A new studio album
76%

Total votes : 17

Postby Controlfreak » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:08 pm

She's gonna guest star on FOX's Star.
Controlfreak
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Girl where is the music? :roll: Remind me why I love you.
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Gravity » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:31 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:Girl where is the music? :roll: Remind me why I love you.
Right. Her and Ashanti piss me off so much. I hate stanning for them.
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby Controlfreak » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:39 pm

Last night she ran into her ex boyfriend Earl "Punchy" Wright. He was her bf during the NSN era. Allegedly he was very abusive (verbally).

This is him at 2:14 mark.

Controlfreak
Manager

Postby biscuits » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:10 pm

MORSHA REUNION!!!!!!!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby biscuits » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Lame reunion. They barely acknowledged Countess who we all know was the real star of the show. And they could have asked about the cliffhanger more
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Controlfreak » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:27 pm

biscuits wrote:Lame reunion. They barely acknowledged Countess who we all know was the real star of the show. And they could have asked about the cliffhanger more
Countess did carry the show. I stopped watching Moesha by Season 4 or so. Never knew Miles got kidnapped or anything. :lol:
Controlfreak
Manager

Postby Controlfreak » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Controlfreak
Manager

Postby Guru » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:29 pm

I didn’t know Brandy co-wrote Selfish for Toni :o

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Gravity » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:08 pm

So you're not reading album credits. Shame on you :P
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby Controlfreak » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Gravity wrote:So you're not reading album credits. Shame on you :P
!!!!!!

Brandy cowrote a few songs; Kelly Rowland's Love/Hate ie
Controlfreak
Manager

Postby Guru » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Controlfreak wrote:
Gravity wrote:So you're not reading album credits. Shame on you :P
!!!!!!

Brandy cowrote a few songs; Kelly Rowland's Love/Hate ie
I reads the album credits 15 years ago and forgot :lol:
Also knew about Kelly Rowland one but forgot
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Controlfreak » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Brandy: I look forward to seeing SA through my daughter's eyes

Cape Town - The Legends of R&B are returning to South Africa in December for another unforgettable experience with Brian McKnight and Brandy Norwood.

With over two decades of experience in the music industry, singer-songwriter Brandy has won numerous awards and accolades, including a Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, for The Boy Is Mine.

But proving she is so much more than just a pop sensation, Brandy anchored the American hit-sitcom Moesha from 1996 to 2001. And went on to portray the first ever black Cinderella in the 1997 Rodgers and Hammerstein fairy tale adaptation. Brandy went on to release the Brandy Barbie Collection and became the first black singer to be the face of American cosmetic brand, CoverGirl.

Brandy - who has visited South Africa before - said that she really enjoys the country and the people: "I remember South Africa so vividly. It's really such a beautiful country." She added that the people she met in South Africa were "genuine."

The last time she was in South Africa she was with her father, but this time around she will be bringing along her mother and her daughter. "I am looking forward to seeing it all again through the eyes of my mother and my daughter," she said.

Speaking about her upcoming performances in South Africa she says: "I love to entertain. I'll be performing some of my classics, as well as songs the fans might not know. It's always such a blessing to hear people singing along to my music."

Brandy - who will be taking to the stage alongside multi-instrumentalist Brian McKnight - says she is "excited" to perform alongside the American singer-songwriter: "I've never worked with him before. But he remains one of my all time favourite singers. He is one of the most talented artists to walk the earth."

Having helped define R&B music during the golden age of the genre in the 90s, Brandy says her approach to making music over the years has never changed. She says: "For me nothing has changed. My songs come from me and I've always related to my music, and it's a way of telling my truth and giving my own version of my life. "I want to continue adding value to my music," she adds.

Brandy reveals that she doesn't want to "put herself in a R&B box," saying: "I love hip-hop and jazz. It all makes sense to me and my reentry into the music industry." Young artists like Rihanna, Sam Smith and Ariana Grande have credited her as an inspiration, with Rihanna tweeting: "Brandy is just the best and that is just it. These vocals never get old."

And Sam Smith tweeted: "Your voice is everything to me." About the high praises she says: "I see that as the highest form of flattery. "I worked with Sam Smith for the first time four years ago, and then again recently. And now I'm one of his biggest fans. It's so great to hear what they [artists inpsired by her] listen to and what they like," she adds.

The star has spent years in the spotlight - it wasn't all easy! - and says if she could give her younger self advice about being in the industry today, it would be: "You're going to make it be strong. Your life is going to be better than ever, just be patient."
Tour Information:

Pretoria
Saturday 9 December 2017
Sun Arena, Time Square
Ticket Price: R480 - R945
Johannesburg
Sunday 10 December 2017
Ticketpro Dome
Ticket Price: R480 - R1000

Cape Town
Tuesday 12 December 2017
Grand Arena, GrandWest
Ticket Price: R480 - R945
Durban
Thursday 14 December 2017
Durban ICC
Ticket Price: R425 - R845
Link
Controlfreak
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:21 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:11 am

She can keep it :D Joking, but I'm not a big Sam Smith fan.
Is she going to release a new album soon? It's been way too long.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Gravity » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:20 pm

I'm not a fan of him either...but Sam Smith duet means expo$ure. New Brandy album is long overdue :(
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby Controlfreak » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Controlfreak
Manager

Postby Gravity » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:22 pm

I don't believe this either. Brandy is nuttier than a fruitcake, but this just doesn't seem like something she would say.
Last edited by Gravity on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby LongingHeart » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:45 pm

But is it a lie tho?!
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby TheRealest » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:15 am

Ugh, I wish she would have never started talking crazy on social media because she’s such an icon! Lately she’s seen as a total joke but she was so important to young black kids in the 90s.
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby Guru » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:12 am

TheRealest wrote:Ugh, I wish she would have never started talking crazy on social media because she’s such an icon! Lately she’s seen as a total joke but she was so important to young black kids in the 90s.
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:45 am

Moesha full espisodes on YouTube.
All seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6husJ ... sCLhFx5NYg
Guru
Guru

Postby Nippian93 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:10 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Controlfreak » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:12 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Brandy Settles Legal Battle w/ Label Over Music

theJasmineBRAND.com exclusively reports, singer Brandy Norwood and her former record label reached a settlement in the lawsuit over her releasing music without their approval and her counter-suit against them. The settlement dismisses all claims against both parties and the case will be closed once the judge signs off on the deal.

Here’s the backstory: As previously reported, Brandy had denied allegations that she breached her deal by releasing new music without their approval and demanding their counter-suit be dismissed ASAP.

Back in July, the singer and actress sued her record label, Chameleon Entertainment, demanding the court void her music deal with the company. She explained that she signed with the label in 2011 and was promised hundreds of thousands to cover production costs for recording. However, she claimed the label covered the expenses for the first album released, but they refused to cover production costs for albums following the first.

She said Chameleon attempted to put pressure on her to pursue non-recording projects such as touring and Broadway shows, which caused her career to be jeopardized due to her not releasing new music. As a result, she sued demanding to be let out of her contract with the label along with a judgement awarding her the hundreds of thousands she was promised.

Chameleon responded, stating that the singer was trying to garner publicity for herself , claiming that her career was over and they took a risk signing Brandy, who hadn’t had a chart single success in over a decade.

Chameleon Entertainment also counter-sued the singer for releasing music without their approval. They denied all of the allegations of wrongdoing in her lawsuit and accused the singer of breaching their deal not them and said any harm caused was her own doing.

Chameleon hit Brandy with a counter-suit explaining everything was fine between them until it was time to record her second album. They said they both agreed to find a different distributor than RCA/Jive, who they used for the first album.

They asked Brandy to participate in recording additional master recordings and auditions, which she was required to do per their deal. She refused to cooperate with the label and would not record any new material. She did release a mixtape and released a song entitled “Beggin & Pleadin” without their approval.

They demanded she cease selling the album and informed her they owned all rights to music she recorded during her contract term. The label sued demanding damages for Brandy’s violation of their deal along with seeking to have the singer’s suit against them tossed.

Brandy responded to the counter-suit filed, explaining Chameleon cannot legally sue her because back on June 26th, 2016 the company

"was legally dissolved by proclamation or annulment of authority by the New York Secretary of State for failure to file and/or pay franchise tax returns for two or more years."

Brandy stated that the record label couldn’t really sue her because they don’t legally exist and thus have no standing to counter-sue.
Read more here
Link

It's finally over.
Controlfreak
Manager

Postby Controlfreak » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:19 am

Controlfreak
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion