Britney Spears

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

As we celebrate Blackout's 10th anniversary, what are your own THREE favourite tracks?

1. Gimme More
26%
2. Piece of me
16%
3. Radar
4%
4. Break the ice
14%
5. Heaven on earth
2%
6. Get naked (I got a plan)
14%
7. Freakshow
4%
8. Toy soldier
4%
9. Hot as ice
3%
10. Ooh ooh baby
1%
11. Perfect lover
1%
12. Why should I be sad?
4%
13. Outta this world
2%
14. Get back
2%
15. Everybody
1%

Total votes : 146

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:46 pm

mznxbcv wrote:
menime123 wrote:It helped that Toxic was bigger and better than MATM in every single way a pop song can be. I love MATM but it’s subpar for such megastars.
I do think if Janet Jackson, and not Madonna, was in that MATM video, it would be far, far more remembered today.
I don't think so, especially considering the fact that 3 months after MATM was released Janet pulled the Super Bowl scandal which got her blacklisted everywhere and even ruined her career. I think Janet would have tarnished Britney's era a lot if she was featured on MATM to be honest.

Madonna is a huge icon and legend and its just a great achievement for any girl to get Madonna featured on a song. Madonna has never been featured on any other female single / song (apart from an uncredited minor appearance for an Annie Lennox song she had), Britney is pretty much the only female pop star that ever got Madonna to record her song, thats just a great honor and a special moment, I think it establishes Spears' Princess of pop status even more even if the song itself is not much remembered today.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby mznxbcv » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:54 pm

MrLeonix wrote:I don't think so, especially considering the fact that 3 months after MATM was released Janet pulled the Super Bowl scandal which got her blacklisted everywhere and even ruined her career. I think Janet would have tarnished Britney's era a lot if she was featured on MATM to be honest.

Madonna is a huge icon and legend and its just a great achievement for any girl to get Madonna featured on a song. Madonna has never been featured on any other female single / song (apart from an uncredited minor appearance for an Annie Lennox song she had), Britney is pretty much the only female pop star that ever got Madonna to record her song, thats just a great honor and a special moment, I think it establishes Spears' Princess of pop status even more even if the song itself is not much remembered today.
Obviously, if you take into account the Super Bowl indecent, then yes, it wouldn't have been a good idea. But since I'm making a hypothetical of that video happening, I'm also assuming the same with the Super Bowl indecent not happening.

Based on that, an actual dance-off between Janet Jackson and somebody who emulated her style of performing as a performer-in her best choreographed video-would arguably be very remembered today.

I don't know if you saw the last part of my post, but do you know how much Britney's ...Baby One More Time Tour-which includes her Crazy 2k Tour-grossed? The estimates around say around $35 million total but I don't know if that's official or if there were accurate sources for that number, like her other tours have.

If it did indeed gross $35 million, then that would put her total touring history gross at half a billion.
mznxbcv
Groupie

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:02 pm

mznxbcv wrote:I don't know if you saw the last part of my post, but do you know how much Britney's ...Baby One More Time Tour-which includes her Crazy 2k Tour-grossed? The estimates around say around $35 million total but I don't know if that's official or if there were accurate sources for that number, like her other tours have.
Considering she was pulling an average between $200k - $500K per show I think both tours may have grossed about $25million - $28million combined.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:22 pm

HAPPY 17th ANNIVERSARY TO "STRONGER" !!

This was just epic ... My favorite single from "Oops I did it again" 8-)
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Instinct » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:00 am

Happy Birthday to this gem 8-) One of my favorite Britney songs ever.

Also, the video is brilliant. I remember seeing the video everywhere back in the day, even more than Lucky. It was by far her edgiest song and video at the time and it never gets old. 8-)
Instinct
Manager

Postby Instinct » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:15 am

She looks incredible

Instinct
Manager

Postby Noahh » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Instinct wrote:Happy Birthday to this gem 8-) One of my favorite Britney songs ever.

Also, the video is brilliant. I remember seeing the video everywhere back in the day, even more than Lucky. It was by far her edgiest song and video at the time and it never gets old. 8-)
This! 8-)
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby LotsOfLove » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Stronger was one of my favorite songs when I was younger. Still love it as much today! :D

I was thinking about this today. If you could release 1 more single out of all eras, which ones would you choose?
I'd go with these ones :

1. Baby one more time - Thinkin bout you
2. Oops - Where are you now
3. Britney - Lonely
4. In the Zone - Breathe on me
5. Blackout - Get Naked
6. Circus - Unusual You
7. FF - Inside Out
8. Britney Jean - Alien
9. Glory - Do you wanna come over
LotsOfLove
Manager

Postby SCHoli » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Baby - I Will Be There
Oops - Girl In The Mirror
Britney - Cinderella
Zone - Breathe On Me
Blackout - Toy Soldier
Circus - Unusual You
Femme Fatale - Inside Out
Britney Jean - Body Ache
Glory - Man On The Moon
SCHoli
Personal Assistant

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:16 pm

"Stronger" was my favorite Britney single and music video at the time of its release. It was simply her best stuff back then between 1998-2000

LotsOfLove wrote:I was thinking about this today. If you could release 1 more single out of all eras, which ones would you choose?
1. Baby one more time - I will be there
2. Oops I did it again - Can't make you love me
3. Britney - Cinderella
4. In the zone - Breathe on me
5. Blackout - Radar :roll:
6. Circus - Shattered Glass
7. Femme Fatale - He about to lose me
8. Britney Jean - Alien
9. Glory - Love me down
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Instinct » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:46 pm

...Baby One More Time - I Will Be There (but I'd rather release Born To Make You Happy internationally)
Oops!... I Did It Again - Can't Make You Love Me
Britney - Cinderella
In the Zone: Breathe On Me
Blackout: Get Naked (I Got A Plan)
Circus - Unusual You
Femme Fatale - Up N' Down
Glory - Do You Wanna Come Over?
Instinct
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:08 am

"Slumber Party" turns 1 year today ! 8-)

The stunning gem produced by Mattman & Robin brought Reggae to Britney Spears' repertoire and served as Glory's second single to critical praise. The song was a #1 club hit and produced an EP of elaborate remixes, it was accompanied by Spears' greatest music video from this decade.

Happy 1st anniversary to "Slumber Party", Truly one of Britney's finest releases.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby jochen » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:37 am

MrLeonix wrote:"Slumber Party" turns 1 year today ! 8-)

The stunning gem produced by Mattman & Robin brought Reggae to Britney Spears' repertoire and served as Glory's second single to critical praise. The song was a #1 club hit and produced an EP of elaborate remixes, it was accompanied by Spears' greatest music video from this decade.

Happy 1st anniversary to "Slumber Party", Truly one of Britney's finest releases.
Its a good song
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby Instinct » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 am

Happy 1st anniversary to this fantastic bop! One of Britney's best releases in recent years for sure. It's very classic Britney and at the same time it's very current. Deserved to be much bigger. Top notch production, clever lyrics and good vocals.

The video has 72 million views on YouTube which is pretty bad for the streaming era, however, it's actually not that disastrous considering the song did nothing on the charts, and other recent pop videos have done worse. It had a very solid start on YouTube (5.6 million views in 24 hours, more than Pretty Girls and almost as much as Work Bitch), but unfortunately it slowed down a lot due to lack of promo and airplay. At least it surpassed the Make Me video and will get certified one day.

Still, the video is excellent. Her best one released this decade for sure. It was a return to form after three horrible videos in a row (Perfume, Pretty Girls, Make Me). I wouldn't change anything about it - she looked stunning through the entire thing, the dancing was on point, her chemistry with Tinashe was amazing, she was serving pre-2011 Britney and oozing fire and confidence, the editing/production was great, the colors and cinematography were excellent, etc. Britney, Tinashe and Colin Tilley did a wonderful job.

If she released this like two months earlier and actually promoted it, I'm sure would've have been a decent hit.

The visuals were stunning!
Instinct
Manager

Postby SCHoli » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:52 am

The video was great even though her lips looked destroyed! 8-)
SCHoli
Personal Assistant

Postby BehindBreakaway » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Am I the only one who loves pretty girls video
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Personal Assistant

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:06 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:Am I the only one who loves pretty girls video
You're not the only one, I've seen other fans who like that video as well, you're in the minority tho.

