Britney Spears

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

As we celebrate Blackout's 10th anniversary, what are your own THREE favourite tracks?

1. Gimme More
26%
2. Piece of me
16%
3. Radar
4%
4. Break the ice
14%
5. Heaven on earth
2%
6. Get naked (I got a plan)
14%
7. Freakshow
4%
8. Toy soldier
4%
9. Hot as ice
3%
10. Ooh ooh baby
1%
11. Perfect lover
1%
12. Why should I be sad?
4%
13. Outta this world
2%
14. Get back
2%
15. Everybody
1%

Total votes : 146

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:30 pm

menime123 wrote:So how long til the next album? Q4 release next year? World tour 2019? :D
I don't think Britney will ever release an album during Q4 again. So I say Q2 or Q3. A Tour will likely happen in 2019, then she may take a 2 years break and return to Vegas around 2021 for a new different show.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:33 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
menime123 wrote:So how long til the next album? Q4 release next year? World tour 2019? :D
I don't think Britney will ever release an album during Q4 again. So I say Q2 or Q3. A Tour will likely happen in 2019, then she may take a 2 years break and return to Vegas around 2021 for a new different show.
I can actually see this. I think she's done with kids tbh so no worry there. I hope the next era is more...eventful! I love Glory (the album) but I didn't appreciate that Britney was at the forefront of the scene. Or maybe I need to accept that she is going into the Auntie phase (when a big star stops having super duper mainstream success as starts going into their legendary older star career of touring, special appearances and rare moments + and album here are there) years of her life. :-?

But I mean...she will forever and always be that bitch!
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:56 pm

If she has the right lead single, I think she could pull off a Q4 release. But I’d be happy with Q1 and her doing the award shows. Or maybe a buzz single around VMA 2018? Gimme more Bitchney :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:05 am

Britney Spears Opens Children’s Cancer Foundation Campus in Vegas After Donating $1 Million

Britney Spears has officially left her mark in Las Vegas, and many children are bound to benefit from it.
On Saturday, the pop star attended the grand opening of the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation’s Britney Spears Campus, located just a few miles from where she performs her residency show. Through donations from ticket sales from her Planet Hollywood show, Spears donated $1 million dollars to make the campus happen.
“I’m just really excited to be standing here for our new NCCF campus,” Spears said before the ceremonial ribbon cutting. “We started fundraising in 2014 and we’ve raised $1 million to build this amazing facility to support the kids and the families everywhere. I’m so thankful to everyone for their generosity in making this a reality and making this happen.”

With wind whipping around her and her boyfriend Sam Asghari nearby, Spears listened on as local officials sang her praises at the opening.

We can’t thank Britney enough being able to do this. Our dream for many, many years has been to be able to have one building that all of our 45 programs can come together in one place. And that we are able to to today,” NCCF CEO Jeff Gordon said. “And that doesn’t happen without someone like Britney Spears.

Through working with Spears and her team, he said, “We saw a side of Britney Spears that so many people maybe don’t have the opportunity to see. You realize what a special person Britney is. She’s an incredible performer, we know all that, but she does care and the more we’ve gotten to know her, the more grateful we’ve become to her, and the kids have adored her.”

Clark County Commission Steve Sisolak equated Spears’ $1 million donation to the generosity showed to the Las Vegas community after the Route 91 mass shooting on Oct. 1.

“Thirty-five days ago our community when through something that we will never forget. People around the world got to see a side of Vegas that they had never seen before. They saw the love that Las Vegas has,” he said. “Today is similar to that because until today people haven’t totally understood what Britney Spears has meant to this community. We’ve all seen her on stage, we’ve all seen her perform and what a phenomenal performer and entertainer she is, but what’s she’s doing today is another side of Britney that unfortunately most of us haven’t had the opportunity to see before.

He added, “What she is doing today, and continues to do, is going to benefit thousands of children that comes through this facility, and for that we are sincerely thankful and very, very appreciative.”
Source: http://people.com/music/britney-spears- ... vegas/amp/

Honestly this is extremely remarkable, the next logical step for her career now that she is mature and soon will be in her 40s is becoming a philanthropist with many people receiving help and benefit. Rich and famous people can help community a lot by giving this kind of opportunities to others.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:40 am

MrLeonix
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:41 am

MrLeonix wrote:Image
She's looking good!!!
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:42 am

@BritneySpears Honored to be part of the grand opening of the new @NVCCF campus today!! This amazing facility is going to help so many people in need.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Instinct » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:54 am

MrLeonix wrote:Britney Spears Opens Children’s Cancer Foundation Campus in Vegas After Donating $1 Million

Source: http://people.com/music/britney-spears- ... vegas/amp/

Honestly this is extremely remarkable, the next logical step for her career now that she is mature and soon will be in her 40s is becoming a philanthropist with many people receiving help and benefit. Rich and famous people can help community a lot by giving this kind of opportunities to others.
Wonderful. I'm really glad she's doing this! So happy for all the kids.

Instinct
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:30 pm

I will say one thing, that body has been ON POINT all this year and last year for the most part. Queen of stomach.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby britboyphil » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 am

happy and beautiful with a heart. love her lips, never looked that good in a while. those legs are awesome..
britboyphil
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:33 am

She looks good.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Instinct » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:52 am

"Britney" was released 16 years ago today!

Britney is the third studio album by American singer Britney Spears. It was released on November 6, 2001 in the United States through Jive Records. Looking to transition from the teen pop styles of her earlier albums ...Baby One More Time (1999) and Oops!... I Did It Again (2000), Spears began to embrace a more mature sound with Britney. Its music incorporates genres of pop and dance-pop with influences of R&B and occasionally dips into elements of disco, hip hop and rock; its lyrics address the subjects of reaching adulthood and sexuality. Contributions to its production came from a variety of collaborators, including Max Martin and Rami Yacoub. Spears herself assumed a more prominent role in the album's development, co-writing seven of its tracks.
-Debuted at #1 on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 745,000 copies
-Over 10,100,000 copies sold worldwide
-34th best-selling album of the 2000s decade
-Spawed 4 Top 10 hits in the UK ("I'm a Slave 4 U", "Overprotected", "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman", "Boys")
-Earned two Grammy nominations for "Best Pop Vocal Album" and "Best Female Pop Vocal Performance"
-Britney became the first musician to top Forbes

#1: Austria, Canada, Germany, Israel, South Korea, Switzerland, United States
Top 5: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Europe, France, Greece, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, Norway, Poland, Spain, United Kingdom
Top 10: Denmark, Italy, South Africa, Sweden

Worldwide sales (courtesy of http//chartmasters.org and Britney.com)

America
US – 5,200,000
Canada – 400,000
Argentina – 50,000
Brazil – 140,000
Mexico – 250,000
Venezuela – 50,000
Chile – 25,000

Asia – 1,540,000
Japan – 525,000
South Korea – 310,000
Taiwan – 40,000
Hong Kong – 25,000
Philippines – 115,000
Indonesia – 180,000
Malaysia – 50,000
Thailand – 155,000
Singapore – 30,000
India – 35,000

Oceania
Australia – 160,000
New Zealand – 15,000
Africa
South Africa – 25,000

Europe – 2,170,000
UK – 475,000
France – 415,000
Germany – 375,000
Italy – 100,000
Spain – 150,000
Sweden – 70,000
Netherlands – 60,000
Switzerland – 65,000
Austria – 50,000
Finland – 15,000
Ireland – 45,000
Portugal – 40,000
Greece – 12,500
Turkey – 15,000
Belgium – 65,000
Czech Republic – 17,500
Hungary – 22,000
Poland – 30,000
Denmark – 50,000
Norway – 30,000
Russia – 30,000
World – 10,105,000

Happy Birthday to this amazing pop album! By far her most underrated record and her best era. And her best-selling studio album in Japan, South Korea, and Thailand. :P

Instinct
Manager

Postby Instinct » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:55 am

This song is so underrated, I feel like it was ahead of its time (at least in America).

The whole album is full of hidden gems. I don't skip one single track. 8-)
Instinct
Manager

Postby menime123 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:24 am

It’s probably my 3rd favourite Britney album after BO and ITZ.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Mainshow » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:43 am

What a masterpiece! It's my favourite album of all times and I can't believe it was released 16 years ago. Time flies!

I also think it's underrated among fans. "Britney" deserves more praise aince it's her transition record. She evolved so much but still had songs to make her teen pop fans happy. It was her last record including songs with B choruses. Also, she had been heavily involved in the writing and producing processes and worked with new people like Dido, The Neptunes, Darkchild, Justin Timberlake while still sticking to her pop essence.
It's her most personal record to date. "In The Zone" was her peak of artistry but "Britney" was her best era, in my opinion. I agree with Instinct.

I also don't skip a single track on this record. My favourite tracks are:

#1 Cinderella
#2 Bombastic Love
#3 Before The Goodbye
#4 I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman
#5 I'm a Slave 4 U

"Overprotected" and "When I Found You" are amazing as well.
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby Gravity » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 am

She looks great! :D
Floped and localed
Gravity
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:28 am

Happy 16th anniversary.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Erotica » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:43 am

She really looks great the last one/two years, love her look on the pics above
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Happy 16th anniversary to "Britney" , its probably my 4th favorite Britney album, really solid. I vividly remember going through this era back in my early teens, as an era it was perfectly executed with lots of music videos, great visuals, looks and promotion, the album was a success and she was at the peak of her celebrity power. "Slave" had the better music video and is the more iconic but Overprotected" was IMO the best song / single from the entire album and era, its simply among her greatest recordings.

Erotica wrote:She really looks great the last one/two years, love her look on the pics above
Indeed, she's been looking great for the last couple of years.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Full Unmastered Version leaked for the first time
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:28 pm

That was a great listen! Some new elements which I haven't heard before!
#TeamTargaryen
Mainshow
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:31 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
To think that,by then ,she'll be 40 is sooooo weird.
In my mind ,she's always a symbol of youth so,whenever I see her or think about her,i never associate her image/figure with one of a 40 yo woman.
Where did time go ? :cry:
Well,I'll be 41 so what do I know anyway ? :lol:
BodyShop
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:24 pm

BodyShop wrote:To think that,by then ,she'll be 40 is sooooo weird.
In my mind ,she's always a symbol of youth so,whenever I see her or think about her,i never associate her image/figure with one of a 40 yo woman.
Where did time go ? :cry:
Well,I'll be 41 so what do I know anyway ? :lol:
Yep, its weird, one tend to not realize she's been for 20 years in the business already.

Her next album which will be her last one in her 30s will likely be (IMO) a Gem and a great follow-up to "Glory", then by the time she approaches 40, I think she's gonna take it really seriously and I actually expect a more serious instrospective spiritual album ..... And then, when her kids leave home and the 40s / mid-life crisis gets her she'll likely start acting desperate, showing tits, dating 18 y.o guys, and releasing generic dance DJ tunes :lol: :lol:
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby SCHoli » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:06 pm

MrLeonix wrote:And then, when her kids leave home and the 40s / mid-life crisis gets her she'll likely start acting desperate, showing tits, dating 18 y.o guys, and releasing generic dance DJ tunes :lol: :lol:
She already did all these things! :lol:

I think Britney will fade even more in the future! It seems like she has no creative vision! She brought nothing new to the table in terms of abilities since Blackout! Her performances have gotten boring and lukewarm! Everytime I see the beginning of "Work Bitch" in Vegas where she is standing there and twitches like a fish out of water it just make me grin.
SCHoli
Personal Assistant

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:22 pm

SCHoli wrote:She already did all these things! :lol:
She will likely do it again in her 40s when her kids leave home for college. :lol:

SCHoli wrote:I think Britney will fade even more in the future! It seems like she has no creative vision! She brought nothing new to the table in terms of abilities since Blackout! Her performances have gotten boring and lukewarm! Everytime I see the beginning of "Work Bitch" in Vegas where she is standing there and twitches like a fish out of water it just make me grin.
She was indeed musically stuck after "Blackout". Like there wasn't musical edge anymore (most of her fans love "Circus" tho). However I think "Glory" was a step in the right direction, its her best critically received album of the last 10 years (in fact I think "Glory" is her 3rd best album ever) and she looks in great shape. I don't think she will ever be a big album seller anymore, but she will keep releasing albums no matter what. :wink:
MrLeonix
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion