Britney Spears

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

Postby menime123 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:55 am

Mood.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:59 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:My favorite part of "Stronger" is around the middle of the song after the "here I go, here I go" part when she sings the main hook "stronger than yesterday, its nothing but my way .." with a key and melodic change just before the final chorus comes ...

... That moment is pure pop eargasm to me, its so fierce and pop!.
Yesssss for once I full agree with you :P
Yeah, it rocks! 8-)

Back in the day in late 90s / early 00s there used to be a trend / pattern in Bubblegum Pop songs (more specifically those of Max Martin with Backstreet Boys, Britney, N'sync) that around the middle of the song / close to the end the artist would alter the chorus by singing it with a different key and melodic composition before reprising the final chorus. . . . This particular composition "technique" or pattern was used in nearly every Britney Max Martin old bop such as "Baby One More Time", "(You Drive Me) Crazy", "Oops I Did It again", "Lucky", "Stronger" and also album tracks such as "I Will Be There", "Can't Make You Love Me" and "Cinderella" ....

I really loved that, those sections would literally rise the song to pop heaven status (it was like the climax of the song connected to the final chorus) ...

... The "Stronger" one was really fierce and epic. :wink:
Last edited by MrLeonix on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby GetBack » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:06 pm

I also noticed a pattern in Max Martin songs, it's like a bridge-like chorus that can be sung over the actual chorus. He makes that evient towards the end when both are sung at the same time. What is that called? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The love be so fake, but the hate be so real...
GetBack
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:09 pm

I'd love to get a phenomenal B chorus in a pop masterpiece by Britney again.
The last time was "Cinderella" :(
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:16 pm

GetBack wrote:I also noticed a pattern in Max Martin songs, it's like a bridge-like chorus that can be sung over the actual chorus. He makes that evient towards the end when both are sung at the same time. What is that called? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know how its called, Bridge-Chorus Hybrid? :lol: .... Or maybe the way Mainshaw called it "B-Chorus"? (Even though a B-chorus is quite different for me).

Mainshow wrote:I'd love to get a phenomenal B chorus in a pop masterpiece by Britney again.
The last time was "Cinderella" :(
Oh yeah, I miss that too, I don't know why it stopped being a trend and disappeared from pop compositions.

"Cinderella" was the last time they did it and the Cinderella one is epic as f*ck !. .
Last edited by MrLeonix on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby beredy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:22 pm

I wouldn't call it B-chorus either. There are songs with actual B-choruses that act like a chorus, have completely different lyrics and melody than main chorus.

It's still the same lyrics, only the vocal delivery is changed bit (different key, different line delivery) - I'd just call it a modulation.
beredy
Manager

Postby JeremySpears » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:51 pm

"B in the Mix: The Remixes Vol. 2" was released 7 years ago today! :D

I'm honestly the biggest fan of the remix albums. Especially the first one. I would kill for Vol. 3 :lol:
Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Justin Timberlake
JeremySpears
Roadie

Postby menime123 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:08 pm

The first one was good, but the second was terrible.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:11 pm

I agree. I enjoy vol 2 a lot less than Vol 1. There are a couple of decent songs but not enough.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:14 pm

The second one wasn't bad but somehow cheap compared to the first one.
The cover is horrible. I am glad the butterfly is still there and got a different colour. It's like a continuation... But the Pic (they chose a horrible one, BTW) has been lazily cropped. It looks so amateurish.

Also, the tracklist is bland. Not a single previously unreleased track :(. Moreover, I do miss some "random" album tracks. The first volume was way more interesting because non singles had a time to shine.

I wouldn't mind a vol. 3, tbh, but it should be 12 tracks at least, one new song and 2/3/4 album tracks.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby menime123 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:23 pm

I could have got on board with the second if it had a new song on it.
menime123
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:28 pm

menime123 wrote:I could have got on board with the second if it had a new song on it.
Same here... I bought it anyway, of course.
Especially since "Criminal" was the second single without a physical release and I was glad to have the excellent single version of that song on CD/good quality.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:38 pm

The first Remix album is actually pretty good, some of the remixes are pretty well crafted, the album is cohesive and it features one great new song ("And Then We Kiss").

The second remix album is just plain trash, pointless, no new tracks, most of the remixes are basic and it offers nothing . . . . Even though the "Circus (Linus Loves Remix)" featured on it its a techno masterpiece :cry: :cry:
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:52 pm

MrLeonix wrote:The first Remix album is actually pretty good, some of the remixes are pretty well crafted, the album is cohesive and it features one great new song ("And Then We Kiss").

The second remix album is just plain trash, pointless, no new tracks, most of the remixes are basic and it offers nothing . . . . Even though the "Circus (Linus Loves Remix)" featured on it its a techno masterpiece :cry: :cry:
I actually really enjoyed the Till The World Ends and 3 remixes. The Criminal Edit/Mix is brilliant and better than the Femme Fatale version and I was happy to have got a remix for" Radar" since it was the first single without a physical release here in Germany.

