Michelle Williams

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby Jesper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:23 pm

lenor wrote:She's going back to Gospel! so it will be an urban/gospel/inspirational album i guess!
meh, I'm not here for that, I wish she would try to get together with Kelly and try to get some contacts from Guetta and Darkchild etc.

But yeah I guess this is where her heart lays
Jesper
Legend

Postby lenor » Tue May 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Michelle was seen hanging with ex dc members Latavia & Letoya yesterday!

:D
lenor
Superstar

Postby lenor » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm

u know what i had a feeling Michelle was signing to a gospel label and its true!

Today it was announced that Michelle has signed to Light Records.

Read it here:

MICHELLE WILLIAMS ANNOUNCES
NEW LABEL DEAL WITH LIGHT RECORDS/eONE
ALL-NEW GOSPEL ALBUM TO BE RELEASED IN 2013 AND A NEW SINGLE WILL BE AT RADIO THIS FALL!

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/MICH ... 9BfKZXcCEg
lenor
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:24 pm

lenor wrote:Michelle was seen hanging with ex dc members Latavia & Letoya yesterday!

So she finally met LaTavia! I didn't know that this post was over a month ago! :o :o
GetBack
Legend

Postby JonathanLGardner » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:37 pm

lenor wrote:u know what i had a feeling Michelle was signing to a gospel label and its true!

Today it was announced that Michelle has signed to Light Records.

Read it here:

MICHELLE WILLIAMS ANNOUNCES
NEW LABEL DEAL WITH LIGHT RECORDS/eONE
ALL-NEW GOSPEL ALBUM TO BE RELEASED IN 2013 AND A NEW SINGLE WILL BE AT RADIO THIS FALL!

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/MICH ... 9BfKZXcCEg
TOMMY SIMS is producing on it WOOOO

PLUS Michelle said she's gonna merge all the genres she's done.

MARY MARY hold tight to your wigs 'cause Tenitra is coming to snatch.

She's already topped the Billboard Gospel album chart with Heart to Yours and the Dance singles chart with "The Greatest".

Mary Mary are a great example of how urban gospel music can crossover over onto the R&B and Dance charts ("Shackles (Praise You)" #28 Hot 100, #9 R&B | "Get Up" #30 R&B, #1 Dance | "God In Me" was #5 R&B, #1 Dance, #68 Hot 100)

With Michelle's dance fan base, I could see her racking up some more dance hits with the right sound.

So excited.

Her voice has grown so much. Her vocals in [/i]What My Husband Doesn't Know are proof of that.

Here she is singing "Number One":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj8AYVg1_AE
JonathanLGardner
Personal Assistant

Postby lenor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:11 am

She said the producer Harmony Samuels has done majority of her album!
She was also in the studio with Warryn Campbell and Mary Mary have written a song for her!!

lenor
Superstar

Postby JonathanLGardner » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:27 am

lenor wrote:She said the producer Harmony Samuels has done majority of her album!
She was also in the studio with Warryn Campbell and Mary Mary have written a song for her!!

Yes this album is going to SNATCH SO HARD!!!

Michelle and Trinity tearing it up on Bobby Jones Gospel with PRAISE HIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MI51w3EAq0
JonathanLGardner
Personal Assistant

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:00 am

I prefer her vocals to Beyonce's by a mile. :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:38 pm

We Break The Dawn is still da sh!t.
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby johnny_d » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:17 pm

Hello Heartbreak was one of my ultimate jams in 2008! Should have been HUGE!!!
Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start
johnny_d
Manager

Postby Guru » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:49 pm

GoodBoyGoneBad wrote:We Break The Dawn is still da sh!t.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby lenor » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:46 pm

aswell as currently touring in the Broadway production Fela!, Michelle now is going to star in her own reality show which will coincide with the release of her new gospel album!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... ity-422622

Go Michelle! :D
lenor
Superstar

Postby lenor » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Fantasia & Michelle Williams have recorded a duet for Michelle's new gospel album!!!!!!!

From Fantasia instagram: Studio Life!!! Recording for my poo @realmichellew GOSPEL ALBUM Produced By @harmonysamuel.. I Love You BOTH

Woooo! Cant wait!
lenor
Superstar

Postby LittleLinda » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Excited for new material from Michelle! Love her!

Btw, I sooooo wish to see her in theater. I was in London during her Chicago stint at the West End, but I missed her and to this day I am still horribly mad at myself! If anyone should hear ANY news about "Fela!" possibly coming to London (or any other European City for that matter), please post it here ASAP! :(
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby lenor » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:49 pm

LittleLinda wrote:Excited for new material from Michelle! Love her!

Btw, I sooooo wish to see her in theater. I was in London during her Chicago stint at the West End, but I missed her and to this day I am still horribly mad at myself! If anyone should hear ANY news about "Fela!" possibly coming to London (or any other European City for that matter), please post it here ASAP! :(
i think Fela actually has some international dates! if you check out this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6OBlo9BoSw
(SKIP TO 59:40) she actually says it might come Germany!!!! so watch out! :wink: i dont know whether Michelle will be participating in the international dates though...
lenor
Superstar

Postby LittleLinda » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Aaaawww, thanks! A glimpse of hope. :D
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby UKMusicLova » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:27 pm

She's doing an Ashanti, going independent with distribution from eOne Music. - From Billboard

The Destiny's Child singer's first album since 2008 is largely produced by Harmony Samuels (Ariana Grande, Kelly Rowland, Fantasia).

After a nearly five-year wait, Michelle Williams is ready to release her fourth album, due out this summer. The Destiny's Child singer's latest, which she calls an "urban inspirational record," will be her first independent release since departing Music World/Columbia Records after the 2008 album "Unexpected." The new album will be issued on her own imprint and distributed by eOne Music.

At the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony this past week, Williams talked about how the forthcoming album (title to be announced) came together -- thanks in part to a chance meeting with producer Harmony Samuels.

Samuels was producing a song on Kelly Rowland's new album, "Talk a Good Game," which happens to feature Rowland's Destiny Child sisters Williams and Beyonce. Williams said "they were like 'Michelle, you gotta work with Harmony!'" Initially hesitant, Williams went to his studio and thought, "Ah ha! I see what the fuss is all about."

Samuels ended up doing nine or 10 songs on Williams' album, which might have about 12 tracks in total. Samuels has been very busy as of late, producing Ariana Grande's recent Billboard Hot 100 top 10 hit "The Way" (featuring Mac Miller) in addition to the Rowland tune and the entirety of Fantasia's new album, "Side Effects of You."

Williams' last album, 2008's "Unexpected," debuted and peaked at No. 42 on the Billboard 200 and No. 11 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums. It's lead single, "We Break the Dawn," reached No. 4 on the Dance/Club Songs chart, while its follow-up, "The Greatest," went to No. 1. The album has sold 34,000 in the U.S. according to Nielsen SoundScan. It followed her two gospel albums, 2004's "Do You Know" and 2002's "Heart to Yours" (No. 1 on the Top Gospel Albums chart).
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby lenor » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Ye i read that she had started her own label! i thought she signed with Light Records tho aswell??! the gospel label.....

anyways, Independent is probably the smartest decision shes made. As a solo artist, she just doesnt fit on a major label. She doesnt really have any solo "hits", isnt a big album seller, never tours and probably hardly makes any money from music as a solo artist bieng on a major, so the whole independent thing is perfect for her and makes sense.

actually super excited for her new album! i have a feeling it will be her best album!
lenor
Superstar

Postby LittleLinda » Wed May 01, 2013 11:15 am

I think that each of her albums have been better than the one before, so I'm really curious to see how number 4 will turn out.
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby UKMusicLova » Tue May 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Can we say hot to trotttttt? :o

UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby lenor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:39 pm

New Michigan Avenue mag spread!

lenor
Superstar

Postby MrLovett » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:30 am

She looks beautiful!
no shade, no hate
MrLovett
Manager

Postby LittleLinda » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:41 pm

'Chelle has been looking fantastic lately...
Oh, and:
http://brownsista.com/michelle-williams-shoots-new-video/ :)
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby Hugo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:15 pm

Let me bump this dead thread with this cuteness

Super Bowl Sing Off with Destiny's Child
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152154899255480&saved

If they know the lyrics they get an xbox one :D
"King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."
Hugo
HAL 9000

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat May 10, 2014 10:44 am

CrazyCrazy