Brandy

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Guru » Wed May 20, 2009 7:59 am

I guess we can all agree that Human has been laid to rest (pun unintended) :lol:
There are reports floating everywhere about this forthcoming release...

Concreteloop may be a "blog" but they have proven to be one of the most reliable sources for urban music.

Even after the release of her latest album, Human, Brandy is already back at work for her sixth studio album.

While on tour in Europe, it has been reported that Brandy will have songs penned by The Dream and will soon go in the studio with Pharrell. She has also been rumored to have been in the studio with Stargate.

It’s not yet known the direction that Brandy is taking for the new album, but will record a duet with her younger brother.
Last edited by Guru on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby RapUpPlayer » Wed May 20, 2009 8:03 am

^^ZuZu is gonna be sooo mad at you. :lol:
RapUpPlayer
Superstar

Postby pollei » Wed May 20, 2009 9:15 am

RapUpPlayer wrote:^^ZuZu is gonna be sooo mad at you. :lol:
:lol:

She already gave up on Human, but I'm glad she wasn't dropped or something similar to that! :D
pollei
Legend

Postby Guru » Wed May 20, 2009 10:19 am

I think Epic would have been fools if they dropped her. It was her debut album with them... she is brand that she's created over the past 15 years. People may say that she is irrelvant in this day and age but I think that if she gave us a more "younger" pop-appealing sound, she could still be relevant!

I hope we get it November this year! That would be awesome! I dont think she can afford to stay away for too long. She just got her name back out there... she needs to throw it around again soon!
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby SholasBoy » Wed May 20, 2009 10:22 am

Zuzu needs to learn that it's not a race to be the first to start a new topic..
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby pussycatdollns » Wed May 20, 2009 12:56 pm

preyan wrote:I think Epic would have been fools if they dropped her. It was her debut album with them... she is brand that she's created over the past 15 years. People may say that she is irrelvant in this day and age but I think that if she gave us a more "younger" pop-appealing sound, she could still be relevant!

I hope we get it November this year! That would be awesome! I dont think she can afford to stay away for too long. She just got her name back out there... she needs to throw it around again soon!
I hope for this November/Christmas. The sales would be through the roof. She'd be competing with Keyshia, but if she brings a hot banger and an uptempo album (I always say the emotion of Human + the feel of Afrodisiac) then she's set. I love Brandy, and Human was one of her most personal and beautiful records.
Pop music = life
pussycatdollns
Manager

Postby Franckoty007 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:09 pm

I used to love Brandy music but besides a few songs I thought Human was a piece of crap.
The fact that some of the bonus/unreleased tracks ("Gonna Find My Love", "Drum Life") were miles better than most of the songs that made the album was a travesty.

Afrodisiac might have flopped but it was an interesting album at least, the last one was unoriginal and boring imo
Eiffel - "Foule Monstre"
Franckoty007
Manager

Postby Guru » Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm

pussycatdollns wrote:
preyan wrote:I think Epic would have been fools if they dropped her. It was her debut album with them... she is brand that she's created over the past 15 years. People may say that she is irrelvant in this day and age but I think that if she gave us a more "younger" pop-appealing sound, she could still be relevant!

I hope for this November/Christmas. The sales would be through the roof. She'd be competing with Keyshia, but if she brings a hot banger and an uptempo album (I always say the emotion of Human + the feel of Afrodisiac) then she's set. I love Brandy, and Human was one of her most personal and beautiful records.
Believe it or not, I would ask Brandy to tone it down a bit (and get less personal). I dont think the masses are ready for something so personal. She got really personal with Full Moon onwards... look at NSN. It was a fun, record that spoke about everything, and people would not take the message personally. Thats what we need. Less personal, more commercial, fun appeal! I want her to get less soulful for the next album and go more pop'ish. Epic is a great label to appeal to more masses than her last label. (JLo is on Epic!!!)

I really want her to achieve commercial success with her next and gain that fanbase back again and then give them true Brandy with the album after that.
Guru
Guru

Postby spc08 » Wed May 20, 2009 2:49 pm

Brandy needs to have a little fun on this album and Right Here was a great way to move in that direction imo.. she need more album tracks along those lines and it'll help with her commerical success too
spc08
Manager

Postby alxx » Wed May 20, 2009 2:52 pm

She needs more uptempo urban tracks to get noticed again. Human was brilliant but not on a commercial level.
alxx
Legend

Postby Zuzu18 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:31 pm

SholasBoy wrote:

Zuzu needs to learn that it's not a race to be the first to start a new topic..
Its not a race, but I did wana make it, but you said not to until a OFFICAL source confirmed it. Funny how you changed the rule.
Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy
Zuzu18
Manager

Postby focus4life » Wed May 20, 2009 6:12 pm

Shola is it possible that someone can merge the last say 10 or more pages of the Human thread in here?

I only ask because it holds alot of information that ppl have already contributed about this new project, like new single and other info like that.

we've known about the sixth album for about a month or two now LOL

YAY Another Brandy album thread and it didn't take 4 years!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

So Dream, Neyo, Stargate, Timbaland are confirmed right.... anyone else?
focus4life
Personal Assistant

Postby SholasBoy » Thu May 21, 2009 10:34 pm

Unfortunately there is no way to merge topics on here at present :(

I really don't see why it matters who created the thread, you wanted to talk about it, so talk about it...
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Zuzu18 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Its about saying one thing to me then totally doing a 360 on it. So whatever. I coulda given a just as credible source as CL.com and made this thread ages ago. But you said not to. But whatever.
Check out my page, and the mad love from Brandy:

www.myspace.com/zuzushafi
http://twitter.com/ZuZuBrandy
Zuzu18
Manager

Postby SholasBoy » Thu May 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Zuzu18 wrote:But whatever.
Cool! Well glad we've reached an agreement.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby pussycatdollns » Fri May 22, 2009 2:47 am

Zuzu18 wrote:Its about saying one thing to me then totally doing a 360 on it. So whatever. I coulda given a just as credible source as CL.com and made this thread ages ago. But you said not to. But whatever.
doing a 360 ends up in the same place
Pop music = life
pussycatdollns
Manager

Postby JoshuaBuzz » Fri May 22, 2009 3:08 pm

pussycatdollns wrote:
Zuzu18 wrote:Its about saying one thing to me then totally doing a 360 on it. So whatever. I coulda given a just as credible source as CL.com and made this thread ages ago. But you said not to. But whatever.
doing a 360 ends up in the same place
LOL! I think he meant 180 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.
JoshuaBuzz
Legend

Postby monica1 » Fri May 22, 2009 3:11 pm

so im confused, what is the fuss all about, are you all really upset that you didnt start a new brandy topic?
http://www.monicasource.com the official home for all Monica Fans
monica1
Personal Assistant

Postby sparkle80 » Sun May 24, 2009 1:26 am

alxx wrote:She needs more uptempo urban tracks to get noticed again. Human was brilliant but not on a commercial level.
So true. I want her to continue to make quality music but she got to release more upbeat R&B/pop singles next time around.
sparkle80
Manager

Postby kman » Fri May 29, 2009 4:36 am

New song leaked called "Decisions" feat Ne-Yo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vE_LKZv ... r_embedded
You just keep affirming everyday, and it will just be there. Brandy
kman
Groupie

Postby ilovetrish » Fri May 29, 2009 4:56 am

http://www.limelinx.com/files/e398d7472 ... 3ed38fc351

NEW BRANDY AND NEYO DUET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ilovetrish
Groupie

Postby Guru » Fri May 29, 2009 7:34 am

Damn, her stuff is leaking already!!! :cry:
I love Ne-Yo... I think they could do wonders together!
Guru
Guru

Postby dereon » Fri May 29, 2009 8:59 am

preyan wrote:Damn, her stuff is leaking already!!! :cry:
I love Ne-Yo... I think they could do wonders together!
I hate him with passion! I hope everything where he is featured on will not make the final cut.
Last edited by dereon on Fri May 29, 2009 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dereon
Legend

Postby siya85 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:11 am

Another one of those pesky Tapemasters Inc mixtapes have just dropped, meaning that we're set for a whole bunch of new exclusive joints to flood the net. Expect some new Ciara soon, but for now take a listen to this Brandy track "Decisions" featuring Ne-Yo and produced by Stargate.

Brandy Feat Ne-Yo - Decisions
[Prod Stargate]
UNTAGGED/NO DJ
Um, this is totally my new R&B jam! Word from one of my readers J.D. is that this is a brand new joint from Brandy that she's using as a buzz track for her upcoming album, and if the purpose was to get people buzzed then mission accomplished. This is straight fire, it's a total classic straight up radio R&B jam of the best kind. Together Ne-Yo and Brandy sound like a match made in urban music heaven, and they both do a fantastic job of expressing the emotion of the song through their vocals, which they always do anyways so it's not much of a surprise. You can definitely hear that Brandy is going for that safer, more commercial sound with this new album, and if it all sounds as good as this then I'm not mad.
Posted by The Prophet at 10:21 PM
siya85
Personal Assistant

Postby focus4life » Fri May 29, 2009 4:08 pm

No leak... just a mixtape...

And dereon your right, I hope Neyo stays off the album vocal wise lol. I like this song, but ONLY because of the lyrics and Brandy's tone which is EXTRAORDINARY!!

I'm glad she is working with people who are relevant in the industry today. Is it just me or does it seem like producers and writers LOVE to get Brandy alone in a studio. Neyo's good but I've NEVER heard his lyrics with that kind of emotion, and the way they layered her voice was great.

Im hoping for about 2 to 3 songs each with like 5 people.

And Timbo needs his own album with her again!!!! Afrodisiac has been my breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the past 2 weeks!!
focus4life
Personal Assistant

Return to General Artists Discussion