Personally I think its her worst music video this decade.
Last edited by MrLeonix on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:03 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
BehindBreakaway wrote:Am I the only one who loves pretty girls video
You're not the only one, I've other fans who like that video as well, you're in the minority tho.

Personally I think its her worst music video this decade.
The whole thing was just odd. I don’t think it’s a bad video, just the whole project was... random. It did absolutely nothing for her.

Her video quality this decade has been amazing. I know the song is underrated and the album ignored, but I love the video for Perfume.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:17 pm

menime123 wrote:It did absolutely nothing for her. .
It did something for her ... It destroyed her even more :lol: ... If anything "Pretty Girls" just tarnished her even more after being released just right away the already harming "Britney Jean" (which I know you like but critics hated it and it left like 80% of her fanbase unhappy).

menime123 wrote:Her video quality this decade has been amazing. I know the song is underrated and the album ignored, but I love the video for Perfume.
I think it was a non-event boring as hell music video, but I do appreciate the cinematic feel of it and its more serious and simple approach. Definately miles better than the "Pretty Girls" music video.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
menime123 wrote:It did absolutely nothing for her. .
It did something for her ... It destroyed her even more :lol: ... If anything "Pretty Girls" just tarnished her even more after being released just right away the already harming "Britney Jean" (which I know you like but critics hated it and it left like 80% of her fanbase unhappy).

menime123 wrote:Her video quality this decade has been amazing. I know the song is underrated and the album ignored, but I love the video for Perfume.
I think it was a non-event boring as hell music video, but I do appreciate the cinematic feel of it and its more serious and simple approach. Definately miles better than the "Pretty Girls" music video.
Perfume would have been a hit for her a decade earlier. The whole song and video remind me of her OUDIA/B era simplicity.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Erotica » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:40 pm

1. Baby one more time - Soda Pop
2. Oops I did it again - Can't make you love me
3. Britney - Cinderella
4. In the zone - Breathe on me
5. Blackout - maybe Get naked (even though I love Hot as ice)
6. Circus - Mannequin (but love Mmm Papi more)
7. Femme Fatale - He about to lose me
8. Britney Jean - Alien
9. Glory - Just like me
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby britboyphil » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:47 am

Back in the Janet-Britney collab. I have been wishing for it in a while. MATM could have been a perfect song since it was leaning on the MJ/Janet style. But, I am thankful it was Madonna she got to duet with coz if I am not mistaken that is when their friendship started and Madonna helped Britney during her worst time.

But I think it is not yet late for a Brit-Janet collab. It would be epic. Both are incredible dancers.
I would love the following songs released during their respective eras:
I will be there (sweet friendship song)
What you see is what you get (love the melody)
Cinderella and Lonely (incredible songs)
I got that Boom Boom (cool)
I've just begun
Mona Lisa
Ooh ooh baby, hot as ice, why should i be sad, get naked
Shattered glass, unusual you
Down and up, selfish, beautiful (drop dead)
Alien (leaked version)
No Sea Cortes, Love Me Down, Mood Ring

Slumber Party is the best song from Glory. The song and the video are perfect. It was cool, sexy, funky..the side of Britney Spears that I love.
britboyphil
Manager

Postby Ivica » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 am

1. Baby one more time - i will be there
2. Oops - where are you now
3. Britney - lonely
4. In the Zone - breathe on me
5. Blackout - get naked
6. Circus - unusual you
7. FF - inside out
8. Britney Jean - til it's gone
9. Glory - love me down
Ivica
Legend

Postby mznxbcv » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:23 pm

Anyone else think that 'Criminal' is her best music video of the 2010s?

I especially liked the fact that it has a storyline.

And it was arguably the right single choice because it comfortably has the highest recurrent Vevo streams of any video off of Femme Fatale and I'm not sure 'Inside Out' would be steamed as much today even though it might have been the bigger hit in 2011.
mznxbcv
Groupie

Postby Instinct » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:28 pm

mznxbcv wrote:Anyone else think that 'Criminal' is her best music video of the 2010s?

I especially liked the fact that it has a storyline.

And it was arguably the right single choice because it comfortably has the highest recurrent Vevo streams of any video off of Femme Fatale and I'm not sure 'Inside Out' would be steamed as much today even though it might have been the bigger hit in 2011.
Definitely not, but it's the best one from 2011-2012 for sure.
Instinct
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion