Nothing
No votes
No Sleeep
7%
Dammn Baby
3%

Total votes : 161

Postby Bojan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:59 pm

I hope that she will promote, only because I want to see her performing on a TV. It's been nearly eight years since her last TV performance. But I hope that she won't be giving interviews.
Bojan
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:48 pm

TIfan wrote:
Bojan wrote:She didn't sell more than Janet, though. Janet had 3 albums sold in over 2 million in Europe, Beyonce one.
DIL and IASF both sold over 2.7 million in Europe. More than any Janet album. Also, remember Janet came from a climate where album sales were at a peak. Her biggest seller in Europe is like 2.4 million.
I agree with you TIfan, I've been following charts and Beyonce indeed scored bigger than Janet in Europe. And she does have several bonafide hits in Europe, I remember her slaying nearly everyone in Europe with her IASF era back in 2008/2009, and I'm not even counting her DC's work. Nowadays, the market climate has changed and albums don't sell that much anymore, so Beyonce's sales won't ever go back to what they were, however her legacy is so big in Europe that her Tours are a major force and big events there, she's on par with Madonna's touring power in Europe these days. R&B music was never that big in Europe but IMO Beyonce has been the biggest female R&B sensation Europe has met (Mariah scored it big there as an AC star and Whitney was multi-format / AC).
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby LambChild » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:35 pm

She was on fire last night!

I have to give it to her. She really built this tour from the ground up and I’m so glad she cancelled The Unbreakable Tour so that I could see this one. l think people sharing videos and seeing how great the show was really sold the tickets. The arena was fairly packed.

She turns Together Again into a party! What About is very moving. Her dancers tell an incredible story while she sings it and it definitely brought tears to the audience’s eyes. She never misses a beat and she was worth the two and a half year wait :P She really is one of THE greatest performers of all time.
funny how one can learn
to grow numb to the madness
and block it away
LambChild
Manager

Postby BlueScorpion » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:28 am

I was waiting for you review, I'm so glad you liked it and she lived up to your expectations! Janet truly is a hell of a performer! 8-)
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby TIfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:32 am

So random, but growing up, I'd say Janet was the most popular star I remember as a child. Could be the neighborhood I lived in, but she was just so massive. I also thought many of her early videos were current. All of my cousins and I were whopped for breaking a chair, trying to do the move she did in "Pleasure Principle."
TIfan
Legend

Postby JJeffs » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:47 am

TIfan wrote:So random, but growing up, I'd say Janet was the most popular star I remember as a child. Could be the neighborhood I lived in, but she was just so massive. I also thought many of her early videos were current. All of my cousins and I were whopped for breaking a chair, trying to do the move she did in "Pleasure Principle."
Better the chair than your leg I guess - sounds dangerous! haha. Iconic video and move tho.

She was huge for me as a kid too. Looking back, I think maybe it was the quantity of radio singles she put out starting with the Control era. So. Many. Hits. It seemed like she always had a new song out. 86-94 seemed like constant Janet on the radio. Whereas other big artists of the time maybe had shorter album eras with fewer radio singles? But who knows, I'm not looking at statistics. Michael, Whitney, Madonna, Prince... they all were so massive in that same time frame. What a time it was to be alive!
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby Bojan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:22 am

MrLeonix wrote:
TIfan wrote:
Bojan wrote:She didn't sell more than Janet, though. Janet had 3 albums sold in over 2 million in Europe, Beyonce one.
DIL and IASF both sold over 2.7 million in Europe. More than any Janet album. Also, remember Janet came from a climate where album sales were at a peak. Her biggest seller in Europe is like 2.4 million.
I agree with you TIfan, I've been following charts and Beyonce indeed scored bigger than Janet in Europe. And she does have several bonafide hits in Europe, I remember her slaying nearly everyone in Europe with her IASF era back in 2008/2009, and I'm not even counting her DC's work. Nowadays, the market climate has changed and albums don't sell that much anymore, so Beyonce's sales won't ever go back to what they were, however her legacy is so big in Europe that her Tours are a major force and big events there, she's on par with Madonna's touring power in Europe these days. R&B music was never that big in Europe but IMO Beyonce has been the biggest female R&B sensation Europe has met (Mariah scored it big there as an AC star and Whitney was multi-format / AC).
She was hardly slaying nearly everyone with 2.7 million copies sold. We can say that for Adele eventually, whose album sold more in Europe than all Beyonce's albums combined. And that was the point of this story. It's impossible to say who was bigger in Europe. Beyonce is maybe bigger touring force now than Janet at her age, but Janet was still having massive hits in her mid 30s and Beyonce's last big hit was in 2008, I think. Yes, it's a different climate and Beyonce never had a million-selling single in the UK. Her biggest hits were sold like "Together Again," but to be as big as "Together Again" (actually sold better than "Single Ladies") in today's climate, they should be sold in around 2 million copies at least. So everything is relative and it's impossible to say.
Last edited by Bojan on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bojan
Manager

Postby TIfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:30 am

I think legacy will determine who was bigger and where. In 10 years, if Beyonce can sell out stadiums in Europe like she is doing now, that will answer the question. If not, that will be the other answer as to who was bigger there.
TIfan
Legend

Postby Bojan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:37 am

Legacy is not determined by commercial success, though. Billy Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Kate Moss, Janis Joplin, Selena, Enya... There are many, many artists with huge and undeniable legacy that didn't have record-breaking tours, stadium shows etc. What's more, Beyonce is Janet's legacy too.
Bojan
Manager

Postby BlueScorpion » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:42 am

Janet posted this on her social media as we speak:

And the top rated comment:

Damn... In this scenario, Beyonce is Michelle...
:lol:
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Bojan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:44 am

That's funny! What a coincidence. :lol:
Bojan
Manager

Postby TIfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:47 am

Bojan wrote:Legacy is not determined by commercial success, though. Billy Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Kate Moss, Janis Joplin, Selena, Enya... There are many, many artists with huge and undeniable legacy that didn't have record-breaking tours, stadium shows etc. What's more, Beyonce is Janet's legacy too.
Kate Moss the model?

Beyonce is Tina Turner's legacy. Without her work on stage, she would not be who she is today. Yes she gets praised for her albums nowadays, but its all about her performance. Thanks to the other important Tina in her life.

Billie, Ella, and Enya were big sellers for their days. Enya can still hit 1 million in pure sales around the globe. Selena died far too young for her age, but she has the best selling Spanish album in US I believe. Beyonce and Janet are commercial pop stars. They are not like Joni Mitchell or Bjork. If commercial success meant nothing in this topic, then why discuss 2 million sellers in Europe, or Beyonce not having a million seller in UK? Beyonce's legacy in Europe seems to be more about her tours. Thats where she stands over there. But if we mention sells, she sold around 1.5 million less albums than Janet there with only 6 albums. Janet had 14 albums with 11 million. Beyonce has 6 albums with 9.5 million.
TIfan
Legend

Postby TIfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:55 am

BlueScorpion wrote:Janet posted this on her social media as we speak:

And the top rated comment:

Damn... In this scenario, Beyonce is Michelle...
:lol:
3 Queens of Urban music.
TIfan
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:00 am

Bojan wrote:She was hardly slaying nearly everyone with 2.7 million copies sold. We can say that for Adele eventually, whose album sold more in Europe than all Beyonce's albums combined. And that was the point of this story. It's impossible to say who was bigger in Europe. Beyonce is maybe bigger touring force now than Janet at her age, but Janet was still having massive hits in her mid 30s and Beyonce's last big hit was in 2008, I think. Yes, it's a different climate and Beyonce never had a million-selling single in the UK. Her biggest hits were sold like "Together Again," but to be as big as "Together Again" (actually sold better than "Single Ladies") in today's climate, they should be sold in around 2 million copies at least. So everything is relative and it's impossible to say.
The IASF era did indeed slay back in 2008/2009, The climate was also different, I don't remember many female stars scoring 2,7million units in Europe with an album back in 2009 to be honest (I think only Gaga's "The Fame" was ahead and a couple others but thats it).