Also, the album offered remixed by known and popular producers such as Benny Benassi,, Tiesto and Kaskade.

It wasn't trash at all, in my opinion, it just looks super bland and sounds flat after B In The mix vol. 1 which was perfect for a remix album.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:02 pm

I liked both remix albums somehow. :) Both have some nice remixes, but the first one has the incredible And then we kiss so it's a bit better. ^^
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:27 pm

Actually, I wouldn't mind "B In The Mix - vol. 3" when it comes to Britney Jean. Half of the songs aren't even bad (they are quite good and enjoyable).. they just need a better production :D
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Mainshow wrote:Actually, I wouldn't mind "B In The Mix - vol. 3" when it comes to Britney Jean. Half of the songs aren't even bad (they are quite good and enjoyable).. they just need a better production :D
I quite agree.

Actually, The "Alien" Insurrection William Orbit Remix is great!

The songs do have lot of potential with a differente production, arrangement and remixes. :wink:
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Instinct » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Mainshow wrote:Actually, I wouldn't mind "B In The Mix - vol. 3" when it comes to Britney Jean. Half of the songs aren't even bad (they are quite good and enjoyable).. they just need a better production :D
You're forgetting that she doesn't sing half of the songs. :lol: Even better production wouldn't save that album.
Instinct
Manager

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:56 pm

Instinct wrote:
You're forgetting that she doesn't sing half of the songs. :lol: Even better production wouldn't save that album.
:lol:

Truth told... Production includes "vocal" production, though, maybe it does include "getting to the recording studio" again :D
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Erotica » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:00 pm

In my imagination Britney always sings all songs on the albums. I refuse to accept something else. :oops: I know people always talk about that, but for me it's her.

But on the other hand I also believed all songs on Michael are from Michael Jackson and didn't believe the rumours. This year it was proved I was wrong. :lol:
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:12 pm

Since the vocal production on "Britney Jean" is so terribly bad and most songs sound really dated and bland and impersonal (despite its marketing), I can't really say what's the difference, tbh; even though I have been a huge fan of Britney since early 1999.

There's just something very off in "Tik Tik Boom", "Body Ache" and "Chillin' With U"...
"Passenger" would be an excellent song if it wasn't for Myah Marie... I think on this track, it's very obvious, that's not Godney singing it :(

Oh.. and I hate that glitch in "Alien". - Tbh, that album should have never seen the light of the day... it would have been better if they had taken the first tracks of that project (Hit-Boy, Rodney Jerkins, Naughty Boy) & half of BJ songs and let Britney re-record them and didn't involve will.i.am apart from his own songs/productions like "It Should Be Easy" and "Work Bitch". - It would have been so much better (hopefully) :D

Edit: On the other hand, I still believe the album was meant to be personal (to Britney).. I mean, the tracks (where you can tell that it's clearly Britney singing it) are quite personal: "Alien", "Hold On Tight", "Don't Cry".. even "Perfume"... Those songs deserve so much more and not to end up being part of Britney Jean :(
Mainshow
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Mainshow wrote: and bland and impersonal (despite its marketing),
Actually there are indeed several personal cuts in the album such as "Hold On Tight", "Alien", "Don't Cry" and "Brightest Morning Star" and thats why I think Britney refered to it as personal . . . . But everything seems to point out that they just ended up throwing some unplanned and random EDM pointless songs on it at the last minute which ruined the mood and purpose of the album.

"Hold On Tight" was the first recorded song on BJ, so it was pretty clear that when they started they were going for personal or more intimate stuff (likely to Britney's request / choice) . . . IMO the cheap dance songs didn't come after the second half and last part of the sessions and they added them because they probably felt there were too many slow-ish mellow songs on the record.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:31 pm

Yeah, we actually agree ;) "Hold On Tight" is a great song and damn, if that was the dirction Britney was going, it would have been a hell of an album and probably a game-changer!

Actually, Britney('s team) got enough money on her hands... they should have released a "re-recorded" Britney Jean album without any Myeah in the lead, glitches for her fans after "Perfume" flopped. - Btw, is there a "Piece Of Me" version of "Work Bitch" (as a studio version)? It would be nice to have the song with Britney's vocals (only) :D

Actually. I am listening to "Britney Jean" right now and tbh, I enjoy most of the songs (apart from "Chilling With U" and "Body Ache" which are utterly horrendous) but damn... some vocals are just embarrassing... "Glory" really made me forget about that album though... still, there was some potential when it comes to Britney Jean and I would love to fully enjoy it but all that Myah mess and "EDM" rejects kill it a bit for me.
Mainshow
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 pm

I love Britney Jean. Yeah it's not as amazing as the likes of Glory but I still think it's a solid album.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Erotica » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 pm

I have no problems with listening to Britney Jean, but it is weak compared to most of her other albums. I enjoy Tik Tik Boom, Body Ache and Til it's gone.
Erotica
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion