No votes
No Sleeep
7%
Dammn Baby
3%

Total votes : 161

Postby topopMAC1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:25 pm

carlos06 wrote:
topopMAC1 wrote:"Whoops Now" was included on the UK version too, so two singles from the "Janet" era on that one. I was going to include all the singles from that era too but they wouldn't have fitted, so decided to go with "Velvet Rope" onwards...
OK. But, who wants to listen to "With U" or "Luv" when "Again" or "Any Time, Any Place" could be in? :-?
Me! ;) I was pretty much a late Janet fan from the "All For You" era onwards and have since gone back... on a proper 2/3CD collection, it'd be different but I just made the CD as a follow on from "Design of A Decade".
"This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"
topopMAC1
Legend

Postby carlos06 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:39 pm

topopMAC1 wrote:
carlos06 wrote:
topopMAC1 wrote:"Whoops Now" was included on the UK version too, so two singles from the "Janet" era on that one. I was going to include all the singles from that era too but they wouldn't have fitted, so decided to go with "Velvet Rope" onwards...
OK. But, who wants to listen to "With U" or "Luv" when "Again" or "Any Time, Any Place" could be in? :-?
Me! ;) I was pretty much a late Janet fan from the "All For You" era onwards and have since gone back... on a proper 2/3CD collection, it'd be different but I just made the CD as a follow on from "Design of A Decade".
Well, I've begun to listen to JJ on 2005... Damita Jo was my first album of hers... :lol:
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & BARBRA STREISAND celebrating their 9th #1 albums this year. Still making history...
carlos06
Manager

Postby nekoocz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Any news ?
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Al3xSaid3 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:34 pm

I loved Luv from her last album.
Al3xSaid3
Manager

Postby spc08 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Luv probably my fave track from the album.
Far as news? No not yet just gossip/blog sites doing what they do best.
spc08
Manager

Postby Nava22 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Discipline was a fine solid effort but the marketing & promotion outside of the USA was shocking. I still think she should have released a 2nd best of before it to remind everyone what she can do. She released a DVD in 2004 called From janet to Damita Jo featuring all the videos from janet, The Velvet Rope, All For You and Damita Jo... there should been have a CD release too.

But whatever she does next she needs to drag her ass to somewhere other than the US for promotion and stick to a decent tour. Don't announce dates then cancel like she did recently!!

Oh and give Jermaine Dupri the heave ho. The So So Def stuff was great back in the late 90's but musically it's not right for Janet right now. Jam & Lewis and Darkchild are all she needs!
"Free me, FreE.M.I!" - sing it Joss!!
Nava22
Manager

Postby naughtynae » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Nava22 wrote:Discipline was a fine solid effort but the marketing & promotion outside of the USA was shocking. I still think she should have released a 2nd best of before it to remind everyone what she can do. She released a DVD in 2004 called From janet to Damita Jo featuring all the videos from janet, The Velvet Rope, All For You and Damita Jo... there should been have a CD release too.

But whatever she does next she needs to drag her ass to somewhere other than the US for promotion and stick to a decent tour. Don't announce dates then cancel like she did recently!!

Oh and give Jermaine Dupri the heave ho. The So So Def stuff was great back in the late 90's but musically it's not right for Janet right now. Jam & Lewis and Darkchild are all she needs!
I wish people would stop saying this now, JD didn't even do much on the last album and LA reid was in charge of the album. I agree she doesnt really mesh well with JD but people love to shift the blame but its Janet thats not been on her A game. JD wasnt on Damita Jo at all and that was still a dissapointment, All for you was good for what it was but still sub par and that was Jam and Lewis all over lets behonest Janets not been the Janet people really knew and loved since TVR era
naughtynae
Legend

Postby Wolves8 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:45 am

Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis can give her good album songs, but they can't give her a Fresh single right now. Darkchild is good as well but Janet should work with some other people.
Wolves8
Manager

Postby nekoocz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:56 am

Wolves8 wrote:Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis can give her good album songs, but they can't give her a Fresh single right now. Darkchild is good as well but Janet should work with some other people.
Darkchild gave her Feedback, whitch was totally unpromoted !!!! :evil:

I´m not really fan of that idea, but she should have at least few songs from Timbo ... and to appear at S.V. pt.2
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Wolves8 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:10 am

There are so many producers out there that can really give her a good 1st radio single, while allowing JJ&TL the chance to provide the bulk of the album. I would love to hear Janet with The Outsyders,Rich Harrison,Swiss Beatz,Brian Kennedy.
Wolves8
Manager

Postby nekoocz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:14 am

Feedback didn´t flop because it was weak ! It could be very huge ...

Darkchild did his job perfect ...
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:46 am

Wolves8 wrote:Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis can give her good album songs, but they can't give her a Fresh single right now. Darkchild is good as well but Janet should work with some other people.
I agree with all your posts in this thread! Jimmy and Terry will make the album solid but yeah not a first single
naughtynae
Legend

Postby Loverboy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Why cant Jimmy Jam and Terry give her a hit ? They've worked so perfectly together and her hits were mostly produced by them.

Everyone wants to see the old Janet and the old Janet can only be brought through JJ&TL hands. She loves sampling songs like she did for AFY the single, maybe she will try it again, I dont know.

I've heard during the time DISCIPLINE was realased LUV was starting to get airplay! Does somebody remember the audience peak?
Loverboy
Superstar

Postby pussycatdollns » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:42 pm

Loverboy wrote:Why cant Jimmy Jam and Terry give her a hit ? They've worked so perfectly together and her hits were mostly produced by them.

Everyone wants to see the old Janet and the old Janet can only be brought through JJ&TL hands. She loves sampling songs like she did for AFY the single, maybe she will try it again, I dont know.

I've heard during the time DISCIPLINE was realased LUV was starting to get airplay! Does somebody remember the audience peak?
All I know is that Janet wanted to have LUV released over Rock With You and LA wasn't having it, so he stopped promotion. Janet knew herself from the material on Discipline that LUV was the strongest contender, so we can't blame her. She knew its potential and her label screwed her over.

Anyway:
from March 9, 2008
http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.p ... v&start=25

robbyds wrote:AI 9.564M. doing well in urban. with a video this can be a big urban. it seems to also have a crossover appeal. IDJ should release it to all formats and do a video for it
Pop music = life
pussycatdollns
Manager

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:21 am

Well with her part in "Why Did I Get Married Too" pretty much confirmed she'd be a fool to ignore the hype. Get a song/single attached to the soundtrack and relaunch in a huge way. Hopefully the movie'll open at number one then she'll have to do the circuit Oprah, Ellen, Letterman, The View, Conan, Late Night, an MTV special. Just attack on as many fronts as possible...
Phew,She better buy stocks in red bull cause it'll take alot of energy. That is if she can be bothered.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby aaliyahman » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:15 am

I didn't actually know there was onna be a sequel to that film! Excellent.

Your promo plan sounds excellent.

I alway think that after her fiasco, Janet just needs to keep plugging away and eventually she will have success again. It happened with Feedback and it will continue
aaliyahman
Superstar

Postby Loverboy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:34 am

pussycatdollns wrote:
Loverboy wrote:Why cant Jimmy Jam and Terry give her a hit ? They've worked so perfectly together and her hits were mostly produced by them.

All I know is that Janet wanted to have LUV released over Rock With You and LA wasn't having it, so he stopped promotion. Janet knew herself from the material on Discipline that LUV was the strongest contender, so we can't blame her. She knew its potential and her label screwed her over.

Anyway:
from March 9, 2008

robbyds wrote:AI 9.564M. doing well in urban. with a video this can be a big urban. it seems to also have a crossover appeal. IDJ should release it to all formats and do a video for it
Thank you so much for the information. It had a respectable airplay considering the situation. Maybe as 1st single it could have done a good job. What killed it was not realasing a video when Feedback started falling and not doing intensive promotion that only happened when the album was OUT and a second round when the album was almost falling out the top 200, when she did Sunset, etc.
Loverboy
Superstar

Postby Troubledjack » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:36 pm

pussycatdollns wrote:

Anyway:
from March 9, 2008

Actually it was the other way around...LA wanted to release Luv, and Janet wanted to go with Rock Wit U. So Janet won, although I agree Luv would have been a much better choice.
Troubledjack
Roadie

Postby naughtynae » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Maybe because its not the 90's anymore? And they aren't as good as they once were judging by the other stuff they've done. But who knows, I stick by what I said before its not just producers that can make her huge again its Janet. The MJ concerts will be a good 're-introduction' for her
naughtynae
Legend

Postby Jark » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:08 pm

As I recall Janet wanted Luv, which is why she was still performing it on Ellen etc when the tour promo began, despite the album promo having finished.
Jark
Superstar

Postby spc08 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:46 pm

AussiePopStar8 wrote:Well with her part in "Why Did I Get Married Too" pretty much confirmed she'd be a fool to ignore the hype. Get a song/single attached to the soundtrack and relaunch in a huge way. Hopefully the movie'll open at number one then she'll have to do the circuit Oprah, Ellen, Letterman, The View, Conan, Late Night, an MTV special. Just attack on as many fronts as possible...
Phew,She better buy stocks in red bull cause it'll take alot of energy. That is if she can be bothered.
I agree about the movie/single hype same worked for her in the "Nutty Professor" with Doesn't Really Matter
spc08
Manager

Postby pussycatdollns » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Troubledjack wrote:
pussycatdollns wrote:

Anyway:
from March 9, 2008

Actually it was the other way around...LA wanted to release Luv, and Janet wanted to go with Rock Wit U. So Janet won, although I agree Luv would have been a much better choice.
Jark wrote:As I recall Janet wanted Luv, which is why she was still performing it on Ellen etc when the tour promo began, despite the album promo having finished.
Janet wanted LUV. Makes perfect sense when we look at the way things unfolded.
Pop music = life
pussycatdollns
Manager

Postby Wolves8 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:20 pm

naughtynae wrote:

Maybe because its not the 90's anymore? And they aren't as good as they once were judging by the other stuff they've done. But who knows, I stick by what I said before its not just producers that can make her huge again its Janet. The MJ concerts will be a good 're-introduction' for her
I agree 100% with you. I love them as well, they are great producers but in 2009 they are not going to be able to give her a 1st single. Like I was saying, they have chemistry with her like no one could imagine but it needs to be for the body of the album.
Wolves8
Manager

Postby JoshuaBuzz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:25 pm

She needs to work with big name producers who can give her some sexy upbeat tracks - Darkchild, Timbo, Jim Beanz, Danja, Bangladesh, Rico Love, T-Pain, Missy - with a couple of slinky ballads and midtempos (The-Dream, Tank). Big name collaborations would also be most welcome. "Call On Me" (with Nelly) and "Son of A Gun" (with Missy) are two of her best songs (and consequently, biggest hits) in recent years and she should go in a similar direction with this next record.
Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.
JoshuaBuzz
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:33 pm

Are there any news ?

There are stupid rumors in cz magazines, that janet is ill and fat again ... :-?
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion