Nothing
No votes
No Sleeep
6%
Dammn Baby
3%

Total votes : 154

Postby TIfan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:10 am

I've always said Janet looks like Eartha Kitt.
TIfan
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:07 pm

All I see is 'Feedback' vibes. She looks STUNNING.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby LambChild » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:25 pm

Seeing her in Boston in 4 Days!!
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:49 pm

LambChild wrote:Seeing her in Boston in 4 Days!!
Lucky you, I'm happy 4 ya!! :D :D

Don't forget to post us a review, later. :P
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby RayRay » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:53 pm

TIfan wrote:I've always said Janet looks like Eartha Kitt.
I've never seen it, but on those latest pictures they sure look alike. :o
RayRay
Superstar

Postby Bojan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:12 am

Jennifer Hudson and Janet in Chicago

Boston Globe: Janet Jackson’s career has been marked by bold moves
The pop landscape of the 1980s — and the decades that followed — would have been a very different place had Janet Jackson not decided to go her own way.

“Control” established her as a pop star on the level of her brother; “Rhythm Nation” showed how her feather-light voice could roar with the big cats; “Janet” established her as an artist who could amalgamate while pushing forward. “The Velvet Rope” is undoubtedly a titanic achievement; it’s been cited as a precursor to any number of liberatory pop moments, from Christina Aguilera’s ragged “Stripped” to Kanye West’s AutoTune-cloaked “808s and Heartbreak.” 2015’s “Unbreakable” was a triumph, a return to form that didn’t feel like a simple rehashing of her past or an awkward grab toward the present.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/2017/1 ... story.html
Bojan
Manager

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:19 am

These reviews are doin' her justice! 8-)
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby Bojan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:31 am

Kelela: 'You can never have enough music that empowers black women'
The singer was born Kelela Mizanekristos to Ethiopian immigrant parents in Washington, D.C., and grew up feeling like an outsider in Maryland. Her father gave her Janet Jackson’s “Rhythm Nation 1814” album as a child, and her future came into focus.

“It checked all the boxes,” she says. “The solid, incredible songwriting was so stimulating, even without the production. But on the production side there is so much innovative stuff happening. It is so rich sonically. And then in terms of reference, the (accompanying) film, the world she created around it, the message she wanted to share, it was really valuable as a template, a guide.”
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... story.html
Bojan
Manager

Postby Bojan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:49 am

Over 3 million monthly listeners on Spotify.
Bojan
Manager

Postby Bojan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:19 am

"That wasn't a selfie, that's just me." :lol:
https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagram.co ... 7328_n.mp4
Bojan
Manager

Postby Pawlu84 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:15 am

Bojan wrote:Jennifer Hudson and Janet in Chicago

[img]//www.ukmix.org/proxy.php?code=b9346b67ab5bf4931d472e8a9313f69b9f649c65e25a618c2ada25a142cd657b&url=aHR0cDovL3RoYXRncmFwZWp1aWNlLm5ldC93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAxNy8xMS9qYW5ldC1qZW5uaWZlci1odWRzb24tdGdqLTYwMHg2MDAuanBn[/img]

Boston Globe: Janet Jackson’s career has been marked by bold moves
The pop landscape of the 1980s — and the decades that followed — would have been a very different place had Janet Jackson not decided to go her own way.

“Control” established her as a pop star on the level of her brother; “Rhythm Nation” showed how her feather-light voice could roar with the big cats; “Janet” established her as an artist who could amalgamate while pushing forward. “The Velvet Rope” is undoubtedly a titanic achievement; it’s been cited as a precursor to any number of liberatory pop moments, from Christina Aguilera’s ragged “Stripped” to Kanye West’s AutoTune-cloaked “808s and Heartbreak.” 2015’s “Unbreakable” was a triumph, a return to form that didn’t feel like a simple rehashing of her past or an awkward grab toward the present.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/2017/1 ... story.html
Janet looks younger!!! :o
Pawlu84
Manager

Postby LambChild » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:28 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:
Lucky you, I'm happy 4 ya!! :D :D

Don't forget to post us a review, later. :P
Well I mean it’s about time. I bought these tickets in August of 2015 :lol:
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby TIfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:55 am

Random Question:

Do you guys think that Janet albums having so many tracks played a role in her not having mega sales like many other big names artist? I remember being younger, it was so annoying trying to listen to albums with tons of tracks because taps were very popular and cheaper. It was easy to get them, but long albums were tough to listen to.
TIfan
Legend

Postby Bojan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:37 am

Nah. That would affect her sales in America, Asia or Africa too. It's only Europe. Urban R&B wasn't popular in Europe. Considering that, her sales in Europe were great, but not as great as in America and Asia. That's all.

The same goes for Beyoncé.
Bojan
Manager

Postby TIfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:51 pm

Bojan wrote:Nah. That would affect her sales in America, Asia or Africa too. It's only Europe. Urban R&B wasn't popular in Europe. Considering that, her sales in Europe were great, but not as great as in America and Asia. That's all.

Well Beyonce is pretty huge in Europe based on her sales. She lost many Asian countries.

I wonder if Janet will head back to Asia and Europe for her tour!
TIfan
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:52 pm

So it is tomorrow, have a great time :)
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:42 pm

TIfan wrote:
Bojan wrote:Nah. That would affect her sales in America, Asia or Africa too. It's only Europe. Urban R&B wasn't popular in Europe. Considering that, her sales in Europe were great, but not as great as in America and Asia. That's all.

Well Beyonce is pretty huge in Europe based on her sales. She lost many Asian countries.

Beyonce doesn't have many hits here. Her albums and tours do well.

But Janet also did well with albums and tours. Even singles did well, although didn't chart as high as in the US.
I hope Janet will tour Europe again. It's been a long time since I've seen her live.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby TIfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:47 pm

I honestly believe that if "Rock With You " was the first single from Discipline, things would have been different. That song had international hit all over it.
TIfan
Legend

Postby Bojan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:26 pm

RayRay wrote:
TIfan wrote:

Beyonce doesn't have many hits here. Her albums and tours do well.

But Janet also did well with albums and tours. Even singles did well, although didn't chart as high as in the US.
I hope Janet will tour Europe again. It's been a long time since I've seen her live.
This. Janet was as huge as Beyonce in Europe. I know it's unfair to compare her latest albums because sales are much lower in general, but in Europe Dangerously in Love sold like The Velvet Rope, Janet or Design of a Decade, not like Let's Talk About Love or True Blue. The same goes for the most successful Destiny’s Child album. It's simply because that kind of music is not popular in Europe as much as in the USA or Asia and that affects their global sales.
Bojan
Manager

Postby TIfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:52 pm

Destiny's Child and Beyonce were bigger in Europe than Janet. Lets be honest guys. Singles, albums, and tours, Janet is no Beyonce in Europe. Remember Beyonce started in 2003, not 1993. They have sold near the same amount of albums, and Janet came from the biggest album selling era of all time. There may be a few countries were Beyonce is not really known, but overall, she is much bigger in Europe than what Janet was.
TIfan
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:16 pm

TIfan wrote:Destiny's Child and Beyonce were bigger in Europe than Janet. Lets be honest guys. Singles, albums, and tours, Janet is no Beyonce in Europe. Remember Beyonce started in 2003, not 1993. They have sold near the same amount of albums, and Janet came from the biggest album selling era of all time. There may be a few countries were Beyonce is not really known, but overall, she is much bigger in Europe than what Janet was.
I doubt this. Janet was everywhere from What Have You Done For Me Lately till Together Again.
Beyonce never had many hits here. And certainly not for as many years as Janet.
People forget how huge Janet was here.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby TIfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 pm

RayRay wrote:
TIfan wrote:Destiny's Child and Beyonce were bigger in Europe than Janet. Lets be honest guys. Singles, albums, and tours, Janet is no Beyonce in Europe. Remember Beyonce started in 2003, not 1993. They have sold near the same amount of albums, and Janet came from the biggest album selling era of all time. There may be a few countries were Beyonce is not really known, but overall, she is much bigger in Europe than what Janet was.
I doubt this. Janet was everywhere from What Have You Done For Me Lately till Together Again.
Beyonce never had many hits here. And certainly not for as many years as Janet.
People forget how huge Janet was here.
Where are you from?

Beyonce has had hits all over Europe. Janet has sold what, 11 million albums in Europe with 14 releases.?.? Beyonce has sold 9.3 million in Euro with 6 releases!
TIfan
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:32 pm

I'm from Europe. And Control, Rhythm Nation 1814, janet. and The Velvet Rope were huge albums here.
As were the singles.

Beyonce may have sold more albums with less albums (which makes sense as Janet's later and early albums didn't sell well), but her era's were never as huge as Janet's.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby Bojan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:34 pm

She didn't sell more than Janet, though. Janet had 3 albums sold in over 2 million in Europe, Beyonce one. Even in the USA, Beyonce's best selling album sold less than Control, not to mention Rhythm Nation or Janet.
Last edited by Bojan on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bojan
Manager

Postby TIfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Bojan wrote:She didn't sell more than Janet, though. Janet had 3 albums sold in over 2 million in Europe, Beyonce one.
DIL and IASF both sold over 2.7 million in Europe. More than any Janet album. Also, remember Janet came from a climate where album sales were at a peak. Her biggest seller in Europe is like 2.4 million.
TIfan
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion