.
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
Superstar
 
Posts: 8911
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby Westen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:23 pm

So you only focused on my posts and not the posts that were discrediting other artist (and calling it a fact) or even called me names?

Show a post of mine where i discredited Janet's success or artistry? Or any post that was negative towards her?

Post where i said that bojan calling me names or discrediting madonna was unnecessary, but bojan actually calling me names and actually discrediting madonna wasn't unnecessary?

Yup, biased as ever. Emberassing for a mod.
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 10856
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby biscuits » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:31 pm

You didn't discredit Janet because you didn't even talk about her at all, in her own thread. Nope, instead, you talked about nothing but Madonna - very off-topic. And you shouldn't be calling each other names - to be fair, you started this with comments like 'you're full of s***' and by even bringing up Maddy's name in the first place.

Once again, I'm not going to ban people just because they say something negative about a diva. If Bojan had put down Justin Timberlake or Paula Abdul, I'm sure there wouldn't have been this uproar from you or others. People were just mad because he said something about their fav. Well sorry, but if we warned users every time they criticised another person's favourite artist, this place would be a ghosttown.

Bojan, it may be worth taking the advice of other people here and being less direct with your opinions and stating that they are facts.
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 45888
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby Westen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:39 pm

I didn't talk about Madonna. I pointed out that 60 of them went top 10, hardly different than someone else pointing out how Rihanna has a lot of top 40 hits thanks to 'all those features'.

Show me posts where i talked 'nothing but Madonna'?
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 10856
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby biscuits » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:40 pm

This won't be discussed further. Just move on.
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 45888
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby BodyShop » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 am

Biscuits,thanks for your time and effort but :
#1)stats were being compared and names were being thrown .
Why was there anything offensive about what Westen said when he stayed on the point and simply stated that out of the 75 top 75s Madonna has in the UK,60 of them went top 10? Is there any reason to feel butthurt about it ? Was he downplaying any of the other girls' stats by saying so ? No!
#2) Regarding Bojan,yes,he said offensive things and then ,when confronted,he derived from the subject and started to twist it all by saying Madonna was 'brave' and bla ,bla... Only to then say once again she had nothing but 'shock value'.
If that's his opinion( and he's obviously entitled to it) ,fair enough but you can't expect to say something like that and not to be involved on a discussion.
The way you discuss it is what should be moderated ,in my opinion.
A couple of days ago he was at the Madonna thread sharing his opinion on what her worst song is and why and he was more than welcomed there,actually everyone started mocking M and her loooooong list of godawful songs.
Judging by his logic (that a simple comment -like thw one Westen made- is nothing but a shade towards one's fave ) ,we could've assumed he was simply downplaying Madonna and it would be justified if any of us started attacking Janet and her 'Artistry'?
It's ok though. I won't be the one to confront you and keep this going .
User avatar
BodyShop
Manager
 
Posts: 4416
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015

Postby biscuits » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 am

The problem is that Westen’s initial post was nothing about Janet, just Madonna. This is Janet’s thread.

And I agree, it’s how you respond which should be moderated, which is what I emphasised in my report. Producing counter arguments if you disagree is good, attacking a member for their opinion is bad and doesn't prove anything.

If Bojan went into a Madonna thread and started talking about Madonna songs, great! If Westen or anybody else did the same about Janet songs in a Janet thread, also great.
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 45888
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby TIfan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 am

I think Janet should focus on building a touring status in Europe. She can perform at the award shows over there, and perform at smaller arenas.

I also think she should do more festivals. Id love for her to gain her touring status around the world again.
User avatar
TIfan
Legend
 
Posts: 11553
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008

Postby Bojan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 am

She should do the biggest festivals in Europe. It's better than touring because she would be introduced to very young people. That would be beneficial for any veteran artist and I'm really happy she's doing Panorama. It's the festival for cool, relevant artists and it has cool, young audience.
JanetShe is literally, every artist's favorite artist. She is forever trending. We are living in a Janet Nation. Every day we feel her impact.
User avatar
Bojan
Manager
 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016

Postby CandyShop » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:36 am

biscuits wrote:The problem is that Westen’s initial post was nothing about Janet, just Madonna. This is Janet’s thread.

And I agree, it’s how you respond which should be moderated, which is what I emphasised in my report. Producing counter arguments if you disagree is good, attacking a member for their opinion is bad and doesn't prove anything.

If Bojan went into a Madonna thread and started talking about Madonna songs, great! If Westen or anybody else did the same about Janet songs in a Janet thread, also great.
U totally missed the point.
And u re supposed to be a mod!! Embarrassing!!
CandyShop
Manager
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015

Postby biscuits » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:26 am

Oh, a Maddy stan doesn’t like my moderating. Nothing new.
User avatar
biscuits
The Diva
 
Posts: 45888
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010

Postby red3269 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:57 am

How could a list create such drama? :lol:

Anyway, back to Janet...i've followed her my entire adult life but I didn't know she had 42 top 75s in the UK. Her chart success is very underrated there.
red3269
Manager
 
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014

Return to General Artists Discussion