On the other hand back in the 90s several big acts were pulling from 5m to 10m in Europe.

Also Beyonce has two million selling albums in the UK and she has UK #1 hits and just recently the UK charts company revealed "Halo" had passed the 1million mark in "units".

I'm not saying Beyonce was massive in Europe, there are many acts that pulled bigger numbers than her over there. I'm just agreeing with TIfan that Beyonce seemed to have scored bigger success than Janet in Europe.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Bojan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:04 am

I respect your opinion, but I think it's really hard to say.

TIfan wrote:
Bojan wrote:Legacy is not determined by commercial success, though. Billy Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Kate Moss, Janis Joplin, Selena, Enya... There are many, many artists with huge and undeniable legacy that didn't have record-breaking tours, stadium shows etc. What's more, Beyonce is Janet's legacy too.
Kate Moss the model?

Beyonce is Tina Turner's legacy. Without her work on stage, she would not be who she is today. Yes she gets praised for her albums nowadays, but its all about her performance. Thanks to the other important Tina in her life.

Billie, Ella, and Enya were big sellers for their days. Enya can still hit 1 million in pure sales around the globe. Selena died far too young for her age, but she has the best selling Spanish album in US I believe. Beyonce and Janet are commercial pop stars. They are not like Joni Mitchell or Bjork. If commercial success meant nothing in this topic, then why discuss 2 million sellers in Europe, or Beyonce not having a million seller in UK? Beyonce's legacy in Europe seems to be more about her tours. Thats where she stands over there. But if we mention sells, she sold around 1.5 million less albums than Janet there with only 6 albums. Janet had 14 albums with 11 million. Beyonce has 6 albums with 9.5 million.
I can only repeat that legacy is not determined by commercial success and add to it that Janet was a bigger commercial success than Beyonce, even in Europe. Not to mention the USA and Japan. When Beyonce is 51 she will probably have more albums than Janet when she's 71. That will change the statistics.
Last edited by Bojan on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bojan
Manager

Postby TIfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:06 am

Both are incredible Divas, and Janet probably reading right now so we must stop Bojan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TIfan
Legend

Postby TIfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:29 am

Do you guys remember Monifah's big hit "Touch It?" I swore that was Janet Jackson for a long time.
TIfan
Legend

Postby YouMakeMeFeel » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:04 pm

Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack
YouMakeMeFeel
Manager

Postby Bojan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Awww, so cute. They always loved and respected each other. :)

Janet shared this photo from 2015. These previously unreleased photos are better than most of those used in the booklet.

BTW, this guy... :lol:
Last edited by Bojan on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bojan
Manager

Postby JJeffs » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:24 pm

^great photo of her on instagram!
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby Bojan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:33 pm

The photo with Beyonce and Mary J was deleted. It was probably her team and Janet was like: Take that down! :lol:

Brandy would love to work with Janet: “Her backgrounds are some of the best... some of the best harmonies & melodies I’ve ever heard”
https://twitter.com/Chameleon876/status ... 5193034753
Bojan
Manager

Postby Pawlu84 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:02 pm

I always though All I See has Janet written all over it, in fact Iove it. :)
Pawlu84
Manager

Postby TIfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Bojan wrote:The photo with Beyonce and Mary J was deleted. It was probably her team and Janet was like: Take that down! :lol:

Brandy would love to work with Janet: “Her backgrounds are some of the best... some of the best harmonies & melodies I’ve ever heard”
https://twitter.com/Chameleon876/status ... 5193034753
Janet has the best harmonies in my opinion. Vocal diva as well.
TIfan
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Janet looks a nightmare in that photo. :lol:
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby hellohello » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Janet is the Queen of harmonies. She doesn't get much credit with her harmonies. I also love Brandy's harmonies and I can tell that she is hugely inspired by Janet.
Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney
hellohello
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion